HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fake "Service Dogs" in Restaurants
Posted by: Dog Catcher ()
Date: December 07, 2014 02:36PM

In the last two weeks I've been to two different restaurants (Great Falls and Potomac) and witnessed customers coming in with small dogs to eat. WTF does a small little flurry dog have to do with these people needing help and when fido shits next to my table can I sue? Discuss...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fake "Service Dogs" in Restaurants
Posted by: You're lying ()
Date: December 07, 2014 02:42PM

But dogs in restaurants are perfectly common in many countries. They don't behave any differently there than they would in a dining room at home.

Posted by: Gag Me ()
Date: December 07, 2014 02:56PM

Some service dogs supposedly provide 'emotional support' to their owners - whatever that means. Personally, I do not want to see (or smell) a dog when I'm eating. Plus they scare the crap out of me - especially the big ones.

Posted by: NoFakes ()
Date: December 07, 2014 03:33PM

A couple of hundred bucks or so and you too can have a "service dog" - complete with banners, certificates and absolutely no training.

An excellent article exposing the stupidity of these idiots who want to bring their PETS with them can be found at:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/10/20/pets-allowed

Date: December 07, 2014 03:45PM

Let's face it, It's a female thing.

Posted by: Doggy Style ()
Date: December 07, 2014 04:38PM

You're lying Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But dogs in restaurants are perfectly common in
> many countries. They don't behave any differently
> there than they would in a dining room at home.

Fuck other countries.

Posted by: asaa ()
Date: December 07, 2014 06:59PM

Who cares. Unless you're legitimately allergic, stop whining about this. Would be nice to see more businesses around here go animal friendly. Cali and Oregon have a bunch.

Posted by: they are insane ()
Date: December 07, 2014 07:07PM

I have seen people show up at grocery stores and hospitals with non-service dogs. They just think they have the right to do that. They get all upset when they are told the Health Department rules.
Service dogs are very highly trained to behave in public places. They are allowed in hospitals with visitors and in grocery stores.
Family pets are not necessarily very well-trained. They need to be left at home in these situations.

Date: December 07, 2014 07:19PM

When pigs fly:

An embarrassed US Airways is promising it will never again allow barnyard animals onto its flights after a 300-pound hog accompanied 200 human passengers on a six-hour flight from Philadelphia to Seattle on Oct. 17.

“We can confirm that the pig traveled, and we can confirm that it will never happen again,” US Airways spokesman David Castelveter said. “Let me stress that. It will never happen again.”

Sources familiar with the incident told the Philadelphia Daily News for Friday’s editions that the pig’s owners convinced the airline that the animal was a “therapeutic companion pet,” like a guide dog for the blind.

Owners Had Doctor’s Note

The pig was traveling with two unidentified women, one in her 30s, the other a senior citizen. An internal US Airways incident report said the owners claimed they had a doctor’s note that allowed them to fly with the animal.

US Airways and Federal Aviation Administration rules allow passengers to fly with service animals.

“According to [the] Philadelphia agent who talked to passenger over phone … passenger described pig as being 13 pounds, so based on this info, authorization was given,” the report stated. Passengers on the flight told the Daily News the pig actually weighed several hundred pounds.

Pig Goes Wild

The pig, which spent the flight in the first row of first class, went ape when the aircraft taxied into Seattle, according to the report.

It reportedly ran loose through the aircraft, squealing loudly, and even tried to enter the cockpit.

“Many people on board the aircraft were quite upset that there was a large uncontrollable pig on board, especially those in the first-class cabin,” the incident report stated.

The pig made it off the plane but continued to squeal in the Seattle airport.

“Once the pig was off aircraft, another passenger had to push while the two women pulled to get it in the elevator. The whole time, the pig was squealing so loudly everyone in the terminal heard it,” according to the report.

FAA officials in Seattle said they were unfamiliar with the incident. They promised to investigate.

Posted by: LOL... ()
Date: December 07, 2014 07:21PM

Doggy Style Wrote:
> Fuck other countries.

Typical goober assfuck.

Posted by: U be moron ()
Date: December 07, 2014 07:32PM

Gag Me Wrote:
> Some service dogs supposedly provide 'emotional
> support' to their owners - whatever that means.
> Personally, I do not want to see (or smell) a dog
> when I'm eating. Plus they scare the crap out of
> me - especially the big ones.

If you are scared of a dog then you should kill yourself now. That is just pathetic.

