HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Where is there a good place to find an "All You Can Eat Buffet" in Northern Virginia?
Posted by: Bottomless Pit ()
Date: April 03, 2012 02:00PM

Any suggestions, other than Golden Coral in Manassas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where is there a good place to find an "All You Can Eat Buffet" in Northern Virginia?
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: April 03, 2012 02:10PM

Re: Where is there a good place to find an "All You Can Eat Buffet" in Northern Virginia?
Posted by: ordog ()
Date: April 03, 2012 02:11PM

Old Country Buffet

Posted by: Dining Out ()
Date: April 03, 2012 02:13PM

Go to the Y.

Posted by: BigK ()
Date: April 03, 2012 02:21PM

I went to the Hibachi Buffet & Grill in Chantilly last week for the first time. Not bad at all. Not real cheap but huge selection. Over 200 items.

Posted by: pig farmer ()
Date: April 03, 2012 03:45PM

Just follow the fat people. I remember that place in Annandale that had a buffet. You had to pay and go through a turnstile. They had to remove the turnstile because the really fat people kept getting stuck.
Attachments:
overweight-eating-md.jpg

Posted by: VA DMV Code Writer ()
Date: April 03, 2012 03:47PM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fogo De Chao
>
> http://www.fogodechao.com/

Holy fuck! JBass with something constructive to contribute? Are you feeling ok?

Posted by: sweaty thighs ()
Date: April 03, 2012 03:50PM

I guess if fat people want to keep eating everything they see that is their right. I do not like that they are rewarded with an up close handicapped space for being a pig. If anything they should have to park further away and walk some of the blubber off.

Posted by: biker ()
Date: April 03, 2012 03:57PM

Peter Pan Buffert Fairfax Circle - lots of Asian Tour busses (he he)

Todai - Fair Oaks Mall

Posted by: saltmine ()
Date: April 03, 2012 04:01PM

They're not too popular in Fairfax for whatever reason but Manassas has 3:

Hibachi Buffet, also now in Chantilly near Game Parlor as noted above
Golden Corral
Great American Buffet

All 3 are right off 66/234 in Manassas, and now that I check Great American Buffet's website it seems they have locations in Alexandra and Falls Church too:

5902 Richmond Hwy.
Alexandria, VA 22303
(703) 329-1555

8365 Sudley Road
Manassas, VA 20109
(703) 369-6791

3490 South Jefferson
Falls Church, VA 22041
(703) 379-0108

Posted by: Bottomless Pit ()
Date: April 03, 2012 07:05PM

Thanks, many of these I have never heard of before.
Attachments:
thanks50.gif

Posted by: lola ()
Date: February 12, 2013 11:11PM

Go to Paradiso (Franconia Road)... they have a $10 lunch buffet daily... and a Sunday Brunch w/ unlimited mimosas, champagne or OJ for $22. Pasta station is made to order as you like it.

Sushi Naru in Old Town Alexandria, VA for sushi... pretty good quality for buffet sushi... other options such as gyoza, miso soup, and salad.

Blue Pearl Chinese Place on Commerce street also has a buffet for lunch and for dinner. I'm not sure of the prices. I wasn't a fan of this place when I went, but you can order stir fry as you like or soup.

Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: February 13, 2013 12:05AM

If you're willing to go into Sterling, there's a place called King's Buffet near Wegmans. Also, there's Chang's Chinese Restaurant, which has an unlimited buffet most days of the week.

Posted by: Blowtorch ()
Date: February 13, 2013 12:14AM

Being a fat cheapskate is no way to go thru life son

Posted by: jim143 ()
Date: February 13, 2013 06:11AM

Unless you enjoy the runs, at least go here first before you decide on a place.

http://www.healthspace.com/Clients/VDH/Fairfax/Fairfax_Website.nsf

Posted by: katiesmith ()
Date: February 13, 2013 08:26AM

Yes I too find it annoying that people are now claiming that being fat is a disability.

sweaty thighs Wrote:
> I guess if fat people want to keep eating
> everything they see that is their right. I do not
> like that they are rewarded with an up close
> handicapped space for being a pig. If anything
> they should have to park further away and walk
> some of the blubber off.

Date: February 13, 2013 08:33AM

I don't get it. I see people like this often at buffet's on the rare occasion I go (which is almost always social). Some of these people are so fat they can't even walk well. Worse the kids are already fat too. Watching these people makes me loose my appetite.

pig farmer Wrote:
> Just follow the fat people. I remember that place
> in Annandale that had a buffet. You had to pay and
> go through a turnstile. They had to remove the
> turnstile because the really fat people kept
> getting stuck.

