HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
US Military and PTSD
Posted by: armyofone ()
Date: November 01, 2015 03:45PM

I'm in US Army at Ft. Belvior. America has been at war my entire lifetime.

I'm wondering about all the concern about PTSD for veterans all of a sudden. Last ten years or so. Nobody seems to care about other PTSD causes.

Before I continue I should say that I have PTSD.

But I was trained about what to expect in combat, and as an adult think I was pretty well prepared for what I have seen and been through.

I wonder if the Army is so concerned all of a sudden because a draft is out of the question and the Army has commitments all over the world? It's kind of like car maintenance. If you know you can't get another car (i.e.there isn't an endless supply of soldiers in the pipeline provided by conscription) you work harder at car maintenance (i.e you try to rehabilitate soldiuers so you can deploy them again).

I think top brass' main concern is protecting a dwindling supply of killers to kill for them.

If that isn't so, and people were really concerned about PTSD, they'd do more for people who get PTSD as children. After all, they didn't go to boot camp, so they had no training in how to resist trauma. I'm not innocent. I volunteered as an adult and went through training. As much as anyone, I thought I was prepared. I can't imagine what children who see horrific death or sex abuse go through, completely alone and unprepared. Now that I know what to look for, I have to see that I can see PTSD markers in every criminal I've ever known. I haven't known that many criminals, but of the ones I do know, they've all been damaged goods. And they were all damaged as innocent children. And nobody is doing shit for them.

Just we soldiers. And only so some of us can return to duty to kill for them again.

That6's what I think. Why bother to recover?

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.