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: December 07, 2014 07:33PM

Some of you need to get a puppy and chill out.

Posted by: Me me me ()
Date: December 07, 2014 07:38PM

Not everything in life is about you. Sick of bitching and moaning pussies turning this country into a nanny state. Unless an animal has rabies or something, there is no reason they should be banned from places. We share this planet with the other species, it doesn't belong to us. Stfu

Posted by: So Selfish ()
Date: December 07, 2014 07:48PM

NoFakes Wrote:
> A couple of hundred bucks or so and you too can
> have a "service dog" - complete with banners,
> certificates and absolutely no training.
>
> An excellent article exposing the stupidity of
> these idiots who want to bring their PETS with
> them can be found at:
>
> http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/10/20/pets-
> allowed

Hilarious and informative article. I had no idea how easy it was to get bogus credentials. It's sad that so few businesses are aware of the rules and are so intimidated by the ADA. Everyone's afraid of getting sued, which gives these morons with their fake 'emotional support' pets the leeway they need to bully businesses into 'accommodating' them.

Pets belong at home, where the only people they can bother are their owners and the neighbors.

Date: December 07, 2014 07:52PM

U be moron Wrote:
> Gag Me Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Some service dogs supposedly provide 'emotional
> > support' to their owners - whatever that means.
> > Personally, I do not want to see (or smell) a
> dog
> > when I'm eating. Plus they scare the crap out
> of
> > me - especially the big ones.
>
>
> If you are scared of a dog then you should kill
> yourself now. That is just pathetic.

Dogs bite, dipshit - especially when they have owners like you. Share your killer pit bull with someone else.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: December 07, 2014 07:59PM

Me me me Wrote:
> Not everything in life is about you. Sick of
> bitching and moaning pussies turning this country
> into a nanny state. Unless an animal has rabies
> or something, there is no reason they should be
> banned from places. We share this planet with the
> other species, it doesn't belong to us. Stfu

You are stupid

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: December 07, 2014 08:29PM

Amazing. Although (not that this excuses anything!) other stories suggest the pig was more like 70lb, and seem to show a picture of it that supports that. This makes more sense, as a 300lb pig would be large enough that it would be a hazard in the aisles, at which point FAA rules would require the airline to take steps before the flight took off, or risk a pretty serious fine.

Posted by: Hmmmmmm ()
Date: December 07, 2014 08:36PM

Gag Me Wrote:
> U be moron Wrote:
> -----
> > Gag Me Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Some service dogs supposedly provide
> 'emotional
> > > support' to their owners - whatever that
> means.
> > > Personally, I do not want to see (or smell) a
> > dog
> > > when I'm eating. Plus they scare the crap out
> > of
> > > me - especially the big ones.
> >
> >
> > If you are scared of a dog then you should kill
> > yourself now. That is just pathetic.
>
> Dogs bite, dipshit - especially when they have
> owners like you. Share your killer pit bull with
> someone else.

Most people go through life without bent bite. You must be retarded.

Date: December 07, 2014 08:42PM

> Most people go through life without bent bite. You
> must be retarded.

"Bent bite". And I'm the one who's retarded.

The most recent USA survey of dog bites conducted by CDC researchers concluded that in 2001, 2002 and 2003 there were 4.5 million American dog bite victims per year (1.5% of the entire population). Sacks JJ, Kresnow M. Dog bites: still a problem? Injury Prevention 2008 Oct;14(5):296-301.

885,000 bites per year -- almost one out of every 5 -- are serious enough to require medical attention. (Centers for Disease Control, Dog Bites, accessed May 10, 2014.)

Dog bites send nearly 368,000 victims to hospital emergency departments per year (1,008 per day). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Nonfatal Dog Bite–Related Injuries Treated in Hospital Emergency Departments — United States, 2001, MMWR 2003;52:605-610.

In 2012, more than 27,000 people underwent reconstructive surgery as a result of being bitten by dogs. (Centers for Disease Control, Dog Bites, accessed May 10, 2014, quoting from American Society of Plastic Surgeons. 2012 Plastic Surgery Statistics Report [online]. 2012. [cited 2013 Oct 24]. Available from URL: http://www.plasticsurgery.org/Documents/news-resources/statistics/2012-Plastic-Surgery-Statistics/full-plastic-surgery-statistics-report.pdf.)

16,476 dog bites to persons aged 16 years or greater were work related in 2001. (Ibid., Nonfatal Dog Bite–Related Injuries Treated in Hospital Emergency Departments — United States, 2001, MMWR 2003;52:608.

