HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bravo almost picked Fairfax County as the next Houswives location but...
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: November 12, 2015 04:43PM

"Potomac? How do you pronounce it?"
That was the reaction of one of our Bravo-obsessed friends when the network announced on Wednesday that it's launching two new Real Housewives series: The Real Housewives of Potomac, set to debut in January, and The Real Housewives of Dallas, set to premiere later in 2016. Sure, Dallas seems like an obvious choice and almost makes you wonder what took so long for a Texas town to join the franchise. But Potomac? Not the first town (or the 10th) that comes to mind when you try to think of towns ripe for the drama of The Real Housewives.
However, as Bravo boasts, Potomac, Md. is a small, upscale and very wealthy enclave located just up the river from Washington, D.C. that's filled with gated mansions and exclusive country clubs. (The major Potomac power players picked to fill the six new Housewives slots are Gizelle Bryant, Katie Rost, Karen Huger, Charrisse Jackson-Jordan, Robyn Dixon and Ashley Darby.)
But again: Potomac? It doesn't really roll off the tongue and is very close to D.C., which landed its own short-lived RH series in 2010. So why did Bravo select Potomac as its latest Real Housewives locale? Just check out these facts that might blow your mind:
CLICK: Get to know the new six Housewives
The Real Housewives of Potomac Cast
Tommy Garcia/Bravo
Potomac was listed as the most affluent town in all of the US based on the median household income in 2013 by CNNMoney.com.
The median household income? More than $240,000.
It was listed as the 29th richest zip code in 2011, and had the largest population of any US town to have that high of a median income.
Per Forbes, Potomac is the third most top-educated place in America. 78.6 percent has a bachelor's or graduate degree and only 2.5 percent of the population didn't graduate high school.
Some famous people from Potomac, or who have lived there? Gossip Girl's Taylor Momsen, CNN's Wolf Blitzer, Olympian boxer Sugar Ray Leonard, Darren Star, Sylvester Stallone, tennis player Pete Sampras, Wonder Woman star Lynda Carter and NBA player Patrick Ewing, to name but a few.
It was ranked No. 1 in a a list of the Top 10 Hottest-Guy Cities.
Two Potomac residents made Forbes' list of the 400 wealthiest people in America in 2015: Mitchell Rales, whose net worth is $3.5 billion, and Dan Snyder, the owner of the Washington Redskins, whose net worth is $2.1 billion.
And, because it amuses me, Urban Dictionary describes Potomac as "the 'Darkhorse' of rich American towns."
The Real Housewives of Potomac premieres Sunday, Jan. 17, on Bravo.

rs_560x373-151111124637-RHOPotomac_01.jp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bravo almost picked Fairfax County as the next Houswives location but...
Posted by: Hmm.. ()
Date: November 12, 2015 09:34PM

Nice pic of the boys.

Posted by: kdpnx ()
Date: November 12, 2015 09:57PM

Why are they doing a show about a bunch of maids?

Posted by: #blackliesmatter ()
Date: November 12, 2015 10:11PM

#blackliesmatter

Posted by: thatwouldabeengood ()
Date: November 12, 2015 10:59PM

That would have been hilarious! I might have actually watched The Real Housewives of Fairfax County.

I guess they were worried that the obsession over GPA, APP, TJ...wouldn't have fascinated the rest of the country like it does the folks in Fairfax. Might be some truth to that I reckon.

Posted by: nCTMe ()
Date: November 12, 2015 11:58PM

thatwouldabeengood Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That would have been hilarious! I might have
> actually watched The Real Housewives of Fairfax
> County.
>
> I guess they were worried that the obsession over
> GPA, APP, TJ...wouldn't have fascinated the rest
> of the country like it does the folks in Fairfax.
> Might be some truth to that I reckon.

Most boring show ever. Bunch of mid-level government bureaucrats taking their kids to TJ and buying shit at Costco.

Posted by: djekdnd ()
Date: November 13, 2015 01:12AM

Ummm. They are all black. Yeah. I'll watch that!!! not!!!!

Posted by: It's a hard nog life ()
Date: November 13, 2015 02:56AM

;
Attachments:
baboons_1.jpg

Posted by: Mark j ()
Date: November 13, 2015 11:12PM

Where are the white women? You mean there are no wealthy white people in Potomac ?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.