HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
VA State Police Investigating Disappearance of Reserve Officer, Kevin Wayne Quick. May be in Northern VA
Posted by: The Neighborhood Watch! ()
Date: February 03, 2014 09:05AM

Virginia State Police Investigating Disappearance of Reserve Officer
Missing since Friday, law enforcement has received information that the Nelson County, Va. man may possibly be in Northern Virginia.
http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/virginia-state-police-investigating-disappearance-of-reserve-officer-fairfaxcity

Virginia State Police on Sunday say they are helping with the investigation into the disappearance of a reserve police officer, missing since Friday from Waynesboro. They say he might be in Northern Virginia and are asking for the public's assistance in locating the man.

The 45-year-old Nelson County man has not been heard from since approximately 10:15 p.m. Friday night.

Kevin Wayne Quick left his mother’s residence Friday night in Afton to head to a friend’s home at Turtle Creek Apartments in Albemarle County, approximately 20 miles away, but did not arrive.

His family reported him missing to the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office at 6 p.m. Saturday; the sheriff's office entered him into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). Quick is a Captain in the Waynesboro Police Department’s Police Reserve Unit. He has been a member of the unit since 1990.

Quick was last seen driving a silver 1999 Toyota 4 Runner with Virginia license plates: 614 068. The license plates have the seal of the Commonwealth in the middle. He is described as:

· White male

· 6’1”

· 200 lbs.

· Brown hair

· Hazel eyes

· Medium build

· Has a scar above his left eye

· Wears contacts or eyeglasses

Local and state officers spent Saturday night and Sunday morning searching the areas of the residences in Afton and Albemarle County. Extensive ground and air searches have been conducted. During the course of the ongoing investigation, law enforcement has received information that he may possibly be in Northern Virginia.

The Virginia State Police are leading the investigation into Quick’s disappearance. The Nelson County Sheriff’s Office, Albemarle County Police Department, Charlottesville Police Department and the Waynesboro Police Department are assisting.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Virginia State Police at #77 on a cell phone or at (434) 352-7128, or any one of the assisting agencies.

Virginia State Police are investigating the disappearance of Kevin Wayne Quick. Quick was last seen driving a silver 1999 Toyota 4 Runner.
Attachments:
419866fca70af6aa8cf4ff7e32be8493.png
515310f433132d38871c7a32ac4de354.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VA State Police Investigating Disappearance of Reserve Officer, Kevin Wayne Quick. May be in Northern VA
Posted by: uTMdP ()
Date: February 03, 2014 10:00AM

Now wait a minute.If my cousin dissapears,the cops will say that he is free,white and over 21 so we will just have to wait for him to turn up.How come they are searching for this guy?Becuase he is a pig?Thats not fair.

Re: VA State Police Investigating Disappearance of Reserve Officer, Kevin Wayne Quick. May be in Northern VA
Posted by: What Are They Hiding? ()
Date: February 03, 2014 10:07AM

uTMdP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now wait a minute.If my cousin dissapears,the cops
> will say that he is free,white and over 21 so we
> will just have to wait for him to turn up.How come
> they are searching for this guy?Becuase he is a
> pig?Thats not fair.

There's something more to this story that they're not telling us.

UPDATED: Missing police reservist's truck seen in Manassas
Posted by: Not looking good ()
Date: February 03, 2014 12:39PM

UPDATED: Missing police reservist's truck seen in Manassas
http://www.insidenova.com/news/crime_police/updated-missing-police-reservist-s-truck-seen-in-manassas/article_4c0bf742-8c52-11e3-a573-001a4bcf887a.html

Authorities now say they believe a missing police reservist from the Waynesboro area met with foul play and they are "gravely concerned" for his safety.

Kevin Wayne Quick, 45, left his mother’s home in Afton near Charlottesville on Jan. 31 to head to a friend’s house in Albemarle County about 20 miles away. He never arrived.

He was last seen about 10:15 p.m. Friday. His family reported him missing at 6 p.m. on Saturday.

State police say they have obtained photographs "featuring two unidentified adult males who investigators believe may have information regarding Quick's disappearance."

Quick's silver 1999 Toyota 4Runner also appears in the photographs, placing the vehicle in Fork Union on Friday, Jan. 31 and in the Manassas area on Saturday, state police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said.

Quick is a captain in the Waynesboro Police Department’s reserve unit and has been a member since 1990.

The 4Runner has Virginia license plates 614 068, with a seal of the commonwealth in the middle. Quick is white, about 6 feet 1 inch and 200 pounds with brown hair, hazel eyes and a medium build. He has a scar above his left eye and wears contacts or glasses.

Police spent Saturday night and Sunday morning searching the area’s around his mother’s house and near his friend’s house in Albemarle County.

“Extensive ground and air searches have been conducted,” state police said in a news release.

Anyone with information is asked to call state police at #77 on a cell phone or at 434-352-7128.

Surveillance video image of unidentified male in Quick disappearance investigation.
Attachments:
52ef01c915aa1_preview-300.jpg
52ef01ef53863_preview-300.jpg

Posted by: bobafeet ()
Date: February 03, 2014 12:41PM

ATM camera I would bet

Date: February 03, 2014 12:45PM

uTMdP Wrote:
> pig?Thats not fair.

if your cousin's atm card was used by the dude in the photo, I bet an active investigation would start, just as it did in this case

Posted by: P4hdd ()
Date: February 03, 2014 03:35PM

Hope this trooper is okay, things are not looking good.

Posted by: so why lie ()
Date: February 03, 2014 03:59PM

Why did they say he was in NoVA if they found his truck down in Manassas?

Posted by: thisisajokeright ()
Date: February 03, 2014 04:03PM

so why lie Wrote:
> Why did they say he was in NoVA if they found his
> truck down in Manassas?

Because Manassas *is* in Northern Virginia?

Kevin Wayne Quick: Waynesboro police reserve captain missing
Posted by: Reward posted ()
Date: February 04, 2014 09:12AM

Kevin Wayne Quick: Waynesboro police reserve captain missing

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/02/kevin-wayne-quick-waynesboro-police-reserve-captain-missing-99843.html#ixzz2sMXZ2XXZ
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

WAYNESBORO, Va. (AP) - Virginia state police say a vehicle has been recovered belonging to a missing man who is a captain with the Waynesboro Police Department's Police Reserve Unit.

