HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Two dead in crash on I-95 near Quantico (2/6)
Posted by: Sprawl and Crawl ()
Date: February 06, 2014 04:01PM

Two dead in crash on I-95 near Quantico
http://www.insidenova.com/news/local/northernva/updated-two-dead-in-crash-on-i--near-quantico/article_cbca3226-8f42-11e3-9167-0019bb2963f4.html

Update, 1:40 p.m. - State police have all but the left lane and left shoulder open after this morning's fatal accident near the Triangle exit. Traffic backups were about 10 miles.

--------------------

State police say two people have been killed in a crash between a tractor-trailer and a car on northbound Interstate 95 at the 150 mile marker near the Triangle/Quantico exit.

All northbound lanes are shut down and traffic is being detoured to U.S. 1 via State Route 619.

According to Prince William fire and rescue, rescue crews arrived to find a vehicle "crushed between a rollback [truck] and against the guardrail."

Expect significant delays.
Attachments:
52f3b0ba82d40_image.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Updated: 2 Killed on I-95 After Driver Loses Control of Ford Focus - See more at: http://potomaclocal.com/2014/02/06/reports-2-killed-95-triangle/#sthash.BXq4IvIF.dpuf
Posted by: More info ()
Date: February 11, 2014 09:06AM

Updated: 2 Killed on I-95 After Driver Loses Control of Ford Focus - See more at: http://potomaclocal.com/2014/02/06/reports-2-killed-95-triangle/#sthash.BXq4IvIF.dpuf

Update

The driver and passenger traveling inside a Ford Focus on I-95 in Triangle Thursday morning died when the driver lost control of the car.

The focus was traveling in the far left lane of the northbound portion of the highway when the drive lost control. The car was then struck by a flatbed truck traveling in the center lane.

The two vehicles struck another car and then slammed into a jersey wall.

Here’s the full report more from Virginia State Police:

Virginia State Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a tractor-trailer and a passenger vehicle. At approximately 9:48 a.m., Virginia State Police Trooper C.A. Snyder responded to the crash Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014, in the northbound lanes of Interstate 95 at Exit 150 (Triangle) in Prince William County.

A Ford Focus was traveling in the far left northbound lane when it lost control. The vehicle was struck by a flatbed tractor-trailer traveling in the center lane. When the vehicle and truck collided, the impact caused both to travel towards the left shoulder of the road striking a Honda Accord, also traveling in the far left lane. The Ford Focus and the truck continued onto the left shoulder of the road – striking a jersey wall and traveling approximately 150 feet where both came to rest against a guardrail.

The driver and passenger of the Ford Focus died at the scene. Both were wearing a seatbelt.

The driver of the truck and the driver of the Honda Accord were not injured. Both were wearing their seatbelts.

Northbound lanes were closed and traffic was redirected to Route 1 at Exit for Route 619. All lanes of northbound traffic were re-opened at approximately 12:42 p.m.

The Virginia State Police Motor Carrier Team and Accident Reconstruction Team are assisting Trooper Snyder with the crash investigation.

The names of the victims was not released.
Attachments:
020614-crash-2.jpg
020614-crash-640x300.jpg

Re: Two dead in crash on I-95 near Quantico (2/6)
Posted by: fisty2.0 ()
Date: February 11, 2014 02:58PM

Dont fist and drive.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.