HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
See What FCPS Board decides on Transgender issue . bathrooms, etc. Board Meeting Thurs. 5/7 @ Jackson Middle School, Gallows Road
Posted by: GXLDH ()
Date: May 06, 2015 07:19PM

Luther Jackson Middle School ... 3020 Gallows Road, Falls Church, VA, 22042
Meeting open to public @ 7 PM.
Topic on Transgender anti-discrimination ... @ 8:15 PM

Make yourselves heard!
Don't allow what's now happening to Stafford County Schools to happen in FFX County.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/1823422/1825797.html#msg-1825797

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: See What FCPS Board decides on Transgender issue . bathrooms, etc. Board Meeting Thurs. 5/7 @ Jackson Middle School, Gallows Road
Posted by: What happened? ()
Date: May 06, 2015 09:38PM

Did bigots in Stafford keep their school policy in the 19th century?

Re: See What FCPS Board decides on Transgender issue . bathrooms, etc. Board Meeting Thurs. 5/7 @ Jackson Middle School, Gallows Road
Posted by: You're soooooooooooo progressive ()
Date: May 06, 2015 10:33PM

So keeping men out of the girls bathroom is 19th century now? You really are a loon.

Posted by: ockham ()
Date: May 06, 2015 11:39PM

Transgender women aren't men

Posted by: Seriously? ()
Date: May 07, 2015 07:16AM

I fully support adding sexual identity to the nondiscrimination clause, to protect students and staff from harrassment. Likely, the very few transgendered students in FCPS are already daily being bullied (no doubt in locker rooms!). Common sense from any teacher or administrator, they would let transgendered kids use a lockable unisex faculty bathroom to use and change during school. It's an easy fix, protects the digity of the student, and keeps the bigots from getting all in a lather.

Posted by: Oh no! ()
Date: May 07, 2015 07:55AM

Seriously? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I fully support adding sexual identity to the
> nondiscrimination clause, to protect students and
> staff from harrassment. Likely, the very few
> transgendered students in FCPS are already daily
> being bullied (no doubt in locker rooms!). Common
> sense from any teacher or administrator, they
> would let transgendered kids use a lockable unisex
> faculty bathroom to use and change during school.
> It's an easy fix, protects the digity of the
> student, and keeps the bigots from getting all in
> a lather.

This is not good enough, you understand. They have to have the right to use the opposite sex bathroom in order to not be discriminated against. The rest of us don't have any rights.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: May 07, 2015 08:37AM

Seriously? Wrote:
> I fully support adding sexual identity to the
> nondiscrimination clause, to protect students and
> staff from harrassment. Likely, the very few
> transgendered students in FCPS are already daily
> being bullied (no doubt in locker rooms!). Common
> sense from any teacher or administrator, they
> would let transgendered kids use a lockable unisex
> faculty bathroom to use and change during school.
> It's an easy fix, protects the digity of the
> student, and keeps the bigots from getting all in
> a lather.

You pinpointed the problem involved because it would require common sense.

Posted by: TransFreaks ()
Date: May 07, 2015 09:00AM

I would suggest sending these trannies to the local psych ward.

Posted by: questionablechange ()
Date: May 07, 2015 09:40AM

exactly. They would still claim to be distriminated against if they can't use whatever bathroom they want. Also, what is the chance bathrooms become co-ed? Where is protection for students in that case? Then it turns into an issue of safety for way more than just the transgendered students.

Not to mention, FCPS will spend more money that is not there on a consultant for this issue AFTER they vote YES and not before.

Posted by: tranny to teach your children ()
Date: May 07, 2015 10:19AM

Posted by: Hmmm1 ()
Date: May 07, 2015 11:09AM

Ah yes, The Traditional Values Coalition, the esteemed organization that does not believe in evolution or sex education. I'm sure the people of Fairfax are very interested in their opinions in this matter (not).

Posted by: vjM4C ()
Date: May 07, 2015 11:21AM

^^
If you look into it, you might find they do believe in evolution within a species or adaptation, but they maintain that life did not start with a big bang or primodial soup. They actually DO believe in Sex education, albeit from a Biblical perspective and taught by parents, as their belief that sex outside the bonds of marriage is dangerous and immoral.

Did you read the PDF linked above. .. If not, you should. The possiblities are there and forcing students to be captive audiences to things which are so different, they are distracting, is not something which helps the education process and environment. It will only hurt the environment and have a negative impact on education and mental well-being of the other students.

