HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Homemade pizza: Tony's Fair Lakes sauce and/or dough?
Posted by: Mackwell ()
Date: December 16, 2014 09:10PM

I've been in the mood to put some homemade pizza together on my pizza stone on the Big Green Egg. I really like Pomodoro's pizza sauce, but they don't sell it separately. I called Tony's in Fair Lakes and they sell both their dough ($3.25) and their sauce ($2.50).

Anyone try it for homemade pizzas, or do you simply make your own?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Homemade pizza: Tony's Fair Lakes sauce and/or dough?
Posted by: You Make Your Own Pal! ()
Date: December 16, 2014 09:36PM

See Here https://www.pizzamaking.com/ Now go get it. You can also go to Trader Joes for their fresh Pizza dough, just be advised that when they run out riots have been said to have started!

Take a look at pizzamaking. More then you ever would want to know about pizza making, its a huge web site. There is a thread about quick dough recipies and how to make your own sauce, I did it this summer tomatos with skin on ran them thru a food mill. the rest I forget but it was good take a look!

Your Big Green Egg should do a great job with pizza. Happy Pizza making and eating to you and your family!

Posted by: Mackwell ()
Date: December 16, 2014 10:29PM

Thanks man - will start researching. I've had others recommend Whole Foods's dough as well.

Posted by: Your Welcome ()
Date: December 16, 2014 10:40PM

The site is huge as said and you have to register to search it, I did a quick Google and heres some info about your Big Green Egg and theres more in there.
The man who owns the site is Steve Zinski from Richmond, Steve has a huge Blue Crab Archives site as well every thing in the world about the Blue Crab of the Chesapeake Bay and beyond. http://www.bluecrab.info/ Steves a good fellow. Loves Crabs and pizza.

Posted by: Sorry Going Too fast too Late ()
Date: December 16, 2014 10:43PM

Heres the Big Green egg thread from Pizza Making, theres more there
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=9225.0

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.