State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller says a homeowner found the 1999 sport-utility vehicle in Mineral on Monday, two days after Kevin Wayne Quick was reported missing.

Geller says state police are examining the vehicle for possible evidence.

The 45-year-old Quick left his mother's residence in Afton on Friday. He was going to a friend's home about 20 miles away in Albemarle County but he didn't arrive.

Several local businesses are offering $8,000 for information that leads to Quick's discovery.

Reward grows after investigators find missing police captain’s car
Posted by: More info ()
Date: February 04, 2014 09:14AM

Reward grows after investigators find missing police captain’s car
http://wtvr.com/2014/02/03/kevin-quick-missing/

NELSON COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – Kevin Quick’s vehicle, a silver 1999 Toyota 4Runner, was located Monday in Louisa County, Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said during a Monday afternoon press conference.

Investigators are searching the vehicle for clues. Quick, a 45-year-old Waynesboro Police Department Reserve Unit Captain, has not yet been found.

“Virginia State Police has received numerous tips and leads regarding the disappearance of Kevin Wayne Quick, 45, of Nelson County,” state police wrote in a Monday morning email. “Investigators are busy now pursuing those leads.”

State police say they’ve used every resource available to re-trace his steps since he vanished Friday night.

“They have traced every possible route,” said Corinne Geller, a spokeswoman for Virginia State Police. “We did that late Saturday night into Sunday.”

Call Virginia State Police at #77 on a cell or (434) 352-7128. (PHOTO: Va State Police)

“Photographs obtained by Virginia State Police has law enforcement gravely concerned about the safety of [Quick],” state police wrote in a Sunday email.

“During the course of the investigation, photographs have been obtained featuring two unidentified adult men who investigators believe may have information regarding Quick’s disappearance.”

Quick left his mother’s Afton home Friday night and was on his way to visit a friend 20 miles away in Albemarle County, according to police.

He never arrived. Over the weekend his Four-Runner was spotted as far away as Fork Union and Manassas. Finally, his SUV popped up in Louisa Monday, adding more twists and turns to the bizarre disappearance.

Law enforcement sources also tell CBS-6-an SUV matching the description of Quick’s vehicle, was seen fleeing the scene of a robbery and shooting at a Super Bowl party in the county Sunday night. Was it a coincidence or another element to the missing person’s mystery? Only time will tell.

“If police can’t keep themselves safe, what are we supposed to do?” said Woodson. “It makes me want to lock my doors at night. I live in the country and thought I didn’t have to. You know, it may be time to load the shotgun.”

Some Waynesboro businesses have rallied to collect a $8,000 reward in this case.

Quick is a white male, 6’1 in height and weighs approximately 200 pounds, police said.

‘He has brown hair, hazel eyes and medium build. He wears contacts or glasses and has a scar above his left eye,” state police said. “Local and state resources spent Saturday night and Sunday morning searching in the areas of the residences in Afton and Albemarle County. Extensive ground and air searches have been conducted.”

Anyone with information is asked to call Virginia State Police at #77 on a cell phone or at (434) 352-7128.
Attachments:
reserve-capt-kevin-quick-3.jpg
missing-police-4runner.jpg

Posted by: WTF!?! ()
Date: February 04, 2014 09:15AM

Could these suspect pics be of the victim??

Posted by: wondering... ()
Date: February 04, 2014 09:26AM

WTF!?! Wrote:
> Could these suspect pics be of the victim??

The pics of the suspect look like the victim to me, too. Wonder if he is trying to stage his disappearance. I kind of hope that he is because it would mean that he isn’t in any danger. Of course, if he has family, I’m not sure which would be worse — missing because of foul play or missing because they want to be?
Attachments:
reserve-capt-kevin-quick-3.jpg
ATM Photo.png

Date: February 04, 2014 09:32AM

Unless the guy in the grey is wearing a fat suit...

Posted by: Speculating Speculator. ()
Date: February 04, 2014 10:20AM

wondering... Wrote:
> WTF!?! Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Could these suspect pics be of the victim??
>
>
> The pics of the suspect look like the victim to
> me, too. Wonder if he is trying to stage his
> disappearance. I kind of hope that he is because
> it would mean that he isn’t in any danger. Of
> course, if he has family, I’m not sure which
> would be worse — missing because of foul play or
> missing because they want to be?

The suspect in the picture is a lot fatter than the 6'1" 200 pound quick.

Likely Quick came upon the men somewhere on the road between Afton (A) and Charlottesville (B) (probably along the Rockfish Turnpike) and they killed him and stole his SUV.

Going through his wallet, they found his ATM card and something that made them think they could use it (a surprising number of people do things like write their PIN number on the little paper envelope that some ATM cards come in), so they went to the BB&T bank in Fork Union.(C)

Either for drugs or to sell his credit cards for drugs, one of the two then traveled to Manassas.(D)

It's possible that the man then drove down to Louisa County, where the same man robbed the Super Bowl party http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2014/02/03/man-shot-in-the-buttocks-others-assaulted-during-super-bowl-party-attack-police-say/ before ditching Quick's 4Runner.(E) He was then picked up by his buddy and driven back to Charlottesville.

My thinking is that Quick was likely dumped roughly around the Crozet Wastewater Pump Station #4, located near the Lickinghole Creek at 4466 Rockfish Gap Turnpike outside of Charlottesville, and that the bullet they dig out of Quick will match the one found in the Louisa guy's butt.

Of course, this is all idle speculation, and most likely wrong.
Attachments:
Map.png
Map2.png

Posted by: Hollywood Script Agent ()
Date: February 04, 2014 10:55AM

Of course, this is all idle speculation, and most likely wrong

It might ultimately be wrong, but it's a damn good story...

Posted by: CXvwK ()
Date: February 04, 2014 11:14AM

Hollywood Script Agent Wrote:
> Of course, this is all idle speculation, and most
> likely wrong
>
>
> It might ultimately be wrong, but it's a damn good
> story...

