HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Curvy Brides
Posted by: mama ()
Date: January 15, 2014 12:59PM

Anyone got taken by Curvy Brides that was located next to Harris Teeter in Fairfax? Any luck getting your money back?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Curvy Brides
Posted by: Jennifer J. ()
Date: January 15, 2014 01:17PM

I only gave this place a one, because zero is not an option.

Not only did they NOT greet my bridesmaid that was waiting for us. They never even relayed my message to her that I was running a bit late. She sat there and everyone would walk past her and they never offered to assist her. When I walked in the front door, the front older male receptionist was extremely pretentious for a bridal store that is located way out there. He also made a smart comment, that was not funny to me, about running late. He is the one who warned me about traffic, it was pretty bad, on top of that, I informed him that my grandmother had passed away the night before and we were going to attempt to make the appointment regardless. But when i got there, that same receptionist was extremely inattentive. He then passed us to a seamstress that seemed really occupied and tired, who also disappeared. We waited 45 minutes for her to come back and ask us for the purpose of our visit. At that point, I no longer wanted to be there but was patient and asked to look at the swatches. Even then, she left us again. If I knew the staff and this so-called-bridal-boutique was the way it was, I would have never driven an hour and a half to this place. I should have just driven to Manhattan, New York, like I originally planned to, to get the best quality in dresses and staff. One thing this place also needs to remember, is to never judge a book by it's cover. I had many errands to run for my grandmother's funeral and was not dressed to impressed. Maybe if they were smart enough, had the time to assist me, and actually take the time to get to know me, they would realize that they lost a MAJOR client. The customer service is horrible and who would treat their clients like this. Don't waste your time!

Posted by: Caitlyn B. ()
Date: January 15, 2014 01:18PM

I really want to give Curvy Girls Bridal a good review. I really, really do. But I can't.

I went wedding dress shopping last winter and had heard amazing things about Curvy Girls Bridal and their customer service. After stopping by the smaller boutiques in Ashburn and Leesburg, I realized that I needed somewhere like Curvy Girls Bridal. And the customer service when I went for my wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses was awesome. However, unfortunately after those appointments is when it all started to go downhill.

My mother ordered a dress through Curvy Girls Bridal through Forever Yours. My mom kept worrying and worrying about her dress but I kept calling the shop (about once a month) to check on it and they said it was coming and would be delivered based on the wedding date and not to worry.

Well, fast forward to a month before the wedding and we still hadn't heard about my mom's dress. I called and this time the owner answered the phone and I guess she actually looked up our account in the files and realized that Forever Yours as a company shut down and my mother's dress was never to be delivered and NO ONE had called to tell us this. The owner was floored that we hadn't been contacted. She was in obvious shock and she felt terrible. Which is another reason I feel bad leaving this review, but I don't want other people to go through the same thing because this wasn't the last problem we had.

Luckily, the owner of the salon had my mom come into the salon and told her to pick a new dress and they rushed it to deliver it with no problem. The new dress had rhinestones on the top and they started falling off before the wedding day, but there was really nothing we could do at that point.

Then, one of my bridesmaids went in for her fitting and they brought out the wrong dress and convinced her that it was her dress. Finally, she went along with it, confused but trusting that she must have forgotten what the dress she ordered looked like. But then when she went back to pick up the dress, the dress she received was the actual dress she ordered. It was all very confusing and I'm not sure who ever received the other dress.

Finally, the woman who altered my dress was great at alterations, but she was very rude and short with me. I went in to the salon about 6 weeks before my wedding to get my first fitting done, which was suggested to me by all the wedding websites and advice columns... the woman who does the alterations there was upset that I would "wait so long." She also isn't fully affiliated with the shop, so she's very difficult to get a hold of if you want to change your appointment time or something.

So while I loved my initial customer service experience with Curvy Girls Bridal and they did everything right with my wedding dress, I wouldn't risk it again going there. Besides it's closed now.

Posted by: mama ()
Date: January 15, 2014 02:51PM

Curvy Girls Bridal went out of business in October 2013, never calling us to let us know the status of our order, much less the status of our money. No order was placed. They took our money, because we paid in full to get the discount, and no refund. We found out when we called to see where the order was at. Robert Sutton and his wife owned the store. If they start up a bridal dress business, whether it be in a shop or out of their home, I would beware.

Posted by: Dr. Bombay ()
Date: January 15, 2014 03:10PM

Where can i can meet some curry brides?

I just love Indian women? Those sari wraps are delicious to unwrap.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: January 15, 2014 03:14PM

Sounds like a place for fat or pregnant women. They needed Omar the tentmaker.

Posted by: YGTBKM ()
Date: January 15, 2014 04:09PM

"Curvy Brides"

WTF?

Posted by: L0lz ()
Date: January 15, 2014 04:14PM

YGTBKM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Curvy Brides"
>
> WTF?
>
> Real Name: "Fat Bitchy Women marrying Whipped
> Betas"

+1

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: January 15, 2014 04:21PM

I heard they are opening up a Gold Digging Wives soon.

Posted by: Lolz ()
Date: January 16, 2014 07:01AM

496 Wrote:
> I heard they are opening up a Gold Digging Wives
> soon.

Hhahahhahahahahhahahah! +10

Re: Curvy Brides Online
Posted by: Nancy Shott ()
Date: February 23, 2021 03:19AM

The real brides bring glitter and elegance to a wedding, but the grooms can't be left behind. He's a crucial piece of that precious moment as well. Both of the brilliant wedding stars would make the moment a lifetime of remembrance. To the lovely couples, all the best.Learn more at https://mailorderbridesadvisor.com/.

Posted by: Because You Asked ()
Date: February 23, 2021 09:53AM

Priapus Wrote:
> Sounds like a place for fat or pregnant women.
> They needed Omar the tentmaker.
Attachments:
download (9).jpg

Posted by: William Doo ()
Date: March 14, 2021 06:45AM

Hey guys. I'm just in awe of what these 10bbwdatingsites showed me. I am sure that for many there is a good offer for a quick acquaintance. Personally, I love looking for beauties for variety and casual encounters. How are you doing in this moment?

Posted by: fountainpain ()
Date: January 09, 2022 04:06AM

I think that if you are fat, this is not your biggest problem at all. The biggest problem is when you don't have money and don't have a partner at the same time.

Posted by: Alisson ()
Date: January 09, 2022 04:47AM

Absence of money is not the biggest problem in the world either. If you read this https://www.couponannie.com/blog/18-dating-ideas-for-the-budget-conscious/ blog post, you will be able to see, that there are solutions for dating on a budget too. So don't give up my friend and be creative. This is what really helps!

Posted by: Ghauhsvcqcac ()
Date: January 09, 2022 11:32AM

fountainpain Wrote:
> I think that if you are fat, this is not your
> biggest problem at all. The biggest problem is
> when you don't have money and don't have a partner
> at the same time.

Some people have a partner but it’s a short very ugly partner that most people would not fuck for all the tea in China.

Posted by: Can a nigga get some ()
Date: January 09, 2022 07:55PM

fat pussy pictures? Curvy Brides? Where them fat hoes at?
Attachments:
AFA2E728-B8F5-48AC-BC9D-FA57B6FAB4A8.gif
B6365F1F-EB78-4E4D-A736-9762CCA0E6A0.jpeg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.