Date: May 07, 2015 11:36AM

So, how old would you say Andrea Lafferty thinks the Earth is? Closer to 6,000 years or 6 billion? Just curious. As for sex ed, yeah, it's a GREAT idea to teach kids that sex outside of marriage is dangerous and immoral. It worked out so well for Sarah Palin. And Rush Limbaugh. And Ann Coulter. And Newt Gingrich. And Shirley Phelps Roper. Etc...

Yes, I read the link posted above. I fail to see how letting trans people use whichever restroom they want is a problem. I'm a former educator and have one kid in FCPS presently and two who will enroll in a few years' time when they're older. It is not a concern for me as a parent or former school employee. I attended HB-Woodlawn as a high school student and this was the unofficial school policy at the time and it was a non-issue for everyone then and still is unless something has changed. No harm was done to anyone.

Posted by: yvLv6 ()
Date: May 07, 2015 11:45AM

^^ I guess you're just smarter, wiser and know better than everyone else.^^

Posted by: JimTucker ()
Date: May 07, 2015 11:49AM

Hmmm1 Wrote:
> So, how old would you say Andrea Lafferty thinks
> the Earth is? Closer to 6,000 years or 6 billion?
> Just curious. As for sex ed, yeah, it's a GREAT
> idea to teach kids that sex outside of marriage is
> dangerous and immoral. It worked out so well for
> Sarah Palin. And Rush Limbaugh. And Ann Coulter.
> And Newt Gingrich. And Shirley Phelps Roper.
> Etc...
>
> Yes, I read the link posted above. I fail to see
> how letting trans people use whichever restroom
> they want is a problem. I'm a former educator and
> have one kid in FCPS presently and two who will
> enroll in a few years' time when they're older.
> It is not a concern for me as a parent or former
> school employee. I attended HB-Woodlawn as a high
> school student and this was the unofficial school
> policy at the time and it was a non-issue for
> everyone then and still is unless something has
> changed. No harm was done to anyone.

Did you read the examples in the PDF which had nothing to do with restrooms?

Date: May 07, 2015 11:54AM

Nah, but I'm smarter and wiser than Lafferty, that's for damn sure. Also, since I did share bathroom space with the gays and the transfolk and had (OH THE HORROR!!!) premartial sex and still managed to grow up happy and have a successful life, just like the majority of H-B alums who did so, I'm going to say her logic is deeply flawed.

Posted by: Cobb Salad ()
Date: May 07, 2015 12:02PM

Remember there are no chicks with dicks, only men with tits. Words to live by...

Posted by: Ballsy ()
Date: May 07, 2015 12:07PM

Hmmm1 Wrote:
> So, how old would you say Andrea Lafferty thinks
> the Earth is? Closer to 6,000 years or 6 billion?
> Just curious. As for sex ed, yeah, it's a GREAT
> idea to teach kids that sex outside of marriage is
> dangerous and immoral. It worked out so well for
> Sarah Palin. And Rush Limbaugh. And Ann Coulter.
> And Newt Gingrich. And Shirley Phelps Roper.
> Etc...
>
> Yes, I read the link posted above. I fail to see
> how letting trans people use whichever restroom
> they want is a problem. I'm a former educator and
> have one kid in FCPS presently and two who will
> enroll in a few years' time when they're older.
> It is not a concern for me as a parent or former
> school employee. I attended HB-Woodlawn as a high
> school student and this was the unofficial school
> policy at the time and it was a non-issue for
> everyone then and still is unless something has
> changed. No harm was done to anyone.

WTF does the age of the earth have to do with people not being able to figure out what's between their legs and the correct bathroom to use? You're such a moron.

Posted by: Ying Ko ()
Date: May 07, 2015 12:13PM

What's the big deal about unisex bathrooms? The only disadvantages I can think of women take so long to do their business and use up all the toilet paper. Many a time I've been at a club and I've found a woman in the men's room because the line was so long at the women's room.

Posted by: Janitor ()
Date: May 07, 2015 12:15PM

Ying Ko Wrote:
> What's the big deal about unisex bathrooms? The
> only disadvantages I can think of women take so
> long to do their business and use up all the
> toilet paper. Many a time I've been at a club and
> I've found a woman in the men's room because the
> line was so long at the women's room.

In all seriousness that's valid question and good idea. I'm amazed at how many restaurants you go to and they have one restroom marked Men and one marked Women yet both are single seaters.

