HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Scam in parking lot at Walmart Fair Lakes
Posted by: FredC ()
Date: April 01, 2015 11:00AM

Had a young guy come up to me in a hurry in fatigues in the Walmart parking lot in Fairlakes. First he asked if I was a veteran then he said he had car trouble. Quickly flashed me some money and said if I could help him out. Showed me a quick scar he had from the military. Maybe a knifing in his neighborhood. Took him no money. He went off quickly. He could have had a weapon on him. Careful for these scammers with warm weather coming.

Watch out for this guy!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scam in parking lot at Walmart Fair Lakes
Posted by: April Fools ()
Date: April 01, 2015 11:01AM

Great description of lies

Posted by: pondering ()
Date: April 01, 2015 11:03AM

FredC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Had a young guy come up to me in a hurry in
> fatigues in the Walmart parking lot in Fairlakes.
> First he asked if I was a veteran then he said he
> had car trouble. Quickly flashed me some money and
> said if I could help him out. Showed me a quick
> scar he had from the military. Maybe a knifing in
> his neighborhood. Took him no money. He went off
> quickly. He could have had a weapon on him.
> Careful for these scammers with warm weather
> coming.
>
> Watch out for this guy!

pondering-retard.jpg

Date: April 01, 2015 11:07AM

No April Fools. Think the guy was a drug addict.

Posted by: Blinker Cat ()
Date: April 01, 2015 11:22AM

FredC Wrote:
> Had a young guy come up to me in a hurry in
> fatigues in the Walmart parking lot in Fairlakes.
> First he asked if I was a veteran then he said he
> had car trouble. Quickly flashed me some money and
> said if I could help him out. Showed me a quick
> scar he had from the military. Maybe a knifing in
> his neighborhood. Took him no money. He went off
> quickly. He could have had a weapon on him.
> Careful for these scammers with warm weather
> coming.
>
> Watch out for this guy!

Did CERT write this? CERT, is that you?

Posted by: TwoFacesofMom ()
Date: April 01, 2015 12:11PM

I've had someone come up to me that way at Best Buy. Same shopping center. He "just needed money for the bus" or something. It was believable at the moment but after he left, I knew it was a scam. That time I had no cash on me so he went away empty-handed but now that I'm thinking about it, that has happened to me twice before. Once at Giant on Jermantown & 50. I totally believed him and gave him like $5 and until just now never doubted. The other time was at Burlington and the panhandler made a serious mistake which almost cost him his life. Not really, but I freaked the hell out of him. His mistake: It was dark when he approached me at a fast pace from across the parking lot. I went balistic for his shear stupidity. I didn't give him a chance to say a word. He ran away faster than he came at me.

Posted by: CERTainly 35463 ()
Date: April 01, 2015 12:13PM

CERT no write THAT! CERT dont OOOOH writet nonsence! CERT only wite on EMERGENCY TOPIC! CERT suggest you call POLICE when see scammer with SCARS...posibly DANGEROUS!

You have FALL DOWM BOOM! ARAKKK! Building, that COLAPS, then you call CERT!

DUNK TAPE? Check!

CERT saves LIVES!

Posted by: theresalsothoseotherguys ()
Date: April 10, 2015 01:21AM

There's also those gypsies that stand around with their young kids asking for money. All scammers. I don't pay any of them a dime! If they are able to stand at an intersection in clean clothes and a damn $100+ stroller, they're good.

Posted by: Lurkin since 2008 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 01:33AM

CERTainly 35463 Wrote:
> CERT no write THAT! CERT dont OOOOH writet
> nonsence! CERT only wite on EMERGENCY TOPIC!
> CERT suggest you call POLICE when see scammer with
> SCARS...posibly DANGEROUS!
>
> You have FALL DOWM BOOM! ARAKKK! Building, that
> COLAPS, then you call CERT!
>
> DUNK TAPE? Check!
>
> CERT saves LIVES!

Cert you're back! Miss ya man!

Date: April 10, 2015 07:31AM

Despite everyone's skepticism I am the original poster FredC. I know many won't believe me but I have no reason to lie and I have no idea who CERT is, nope.

Just posted many original encounter with this peddler and asked for opinions.
That's all I can tell you. Next time I will tell this guy I am with the ONI/DOD and see how fast he scoots away.

FredC

Posted by: Loose Change ()
Date: April 10, 2015 09:22AM

I had a girl outside of 7-11 ask me for money. I gave her 50 cents and she got all pissed. I just walked away saying nothing.

If people beg you for money give them some loose change from your pocket.

Posted by: change guy ()
Date: April 10, 2015 09:38AM

Loose Change Wrote:
> I had a girl outside of 7-11 ask me for money. I
> gave her 50 cents and she got all pissed. I just
> walked away saying nothing.
>
> If people beg you for money give them some loose
> change from your pocket.

Guaranteed opiate or coke addict. Anyone who is genuinely in need would never turn down 75 cents in quarters. I've given to those guys a number of times, always change maybe a dollar or two at the most

Never really understood it, you've lowered yourself to the point where you're begging for money outside of a 7-11 and you're still being picky

Posted by: Mamacita ()
Date: April 10, 2015 10:08AM

I simply my follow the rule that I don't talk to strangers.

