HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Running a red light
Posted by: joeseph ()
Date: January 29, 2016 10:17AM

This morning,I was lost and trying to figure out where to turn and accidentally ran a red light. It was one of those off to the sides of the highways and the traffic light had another traffic light that was 20 seconds away. I did try to stop and ended over the line so i looked to make sure no cars were coming so I went on through. I really hope that I don't get a ticket. What are some instances where I might get lucky and not get a ticket. I think I was on VA 7100 and was trying to see if I was turning left or left at the next stop. I really don't want my parents to pay for the increase in insurance rates as a result of this mishap and I just can't get it off my mind. Basically I'm really really really worried and I can't get it off my mind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Running a red light
Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: January 29, 2016 10:38AM

If you were that concerned about your "parents' paying for the increases in insurance rates" (and...you're not) then you tell your parents right now that after committing such a reckless and nearly fatal act that you are clearly not fit to operate a motor vehicle. Then hand them your car keys, your license and remind them to remove you from their automotive insurance policy.

You'd be AMAZED at the savings from dropping a teenaged driver from an automobile insurance policy.

Your other option would be to just kill yourself immediately which would also facilitate your parents' need to drop you from their insurance policy and thus, capture some savings. That would actually be the preferred route since they would actualize savings off of ALL of their insurance policies whereas in the first choice, you're only coming off the automobile policy.

Posted by: Deep! ()
Date: January 29, 2016 10:51AM

Ignored the second post, typical retard here of fairfax underground. Don't worry about the red light, some times it happens and you will only get a ticket if the light had a camera on it which you would normally see a flash if you got caught. If there was a camera you will receive a ticket in the mail for about 50$

Insuarance hike should be minimal and easy to get wiped after period of good driving again.

Posted by: InFairfax ()
Date: January 29, 2016 11:32AM

There are no points assessed against your license as there is no way to prove who was driving the vehicle. I guess insurance companies can get violation information for insured vehicles, but highly doubt most mainstream insurance companies would care about one violation.

Here is a map of all of the redlight cameras in our area. There are very few in our area. Take a look to see if the intersection you were at is even on the map before you get too worked up.

http://www.photoenforced.com/virginia.html

Posted by: be happy ()
Date: January 29, 2016 11:34AM

Ignor the third post also.
Traffic infractions are cited to a driver. The red light and speed cameras assign the blame to a vegicle- like a parking infraction. No "points" are assessed and it should not affect your insurance rates.

Posted by: Deep! ()
Date: January 29, 2016 12:08PM

be happy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ignor the third post also.
> Traffic infractions are cited to a driver. The
> red light and speed cameras assign the blame to a
> vegicle- like a parking infraction. No "points"
> are assessed and it should not affect your
> insurance rates.

don't know why you said ignore the 3rd post as it stated nothing about points only that he may receive a tickit via snail mail. this is true, i know i got hit by one myself and the ticket was for 50 dollars and was one of the cameras in Fairfax City that got me. It is also untrue about them proving who was driving as their is usually 2 pictures taken, one slightly before the light where you can usually see the drivers face (could se me plain and clear) and the second one takes a picture of your license plate. The ticket is sent to the registered owner at the registered address.

so ignore your own post as you don't know shit

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: January 29, 2016 12:12PM

Assuming this isn't a troll post...if you were on the parkway you were in Fairfax County. Fairfax County has not reactivated its red light cameras. If you weren't pulled over by a cop then you won't get a ticket.

Posted by: I spy with my little guy ()
Date: January 29, 2016 05:28PM

That's so weird! I went through a red light yesterday myself! Is it a coinsidence, maybe. Or maybe somebody was listening to my phone call when I mentioned it. Or maybe somebody saw me through a red light camera. I know my wife's brother in law has access to all of the NSA surveillance equipment. And I know he is obsessed with me. And I know he continues to prove to me that "He is watching me"

Or maybe it is just a coincidence. .. who knows....

But I haven't done anything to mask my ip address...

Maybe somebody over there will tell him to stop jerking off to me.

Oh no, gonna delete this post tooooo?.....

Posted by: dUMB, dEEPLY ()
Date: January 29, 2016 06:32PM

Deep! Wrote:

Ignored the second post, typical retard here of fairfax underground. Don't worry about the red light, some times it happens and you will only get a ticket if the light had a camera on it which you would normally see a flash if you got caught. If there was a camera you will receive a ticket in the mail for about 50$

Insuarance hike should be minimal and easy to get wiped after period of good driving again.

Deep! Wrote:

>
> don't know why you said ignore the 3rd post as it
> stated nothing about points only that he may
> receive a tickit via snail mail. this is true, i
> know i got hit by one myself and the ticket was
> for 50 dollars and was one of the cameras in
> Fairfax City that got me. It is also untrue about
> them proving who was driving as their is usually 2
> pictures taken, one slightly before the light
> where you can usually see the drivers face (could
> se me plain and clear) and the second one takes a
> picture of your license plate. The ticket is sent
> to the registered owner at the registered
> address.
>
> so ignore your own post as you don't know shit

Some reading comprehension may be necessary on your part. The OP is worried about insurance rates, not whether a citation will be mailed to the address of the registered owner of the vehicle. Your original post "Insuarance hike should be minimal and easy to get wiped after period of good driving again" is flat-out retarded.

Posted by: bilking you out of fifty bucks ()
Date: January 29, 2016 06:42PM

Deep! Wrote:
> Ignored the second post, typical retard here of
> fairfax underground. Don't worry about the red
> light, some times it happens and you will only get
> a ticket if the light had a camera on it which you
> would normally see a flash if you got caught. If
> there was a camera you will receive a ticket in
> the mail for about 50$
>
> Insuarance hike should be minimal and easy to get
> wiped after period of good driving again.

If its a camera 'citation' dont pay it. In VA you cannot be 'served' a citation via regular mail. Your parents may not agree to this though and they will be the ones getting the 'photo enforcement letter.' The whole red light photo thing is bogus so they dont bother giving you points since they figure bilking you out of fifty bucks without any proof YOU broke any law nor the ability to face an accuser nor accurate information on the chain of custody of evidence by a 3rd party that profits from the alleged moving violation.

Definitely bring this up with your parents NOW so if and when you get a letter in the mail they wont be surprised.

Posted by: you dont get points ()
Date: January 29, 2016 06:46PM

^ oh and you dont get points on you record so I doubt the insurance co will have any way of knowing

Posted by: sure ()
Date: January 29, 2016 07:16PM

MBF Wrote:
> Assuming this isn't a troll post...if you were on
> the parkway you were in Fairfax County. Fairfax
> County has not reactivated its red light cameras.
> If you weren't pulled over by a cop then you won't
> get a ticket.

Posted by: sure ()
Date: January 29, 2016 07:16PM

I spy with my little guy Wrote:
> That's so weird! I went through a red light
> yesterday myself! Is it a coinsidence, maybe. Or
> maybe somebody was listening to my phone call when
> I mentioned it. Or maybe somebody saw me through
> a red light camera. I know my wife's brother in
> law has access to all of the NSA surveillance
> equipment. And I know he is obsessed with me. And
> I know he continues to prove to me that "He is
> watching me"
>
> Or maybe it is just a coincidence. .. who
> knows....
>
> But I haven't done anything to mask my ip
> address...
>
>
> Maybe somebody over there will tell him to stop
> jerking off to me.
>
> Oh no, gonna delete this post tooooo?.....

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.