The only thing you probably have wrong about that is the body dump location, but other than that you're most likely right. These guys will never see their day in court, they're too cowardly to own up to their crimes. Instead, I see them getting turned into swiss cheese by law enforcement. A fitting end, I just hope it'll be a closed casket for them. But I could be wrong about that too, as the growing trend for police shootings is to shoot 'em once, and let the perp bleed out, which is an equally good way for them to go.

Date: February 04, 2014 01:24PM

CXvwK Wrote:
> The only thing you probably have wrong about that
> is the body dump location, but other than that
> you're most likely right. These guys will never
> see their day in court, they're too cowardly to
> own up to their crimes. Instead, I see them
> getting turned into swiss cheese by law
> enforcement. A fitting end, I just hope it'll be a
> closed casket for them. But I could be wrong about
> that too, as the growing trend for police
> shootings is to shoot 'em once, and let the perp
> bleed out, which is an equally good way for them
> to go.

The reason I chose that location is that it's right off the Rockfish Gap Turnpike, but it's likely to be visited fairly infrequently. There's also a huge stand of woods next to the station.

Rockfish Gap Turnpike has a lot of houses on it; it looks to be about one every couple hundred yards or so. Country folk are usually very sensitive to potential guests, and tend to notice someone stopped along the road or pulling up in their driveway, even if they're not dumping a body.

The entrance to Crozet Wastewater Pump Station #4, however, is conveniently blocked from view from the nearest houses by trees, and once you pull in 50 feet from the turnpike, the road makes a 90 degree bend so no one will notice you doing something suspicious, like dumping a body.

The reason I think Rockfish Gap Turnpike was Quick's route is that I used my super-internet stalking researching abilities to look up Quick's mother's address, and there's no easy access to 64 from his mother's house, and taking 64 would have taken him out of the way to his destination.

Using Google Street view, there are no markings or indications for the driveway to Crozet Wastewater Pump Station #4, or that it's not the driveway to someone's house. This suggests that the people knew what they were looking for (maybe they used to park there to get high or something) and are therefore local.

If I'd just killed somebody, I'd likely be shitting my pants and want to get rid of the body quick (no pun intended), but wouldn't want it discovered, so I'd take it to the most secluded spot I could get to fast.

Of course, this is all idle speculation, and most likely wrong.

Posted by: uW6VD ()
Date: February 05, 2014 02:51PM

Interesting speculation, anything new in this story?

Date: February 05, 2014 05:10PM

2 brothers and a sister were arrested -- not of the Afro-American variety, either.

Quick is still missing.

Posted by: KTLwk ()
Date: February 05, 2014 05:29PM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
> 2 brothers and a sister were arrested -- not of
> the Afro-American variety, either.
>
> Quick is still missing.

Quick is more than likely dead, unfortunately. And you can tell from the ATM pic that the perps were white trash. Looks a 'lil fat to be a methhead, but most criminal in that area are. I'm ashamed that they're white.

Date: February 05, 2014 06:34PM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
> 2 brothers and a sister were arrested -- not of
> the Afro-American variety, either.
>
> Quick is still missing.

Two sisters and a brother, actually.

UPDATE: Three Arrested in Connection to Kevin Quick's Disappearance
Virginia State Police have announced that three siblings have been arrested in connection with the disappearance of Kevin Quick.

Police say 20-year-old Mersadies Shelton and 18-year-old Daniel Mathis (aka Shelton) were arrested in the City of Alexandria without incident. They are charged with one count of grand larceny. Shantai Shelton, 24, was taken into custody on an outstanding warrant in Louisa County. They are being held without bond at the Central Virginia Regional Jail in Orange County.

Mathis was also arrested on four felony warrants and three misdemeanor warrants issued by the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office for his connection involving an on-going shooting investigation by the sheriff’s office on Feb. 2, in the 700 block of Mica Road. Quick's vehicle was believed to have been involved in that incident.

Police say they have not yet found Quick. A reward for information in the case has grown to $30,000.
So, the Shelton siblings robbed the Super Bowl party in Louisa county, likely driving Quick's SUV and using Quick's gun.

The fat guy in the other photos is not one of these three, however, so the question is how the Shelton-Mathis siblings got hold of the SUV and gun. Was that why the SUV was in Manassas?
Attachments:
Mathis+Shelton+Shelton.jpg

Posted by: XtNXM ()
Date: February 05, 2014 06:51PM

Wait a minute, none of them were the guys in the ATM photos.

Posted by: Thisisajokeright ()
Date: February 05, 2014 07:27PM

I stand corrected :X

Still agree with whoever said that Quick is the one in the ATM photo

Posted by: dHdPv ()
Date: February 05, 2014 08:58PM

Thisisajokeright Wrote:
> I stand corrected :X
>
> Still agree with whoever said that Quick is the
> one in the ATM photo

I disagree. The man in the ATM photo's face is too fat and shaped differently, plus his body size is too large. State Troopers (unlike local sheriff departments) are more strict on when it comes to their health. I suspect that the two suspects in the pictures killed the trooper and took his vehicle, wallet, etc. They probably either left the vehicle somewhere with its keys in the ignition so it would be stolen by the (3) that were arrested, probably to throw off the authorities.

Posted by: MwHUH ()
Date: February 05, 2014 09:28PM

dHdPv Wrote:
> I disagree. The man in the ATM photo's face is too
> fat and shaped differently, plus his body size is
> too large. State Troopers (unlike local sheriff
> departments) are more strict on when it comes to
> their health. I suspect that the two suspects in
> the pictures killed the trooper and took his
> vehicle, wallet, etc. They probably either left
> the vehicle somewhere with its keys in the
> ignition so it would be stolen by the (3) that
> were arrested, probably to throw off the
> authorities.

He was Waynesboro Police Reserve, so he could very well be the one in the photo. They do seem to be similar.

Posted by: Nope.. ()
Date: February 05, 2014 10:58PM

Its not him. He is dead somewhere most likely and they have just not found the body yet. Don't you think if it was him and he did not want to be found he would have known better then to get his picture taken by an ATM.

