HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Zaya ()
Date: January 21, 2014 02:08PM

Hey, does anyone know where I could find an old cemetery that's relatively unknown? I want one that's like hidden way out in the woods or something. The closer to 22032 the better, but I'm willing to travel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Epmd ()
Date: January 21, 2014 02:10PM

Why? Digging for gold?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Blenheim ()
Date: January 21, 2014 02:10PM

There's a cool Civil War cemetary at Blenheim in the City of Fairfax off Old Lee Highway. We used to play in it all the time as kids

Options: ReplyQuote
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: January 21, 2014 02:23PM

­



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2014 05:23PM by chuckhoffmann.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Zaya ()
Date: January 21, 2014 02:45PM

Could you expand upon that please?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Dan the Weatherman ()
Date: January 21, 2014 02:49PM

You can use my house's backyard!

give me a call: 7034889340, we can negotiate this through phone :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Fmr. Oakton Resident ()
Date: January 21, 2014 03:29PM

When I went to Oakton High School in the late 1980's there was a family cemetery where the parking garage on the north side of the Vienna Metro now exists. I have always wondered if they moved it, or just bulldozed it under. The cemetery consisted of several adults and three or four very young children. One of the graves had been dug into and turned into a burrow for some type of animal. Have looked online, to include the resources listed above, but have never been able to find any listing of the cemetery. Pretty sad, but I have to think the developer turned a blind eye and just plowed over the tombstones.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: jeffs345 ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:46PM

off woodburn rd in woods buy playing fields

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Dig deep ()
Date: January 21, 2014 07:12PM

There are many but they are hard to find as they are underground..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: January 21, 2014 07:55PM

Fmr. Oakton Resident Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I went to Oakton High School in the late
> 1980's there was a family cemetery where the
> parking garage on the north side of the Vienna
> Metro now exists. I have always wondered if they
> moved it, or just bulldozed it under. The
> cemetery consisted of several adults and three or
> four very young children. One of the graves had
> been dug into and turned into a burrow for some
> type of animal. Have looked online, to include
> the resources listed above, but have never been
> able to find any listing of the cemetery. Pretty
> sad, but I have to think the developer turned a
> blind eye and just plowed over the tombstones.

North side? I thought that was the older garage, and the one on the south side was newer. Or am I turned around?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: this thread is gay ()
Date: January 21, 2014 08:39PM

Guess your supply of dead bodies to fuck is running low huh?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Get a room ()
Date: January 21, 2014 08:58PM

There is one in Herndon that is somewhat hidden, but not in the woods. Located on the grounds of the Marriott at Worldgate. If you dig her up, you won't have to drag her very far.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Fmr. Oakton Resident ()
Date: January 21, 2014 09:27PM

Greybeard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fmr. Oakton Resident Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > When I went to Oakton High School in the late
> > 1980's there was a family cemetery where the
> > parking garage on the north side of the Vienna
> > Metro now exists. I have always wondered if
> they
> > moved it, or just bulldozed it under. The
> > cemetery consisted of several adults and three
> or
> > four very young children. One of the graves
> had
> > been dug into and turned into a burrow for some
> > type of animal. Have looked online, to include
> > the resources listed above, but have never been
> > able to find any listing of the cemetery.
> Pretty
> > sad, but I have to think the developer turned a
> > blind eye and just plowed over the tombstones.
>
> North side? I thought that was the older garage,
> and the one on the south side was newer. Or am I
> turned around?

Yep, the north side. Basically at the intersection of Virginia Center Drive and Vaden Drive. It was only 30 ft or so into the woods. There was also a homeless dude who had a camp right around there. He had quite the setup. He would put out traps for squirrels and other small prey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Centreville ()
Date: January 21, 2014 09:36PM

Along the fence behind the strip mall - Pickwick Square Shopping Center - surrounded by an ornate cast iron fence. Very overgrown, but there's about 3-4 or more graves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: January 21, 2014 10:01PM

Fmr. Oakton Resident Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep, the north side. Basically at the
> intersection of Virginia Center Drive and Vaden
> Drive. It was only 30 ft or so into the woods.
> There was also a homeless dude who had a camp
> right around there. He had quite the setup. He
> would put out traps for squirrels and other small
> prey.

