HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
VHSL PLAYS FAVORITES
Posted by: FACTS ()
Date: December 28, 2008 07:02AM

ZIMORSKI AND CURRAN DO NOTHING

Who is more corrupt Tom Zimorski VHSL or Bill Curran FCPS? Zimorski looked the other way and let an ineligible football player from Hayfield play for Edison. This is a FACT.

Curran knew all about it and also did nothing. They inforce the rules against people who have no money and no pull. They break the rules for people who have money and have political power.

What a pair? Two cops who do nothing.

If you do not believe me, call either one and have them explain how a player who was ineligible was permitted to play this year for Edison HS?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VHSL PLAYS FAVORITES
Posted by: Hayfield Dad ()
Date: December 28, 2008 02:05PM

My kid had to sit for the whole year. How much did they pay Tom Zimorski from the VHSL in order to get the below ruling?

UPDATED: Penalties — But No Forfeits — Handed Down to Edison

The Eagles will not have to forfeit any victories after being found in violation of a VHSL rule

Published: 10/15/2008

Murphy and Angela Watts
DigitalSports.com

Edison High School’s athletic department has confirmed that the school was found to have inadvertently violated a Virginia High School League rule that made one of its players ineligible for several games.

The Eagles self-reported the violation to the state.

THIS IS NOT TRUE, HAYFIELD HS REPORTED THEM TO THE VHSL

Accordingly, the VHSL assigned penalties to the school that include a formal letter of warning, a $1,000 fine and a requirement to submit a plan-of-action to show how it will prevent such incidents in the future.

But the Eagles, who are undefeated on the season at 7-0 overall and 4-0 in the National District, will not have to forfeit any of their victories, and the player in question will remain on the team for the remainder of the season.

“Our principal came to practice and told our players that they didn’t have to forfeit games,” longtime Edison Coach Vaughn Lewis said on Wednesday. “They were really happy. And I was happy for them. They didn’t do anything wrong. Since the kids weren’t involved — which was the situation — we were really happy that this came down that way. Because the kids didn’t do anything wrong and [forfeiture] would have cost them.”

Edison is the top-rated team in Division 5 in the Northern Region by the VHSL’s rating system that determines playoff seeding. The Eagles currently have a rating of 30.0 — second best in the state to Phoebus — while defending Division 5 state champion Stone Bridge, which is also unbeaten this season, holds a rating of 28.6.

“As soon as we found out there was a violation — or potential violation — we reported it to the state,” said Lewis, whose team has appeared in the past three Northern Region Division 5 championship games. “We let our kids know right away and let the player know there was a possibility of having to forfeit games. Any time you report yourself to the state, there’s that possibility.

“We didn’t feel like he was ineligible according to the guidelines. But the state guidelines and the county guidelines are totally different. It was just miscommunication between adults. I’m glad they found the way they did because we felt the kids shouldn’t have been punished. We’re happy with just a fine, and we think the VHSL did the right thing.

“Adults make mistakes. We assumed when we shouldn’t have assumed. That’s why we have to come up with a plan to prevent this from happening again.”

Lewis praised his team’s ability to play under the pressure of the ongoing investigation. On Friday, Edison defeated Stuart, 57-6, recording more than 400 yards of offense. A week prior, it knocked out Yorktown, 38-0, on the road.

“They handled it really well,” Lewis said. “Our feeling was, and the team’s feeling was, that we hadn’t done anything wrong. Even if we did have to forfeit the games, in our hearts we knew we were still undefeated. I was very impressed with the maturity of our kids in how they handled it. This team grew closer together through this process.”

IT MUST FEEL GREAT THAT EDISON HAD TO CHEAT IN ORDER TO WIN.

Re: VHSL PLAYS FAVORITES
Posted by: keith greene ()
Date: January 19, 2009 11:30AM

hey dont feel bad because i feel your pain . my son had to sit out a year also .he transferd from herndon to southlakes because herndon didnt have the coures he wanted to take southlakes did ,so we transferd my son to southlakes for the auto tech and so that all my kids can be in the same school together.so my son was denied by bill kerren ,i appealed his denial and went to the district hearing of three principals ,stated my case to them and all three principals agreed that my sons case was exceptoinal.so the the three principals sent there decision to tom zimorski of the vhsl and tom still denied a the wavier of my son.and also there was a kid that transferd to herndon from westfield , because westfeild didnt have the r.o.t.c class . the kid didnt lose his eligibility to play sports. it is a lot of wrong doing going on and we as parentsneed to stand up together and do something about this because it is not fair to the kids that have to suffer.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.