Posted by: louderthanhell ()
Date: February 06, 2014 12:42AM

What were the perps doing in Alexandria ?

Date: February 06, 2014 09:34AM

Nope.. Wrote:
> Its not him. He is dead somewhere most likely and
> they have just not found the body yet. Don't you
> think if it was him and he did not want to be
> found he would have known better then to get his
> picture taken by an ATM.

There is every possibility he was scared because the perps were like "don't you dare show yo' face, fool, cover that shit up and git me sum money yo!!"

Also, I didn't see any murder charges.

https://www.facebook.com/mersadies.shelton.9

https://www.facebook.com/sadies.patterson

https://www.facebook.com/shantai.shelton

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.mathis.794

Breakdown of Charges

Daniel L. Mathis

From Louisa County Sheriff's Office
One felony count of unlawful shooting
One felony count of robbery
One felony count of use of firearm to commit robbery , malicious wounding;
One misdemeanor count of brandishing a firearm
One misdemeanor count of recklessly handle a firearm
One misdemeanor count of carrying a concealed weapon
Two felony counts of use of a firearm to commit malicious wounding.
From Virginia State Police
One felony count of grand larceny

Mersadies Shelton

From Virginia State Police
One felony count of grand larceny

Shantai Shelton

Louisa County Sheriff's Office
One misdemeanor count each with selling stolen property and obtaining money by false pretense

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/P...243806131.html

(taken from websleuths)

Posted by: MyTPw ()
Date: February 06, 2014 09:58AM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
> There is every possibility he was scared because
> the perps were like "don't you dare show yo' face,
> fool, cover that shit up and git me sum money
> yo!!"

It seems to me that's most likely what happened. I think they probably killed him after, though.

> Also, I didn't see any murder charges.

No murder charges without a body. There's also a small chance that they didn't do it, and just picked up the car after it was dumped.

Posted by: WpPeJ ()
Date: February 06, 2014 10:07AM

MyTPw Wrote:
> No murder charges without a body. There's also a
> small chance that they didn't do it, and just
> picked up the car after it was dumped.

I'm thinking they took the vehicle after it was dumped to.

Date: February 06, 2014 10:47AM

MyTPw Wrote:
> thisisajokeright Wrote:
> -----
> > There is every possibility he was scared
> because
> > the perps were like "don't you dare show yo'
> face,
> > fool, cover that shit up and git me sum money
> > yo!!"
>
> It seems to me that's most likely what happened. I
> think they probably killed him after, though.
>
> > Also, I didn't see any murder charges.
>
> No murder charges without a body. There's also a
> small chance that they didn't do it, and just
> picked up the car after it was dumped.

I thought they could charge based on circumstantial evidence? I'm probably getting that mixed up though.

Posted by: eLjN7 ()
Date: February 06, 2014 10:51AM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
> I thought they could charge based on
> circumstantial evidence? I'm probably getting that
> mixed up though.

They could, but it wouldn't likely get them a conviction. That's why (and this happens with a lot of crimes) they wait to file the charges once they have sufficient evidence.

Date: February 06, 2014 11:08AM

eLjN7 Wrote:
> thisisajokeright Wrote:
> -----
> > I thought they could charge based on
> > circumstantial evidence? I'm probably getting
> that
> > mixed up though.
>
> They could, but it wouldn't likely get them a
> conviction. That's why (and this happens with a
> lot of crimes) they wait to file the charges once
> they have sufficient evidence.

No wonder no murder charges have been filed against Randy Allen Taylor in the disappearance of Alexis Murphy...

Posted by: Slie ()
Date: February 06, 2014 11:21AM

The guy in the ATM pictures is the heavy perp. Look at how tall the hoodie is from the afpho.

I don't think they killed Quick until after they withdrew the money. Keeping him alive would assure that they got the correct pin code and an extra $400.

If they just picked up the vehicle after it was dumped then how did they get his ATM card?

Posted by: VGVmx ()
Date: February 06, 2014 11:28AM

Slie Wrote:
> The guy in the ATM pictures is the heavy perp.
> Look at how tall the hoodie is from the afpho.

It's a she, though I can see how one would think that's her in the ATM pic. But she has a big nig-nog nose, and the guy in the ATM pic doesn't have such a broad nose. It looks more similar to Quick's, or perhaps another white male.

> I don't think they killed Quick until after they
> withdrew the money. Keeping him alive would assure
> that they got the correct pin code and an extra
> $400.

And after that? They're not gonna keep him around for conversation. He's more than likely dead at this point. Fuckin' savages couldn't just take the money and run.

> If they just picked up the vehicle after it was
> dumped then how did they get his ATM card?

Original perps (if there even were any) could've left it in there. Along with Quick's gun. It would've been a smart move on their part.

Date: February 06, 2014 03:17PM

Here comes that murder charge!!!

http://www.nbc12.com/story/24655185/sources-body-of-missing-va-police-captain-found-in-goochland

LOUISA, VA (WWBT) -
Searchers have found the body of a missing Virginia Police captain in Goochland, according to law enforcement sources.

Waynesboro Police reserve Captain Kevin Quick has been missing for nearly a week. Law enforcement sources say the body was found Thursday near Old Columbia Road in Goochland.

Crews searched the area Thursday after receiving a number of tips both in the past 24 hours.

Earlier Thursday, three people charged in connection with Quick's disappearance appeared in Louisa court.

A judge ordered Daniel Mathis, Shantai Shelton, and Mersadies Shelton held without bond. They were also given court appointed defense attorneys.

The three siblings were arrested at an Alexandria hotel Tuesday night. Mersadies Shelton and Daniel Mathis are charged with possession of stolen property/grand larceny for the theft of Quick's Silver 1999 Toyota 4Runner.

Mathis was also arrested on four felony warrants and three misdemeanor warrants in connection with a shooting Sunday in Mineral. Authorities say Mathis drove the missing captain's SUV to a Louisa home Sunday night where he tried to rob a family and shot a teen.

Shantai Shelton was arrested on an unrelated warrant.

