HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Old dominion ()
Date: February 07, 2014 11:30AM

Is the great state of Virginia a state of democratic or republican?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Fairfaxian ()
Date: February 07, 2014 11:43AM

First: Virginians do not refer to the "great state" of Virginia; Virginia is a commonwealth.

If your question is about which party currently holds serve in Virginia politics, the answer is both. The Commonwealth is trending Democrat - in part because the GOP ran extremist candidates in this last election, and in part because the major population centers all skew solidly Democrat - but the House of Delegates still is in Republican hands. Currently, Virginia mirrors the federal government in terms of how power is divided.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: To Add ()
Date: February 07, 2014 12:17PM

And just like the federal government, if the right does not return back to the center they will never win a state wide in VA or nation wide in the US election again. They are fine protecting their stronghold districts for the next 6 years, but after the next census realignment, if they dont hold governor positions, they will end up having their districts changed back to forms that will likely help democrats. Thats because the last changes that occurred happened during Bush and in the case of Virginia, under McConnell

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: neither ()
Date: February 07, 2014 12:20PM

Neither. Virginia is for lovers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Sane ()
Date: February 07, 2014 01:55PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the obvious. Virginia did not trend Democrat until the huge numbers of aliens (both legal and illegal) flooded the state and decided they didn't want to vote Republican. There is nothing wrong, of course, with people who are here legally (or are American citizens)registering and voting......but too many illegals and other types of fraud (registering dead people, pets, etc....) are now on the voting rolls with fake IDs. And, not surprisingly, most of them vote Democrat....because it's the Democrats that mostly signed them up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: CC ()
Date: February 07, 2014 01:59PM

The above post is right on. Republicans are NOT losing because of extremist positions (in fact, most of their positions, even with Cuchinelli, by historical standards, are NOT extremist). But the party faces a very hostile media that tries to make them LOOK extremist, and, of course, as the above poster noted, a never-ending influx of illegals and fraudulent voters that have redically skewed the polls, especially in Northern Virginia, in favor of Democrats.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: What An Asshole ()
Date: February 07, 2014 02:00PM

Go read the fucking requirements to vote asshole, then go put a plastic bag over your head and put your ignorant racist brain to the rest that it deserves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Another Asshole ()
Date: February 07, 2014 02:02PM

Well, look at that! Another worthless ignornat racist fucktard managed to post in between.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: CC ()
Date: February 07, 2014 02:03PM

It's morons like you making false accusations of racism that make the problem even WORSE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Sane ()
Date: February 07, 2014 02:06PM

Race and racism has nothing to do wth this issue. It is most votung faud. That can (and does) happen with people of all races and colors.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: yes sir ()
Date: February 07, 2014 02:08PM

Sane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Race and racism has nothing to do wth this issue.
> It is most votung faud. That can (and does) happen
> with people of all races and colors.


Would you say it is fraudulanet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: CC ()
Date: February 07, 2014 02:09PM

If everyone in the state voted HONESTLY, Northern Virginia would still be more heavily Democratic than in the other parts of the state, but more of a purplish-blue than the solid blue it is now, especially in Arlingon and Alexandria.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: February 07, 2014 02:25PM

CC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The above post is right on. Republicans are NOT
> losing because of extremist positions (in fact,
> most of their positions, even with Cuchinelli, by
> historical standards, are NOT extremist). But the
> party faces a very hostile media that tries to
> make them LOOK extremist, and, of course, as the
> above poster noted, a never-ending influx of
> illegals and fraudulent voters that have redically
> skewed the polls, especially in Northern Virginia,
> in favor of Democrats.


There is zero evidence of any significant vote fraud anywhere in the nation yet alone in Virginia. Vote fraud is virtually non existent non only in the Virginia but the entire United States as a whole.

There are less than 10 instances of vote fraud that occur nationwide in a presidential election over 100 million voters.

And a majority of those instances are actually instances of absentee voting and not in person voting. So it doesn't exist.

So please stop lying. It only fortifies the assessment that Republicans are liars, cheaters and thieves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Bigger Asshole Than I Thought ()
Date: February 07, 2014 02:30PM

Sane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Race and racism has nothing to do wth this issue.
> It is most votung faud. That can (and does) happen
> with people of all races and colors.