5,900 letter carriers were bitten in 2012. (US Postal Service.) Los Angeles is the worst city in the USA for mail carrier dog bites. (Read the article.)

California is the state with the highest number of dog bite claims made to State Farm, one of the nation's largest insurers of homes. (Read the article.)

Getting bitten by a dog is the fifth most frequent cause of visits to emergency rooms caused by activities common among children. (See Weiss HB, Friedman DI, Coben JH. Incidence of dog bite injuries treated in emergency departments, JAMA 1998;279:53; also see US Consumer Product Safety Commission, Injuries associated with selected sports and recreational equipment treated in hospital emergency departments, calendar year 1994. Consumer Product Safety Review, Summer 1996;1:5.) Note that this comparison is limited to activities that children more or less voluntarily engage in, such as playing sports, playing with animals, etc. Dog bite injuries are not specifically set forth in Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics, Child Injury and Mortality, pp. 36, 37, 136 and 137, which states that the leading causes of emergency room visits overall are falls, being struck by or against an object, natural or environmental causes, poisening, being cut or pierced, and motor vehicle accident.

Posted by: KGDHy ()
Date: December 07, 2014 08:44PM

Saw some idiot at the Tysons movie theater with a puppy with service dog gear on. It was a black lab, less than 6 mos old. Given the years of training service dogs get, usually starting when they are a year old, there was NFW that the dog was a trained service animal. What a selfish prick!

Date: December 07, 2014 08:54PM

I had a neighbor who trained such animals. She would take them to all sorts of social situations as part of their training. I never saw her start with a puppy tho.

Date: December 07, 2014 08:56PM

Gag Me Wrote:
> > Most people go through life without bent bite.
> You
> > must be retarded.
>
> "Bent bite". And I'm the one who's retarded.
>
> The most recent USA survey of dog bites conducted
> by CDC researchers concluded that in 2001, 2002
> and 2003 there were 4.5 million American dog bite
> victims per year (1.5% of the entire population).
> Sacks JJ, Kresnow M. Dog bites: still a problem?
> Injury Prevention 2008 Oct;14(5):296-301.

And for those for whom basic math is tricky, that means that at the current rate, that's enough dog bites to ensure that every person on the country averages one bite every 66 years or so. Given that the average life expectancy in the US is almost 80, that means that every man, woman, and child alive today can, on average, expect to be bitten at least once. Yes, that's "on average" -- some won't get bitten, some will get bitten multiple times.

So the fact that I got bitten by a German Shepherd in 1972 (on the ass, no less!) doesn't make me immune, although I have no particular fear of dogs (perhaps my ass does, but I haven't asked it lately).

Posted by: Vixis ()
Date: December 07, 2014 09:11PM

Various states are starting to fight back owners claiming their dogs are service dogs when they are not, to be a certified service dog, the dog/owner has to go through a series of training and tests done by the state. My mother in law wants to get per Pom to be a service dog because she claims the dog offers emotional support..I say BS! She just doesn't want to leave it home alone, a service dog used to help those who were blind and physically incapable. Vets use them for PTSD, what next? People wanting to bring their cats, pigs, horses, snakes, where do you draw the line?

Posted by: I call BS ()
Date: December 07, 2014 09:49PM

What the hell is a "dog bite victim?" If there are 4.5 million of them a year and only 885,000 need medical attention, how do they know about the other 3.015 million? I play with my dog and she sometimes bites me but never hard enough to break the skin. Does that make me a victim? Where do they come up with this crazy shit?

Date: December 07, 2014 11:57PM

I call BS Wrote:
> What the hell is a "dog bite victim?" If there
> are 4.5 million of them a year and only 885,000
> need medical attention, how do they know about the
> other 3.015 million? I play with my dog and she
> sometimes bites me but never hard enough to break
> the skin. Does that make me a victim? Where do
> they come up with this crazy shit?

A fair question, and one that in recent weeks has been much on my mind...

Typically such statistics come from directly interviewing a sufficiently large set of people and asking questions. If they talk to 10,000 people and find that 1000 say they've had a dog bite but only 400 say they needed medical attention, then they say that only 40% of such incidents need medical attention. Indeed, depending on whether you'd answer "yes" to such a question depends on both you and how the question is phrased (as well as what questions preceded it, and perhaps the phase of the moon). So it's not precise. However, there's, like, a lot of attention paid to how to produce meaningful results from such surveys, and so (assuming it wasn't produced by the Society for the Prevention of Dog Bites, or the AKA at the other extreme) one can hope that an effort was made to produce unbiased results. But you never know...