A search warrant shows Quick's last communication was two text messages sent to his girlfriend. His Verizon cell phone has been off since 10:52 p.m. Friday. His Discover card hasn't been used since 5:45 p.m. Friday.
Police say Quick left his mother's house in Afton Friday night to go see a woman,with whom he has a four-month-old daughter, 20 miles away at the Turtle Tree apartments in Albemarle. Quick has been legally separated from his wife since 2007, though the divorce was never finalized. However, Quick never made it to the Turtle Tree Apartments, which are less than two miles from where the suspects live, according to police.

Court documents also show Quick was laid off three weeks ago and his severance money hasn't been accounted for.
Quick's SUV was found on Cedar Hill Road in Louisa Monday, not far from where a shooting occurred Sunday night. Police ask anyone who may have noticed any strange cars in the area this weekend to call them with information.

State Police say the silver Toyota 4Runner was also seen in Fork Union Friday and Manassas Saturday.

State Police are also still looking for a man who they believe knows something about the captain's disappearance. They've distributed a surveillance image in the hopes it will lead to new information in the case.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call Virginia State Police at #77 on a cell phone or at (434) 352-7128, or any one of the assisting agencies.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Posted by: Executioner ()
Date: February 06, 2014 09:58PM

I have the electric chair ready at Greenville as soon as all three are convicted on Capitol Murder.

Posted by: Jack45 ()
Date: February 06, 2014 10:08PM

uTMdP Wrote:
> pig?Thats not fair.

You heartless fucking asshole. They had a pretty good idea all along that the man had been murdered and yet you make some idiotic comparison to the run of the mill missing person.

Posted by: NoVa tourist ()
Date: February 06, 2014 10:38PM

I was in and around Crozet and Afton on Saturday and Sunday. Thank god I missed all of these shenanigans, and am very sorry for the loss of Captain Quick.

Posted by: DYEK3 ()
Date: February 07, 2014 06:23AM

I still think more people are involved. The ATM pic doesn't look like any of the three who were arrested.

Body found may be that of missing reserve Virginia police officer in Waynesboro, Va.
Posted by: 4McYx ()
Date: February 07, 2014 07:30AM

Body found may be that of missing reserve Virginia police officer in Waynesboro, Va.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/body-found-may-be-that-of-missing-reserve-virginia-police-officer-in-waynesboro-va/2014/02/07/624555ba-8fe7-11e3-b46a-5a3d0d2130da_story.html

Investigators said they are working to figure out if remains found in a rural part of Virginia on Thursday are those of a missing reserve police officer from the small town of Waynesboro.

Authorities have been searching for Capt. Kevin Wayne Quick, 45, of Rockfish, Va., who has been missing for almost a week. On Thursday, a body was found in a remote area in Goochland County, about halfway between Richmond and Charlottesville.

Members of the Waynesboro Police Department and Quick’s family and friends “are waiting,” police said, “for a positive identification to be made.”

Police arrested three Albemarle County siblings Tuesday night at an Alexandria hotel in connection with the search for Quick.

Mersadies Shelton, 20, and Daniel Mathis, 18, were charged with grand larceny for the theft of Quick’s silver 1999 Toyota 4Runner. Shantai M. Shelton, 24 was taken into custody on an unrelated outstanding arrest warrant.

Police found the abandoned SUV Monday at a residence in Mineral, Va.

Quick was last seen on Jan. 31, leaving his mother’s house in Afton around 10:15 p.m. He was expected to visit his girlfriend about 20 miles away.

But he never made it and was reported missing Saturday. He was last seen wearing a tan Columbia pullover, blue jeans and tennis shoes.

Sgt. Brian Edwards, a spokesman for the Waynesboro Police Department, said Quick had recently been laid off from his job as a production supervisor and was working as a painter.

Quick is a 24-year member of the Waynesboro Police Department’s reserve police force. Waynesboro, pop. 21,000, is located in the Shenandoah Valley, about 20 miles west of Charlottesville.

Date: February 07, 2014 08:20AM

DYEK3 Wrote:
> I still think more people are involved. The ATM
> pic doesn't look like any of the three who were
> arrested.

See, I could pass the ATM pic for either Quick or the fatter one of the two chicks.... because, in the end, the pic of Quick -- we don't know how old that is and it's very plausible he put on some weight. Though, the ATM character looks very relaxed, so if it was Quick, covered at the discretion of the kidnappers, he must've been on something to not look so panicked.

Date: February 07, 2014 10:32AM

http://www.nbc12.com/story/24662663/3-suspects-charged-with-murdering-kevin-quick-in-goochland

GOOCHLAND, VA (WWBT) -
Three suspects are behind bars in Henrico accused of murdering Waynesboro Police reserve Captain Kevin Quick, according to court documents.

Halisi Uhuru, Leslie Hope Casterlow and Anthony Darnell Stokes are charged with capital murder in the death of Quick, according to arrest warrants filed in Goochland. The arrest warrants say the three murdered Quick during an abduction between Monday and Wednesday.

Wait so how do the fat fucks first pictured fit in?

Date: February 07, 2014 11:00AM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
> http://www.nbc12.com/story/24662663/3-suspects-cha
> rged-with-murdering-kevin-quick-in-goochland
>
> GOOCHLAND, VA (WWBT) -
> Three suspects are behind bars in Henrico accused
> of murdering Waynesboro Police reserve Captain
> Kevin Quick, according to court documents.
>
> Halisi Uhuru, Leslie Hope Casterlow and Anthony
> Darnell Stokes are charged with capital murder in
> the death of Quick, according to arrest warrants
> filed in Goochland. The arrest warrants say the
> three murdered Quick during an abduction between
> Monday and Wednesday.
>
> .....
>
> Wait so how do the fat fucks first pictured fit
> in?

They were the ones that robbed the Super Bowl party using Quick's SUV (or at least Mathis was).

If Quick was murdered between Monday and Wednesday, that means he was still alive when the first posts in this thread were made. I wonder if they were trying to figure out how to get his severance money.

According to this report, Casterlow and Stokes are from Manassas, which explains why Quick's vehicle was there.

