HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County's New Noise Laws Explained in Simplicity
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: November 19, 2015 01:22AM

Fairfax County, Virginia, has new rules regulating noise that take effect Feb. 17.

Evening noise restrictions between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. cover amplified music, loudspeakers at athletic fields and more.

Overly loud or extensive animal noises, including barking, howling, meowing and squawking, also are prohibited between those hours.

In summer months, when daylight lasts well into the evening, lawn mowing won’t be allowed. Noise restrictions for lawn mowers and power equipment begin at 9 p.m.

Early morning start times for allowable lawn maintenance vary depending on distance from dwellings and golf course proximity, but leaf blower use is prohibited everywhere before 7 a.m. or after 9 p.m.

The evening cutoff point for dog park noise is dusk. Morning noise from dog parks is prohibited before 7 a.m. on weekdays and before 8 a.m. on weekends and federal holidays.

Noise from activities such as unloading trucks, fixing cars and collecting trash are also banned between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m.

Some noises aren’t subject to the new rules. They include generators used in emergencies, snow removal, Metro trains and first responder sirens.

County rules pertaining to noise were rewritten because a “reasonable person” standard for violations was declared too subjective by the Virginia Supreme Court.

Fairfax County noise ordinance violators can be charged either civilly or criminally. Criminal convictions would be Class 2 misdemeanors, which could result in a fine of up to $1,000 and/or up to six months in jail.

Civil penalties are $250 for first offenses and $500 thereafter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County's New Noise Laws Explained in Simplicity
Posted by: Deaf Yet ()
Date: November 19, 2015 09:29AM

I believe there should be a clarification that trash collection at businesses can continue ALL hours of the days at the loudest noise level imaginable.

Posted by: Que? ()
Date: November 19, 2015 09:32AM

Can you please define "extensive animal noises" for me, sport?

Posted by: cmhvG ()
Date: November 19, 2015 12:36PM

> Fairfax County, Virginia, has new rules regulating noise that take effect Feb. 17.

fox news does not report on fx co parliament noise ordinances

EVER

Posted by: GnHY9 ()
Date: November 19, 2015 12:39PM

Evening noise restrictions between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. cover amplified music, loudspeakers at athletic fields and more.

Overly loud or extensive animal noises, including barking, howling, meowing and squawking, also are prohibited between those hours.

=======================

barn noises are not "subject to parliamentary dissaproval"

barking dog complaints are filed at the ZONING dept.: they are strictly a matter neighborhood committee rules as to whether tolerated IF REPEATED

Posted by: MXDUh ()
Date: November 19, 2015 12:39PM

meowing

there is no such thing as a meowing comlaint your full of shit

Posted by: eJwvc ()
Date: November 19, 2015 12:40PM

so fx co gov niggers wish to collect fines for noises and use weaponed police to "enforce collection"

who didn't know that?

-----------------------

but i'll see them (the county and the police) sued or put to jail for abusing the laws in that manner

Posted by: 9yCDK ()
Date: November 19, 2015 12:42PM

> leaf blower use is prohibited everywhere before 7 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
Attachments:
fx-jobs.jpg

Posted by: yFPJH ()
Date: November 19, 2015 12:44PM

no they're not. it's contractors (legitimate businesses) that must not make noise durign specific hours

the standards for home-dwellers are different and also only exist if the neighborhood committee agrees they will be filed as a rule agreed to in buy/selling realestate in the neighborhood

"government" has nothing the fuck to do with it

Posted by: VCYNT ()
Date: November 19, 2015 12:47PM

contractors (legitimate businesses) have regulations against making "the noise of business - unless quietly" during (dinner hours or after)

spics with leaf blowers aren't quiet

and i dont want thug contractors running around after darK: too many of them are theives

i see them eying my things frequently and seen one contractor steal another contractor's tools with my very own eyes

they also do break-ins when things are quiet they enter a home quickly, take what is nearby, and leave

i hate neighbors that hire seedy contractors myself. cheap bastards are endangering me.

Posted by: JYDPv ()
Date: November 19, 2015 12:49PM

it also costs me money

locks, defense, having to use locks, organizing work so if i go to the store nothign is left in open to steal

it eats allot of my f'ing time working around thug contractors - just doing occasional gardening / housework type stuff

pisses me off

Posted by: Fairfax Felix ()
Date: November 19, 2015 10:59PM

GnHY9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Evening noise restrictions between 10 p.m. and 7
> a.m. cover amplified music, loudspeakers at
> athletic fields and more.
>
> Overly loud or extensive animal noises, including
> barking, howling, meowing and squawking, also are
> prohibited between those hours.
>
> =======================
>
> barn noises are not "subject to parliamentary
> dissaproval"
>
> barking dog complaints are filed at the ZONING
> dept.: they are strictly a matter neighborhood
> committee rules as to whether tolerated IF
> REPEATED

So what is FFX Cty going to do about the aircraft noise over Chantilly???

Posted by: Hector ()
Date: November 23, 2015 12:31AM

Fairfax Felix: You're welcome to move out of Chantilly. That's what you can do. You live near an airport. What do you expect? Solitude?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.