HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Auto Insurance
Posted by: Arbegaz ()
Date: February 02, 2016 12:59PM

A dude backed into me coming out of a parking spot. He accepted responsibility and gave me ins. info. Now the ins. co. is saying the car involved was not covered by them and denying the claim. Rather than having my insurance pay for the repairs and go after them later, I want to go after this guy directly for the repairs by suing him in small claims court. Will that work? There's not that much damage, so I'm not hurting, I'm pissed though ... Any thoughts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Auto Insurance
Posted by: small claims will work ()
Date: February 02, 2016 01:21PM

Giving out false insurance information is also a Flip Flippen no no, you might mention that to him…

Posted by: t6bJy ()
Date: February 02, 2016 01:26PM

Yes, you would have to get an estimate (from 2 different shops would be better) from a body shop .. then file the paper work out the court house -- there is a filing fee -- and you can have the guy pay monthly, etc.

Your best bet.

Posted by: mjs ()
Date: February 02, 2016 02:07PM

Ask the police for help. if a guy is driving around with out insurance... they'd want to know..

do you have the tag# VIN# drivers name, address, ect. with smart phones its easy to get this information. a quick photo. done.

its going cost you more pain and suffering than whats its worth. Yes you will get satisfaction, but even if you a get a judgement against this guy. a judgement is no guarantee of getting payment.... all it means is that the courts agree that he owes you money. its up to you then garnish his wages or force a sheriffs sale of merchandise...

Posted by: actl ()
Date: February 02, 2016 02:29PM

Arbegaz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A dude backed into me coming out of a parking
> spot. He accepted responsibility and gave me ins.
> info. Now the ins. co. is saying the car involved
> was not covered by them and denying the claim.
> Rather than having my insurance pay for the
> repairs and go after them later, I want to go
> after this guy directly for the repairs by suing
> him in small claims court. Will that work?
> There's not that much damage, so I'm not hurting,
> I'm pissed though ... Any thoughts.

You should have called the cops on the spot so you'd have a police report to reference.

Posted by: heymack ()
Date: February 02, 2016 03:00PM

If you don't have any pictures or witnesses you are screwed at this point. Any accident whether in a parking lot or on the road the first thing you should do if there are no injuries is take pictures of both cars at all points including the license plate ... then get a picture of the other driver's license as they should ask for your's. Without any evidence of the accident if no cop is called you can be screwing yourself.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.