Date: February 13, 2013 08:39AM

PS Kohinoor Dhaba has a nice small buffet which is located in Crystal City in Arlington (although it sounds like you are on the other side of Northern Virginia). It isn't what I would call a stuff your place type buffet more of a sample a little of this or that and most of the food is relatively healthy compared to other buffets and also about half of it is vegetarian. It's the one buffet I can actually say I like that I can think of in this area. Unfortunately only in America are buffets about gluttony so often and stuffing your face rather than sampling or having selection. In France they have buffets and the French don't stuff their faces with food.

Posted by: bobafeet ()
Date: February 13, 2013 09:03AM

what about that Hibachi grill buffet in chantilly, as the worst of the worst go there. When I go to play dungeons and dragons at the Lame Parlor, I see the disgusting fattys limp out of their cars and shuffle up to the grill buffet.

They are drooling like mastiffs before they get to the entrance door, which needs to be made into one of those automatic doors, the lards have a hard time opening it.

Posted by: butthead ()
Date: February 13, 2013 11:11PM

every indian place in town.

Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: February 13, 2013 11:17PM

katiesmith Wrote:
> Yes I too find it annoying that people are now
> claiming that being fat is a disability.

If being a lardass is a disability, 66% of Americans are disabled.

Posted by: Minter ()
Date: February 14, 2013 12:13AM

Brion's Grille at University Mall has a great Sunday brunch buffet and they have a lunch buffet every weekday. It's the best buffet I have found in Northern Virginia.

Posted by: dieing breed ()
Date: February 14, 2013 12:32AM

20/20 did tests on the serving utensils at 8 all you can eat buffets.

Lab results revealed fecal matter on every serving utensil in all 8 places.

Chances are, with all the immigration since those tests 15 years ago, the problem is much worse now.

Many of the cultures that immigrate here are well known for not washing their hands after going&wiping, then handling food and cooking for the general public at their restaurants.

Some middle easterners wipe with one hand(no tp) so they can eat with the other.

Posted by: BackInTheDay.. ()
Date: February 14, 2013 05:26AM

This was the best place for ayce.
Attachments:
Chesapeake Bay 009-crop.jpg

Posted by: Eat here ()
Date: February 14, 2013 06:22AM

Minter Wrote:
> Brion's Grille at University Mall has a great
> Sunday brunch buffet and they have a lunch buffet
> every weekday. It's the best buffet I have found
> in Northern Virginia.

This is the one that I was going to suggest.

They also have a regular menu for those that would prefer to order their entree.

Posted by: Double truth Ruth ()
Date: February 14, 2013 07:03AM

sweaty thighs Wrote:
> I guess if fat people want to keep eating
> everything they see that is their right. I do not
> like that they are rewarded with an up close
> handicapped space for being a pig. If anything
> they should have to park further away and walk
> some of the blubber off.

Ain't that the truth Ruth

Posted by: Burke Brat ()
Date: February 14, 2013 12:15PM

Kings Buffet in Kingstown. Sunday is Crab Legs... but mix of Chinese and Seafood.

Posted by: Old Man Wegman ()
Date: February 14, 2013 12:28PM

Why don't you just go to Wegmans during lunch hour and pretend it's a buffet? Just keep going back for "seconds" and see what happens. If anyone confronts you, just tell them you didn't know it wasn't a buffett. Even easier if you are Asian and can pretend to not speak English.

Posted by: Likes to eat ()
Date: February 16, 2013 12:03PM

Kings Buffet in Kingstowne is awful. The one time I went there I picked up food. It was the worst. I can't believe the buffet would be any better. The buffet price is reasonable, but food is unappetizing. The clientele did not look upscale either.

Posted by: L6vGH ()
Date: February 16, 2013 12:37PM

There's a good one in Herndon at the K-Mart center --- Royal Buffet.

Just be sure to go during busy hours or the food will not be fresh. I am sure that's the same at any buffet-type place.

There's a sushi all u can eat place near the Outback -- can't recall the name, but it's (or was if it's gone) good.

Posted by: Comfort Food ()
Date: February 18, 2013 09:24AM

BigK Wrote:
> I went to the Hibachi Buffet & Grill in Chantilly
> last week for the first time. Not bad at all. Not
> real cheap but huge selection. Over 200 items.

I went to Hibachi Grill last night to celebrate ma-in-law's 80th birthday with her extended family.

I now know why my wife, who has been there a few times with acquaintances/colleagues, never had ME go there with her.

I could rant and rave about the various food items that were WAY beyond oily/greasy (like, say, the "lobster balls" that tasted/felt-to-the-mouth like cooked-in-not-hot-enough oil breaded mayo and pretty much nothing else) or the surprisingly tasteless sushi (it's hard to get sushi to have no taste - really, it is. Yet this had no taste...). And to top it off, there was the "vanilla ice cream" that apparently had been thawed and refrozen...or something...so there was a quarter inch of something yellowish and crusty on top (albeit VERY flavorful!) with something else down further below in the cup that I actually didn't venture into too much before saying "No, I don't think so...").