3 suspects charged with murdering VA police captain Kevin Quick
By Ashley Monfort
Feb 07, 2014
http://www.wsls.com/story/24662663/3-suspects-charged-with-murdering-kevin-quick-in-goochland
GOOCHLAND, VA (WWBT) -

Three suspects are behind bars in Henrico accused of murdering Waynesboro Police reserve Captain Kevin Quick, according to court documents.

Halisi Uhuru, Leslie Hope Casterlow and Anthony Darnell Stokes are charged with capital murder in the death of Quick, according to arrest warrants filed in Goochland. The arrest warrants say the three murdered Quick during an abduction between Monday and Wednesday.

Uhuru is from Danville. Caterlow and Stokes are from Manassas.

They're due back in court on February 10 at 12:30 p.m. State Police have scheduled a press conference at 2 p.m. in Waynesboro.

The Goochland arrests came early Friday and bring the total number of people behind bars to six in connection with the disappearance and murder of the Virginia officer.

Quick went missing one week ago. Virginia State police confirm a body was found Thursday afternoon in a remote area along on the Fluvanna and Goochland county line. Law enforcement sources say the body was found on Old Columbia Road and had been shot.

While law enforcement sources say the body is Quick, State Police officials say they are still working on identifying the body and gathering evidence. They say they will release the name once they have finished identifying the body and notifying next of kin.

Crews searched the area Thursday after receiving a number of tips both in the past 24 hours.

Earlier Thursday, three other people charged in connection with Quick's disappearance appeared in Louisa court.

A judge ordered Daniel Mathis, Shantai Shelton, and Mersadies Shelton held without bond. They were also given court appointed defense attorneys.
The three Albemarle siblings were arrested at an Alexandria hotel Tuesday night. Mersadies Shelton and Daniel Mathis are charged with possession of stolen property/grand larceny for the theft of Quick's Silver 1999 Toyota 4Runner.

Investigators seized a wallet, a box of cigarettes with a green leafy substance and various other items from the SUV, according to search warrants.

Mathis was also arrested on four felony warrants and three misdemeanor warrants in connection with a shooting Sunday in Mineral. Authorities say Mathis drove the missing captain's SUV to a Louisa home Sunday night where he tried to rob a family and shot a teen.

Shantai Shelton was arrested on an unrelated warrant.

A search warrant shows Quick's last communication was two text messages sent to his girlfriend. His Verizon cell phone has been off since 10:52 p.m. Friday. His Discover card hasn't been used since 5:45 p.m. Friday.

Police say Quick left his mother's house in Afton Friday night to go see a woman,with whom he has a four-month-old daughter, 20 miles away at the Turtle Tree apartments in Albemarle. Quick has been legally separated from his wife since 2007, though the divorce was never finalized. However, Quick never made it to the Turtle Tree Apartments, which are less than two miles from where the suspects live, according to police.
Court documents also show Quick was laid off three weeks ago and his severance money hasn't been accounted for.

Quick's SUV was found on Cedar Hill Road in Louisa Monday, not far from where a shooting occurred Sunday night. Police ask anyone who may have noticed any strange cars in the area this weekend to call them with information.

State Police say the silver Toyota 4Runner was also seen in Fork Union Friday and Manassas Saturday.

State Police are also still looking for a man who they believe knows something about the captain's disappearance. They've distributed a surveillance image in the hopes it will lead to new information in the case.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call Virginia State Police at #77 on a cell phone or at (434) 352-7128, or any one of the assisting agencies./blockquote>
Picture: L to R, Halisi Uhuru, Leslie Casterlow, Anthony Stokes Jr.

Attachments:
24662663_BG1.jpg

Date: February 07, 2014 11:05AM

I'm also from/live in Manassas and have never seen either of those people. But then again I don't hang out in Georgetown South, the local WalMart or Manassas Park, so..

Posted by: VyvUH ()
Date: February 07, 2014 11:17AM

Two black guys? Nooo...

Posted by: xMNjF ()
Date: February 07, 2014 11:19AM

Posted by: VyvUH ()

Date: February 07, 2014 11:17AM

<Two black guys? Nooo...

And a dumbass white bitch?! Say it ain't so.

Date: February 07, 2014 11:27AM

NEW INFORMATION: The Goochland County Commonwealth's Attorney tells me none of the 3 arrests from this morning are the ones who are directly responsible for killing Capt. Quick. They are charged with Capital Murder because they were a Principal in the 2nd Degree. This means none of them (right now) are accused of being the actual shooter, however it means they are charged with sharing the same intent as the gunman. Right now we don't know who may be the gunman. I know these legal terms are very confusing but I hope this helps.

Date: February 07, 2014 11:28AM

That was on a reporter's facebook -- not me

Date: February 07, 2014 01:39PM

you can bet the gunman is that fat bastard with the hoddie in the atm photo...

Posted by: mcgruffy2 ()
Date: February 07, 2014 02:10PM

Investigation over. They found his corps and arrested the 3 savage Obama voters that killed him. Case closed!

Posted by: DFEGU ()
Date: February 07, 2014 08:51PM

But we still have a problem, none of those people are the ones in the ATM photo.

Posted by: Assy Knoll ()
Date: February 08, 2014 12:47AM

Fat guy at the ATM = Meade?

Date: February 08, 2014 01:54AM

mcgruffy2 Wrote:
> Investigation over. They found his corps and
> arrested the 3 savage Obama voters that killed
> him. Case closed!

Not quite.

Police eye possible gang link in disappearance, death of Virginia officer
Associated Press
February 08, 2014
WAYNESBORO, Va. – Three people have been charged in the disappearance and death of a reserve Waynesboro police officer, two others are charged in the theft of his vehicle and investigators are looking into a possible gang affiliation, police said Friday.

The latest three were arrested Thursday night in Prince William County, increasing to five the number of people facing charges related to the death of Kevin Wayne Quick, 45.

Police who had been searching for Quick since he was reported missing Saturday found the body of a man about halfway between Richmond and Charlottesville on Thursday, state police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said. An autopsy has not positively identified the body as Quick's, she said.

