HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Re: Schoeneman To Donate $20k Pay Raise?
Posted by: Curmudgeon ()
Date: March 06, 2015 04:20PM

school board is doing the same thing.

7 years of drastic budget cuts and class size increases so why not DOUBLE OUR SALARIES.

vote out all the incumbent school board members.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Ghost of Ronald Reagan ()
Date: March 06, 2015 04:21PM

Much Respect.

Got out in front of this issue. And got it right.

Posted by: Lucky Citizens ()
Date: March 06, 2015 04:28PM

But you don't get it. WE are the lucky ones who benefit because these great people SACRIFICE their time to SERVE.

Now those teachers and other county employees who don't like the pay, they should go pack their bags and find a new job.

But these great pillars of the community, elected to office by their legions of supporters, shouldn't have to accept subpar compensation for their great service to the us.

Thank you politicians. You do so much, for so little, and the uneducated among us tend to forget that.

Posted by: Voters. ()
Date: March 06, 2015 04:33PM

I want to see the receipts.

Posted by: I vote for my raise ()
Date: March 06, 2015 04:57PM

Brian, why so quiet on this one? Shouldn't a higher division decide whether they get a pay raise or not? And what could they have possibly done to justify a 20K pay increase?

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: March 06, 2015 05:08PM

Not really anybody higher to make the decision. I don't support it, which is why I will donate the raise to four community groups if I win.

Posted by: Voters. ()
Date: March 06, 2015 05:50PM

You're only doing this to get elected not because it's the "right thing" to do. And I have no issue with that but, let's keep to the facts here, B-Schoen.

And don't forget to post the receipts here on FU once you've actually paid for those votes....errrrr, I mean "made the donation".

Date: March 06, 2015 06:08PM

I'm doing it because I'm not a hypocrite. I can't very well oppose the pay increase without doing something about it. And I will be happy to post everything here next year.

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: March 06, 2015 08:22PM

Hey Brian, Nice shot. do you distance yourself from real conservatives voters for a reason? Are you throwing a big net so you can catch what you can without making a big stand for something? RINO comes to mind, union supporter, is that why you oppose Walker?

Date: March 06, 2015 08:54PM

I don't distance myself from anybody. I tell people what I think, and I've never been shy about it. If I never took a stand on anything, folks who think I'm trying to "distance myself from real conservatives" (whatever that means) wouldn't have cause to think that, would they?

Walker is not my first choice for president, and it's the way he went about doing his job that concerns me, not what he did.

If you want to know what I stand for, check out the issues statements on my website. Then try finding anything comparable from any of my opponents, Republican or Democrat.

That's what I stand for - letting people know what I think and what I will do. If you don't like what I think or what I intend to do, so be it.

Date: March 06, 2015 09:44PM

Fair enough answer I think, Are you pro union? loaded question, I know. Why do you not like Scott Walker? He is a bad ass, in a bad land. He is a union buster, Gov. three time winner in demland, whats not to like about him?

Date: March 06, 2015 09:55PM

Yes, I'm a labor Republican.

Walker's not my first choice because I think his style is unnecessarily confrontational. There are times to fight, but you can often get things done without needing to throw punches. I prefer that because it causes less drama and still gets the job done. Had he been less confrontational, they could have skipped the recall - which I opposed - and just let him govern.

If he's the nominee, he'll get my support, but he's not my first choice. Not sure if I have a first choice yet. Still early.

Posted by: official ffxu outing ()
Date: March 06, 2015 10:03PM

Outing the poster : BrianSchoeneman

I found out his personal info, this is an offical outing*****

First name : Brian

Last name : Schoeneman

Picture :

171462_493656635862_686855862_6644261_20

This outing has been brought to you by krogers

kroger2.jpg81XW6MEMsmL._SL290_.jpg

Date: March 06, 2015 10:09PM

Busted.

Posted by: Will the illegals vote for you ()
Date: March 07, 2015 06:40AM

Hey Schoeneman, you generally favor amnesties... oh not amnesties,small fine that can be waived by Obama is not an amnesty... Did you learn anything from your voter fraud investigation? Perhaps that illegals vote? It is hilarious to hear people say that illegals won't vote. What will they not do that is illegal?

Date: March 07, 2015 07:17AM

Will the illegals vote for you Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Schoeneman, you generally favor amnesties...
> oh not amnesties,small fine that can be waived by
> Obama is not an amnesty... Did you learn anything
> from your voter fraud investigation? Perhaps that
> illegals vote? It is hilarious to hear people say
> that illegals won't vote. What will they not do
> that is illegal?

My stance on immigration is on the website. I do not know the outcome of the voter fraud investigation. It was still on-going when I left the Electoral Board.

Posted by: Undergrounded ()
Date: March 07, 2015 08:19AM

Hey Brian --

Thanks for keeping cool and answering the questions posted on FFXU. I'm not sure why many posters feel they need to be rude or aggressive -- but via your responses and positions you are drawing a fan club from many FFXU viewers.

Posted by: Remind me ()
Date: March 07, 2015 11:13AM

Schoeneman--

Did your investigation turn up illegal aliens voting? Give a link to what you found.

Posted by: J6yjC ()
Date: March 07, 2015 12:56PM

OUR , WE

who is that ? dont be talking for me. you don't know shit about me.

Posted by: xvtck ()
Date: March 07, 2015 12:59PM

is it true that it's illegal or userous for grocery stores to put big mark up on food they didn't make or grow ?

or to offer "discount depots" for gov workers paying cash (who are paid 3x infact) while private citizens pay credit pay 2x MORE for the same grocery cart ?

is it not a scam to stalk the poor ?