There was ONE selection - maybe it was Korean Beef? - that was very very good.

But literally everything else I tried (granted, not everything available) truly was a disappointment.

Anyway, at a price exceeding $20/person and the resulting disappointment I personally will not be going back; the ambiance was fine, the service was fine, but I still greatly prefer the food and serving method of Peter Pan Buffet (that has been discussed elsewhere - at Peter Pan there aren't really "lines", at Hibachi Grill there is essentially one line down an aisle of food selections so by the time you get to the end what you got at the beginning can have cooled remarkably) with its much more reasonable pricing as well.

=======

Ma-in-law, however, loved it; among other items she had the "cook it for you" thingee to her preference and was wowed by it. Since she was the Birthday Girl, the night was a win anyway.

Posted by: tt boy ()
Date: February 18, 2013 07:15PM

your moms house

Posted by: ripley ()
Date: February 18, 2013 07:23PM

Likes to eat Wrote:
> Kings Buffet in Kingstowne is awful. The one time
> I went there I picked up food. It was the worst. I
> can't believe the buffet would be any better. The
> buffet price is reasonable, but food is
> unappetizing. The clientele did not look upscale
> either.

Instant shits both times I ate there.The amount of super fat fucks at this dump is amazing. A table for four can only seat two they are so big. Reminds me one time I ate at a place in Springfield. One guy was so fat he used two chairs to sit on, once for each ass cheek. I watched as he waddled outside and got in his car in the handicapped space. Typical use of a HP space these days. Havent seen anyone use it that seems to need it just fat fucks getting closer to the food source.

Posted by: Purpleyams ()
Date: February 18, 2013 07:29PM

try todai at fairoaks mall

Posted by: Robin Van Persie ()
Date: February 18, 2013 08:45PM

Indian lunch buffet @ Aditi (Kingstowne) is very good. Good amount of choices. Not too expensive.
Bangkok Golden lunch buffet (Falls Church) is decent.

As far as Korean buffets, can't go wrong with either Il Mee or Hee Been. Little bit pricy, but definitely tasty.

Chinese buffets: Blue Pearl (Springfield), Green Olive (route 1), Hokkaido (Falls Church) are okay. I'm not too picky though.

Posted by: korean buffets ()
Date: February 20, 2013 04:15AM

long ago i had access to them in california. now i live here.

Posted by: booya ()
Date: February 20, 2013 06:28AM

saltmine Wrote:
> They're not too popular in Fairfax for whatever
> reason but Manassas has 3:
>
> Hibachi Buffet, also now in Chantilly near Game
> Parlor as noted above
> Golden
> Corral

> href="http://www.greatamericanbuffet.com/">Great
> American Buffet

>
> All 3 are right off 66/234 in Manassas, and now
> that I check Great American Buffet's website it
> seems they have locations in Alexandra and Falls
> Church too:
>
> 5902 Richmond Hwy.
> Alexandria, VA 22303
> (703) 329-1555
>
> 8365 Sudley Road
> Manassas, VA 20109
> (703) 369-6791
>
> 3490 South Jefferson
> Falls Church, VA 22041
> (703) 379-0108

Not true. Fairfax has several:

Jaipur Royal Indian Cuisine
9401 Lee Hwy
Fairfax, VA 22031
(703) 766-1111

Todai
11750 Fair Oaks Mall, Ste 135
Fairfax, VA 22033
(703) 273-0120

Yen Cheng Restaurant
9992 Main St
Fairfax, VA 22031
(703) 591-0525

Old Country Buffet
9650 Main St
Fairfax, VA 22031
(703) 764-0708

Peter Pan Buffet
9518 Arlington Blvd
Fairfax, VA 22031
(703) 934-9600

Saravana Palace
11725 Lee Hwy
Fairfax, VA 22030
(703) 218-4182

Southside Dining Hall At GMU - Haha

Chima Brazilian Steakhouse
8010 Towers Crescent Dr
Tyson's Corner, VA 22182
(703) 639-3080

Hokkaido Seafood Buffet
5900 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041
(703) 845-0888

Il Mee Buffet Restaurant
7031 Little River Tpke
Annandale, VA 22003
(703) 642-2100

Ngoc Anh Restaurant
6795 Wilson Blvd
Falls Church, VA 22044
(703) 237-5712

Well-Being Japanese Buffet
7133 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003
(703) 750-9411

Harvest Moon Restaurant & Lounge
7260 Arlington Blvd
Falls Church, VA 22042
(703) 573-6000