No, it doesn't you worthless ignorant dumbfuck. Voter fraud is extremely rare and when it does occur, it is typically committed by political hacks serving as election workers, not by individual voters. This whole non-issue is a gigantic fraud cooked up by worthless lying asshole Republicans as they desperately try to prevent citizens with every right to vote from actuallty doing so because they are part of demographics that tend to vote for Democrats. Only totally wasted fucktards and asshats fall for this line of total bullshit, but you seem to have gone for it lock, stock, and barrel. I wonder fucking why.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Me too ()
Date: February 07, 2014 02:43PM

Go back to wherever you came from.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: February 07, 2014 02:43PM

He's just talking in code. He can bring himself to acknowledge minorities whom are American citizens with a right to vote. He would rather call it vote fraud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: History not your forte ()
Date: February 07, 2014 03:23PM

Virginia has been a strongly Democrat/Big Government Commonwealth since the Civil War. 32 - 8 (IIRC) Dem>Rep in the Governor's mansion since 1860.

It's really that simple.

(and before G2 stupidly comments "Reagan era" or some bullshit, note the fact that VA has elected as many Republican governors prior to 1980 as post...)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: FBG2 is stupid again... ()
Date: February 07, 2014 03:24PM

"There is zero evidence of any significant vote fraud anywhere in the nation "

Is that before or after your latest "BOOOOSHSTOLETHEWHITEHOUSEFROMGOREIN2000" rants?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Saner ()
Date: February 07, 2014 03:50PM

Sane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm surprised no one has mentioned the obvious.
> Virginia did not trend Democrat until the huge
> numbers of aliens (both legal and illegal) flooded
> the state and decided they didn't want to vote
> Republican. There is nothing wrong, of course,
> with people who are here legally (or are American
> citizens)registering and voting......but too many
> illegals and other types of fraud (registering
> dead people, pets, etc....) are now on the voting
> rolls with fake IDs. And, not surprisingly, most
> of them vote Democrat....because it's the
> Democrats that mostly signed them up.

HAHAHAHAHA! You're an idiot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Moe Hammad ()
Date: February 07, 2014 04:07PM

You may as well ask which Muslims God loves best, Sunni or Shiite.

The sooner we realize that neither political party has our best interests in mind the better. Both just secure power and money for their kin.

Stop arguing over whether the blue or red deck chairs were better on the Titanic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: tomayto, tomahto? ()
Date: February 07, 2014 05:38PM

What's the difference?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: February 07, 2014 08:28PM

History not your forte Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Virginia has been a strongly Democrat/Big
> Government Commonwealth since the Civil War. 32 -
> 8 (IIRC) Dem>Rep in the Governor's mansion since
> 1860.


You really have no frigging idea what you are talking about. Democrats in Virginia not too long ago were largely anti-Big Government. Harry Byrd was the one who pushed the "Pay as you go" philosophy that kept government size down and state government debt to minimal levels. That was also true of tax and spend Fairfax County. It was with the arrival of large numbers of northerners, Liberal Democrats and Pro-development Pro-business Republicans alike, that the philosophy shifted to more expansive government.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Virginian ()
Date: February 07, 2014 08:37PM

Virginia has and will always be a small government, fiscally conservative state. Even if it shifts blue it will pick very moderate dems.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Tiny part of Va. ()
Date: February 07, 2014 09:09PM

Voted for McFuckhead,Hold the line conservatives,real Democracts feel bad,just lead the way,they will follow the strong horse,Trust me,they want to follow,I believe in history,and common sense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: ?????? ()
Date: February 07, 2014 09:55PM

"Democrats in Virginia not too long ago were largely anti-Big Government"

Hmmm. So constructing an entire government (key word there, Bunky) program w/a number of statues to keep a racist state in place is "anti Big Government"*.

Sure it is.

*Stanley Plan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: February 08, 2014 01:06AM

Do you know the difference between "largely" and "purely". Even the Republican party of Virginia today, despite its supposed commitment to anti-big governmentism has on occasion advocated policies authorizing greater government intrusion.