I'm a chick and very easily startled. If you approach me and startle me, I will not talk to you. We've already started off on the wrong foot.

If I see you coming (and this happens at the Pan Am Safeway parking lot, and recently in the Fast Eddies/Bowl America/Fairfax Circle/near Lamb Center lot, I will tell you to walk away from me or, hand out my charity's business card.

Sometimes, I'm a real bitch and tell them that in this area, there's help available and that no one needs to be out approaching strangers and putting the,selves at risk ...and hand them the charity card.

Never, ever gotten a phone call from one of these beggars. What does that tell you?

If you feel like you have to give these roving panhandlers something, scrawl out the phone number to the Lamb Center or social services or a food pantry or shelter and hand that out to the person.

Posted by: Mamacita Again ()
Date: April 10, 2015 10:13AM

Back to say that area churches, yes, churches have to deal with roving panhandlers, too. It's a major problem and has gotten so problematic that churches call each other to see if the particular grifter has been helped that day or recently. One guy was going around collecting gift cards from area churches and had amassed hundreds of dollars this way.

Churches no longer keep cash on hand for drop ins and have gone to cards. Panhandlers quickly caught on and the churches reduced the gift card denominations. Still, a part time job for some of the motivated and mobile money grabbers.

Posted by: scott turfbuilder ()
Date: April 10, 2015 08:28PM

These are gypsies. Usually found at the first of the month in areas populated by elderly people or retired military. They often approach the old folks just as they are trying to get out of their cars. The people are frightened into giving them something so they can just get away. Place to watch out for are Giant in Annandale, Springfield Giant near Backlick and Old Keene Mill. Also look out for older blond in the Shoppers food parking lot in seven corners. She drives a late model black Chevy Malibu with MD tags. She is there nearly every day sometimes working with a 50-60 y.o. black guy. She stays in the car but pulls up to older folks with some sob story in need of cash to get back home. Tell you parents and friends to just say no. Let the store managers know. Take their picture, scare them off. Guaranteed it's money for drugs.

Date: April 10, 2015 10:28PM

See, as the op on this thread I brought forward some good ideas and suggestions on what to do. Much appreciated. Not even on this site is BS.
FredC

Posted by: Commuter ()
Date: April 10, 2015 11:58PM

This area is full of people panhandling. Every evening at Vienna Metro there are at least 3 people with signs asking for money. I have even been solicited while riding the Metro train. They get on and go from car to car. This one woman I see quite frequently asks people to buy her something to eat. If you say nothing she calls you a bitch. There are also people who asks for some money for their Metro ticket. This constant badgering just drives me crazy.

Posted by: Cy ()
Date: April 11, 2015 07:44PM

You folks should thank These bums and give them money. If there were no needy people you wouldn't be able to practice charity and would not be able to get good Karma. If there were no needy people, you might not make it to Heaven. In the East begging is an honorable profession. Remember... It's your good intentions and not whether the beggar is legit or not. If the beggar isn't legit, he or she will rot a little longer in Hell. You'll still get the good Karma for your doing good.

Posted by: rusky ()
Date: April 12, 2015 11:38AM

Sounds like a gypsy, they are more common over in Russia and Europe. I see them often over in Fairfax at the Pickett rd shopping center. They stand out there with their kids, dirty fuckers. Don't give those cockroaches a penny. I have also been approached by gypsies about getting a dent fixed on my car, they wanted to remove a dent for free in the parking lot. Their inbred ugly gypsy faces were the first sign that it's a complete scam.

I'm not sure about here, but back home they will steal anything not bolted down and pick pocket you if they get the chance. We let them freeze and starve to death, gypsies are the scum of the earth.

Posted by: yJCKU ()
Date: April 13, 2015 08:26AM

Posted by: pnxjX ()
Date: April 13, 2015 10:04AM

I had a teenage girl at that Walmart offer me sex for gas money. She was cute but kind of chubby. If I hadn't just banged my GF that morning I might have took the bait. Her car couldn't have held more than 15-18 gals of gas. 18 x $2.30 = $41 to fuck a teen...not bad.

Posted by: uFdVV ()
Date: April 13, 2015 07:58PM

Scam in Walmart Fair Lakes?

I don't know, was Obama there?

Posted by: yep, they're gypsies ()
Date: April 13, 2015 09:23PM

ripping people off during the day, and ripping off any apartment building or landlord naive enough to rent them a place.

Search the Fairfax district court database for "Marks", "Kaslov", or "Demetro" and see how many unlawful detainer cases there are. Just crazy. Yeah, don't give these gypsy crooks a dime.

Posted by: scott turfbuilder ()
Date: April 22, 2015 10:45PM

The blond in the black Monte Carlo w/MD tags was in the Oakton Giant parking lot 4/22. She was pretty upset by the rejection by a lady entering the CVS. Same M.O. stops in the crosswalk so the victim has no choice but to talk to her. Same sob story needs money to make it back to MD. Keep a look out for her. Has anyone else seen her?

My advice just say no and keep walking.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.