HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Anybody know a good chiropractor?
Posted by: FairfaxTeacher ()
Date: January 09, 2009 03:28PM

I've just moved here from New York, and haven't had time to look for a new Dr.
My neighbor sees Dr. Sievers in Fairfax, anybody heard of him? Or have one they trust, and could refer me to? This back pain is unbearable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anybody know a good chiropractor?
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: January 09, 2009 03:36PM

go to a physical therapist, they will fix your back, not just make it feel better for a while.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: January 09, 2009 03:49PM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> go to a physical therapist, they will fix your
> back, not just make it feel better for a while.

I agree. If I have a real back problem, the last thing I would want is some quack pushing down on it funny. I've heard these guys occasionally paralyze people because they really don't know what they are doing.

Posted by: John Coyote ()
Date: January 09, 2009 04:57PM

FairfaxTeacher Wrote:

> This back pain is unbearable.

Go to an orthopedic surgeon. They'll take X-rays and run you through an MRI, if necessary. As mentioned, you definitely don't want some guy forcefully pushing down on a slipped or ruptured disk (or whatever you have).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 05:00PM by John Coyote.

Posted by: back to normal ()
Date: January 09, 2009 05:34PM

herndon and elsewhere in FFX:

back etc: capitol spine and pain center http://www.treatingpain.com/

physio: jackson clinics http://thejacksonclinics.com/

I found both very good, straightforward and friendly - their offices in Herndon are next door to each other which is very handy

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: January 09, 2009 05:36PM

back to normal Wrote:
> herndon and elsewhere in FFX:
>
>
> back etc: capitol spine and pain center
> http://www.treatingpain.com/
>
> physio: jackson clinics
> http://thejacksonclinics.com/
>
> I found both very good, straightforward and
> friendly - their offices in Herndon are next door
> to each other which is very handy

Is this kind of work, or physical therapy work, generally covered by health insurance?

Date: January 09, 2009 05:42PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> back to normal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > herndon and elsewhere in FFX:
> >
> >
> > back etc: capitol spine and pain center
> > http://www.treatingpain.com/
> >
> > physio: jackson clinics
> > http://thejacksonclinics.com/
> >
> > I found both very good, straightforward and
> > friendly - their offices in Herndon are next
> door
> > to each other which is very handy
>
> Is this kind of work, or physical therapy work,
> generally covered by health insurance?

Was in my case - referred by my GP to Dr Virgil Balint at Capitol who handled diagnosis, imaging, injections etc and then onwards from him to jackson clinic for physio. Insurance folks were fine.

I was very happy, although my problems were pretty straightforward.

These are pretty mainstream - not sure how insurers look at chiropractors though. I'd agree with the others - start mainstream and get a referral from your GP

Posted by: eh ()
Date: January 09, 2009 05:43PM

I have been going to a chiropractor for 18 years now, basically from when i was born. I was born with my spine shifted out of place and i wasn't able to digest things like milk and other foods. My family had started going to him 2 yrs prior to my birth, and he has been the best thing since. I go once every 6 months to a year, so basically unless i literally injure myself he does a great job. His name is Doctor Christopher Frey and he is at Circle Chiropractic Center, P.C.
9526 B Lee Highway
Fairfax, VA 22031

I understand where most people's opinions on chiropractor's comes from, but honestly i would not reccommend him to others, or even go to him if i felt he could not suit your needs. He also has helped me rehabilitate my knee and he saved one of my relatives from basically losing their lower veterbrae after a car crash, and that was without the use of medicine. So i feel confident he can help you out, and his prices are very low and here is the phone number 703-385-2990, so just call and talk to them and he should be there to answer all your questions.

Posted by: rofl ()
Date: January 09, 2009 05:47PM

rofl just moved from NY to fairfax...sounds like my ap govt teacher at tilly

Date: January 09, 2009 05:56PM

rofl Wrote:
> rofl just moved from NY to fairfax...sounds like
> my ap govt teacher at tilly

the great thing about FFXU - you can always find a stalker when you need one ;)

Date: January 09, 2009 06:18PM

eh Wrote:
> I have been going to a chiropractor for 18 years
> now, basically from when i was born.

exactly, they dont fix you, just shift stuff. you should also see a physical therapist. they can also teach you how to fix yourself if/when needed.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: January 09, 2009 06:35PM

I have severe lower back pain from fracturing a vertebrae in a car accident, and the most any physical therapist or doc-tor has done is give me a photocopy of some stretching exercises that are supposed to work, but don't. I kind of gave up after seeing a couple doc-tors.