The three arrested Thursday night are Gert Wright, also known as Halisi Uhuru, 22, of Danville; and Leslie Hope Casterlow, 49, and Anthony D. Stokes Jr., 31, both of Manassas.

They are charged with "principal in second degree to the crime of murder," meaning they have an association with Quick's death, Geller said.

"They have not been charged with capital murder, with any murder, at this time," she said.

Geller said the three were also charged with having an affiliation with a "criminal street gang." She did not identify the gang or elaborate on that part of the investigation.

Two Louisa County siblings previously were charged with grand larceny related to the theft of Quick's SUV. They are Mersadies Shelton, 20, and Daniel Mathis, 18.

All five suspects are being held without bond.

Geller said investigators were "still piecing together this network of individuals."

Police have received more than 200 tips since they began their search for Quick, she said, appealing for more assistance from the public.

Quick was reported missing after he left his mother's residence in Afton to travel to his girlfriend's home in Louisa County late Friday. She lives about 20 miles away.

Quick's vehicle was found Monday in Louisa County. Surveillance cameras recorded his vehicle at two banks before the SUV was discovered.

Waynesville police said Quick was a captain on the reserve force. He had served on the force for 24 years.
So, for those keeping track:

Arrested for Super Bowl party robbery in Louisa county, in which Quick's SUV (and likely his gun) were used:
*Mersadies Shelton
*Daniel Mathis

Arrested for unrelated outstanding warrants:
*Shantai M. Shelton

Arrested and charged as accessories in the second degree to murder:
*Halisi Uhuru
*Leslie Hope Casterlow
*Anthony Darnell Stokes

More likely to come, including the actual triggerman...

Posted by: Inquiring Inquirer ()
Date: February 08, 2014 02:24AM

Sounds like one (or more) of the first three may have rolled over and gave up the names of the second three.

Fry 'em all. Let God sort it out.

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: February 08, 2014 03:35AM

Inquiring Inquirer Wrote:
> Sounds like one (or more) of the first three may
> have rolled over and gave up the names of the
> second three.
>
> Fry 'em all. Let God sort it out.

+1. Damn these worthless maggots.

Posted by: questionz ()
Date: February 08, 2014 09:45AM

Has anything else come out to clarify the involvement of the first set of people arrested? Right now it seems there's 6-7 people that has been arrested with the last three receiving the most implication in the death thus far. What's the role of the first three (four?) that were arrested?

Also, the picture seems like it could be the reservist if he gained weight but it also looks like it could be one of the women who was part of the first three arrested. The photo isn't really in color and lighting at night through a camera can make the skin look a lot lighter.

Posted by: lotsaqs ()
Date: February 08, 2014 01:53PM

Keep us updated please :)

Is this VA getting to be more dangerous or has it always been like this?

Posted by: The Exterminator ()
Date: February 08, 2014 04:47PM

All five are affiliated with the Bloods, HAVE FUN IN THE CHAIR YOU FUCKERS
Attachments:
Greensville Correctional - Copy.jpg
Virginia Electric Chair - Copy.jpg

Posted by: kommoncense ()
Date: February 08, 2014 06:55PM

Where is all the outrage? When it's blacks on whites, nothing happens.

Posted by: Patient Explanation. ()
Date: February 08, 2014 07:43PM

kommoncense Wrote:
> Where is all the outrage? When it's blacks on
> whites, nothing happens.

Outrage over black-on-white crime is reserved for sites like chimpout.com, which has not yet picked up on this story.

Posted by: hPnN4 ()
Date: February 08, 2014 09:04PM

Patient Explanation. Wrote:
> Outrage over black-on-white crime is reserved for
> sites like chimpout.com, which has not yet picked
> up on this story.

No, there's plenty of outrage here. And there still is a chance the triggerman was white, as evidenced by the unidenitified white male in the ATM photo. But nigs gon nig, I'm sure once they got whiff of a potential crime with a willing triggerman they just had to stick their broad noses in it.

Posted by: Corporal Punishment ()
Date: February 09, 2014 11:34AM

hPnN4 Wrote:
> Patient Explanation. Wrote:
> -----
> > Outrage over black-on-white crime is reserved
> for
> > sites like chimpout.com, which has not yet
> picked
> > up on this story.
>
> No, there's plenty of outrage here. And there
> still is a chance the triggerman was white, as
> evidenced by the unidenitified white male in the
> ATM photo. But nigs gon nig, I'm sure once they
> got whiff of a potential crime with a willing
> triggerman they just had to stick their broad
> noses in it.

Give them all the electric chair!

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: February 09, 2014 11:47AM

Im confused. Who has been charged with murder....the first set of pictured suspects or the second set?

They all look like fine upstanding pillars of the community so this is truely shocking news.

Were all these pieces of trash involved together or did someone kill him and then the others stole his vehicle and credit cards?

With this many people involved, it's only a matter of time before someone starts singing to save their own ass. Show them all pictures of "ole Sparky" and you will get some answers quick.

UPDATED: Body found is Goochland is that of missing police captain
Posted by: Latest Update ()
Date: February 10, 2014 07:49AM

UPDATED: Body found is Goochland is that of missing police captain
http://www.insidenova.com/news/crime_police/updated-body-found-is-goochland-is-that-of-missing-police/article_1958c3d2-9023-11e3-b349-0019bb2963f4.html

State police on Saturday morning confirmed that a body found Thursday in Goochland County is that of missing Waynesboro reserve police Capt. Kevin Wayne Quick.

Six people have now been charged in connection with Quick's Jan. 31 disappearance.

Leslie Hope Casterlow, 49; Anthony Darnell Stokes Jr., 31, both of Manassas, and Halisi Uhuru, 22, of Danville were charged Thursday night with “principle in 2nd degree to the crime of murder" and gang participation.

"This means these individuals are not being charged with Quick’s homicide but in association with his death," state police spokesman Corinne Geller said.Three others, all siblings, were arrested in connection with the Quick case in Alexandria on Tuesday night. Two were charged with stealing his 1999 Toyota 4Runner.