Jinjusung Korean B.B.Q & Chinese Cuisine
7133 Columbia Pk
Annandale, VA 22003
(703) 750-9411

Magill's Famous Pizza & Buffet
7201 Little River Tpke
Annandale, VA 22003
(703) 750-0210

Bangkok Golden
6395 Seven Corners Ctr
Falls Church, VA 22044
(703) 533-9480

Raaga Restaurant
5872 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041
(703) 998-7000

Haandi Indian Restaurant
1222 W Broad St
Falls Church, VA 22046
(703) 533-3501

San Miguel Cafe
5900 B Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041
(703) 933-0688

Al Jazeera
3813D S George Mason Dr
Falls Church, VA 22216
(703) 379-2733

CiCi's Pizza Buffet
3520 S Jefferson St
Falls Church, VA 22041
(703) 845-4900

Great American Steak & Buffet
3490 S Jefferson St
Falls Church, VA 22041
(703) 379-0108

Mirage
5916 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041
(703) 845-1600

Uncle Liu's Hot Pot
2972 Gallows Rd
Falls Church, VA 22042
(703) 560-6868

Skyline Cafe
5113 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041
(703) 845-8585

BlueFire Grille
7801 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22043
(703) 893-1340

The Italian Cafe
7161 Lee Highway
Falls Church, VA 22046
(703) 241-1829

Kabob Express
6280 Arlington Blvd
Falls Church, VA 22044
(703) 533-7387

Blanca's
418 S Washington St
Falls Church, VA 22046
(703) 538-2466

Zaaki Restaurant and Cafe
6020 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041
(703) 379-2254

Mount of Lebanon
2922 Annandale Rd
Falls Church, VA 22042
(703) 241-2012

Halalco Supermarket
155 Hillwood Ave
Falls Church, VA 22046
(703) 532-320

Joe's Place Pizza & Pasta
435 MAPLE AVENUE WEST
VIENNA, VA
703-281-1111

Bombay Tandoor Restaurant
8603 Westwood Center Dr
Vienna, VA 22182
(703) 734-2202

I-Thai Restaurant & Bar
8607 Westwood Center Dr
Vienna, VA 22182
(703) 992-7923

Turmeric Indian Dining
405 Maple Ave E
Vienna, VA 22180
(703) 938-010

Diya Restaurant
2070 Chain Bridge Rd
Vienna, VA 22182
(703) 970-7500

You get the idea. There are a lot...

Posted by: Cecille ()
Date: July 02, 2013 09:24AM

First of All before starting my comments I would like everyone to know that I'm not fat nor skinny.i have comments to all those people making comments about fat people.Did you know that people making bad comments about other people are barbarian,ignorant,jealous,and not happy with what they have.If you can't say something nice to other people don't nothing at all.those fat people you're calling may have better life than you ALL MISERABLE

Posted by: Black Forest ()
Date: July 02, 2013 09:31AM

I agree with you Cecille,those people have issues and are not happy with their lives,they can't have or don't have attention they wanted to have and they are miserable.They have nothing to do unlucky,and that's why they want other people to be miserable too like them.

Posted by: Costco ()
Date: July 02, 2013 10:22AM

Costco (dont go armed)

Posted by: LetTheFattiesEat ()
Date: July 02, 2013 11:36AM

Kilroys in Annandale has a sunday brunch $16/adult $6/child. They just added a Bloody Marry Bar. Check it out, it's killer.

Posted by: KFC? ()
Date: July 02, 2013 01:53PM

Are there any Kentucky Fried Chickens in the area (or anywhere else for that matter) that still offer the Colonel's Buffet? Now, that was a hell of a deal back in college.

Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: July 02, 2013 02:13PM

KFC? Wrote:
> Are there any Kentucky Fried Chickens in the area
> (or anywhere else for that matter) that still
> offer the Colonel's Buffet? Now, that was a hell
> of a deal back in college.

Apparently so:

Generic search (no time specified so some historical): http://www.google.com/search?q=kfc+Colonel's+Buffet

and the corporate guidelines on having one in YOUR KFC!:

http://downloads.jrninc.com/standards/pdf/Buffet%20Operations%20Guide/Operating%20Procedures/OperatingBuffetSLProcedure.pdf

Posted by: Christina Parkston ()
Date: September 05, 2015 05:25PM

you are a mean son of a bitch!

Posted by: Grand ()
Date: September 05, 2015 06:41PM

I like grand Buffet in Herndon . It's chinese

Posted by: Chef Gordon ()
Date: September 05, 2015 09:48PM

Souplantation is worth the trip. Best soup, pizza, pasta, salad "all you can eat" buffet ever created. Locations only a 4-5 hour flight from Dulles.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.