HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Gun ranges within' an hour of Chantilly?
Posted by: General Custer ()
Date: January 17, 2015 01:42PM

Gentleman, I'm looking for a shooting range where I can shoot targets from distances up to 200, 300 plus yards.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've been to Blue Ride, NRA, and Clarks- but I've got a rifle and it's impossible to miss my target. Just too damn close.

I can't articulate how much I'd appreciate some good input...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gun ranges within' an hour of Chantilly?
Posted by: Uhhhh ()
Date: January 17, 2015 01:58PM

Fairfax rod and gun club. Have to know someone who is a member to get you in though. Or just get on the waiting list for a couple of years.....

Posted by: Mmtuh ()
Date: January 17, 2015 01:58PM

You may be in the wrong spot to ask that question...Moms Demand Anal tend to hang out on this website.

To your question, tho, I know a new range opened up in Gainesville, which supposedly have long distance ranges. I'm too lazy to look it up.

You can also try The Cove, which runs out to 100 yards, with their steel plates. From what I understand, there's no RSO on duty during the week.

Happy shooting.

Posted by: AnalLovingMother ()
Date: January 17, 2015 03:19PM

What's wrong with anal? Nothing like a good cock in my ass I always say...

Posted by: Quantico Marine Corps Base ()
Date: January 17, 2015 07:09PM

You will have to check but they used to allow civilians to shoot on range #1 . Im talking about organized clubs like NRA high power, There ranges go to 600 yrds. The Marines have a 1000 yard range too, but its only for their snipers.

The NRA type clubs are for everone, are cheap and are associated with CMP activities. I use to shoot IHMSA hand gun steel targets there at 50 to 200 yards and it was a cheap pay as you come deal but I think thats gone.

After our matches we watched several Marine matches and a couple inter service matches USA/USMC/USN/USAF/USCG on the good Marine ranges and it was great.

You can also hunt at Quantico Marine base as a civilian but first debs go to Active duty US Military as it should be for the hunting areas. They have a base license you have to get and a safety program you have to do as well.

If your military many more options exist also at Quantico for shooters.

Posted by: ffx steve ()
Date: January 17, 2015 07:13PM

The only ranges in the area that are over 100 yards are Fairfax Rod and Gun in Manassas (300 yards max) and the Quantico Shooting Club (1000 yards max).

Posted by: W3PdT ()
Date: January 17, 2015 07:50PM

Range 82 says they have a 200 yd lane, I've never been. Kind of south of Warrenton
http://www.range82.com/

Posted by: CCXYb ()
Date: January 18, 2015 11:47AM

NRA building

if you sign up for about ?$50 you get "Field and Stream magazine" and can use their indoor gun range for ?$15 or something (or buy ammo there)

probably worth the trip to use an outdoor range if you can

Posted by: bWLjM ()
Date: January 18, 2015 11:47AM

but then you wouldn't get Field and Stream magazine !

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.