HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
skate spots
Posted by: Stinee ()
Date: June 05, 2005 05:42PM

Hey anyone know any good skate spots in the herndon area that you won't get kicked out of right away? Really don't want to have to take the metro into DC every time I want to skate something.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: skate spots
Posted by: Cary ()
Date: June 06, 2005 03:56PM

This was originally posted in the Herndon forum but it's a good question so I moved it to fairfax general.

Where are the good skate parks around here? I know there's one behind potomac mills but that's kind of a hike, anywhere else?

Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: June 06, 2005 04:20PM

vans nixed the skatepark at potomac mills, as well as all their outlet stores here... I was pissed because I love vans shoes

Leesburg isn't that far from Herndon. Try Catoctin Skate park if it's still around.
http://www.skateboardparks.com/virginia/catoctin/index.html

in herndon, a lot of kids would create elaborate skate parks from plywood/etc. in the woods in local neighborhoods, when I was living there growing up. They would find a clearing and get some hammers and nails and go to town. The local ARC would then come and tear the thing down, the skatenigs would build another somewhere else or in the same place. And the cycle continued until at least when I was in HS in the mid-90's.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 06, 2005 04:50PM

There's one in the park next to St. Leo's Catholic Church in Fairfax City, at least there was one there a year ago.

Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: June 06, 2005 11:05PM

Not near Herndon but I saw one off Eisenhower Ave in Alexandria near that water park.

Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: June 07, 2005 12:49AM

cameron run park is the water park

Posted by: stinee ()
Date: June 08, 2005 09:20AM

Thanks for the website that helped a bit about some of the parks around here.

I know about most of the parks and I spend a fair amount of time there. I also have my own ramp set up but both are getting kinda boring. I was just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere out of the way that wasn't meant to be a skate park. Like a good rail line or what not.

Posted by: getanothername ()
Date: June 09, 2005 03:01PM

not sure how quick you would get kicked out (or if you can even skate it anymore) but the vienna metro garage used to be a good time.

Posted by: stinee ()
Date: June 10, 2005 09:18AM

Wait the Vienne garage as in the one that's right near Oakton High School...awsome I never even thought of scoping that out. Thanks man.

Posted by: SWweeman ()
Date: June 15, 2005 07:00PM

There is 1 in Fairfax City near the police station on University. There is a larger park at Wakefield Park at Braddock Rd and I-495.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: July 19, 2011 01:55PM

mason has a sick ledge next to the observatory a bunch of gaps stairs and wht not then theres a fun thing to skate behind the party city next to super h mart

Posted by: like2eat@theY ()
Date: July 19, 2011 04:11PM

Attachments:
D0808.jpg

Posted by: Drag me back from cali ()
Date: July 19, 2011 10:04PM

This area needs more places to skate.I thought the area was up beat. I was living in so-cal before i moved here. why is everyone so pissed off and uptight? The women here act like they are perfect 10's. and they are ugly, inside and out. Everyone is angry here? why? Anyway, Thanks for posting some places to skate. Thank you.

Posted by: sumguy ()
Date: July 20, 2011 10:07AM

There is one in Alexandria on duke st. just before you get to old town.

Posted by: flip ()
Date: July 20, 2011 11:50AM

We're pissed cause we don't have medical marijuana.

Posted by: poopstick ()
Date: July 20, 2011 12:39PM

Drag me back from cali Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This area needs more places to skate.I thought the
> area was up beat. I was living in so-cal before i
> moved here. why is everyone so pissed off and
> uptight? The women here act like they are perfect
> 10's. and they are ugly, inside and out. Everyone
> is angry here? why? Anyway, Thanks for posting
> some places to skate. Thank you.

You are 100% correct about the women in this area - ugly and stuck up. And yes, we're all angry cynical assholes. Welcome to NoVA!

... still rather be here than LA... can't stand the west coast douchefest

Posted by: bigboyyyyyy ()
Date: December 01, 2015 09:48AM

yeah, its some shit

Posted by: Hang Ten ()
Date: December 01, 2015 10:23AM

Lake Fairfax Park. Free.

Follow the road to the back corner of the park by all the baseball fields. Turn to the right. There's a skate park with all sorts of "skaters" hang out and doing tricks.

Posted by: Maloof and Powhatan ()
Date: December 01, 2015 02:00PM

RFK dc, on east Capitol ST SE Maloof nice little skate park. Vary chill, smoke weed, drink and whatever. Cops don't fuck with you their, cool hang spot. Powhatan skate park on Wilson Blvd Arlington VA nice pool, not a chill as DC, makes up for it with big pool. Oh need helmet at Powhatan.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.