OK, I'm NOT picking a fight, just trying to figure this out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna_%28WMATA_station%29 implies the station was completed by 1986, which is what I (think I) remember. Could you mean early 80s?

Options: ReplyQuote
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: January 22, 2014 12:06AM

­



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2014 05:23PM by chuckhoffmann.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: January 22, 2014 12:10AM

Better question is where are all the dumping grounds for bodies? I bet there are a few spots where MS-13 and serial killers throw their victims' corpses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Pine Ridge ()
Date: January 22, 2014 02:20AM

There is one hidden in the woods behind the soccer fields at Pine Ridge Park off of Woodburn Road. Follow the small that is blocked off by the soccer field. Walk into the woods about a 100 yards and you will see the grave sites. I believe its a family pot of ex-slaves that owned the property ir something like that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Tower Shopper ()
Date: January 22, 2014 02:36AM

There's a tiny cemetary right next to Landmark Plaza, the shopping center near Landmark Mall. We got high there a time or two waiting for a friend to get off work at the Tower Records that used to be there.
Attachments:
deadpeople.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: pL6v4 ()
Date: January 22, 2014 07:52AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: GraveDigger ()
Date: January 25, 2014 11:05AM

Here are the Springfield Cemeteries from the Fairfax site

FX035 CLARK'S CHAPEL BAPTIST CHURCH Springfield 7520 Rolling Rd., Springfield, Va.
FX037 SYDENSTRICKER UNITED METHODIST CHURCH Springfield 8507 Hooes Rd., Springfield, Va.
FX051 BRODERS FAMILY Springfield 6600 Elder Ave., Springfield, Va.
FX111 KEENE FAMILY Springfield East Side of Silvervine Ln., Springfield, Va.
FX112 COVERT FAMILY Springfield 7105/7107 Bonniemill Ln., Springfield, Va
FX116 UNNAMED - LOVINGSTON CIRCLE Springfield 6363 Lincolnia Rd., Springfield, Va.
FX160 HALL/SUTHERLAND FAMILY Springfield 8207 Ridge Rd., Springfield, Va.
FX161 HALL FAMILY Springfield Edgar Woods Ln., Springfield, Va
FX193 UNNAMED - ROLLING RD. Springfield Rolling Rd. & Donegal Ln., Springfield, Va.
FX194 GRIMESLEY FAMILY Springfield 7518 Chancellor Way, Springfield, Va.
FX220 HALL FAMILY Springfield 7014 & 7016 Galgate Dr., Springfield, Va.
FX322 BARKER FAMILY Springfield 6628 Holford Ln., Springfield, Va.
FX339 DEAVERS FAMILY Springfield Sydenstricker Rd & Hooes Rd., Springfield, Va
FX400 BACKLICK BAPTIST CHURCH Springfield Near the intersection of Backlick Road and Indusrial Drive
FX408 FITZHUGH Springfield 800 feet east of Frontier Drive; 800 feet north of Spring Mall Road., Springfield

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: shayla ()
Date: January 25, 2022 06:22PM

I have been living in this neighborhood for 10+ years now and today I just discovered that there is a cemetery a few houses down from me. The cemetery is called the Barker Family Cemetery and is located at 6628 Holford Lane
Springfield, Virginia USA. I found a mole in my backyard and decided to let it free in the woods, but when i was about to enter the woods i saw a sign on a tree stating Barker Family Cemetery where there are 26 bodies but only 5 are known.
please let me know if this helps!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden Cemeteries in Fairfax County
Posted by: Bob bitchin ()
Date: January 26, 2022 05:29AM

Fountain head regional park

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **    **  **    **   ******   **    **  **     ** 
 ***   **  **   **   **    **   **  **    **   **  
 ****  **  **  **    **          ****      ** **   
 ** ** **  *****     **           **        ***    
 **  ****  **  **    **           **       ** **   
 **   ***  **   **   **    **     **      **   **  
 **    **  **    **   ******      **     **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.