Quick, a 45-year-old captain with the Waynesboro Police Department’s reserve unit, was last seen leaving his mother’s home in Afton around 10:15 p.m. on Jan. 31. He was headed to Albemarle County to visit his 4-month-old daughter and the child's mother, police said.

Quick’s family reported him missing Saturday when he didn’t show for his brother’s birthday party. His SUV was found abandoned Monday morning near Mineral.

Surveillance cameras picked up images of Quick’s SUV at a bank in Fluvanna County the night of his disappearance and again around 11:30 p.m. near an ATM in Manassas.

The state medical examiner's office on Saturday confirmed that a body found during a search in Goochland County Thursday is Quick. State police are not releasing a cause of death.

Hasili Uhuru, Anthony Stokes Jr. and Leslie Casterlow
Attachments:
52f5228cef316_image.jpg

Re: UPDATED: Body found is Goochland is that of missing police captain
Date: February 10, 2014 09:31AM

My fave thing is how that piece of white trash woman is wearing a cross. Yep, I'm sure Jesus died so you could go out and fuck up other people's lives. He'd be so proud.

Re: UPDATED: Body found is Goochland is that of missing police captain
Posted by: 7Y7Fe ()
Date: February 10, 2014 11:48AM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
> My fave thing is how that piece of white trash
> woman is wearing a cross. Yep, I'm sure Jesus died
> so you could go out and fuck up other people's
> lives. He'd be so proud.

All the gang members wear them, ironic isn't it?

Posted by: anonymous observer ()
Date: February 10, 2014 12:43PM

"Mersadies Shelton and Daniel Mathis are charged with possession of stolen property/grand larceny for the theft of Quick's Silver 1999 Toyota 4Runner."

-----------------------------
!!! i don't understand you all saying you have no idea what happend. the report above clearly spells robbery caught red handed !!!!

this is simple. the complaint says they are caught RED HANDED with stolen vehicle of dead/missing person.

DEAD ? no one found him yet ? that is a problem. however they were red handed found in possession of a missing man's horse - not something they can explain would just fall into their hands.

immediately they should be before a judge telling the a full extemporanious account of the story without a lawyer. then they should get a lawyer and have a trial day - not in years - soon.

they must answer how they are not the killers, since the major assumption and red handed fact on hand is that they are, or face a death penalty

simple

don't spend shitloads of money on doctors or "super bug" execution devices. a damn 5 cent .22 will do it fine and in the end be more respectful

------------------------------
don't spend $1,000,000 investigating

spend the money getting people who are outside or against civil or societal living: out of the town

you can't have golden cops who are safe only due to $100,000 equipment lording the streets so they are safe to go to the ATM

you need a safe city or place to walk is the problem

Posted by: LWw3j ()
Date: February 19, 2014 07:21AM

They did say they were charged with Gang Affiliation so that might be how they know each other... I kinda feel that this man was a target.. I could be wrong but there is alot of people that have their hands dirty with his disappearance

Quick's acquaintances talk about latest news
Posted by: some info ()
Date: February 24, 2014 02:53PM

Quick's acquaintances talk about latest news
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2014/02/06/body-found-in-virginia/5263831/

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WCAV) -- The buzz began Thursday afternoon that Kevin Quick's body had been found. It didn't take long for the news to travel back to Waynesboro, where Quick volunteered as a police reservist.

"[My] first response was relief for the family as far as not knowing -- at the same time it was anger, that if these three people are connected with it, then it was pretty much senseless," said Rodney Soulsby, owner of New Age Auto in Waynesboro.

Soulsby got the ball rolling on a reward fund that, thanks to local businesses and individual donors, has grown to more than $40,000 for information leading to Quick's whereabouts.

"We were just hoping for some fluke to where he was either held captive somewhere or just injured and couldn't get anywhere from where he was at. Anything on a positive note," he said.

Nelson County Sheriff David Brooks confirmed Thursday afternoon to our media partners at Blue Ridge Life Magazine that a body found in Goochland County is that of Quick.

"Anyone that has ever met Kevin will be deeply saddened to hear the news," said Quick's former coworker Chris Harris.

The two worked together at Invisita. Harris is one of many people who pitched in to help grow the reward fund.

"To get Kevin home safely, I would have given every penny I own. Money and possessions mean nothing compared to someone like him," said Harris. "Kevin was as fine a gentleman as anyone could be. It's a tragedy that he was taken from his family like this -- a true, real tragedy."

His death, being felt by the entire community.

"Unfortunately, Kevin's disappearance was the third in this area in the last several years," said Soulsby. "People in this area know the person who lives the next street over or five streets away or five miles down the street. They all know one another, and when something happens, they take it personal because it's their own community and their own area."

Police have not confirmed many details about the body found in Goochland. When more information becomes available about how Quick was located, we should know whether or not the reward fund is awarded because of a tip.

A press conference is scheduled for Friday.

Posted by: Updated ()
Date: July 10, 2014 12:45PM

2 plead guilty in Va. reserve officer slaying case
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2014/07/10/2-plead-guilty-waynesboro-reserve-police-officer-death/12468693/

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) - Two people have pleaded guilty to charges stemming from the slaying of a Waynesboro reserve police officer.

Leslie Hope Casterlow of Manassas and Anthony Lee White of Louisa are among nine people who were indicted on federal charges in the case.

Online court records show Casterlow pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice on Wednesday in federal court in Charlottesville. A statement of facts says Casterlow disposed of evidence in the slaying of 45-year-old Kevin Quick and a home invasion robbery.

White pleaded guilty to a racketeering conspiracy charge.

Quick was reported missing Feb. 1 after he failed to show up to visit his girlfriend and their 4-month-old daughter. His body was found days later in a wooded area northwest of Richmond.

Reserve Officer, Kevin Wayne Quick
Attachments:
1404996397000-1400246397000-1392650159001-kevin-quick.jpg

Posted by: vVk4w ()
Date: July 10, 2014 02:20PM

9 people!?!

Posted by: Nig Nog ()
Date: July 10, 2014 02:25PM

file.php?2,file=120586,filename=24662663

What? Nigs were involved? That can't be right.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.