Stanley Plan. Do you really want to go there? First, opposition in Virginia to desegregation in the aftermath of Brown wasn't limited to Democrats. Virginia had two Republicans in Congress both of whom supported the Southern Manifesto. One was Joel Broyhill from Northern Virginia's 10th District. Others supported state efforts to frustrate the Brown ruling. Second, while the role of Federal Courts in undermining the Stanley plan is fairly well known, the similar role played by Virginia courts, packed with Democratic appointees, is not. Third, Democrats on the local level also played a role in undermining the Stanley plan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Sane ()
Date: February 16, 2014 04:43PM

Anyone who has to resort to using four-letter words like you do to try and make worthless arguments shows a complete lack of education and worse, an inability to actually think. . Go back to school and LEARN something.......THEN you can actually argue with someone of intelligence. Instead, all you do is make yourself look and sound like a fool.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: MR. Right ()
Date: February 16, 2014 07:51PM

Neither. There are no longer 2 parties. The entire US is owned and run by the NWO elites!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: cletis ()
Date: February 16, 2014 08:51PM

CC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The above post is right on. Republicans are NOT
> losing because of extremist positions (in fact,
> most of their positions, even with Cuchinelli, by
> historical standards, are NOT extremist). But the
> party faces a very hostile media that tries to
> make them LOOK extremist, and, of course, as the above poster noted, a never-ending influx of
> illegals and fraudulent voters that have redically
> skewed the polls, especially in Northern Virginia,
> in favor of Democrats.

um, in the Commonwealth of Virginia, 55% of those with post graduate studies or post graduate degrees voted Democratic in 2012. If Virginia is to get back to Blue, they need to stop being the party of the stupid. Putting Marsha Blackburn up to debate climate science will further alienate the educated electorate, guys, and Virginia seems to be attracting more of those smart people every day.

And, its "radically,"and "Cuccinelli."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: cletis ()
Date: February 16, 2014 08:53PM

I meant "back to "red."
"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Pesky Details ()
Date: February 16, 2014 09:18PM

cletis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> um, in the Commonwealth of Virginia, 55% of those
> with post graduate studies or post graduate
> degrees voted Democratic in 2012. If Virginia is
> to get back to Blue, they need to stop being the
> party of the stupid. Putting Marsha Blackburn up
> to debate climate science will further alienate
> the educated electorate, guys, and Virginia seems
> to be attracting more of those smart people every
> day.
>
> And, its "radically,"and "Cuccinelli."


You forget the other sides and details of that same equation...

The vast majority (+65%) of voters without a high school diploma and/or high school only tend to vote Democratic. And they greatly out number those with post graduate education. So actually there's quite a bit more 'stupid' on that side.

The majority of those with some college and/or a college degree tend to vote more Republican. And the number and margin of difference among post-grads is much smaller.

So, on average, the 'smarter' vote tends to somewhat favor the Republican side.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Bullshit! ()
Date: February 16, 2014 11:47PM

^ Prove it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Pesky Details ()
Date: February 17, 2014 12:52AM

Bullshit! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^ Prove it.


It varies some by year/election, but the same basic pattern holds across most.


2008
2008-presidential-education.jpg
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#USP00p1


2010 Mid-Term
2010-midterm-education.jpg
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2010/results/polls/#val=USH00p1


2012
voter-support-for-barack-obama-and-mitt-

EDUCATION %/D/R

Some HS 3/64/35
HS graduate 21/51/48
Some college 29/49/48
College graduate 29/47/51
Postgraduate study 18/55/42

http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/elections/how_groups_voted/voted_12.html

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/results/race/president#exit-polls

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: XD ()
Date: February 18, 2014 01:38PM

Congratulations. Democrats lead among those that drop out of school and those that stay in college because their worthless bachelors degrees in transgender perspectives on Marxist environmental poetry left them unemployed, forcing them to go back for real degrees.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: aryaarmdn ()
Date: November 20, 2021 02:41AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does VA belong to democrats or repubds??
Posted by: Virginia Was .. ()
Date: November 20, 2021 10:52PM

The leading state in the USA for good common sense, Virginians were the most reasonable people in this country the land where the US Constitution and Declaration of independence was written , the land of major founders of this nation

That all changed when Loudoun Co and Prince William fell to the developers ax and now look at the state as its fell into a despairing sewer of unreason under tyrannical leftist Democrat control

Liberalism is a sore scourge upon this nation

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **         *******   ********  **      **   *******  
 **        **     **  **        **  **  **  **     ** 
 **        **         **        **  **  **  **     ** 
 **        ********   ******    **  **  **   ******** 
 **        **     **  **        **  **  **         ** 
 **        **     **  **        **  **  **  **     ** 
 ********   *******   ********   ***  ***    *******  
This forum powered by Phorum.