Is it worth trying again with a different physical therapist? I have no idea what they do, besides make photocopies for you.

Posted by: eh ()
Date: January 09, 2009 06:47PM

the chiro i go to had my relative do this weird machine where they strap your feet in and you like hang up side down and use your back to push up and back. It was weird i can not truly describe it. But he also talks with all your doctors if you allow him to, looks at x-rays for you, or can take x-rays. They have a machine that they use to scan your back with and it tells them how aligned your back is. Idk, i can not vouch for all chiros, mine has been learned and used chiropractic methods for over 40 yrs, he did try getting an assitant to help take the load off of the amount of clients they have, but the new methods they used pretty much was just prodding you and making you feel un comfortable, so he basically had to get rid of all of them and go back to just him doing all the work, but eh most people do not come back for 6 mo to a year like i said so its not that bad

Date: January 09, 2009 07:06PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> I have severe lower back pain from fracturing a
> vertebrae in a car accident, and the most any
> physical therapist or doc-tor has done is give me
> a photocopy of some stretching exercises that are
> supposed to work, but don't. I kind of gave up
> after seeing a couple doc-tors.

if it isnt helping, you are probably doing something improperly or you gave up to quickly. unfortunately, the younger/newer physical therapists dont always know what they are doing so they may not have you doing the correct stretches.

> Is it worth trying again with a different physical
> therapist?

absolutely, this is what they specialize in.

> I have no idea what they do, besides
> make photocopies for you.

they should actually show you how to do the exercises and/or help you do them there. multiple sessions there should be a help as well. if you arent getting better with the stretches, go back and tell them they are not helping. dont give up on physical therapists, they are the ones help you recover, not just make you feel better for a few days.

chiropractors are like taking asprin while physical therapists actually remove the shard of metal sticking out of your arm.

Date: January 09, 2009 07:10PM

Your words are compelling.

So, anybody know a good physical therapist?

Date: January 09, 2009 07:14PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Your words are compelling.
>
> So, anybody know a good physical therapist?

physio: jackson clinics [thejacksonclinics.com]

Posted by: Miley ()
Date: January 10, 2009 12:32PM

I've been going to Dr. Sievers for 6 months now and I feel so much better! He is an excellent chiropractor and knows what he is doing! I would recommend him in a minute!

Posted by: gran torino ()
Date: January 12, 2009 10:01AM

Dr. Birnabu (sp?) in Fairfax is excellent. He is the chiropractor for GMU Athletics and was even in Atlanta in 96 as a chiropractor for the US olympic team. His services are fully covered under FCPS' insurance policy, as well, as I have been going to him for years under that insurance.

He is located in downtown Fairfax City.

Posted by: McQ ()
Date: January 14, 2009 12:48PM

I have been a patient of Dr. Sievers' since he opened his practice, I guess about 25 yrs ago. My husband, children, and all of my relatives also see him. I had been to other chiros before, and will still see another chiro if I am out of town. But, I always come back to Dr. Sievers. I know some of his patients that move out of state, and FLY here to see him. He is the chiropractor, to all the chiropractors. He is the guy the see themselves, and who they send their 'difficult' cases to. His motto is to get you well in the shortest time possible, at the least expense. If he can't, he will send you elsewhere. I think he gets such great results, because he finds the underlying cause of the problem. Because his results are so outstanding, people just flock in there. I have shown up in the morning to find a line of people in the hallway just waiting to get in, no lie. He's really amazing. People don't just go to him for chiropractic, they also go for this awesome nutritional workup. He gets patients that have cancer, and lyme, and fibromyalgia in there for this nutritional support. I just heard he was invited to John Hopkins to speak/teach or something of that nature. How many chiro's have done that? His ofc is in Fairfax.
Phones ring off the hook, so if you don't get thru,,keep trying.
Dr Dennis Sievers
Care Plus Health & Wellness
10340 Democracy Lane, Suite 104
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 703-385-4773

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.