Posted by: fairfax fags ()
Date: December 08, 2014 12:32AM

Didn't know there were so many crybaby fags in Fairfax. Maybe you you losers should cuddle up with your cats you fucking faggots.

Posted by: French Person ()
Date: December 08, 2014 03:27AM

>
> A fair question, and one that in recent weeks has
> been much on my mind...
>

+1 for the reference... LOL

Posted by: How's my shit smell, faggot? ()
Date: December 08, 2014 08:53AM

you want dog shit w/that, garcon?

Posted by: Benjamin Hixley ()
Date: December 08, 2014 01:00PM

You're lying Wrote:

They behave even better! No begging or barking, just lying quietly beneath the table. I saw this in Austria and Italy.

There are some local restaurants that allow dogs in the warmer months, just in their outdoor café areas. It's better than leaving a dog in a hot car in the summer.,

Typical of these neurotic whinyasses to invoke their fear of dogs and expect the world to provide them with a dog-free public environment. I personally find the presence of screaming babies and hyperactive children to be quite disturbing, but I don't expect the world to bend to my wishes. Public means public. Sometimes there be monsters there. Deal.

Posted by: Elbert Hixley ()
Date: December 08, 2014 01:04PM

You're lying Wrote:

They behave even better! No begging or barking, just lying quietly beneath the table. I saw this in Austria and Italy.

There are some local restaurants that allow dogs in the warmer months, just in their outdoor café areas. It's better than leaving a dog in a hot car in the summer.,

Typical of these neurotic whinyasses to invoke their fear of dogs and expect the world to provide them with a dog-free public environment. I personally find the presence of screaming babies and hyperactive children to be quite disturbing, but I don't expect the world to bend to my wishes. Public means public. Sometimes there be monsters there. Deal.

Posted by: Sheesh!!! ()
Date: December 08, 2014 01:21PM

Gag Me Wrote:
> Dogs bite, dipshit...

That's mosquitoes, moron. What a weenie!

Posted by: eWbhk ()
Date: December 08, 2014 01:21PM

fairfax fags Wrote:
> Didn't know there were so many crybaby fags in
> Fairfax. Maybe you you losers should cuddle up
> with your cats you fucking faggots.

You pick up the shit of an inferior species. Who's the faggot now, shitbird?

Posted by: Here's some dog shit for you ()
Date: December 08, 2014 01:22PM

Posted by: not a real man ()
Date: December 08, 2014 01:24PM

^^^^^ What self respecting man does that?

You should put that shit in your purse.

Posted by: gives me the "authentic" French ()
Date: December 08, 2014 01:28PM

experience, smells'n'all.

Posted by: Sloppy assumptions ()
Date: December 08, 2014 01:39PM

Greybeard Wrote:
> And for those for whom basic math is tricky, that
> means that at the current rate, that's enough dog
> bites to ensure that every person on the country
> averages one bite every 66 years or so. Given that
> the average life expectancy in the US is almost
> 80, that means that every man, woman, and child
> alive today can, on average, expect to be bitten
> at least once. Yes, that's "on average" -- some
> won't get bitten, some will get bitten multiple
> times.

There is nothing to indicate that dog bites are randomly distributed across the population. In fact, bites are like other injuries in that they occur most frequently among prone populations. Such as in this case young children who don't know any better.

Posted by: Morons, morons everywhere ()
Date: December 08, 2014 02:00PM

not a real man Wrote:
> ^^^^^ What self respecting man does that?

All of them. Same bunch that tends to stop at red lights.

Posted by: nope, wrong again ()
Date: December 08, 2014 02:15PM

Morons, morons everywhere Wrote:
> not a real man Wrote:
> -----
> > ^^^^^ What self respecting man does that?
>
> All of them. Same bunch that tends to stop at red
> lights.

Wrong. A man does not pick up the shit of an inferior species.

Posted by: A-DCProf ()
Date: December 08, 2014 02:31PM

asaa Wrote:
> Who cares. Unless you're legitimately allergic,
> stop whining about this. Would be nice to see
> more businesses around here go animal friendly.
> Cali and Oregon have a bunch.

Believe me when I tell you, citing states like California and what they do is not strong support for your argument.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.