Just retrofit all FCPS bathrooms to be single seaters and be done with it.

Posted by: dinner meeting tonight ()
Date: May 07, 2015 12:17PM

There will be a dinner meeting tonight for all FCPS senior personnel and the School Board at Sea Pearl in Mosaic District at 5pm to discuss this issue. Use of the county credit cards is authorized. Come hungry.

Posted by: Wetback Barback ()
Date: May 07, 2015 12:17PM

Open bar?

Posted by: Jackie Fisher (formerly "Jake") ()
Date: May 07, 2015 12:36PM

There is more issues to this than just use of bathrooms.

When "Mr. Jake, let it shake, Fisher" the history teacher decides to come out with his alto ego lifstyle of crossdressing in front of his class ... see what happens then.

He will be protected under this rule and will be able to strut everywhere with his stuffed D cups .... There's nothing wrong with that, then he begins to use the adult ladies room .. nothing wrong with that either ... then he begins to take extra long in the mirror, per chance to catch a glimpse through the cracks in the stall at Mrs. Johnson ... She catches him looking and reports it ... but it's Jake's, (now "Jackie") word against Mrs. Johnson's ... Mrs. Johnson becomes known as a "hater" and "intolerant" .. now Jackie is scared and is looking for ways to get Mrs. Johnson fired, for fear she will retaliate ...

You all don't think this kind of scenario can happen?
It's happened already as my work place ... a large corporation, office building in DC.
A can of worms it is.

Say His to Jackie
Attachments:
clubbing-outfit-ideas-for-bigger-girls-112.jpg

Date: May 07, 2015 12:37PM

Ballsy Wrote:
> Hmmm1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So, how old would you say Andrea Lafferty
> thinks
> > the Earth is? Closer to 6,000 years or 6
> billion?
> > Just curious. As for sex ed, yeah, it's a GREAT
> > idea to teach kids that sex outside of marriage
> is
> > dangerous and immoral. It worked out so well
> for
> > Sarah Palin. And Rush Limbaugh. And Ann Coulter.
>
> > And Newt Gingrich. And Shirley Phelps Roper.
> > Etc...
> >
> > Yes, I read the link posted above. I fail to
> see
> > how letting trans people use whichever restroom
> > they want is a problem. I'm a former educator
> and
> > have one kid in FCPS presently and two who will
> > enroll in a few years' time when they're older.
>
> > It is not a concern for me as a parent or
> former
> > school employee. I attended HB-Woodlawn as a
> high
> > school student and this was the unofficial
> school
> > policy at the time and it was a non-issue for
> > everyone then and still is unless something has
> > changed. No harm was done to anyone.
>
> WTF does the age of the earth have to do with
> people not being able to figure out what's between
> their legs and the correct bathroom to use? You're
> such a moron.

No, a moron is someone who believes that Andrea Laffery's organization is in any way qualified to give advice about what's best for FCPS. Also, if you believe that what's between someone's legs is solely responsible for determining gender identity, then you need to read up on the subject further.

Posted by: uutNj ()
Date: May 07, 2015 01:31PM

If you are concerned about this issue, please show up at the board meeting tonight @ Jackson middle school on Gallows Road @ Gate House Road.

The meeting starts @ 7 PM.

Posted by: Office of da Super ()
Date: May 07, 2015 04:24PM

Transgender-Restrooms.jpg

New signs for FCPS school bathrooms. Don't worry about the costs, we'll just add it to the $100 million we're already short.

XOXO

- Karen

Posted by: nobrainer ()
Date: May 18, 2015 11:10AM

Newsflash!!!.....if you are unsure of your gender, just look down. If you can't tell from what you see, then take sex ed or just ask your parent....just shaking my head at this one. Have we become so smart that we know nothing?

Posted by: nobrainer ()
Date: May 18, 2015 11:56AM

If there was a "like" button, I'd press it!!! LOL

Posted by: Vote out Ryan McElveen ()
Date: May 18, 2015 12:02PM

I got the brochure for "Adult and Community Education" which describes a lot of really useful classes such as "Beach House Brunch" (like so many of us have beach houses). It is taught at Ryan McElveen's hangout, Marshall High School. I am surprised is not teaching a class or two himself.

"Effective Strategies for Ignoring Voter Concerns"

"Combining Business and Pleasure on the Conference Circuit"

"Transsexual Identity Issues"

"Using the School Board as a Stepping Stone to Higher Office"

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.