Date: March 07, 2015 01:08PM

Remind me Wrote:
> Schoeneman--
>
> Did your investigation turn up illegal aliens
> voting? Give a link to what you found.

No - we found 17 voters who appeared to have voted in both Maryland and Virginia in 2012.

Here's the release we did on it. http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/news/2014/voter-fraud-investigation.htm

I do not have the results of the law enforcement investigation.

Date: March 07, 2015 08:37PM

Gerrymanderer2 was ten of them. Obama stole an election, the Chicago way.

Posted by: Your man Walker ()
Date: March 07, 2015 10:44PM

Schoeneman...you say you are supporting Walker for Prez... he just announced that he does not support illegal immigration amnesties.... That he was wrong for doing so. You sure you want to support this guy? Or did you learn something from that slimy Eric Cantor's defeat? You need to bullshit enough to get people to vote for you then turn comprehensive immigration reform on em once elected, right?

You GOP establishment types had better realize that people are completely sick of immigration and you had better start enforcing the law and dropping the bullshit about amnesties.

Posted by: Brian knows ()
Date: March 07, 2015 10:55PM

Brian, just tell em the truth. There is no indication of vote fraud and stop being sore losers that want to rig elections.

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: March 08, 2015 05:48AM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2015 09:33AM by chuckhoffmann.

Date: March 08, 2015 08:33AM

Your man Walker Wrote:
> Schoeneman...you say you are supporting Walker for
> Prez... he just announced that he does not support
> illegal immigration amnesties.... That he was
> wrong for doing so. You sure you want to support
> this guy? Or did you learn something from that
> slimy Eric Cantor's defeat? You need to bullshit
> enough to get people to vote for you then turn
> comprehensive immigration reform on em once
> elected, right?
>
> You GOP establishment types had better realize
> that people are completely sick of immigration and
> you had better start enforcing the law and
> dropping the bullshit about amnesties.

No, I said that he wasn't my first choice but that I would support him if he became the nominee. I'm a Republican, so I support all our nominees, even the ones I don't personally like.

I don't support amnesty either, so I'm not sure why Walker's stance on that issue would somehow impact me. As for the rest, I'm not running for Congress, so I can't impact immigration reform at all.

Date: March 08, 2015 08:44AM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
> Brian,
>
> I understand you disagree with the pay raise, but
> I'm not exactly sure why.
>
> Although technically a part-time job, it seems to
> me that being a member of the BoS really requires
> almost full-time attention in a county as large as
> Fairfax.
>
> Considering how much work is involved in running
> the county, the salary increase doesn't really
> seem out of line for Fairfax County.

It's a question of resources, Chuck. These $20k raises don't represent just an additional $200k to the budget. They have pension and benefit implications that will cost far more over the long term than just the $20k increase.

It's less a question of whether the salary is out of line with the county - it isn't, and there are hundreds of County employees who make far more - but rather its a question about priorities.

At a time when we've got budget issues that are requiring us to do things we don't want to do like reducing services, and at a time where taxes are still going up (even when we don't increase the residential property tax rate), I don't think it's a good allocation of resources to give the Board a raise. I've heard all the arguments in favor - we can only do it in an election year, it's not a big raise if you amortize it over four years, etc - but I still think it sends the wrong message. If the County wasn't in a tough budget environment, it would be different. But we are and that's why I think the raise is a bad idea.

You're right about the part-time vs. full-time, but at the same time, most elected offices in Virginia are considered part-time - Delegates, Senators, the Lieutenant Governor, School Board, Soil and Water, and BoS are all considered part time jobs.
I'm a firm believer in Parkinson's Law - work will expand to fill the time alloted to it. If you take a part-time job and make it full-time, there will be enough work to do to make it full-time. And vice versa. The BoS members have pretty good sized staff that help to do the work.

I think it's important for part-time elected officials to do something else to keep them grounded. Having a job in the private sector - even one like mine - helps get you out into the community in a different way than being in office. I wish more folks would do it. Right now, only 2 of the 10 members have jobs outside of government.

Posted by: Blooming Funions ()
Date: March 08, 2015 09:02AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Your man Walker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Schoeneman...you say you are supporting Walker
> for
> > Prez... he just announced that he does not
> support
> > illegal immigration amnesties.... That he was
> > wrong for doing so. You sure you want to
> support
> > this guy? Or did you learn something from that
> > slimy Eric Cantor's defeat? You need to
> bullshit
> > enough to get people to vote for you then turn
> > comprehensive immigration reform on em once
> > elected, right?
> >
> > You GOP establishment types had better realize
> > that people are completely sick of immigration
> and
> > you had better start enforcing the law and
> > dropping the bullshit about amnesties.
>
> No, I said that he wasn't my first choice but that
> I would support him if he became the nominee. I'm
> a Republican, so I support all our nominees, even
> the ones I don't personally like.
>
> I don't support amnesty either, so I'm not sure
> why Walker's stance on that issue would somehow
> impact me. As for the rest, I'm not running for
> Congress, so I can't impact immigration reform at
> all.

So what would happen if a Republican white nativist hypothetically won the nomination? They would earn your vote?

Date: March 08, 2015 10:13AM

Unfortunately, that's part of joining a political party. If I take part in the nominating process, I'm honor bound to support the nominee, even if it's somebody I disagree with. Won't be the first time I've had to hold my nose.

In that specific situation, however, I would probably simply not vote for that candidate on the ballot. But I wouldn't vote for his opponent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2015 10:14AM by BrianSchoeneman.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.