HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
A REQUEST FOR HELP
Posted by: GeerAttorney ()
Date: November 19, 2014 12:22PM

A REQUEST FOR HELP: We are the attorneys representing the Estate of John Geer (whose beneficiaries are his daughters) and we are seeking your help in uncovering what happened to Mr. Geer. John was shot and killed by the Fairfax County Police Department on August 29, 2013 but the County and the Police Department have been withholding all other information about the shooting. We are asking for help from (1) any witnesses to the shooting, (2) anyone with knowledge about the shooter, (3) anyone who may have recordings of related radio scanner traffic and (4) anyone else with helpful information such as photographs etc. We can be contacted at geershooting@Dimuro.com. Please leave a phone number and/or an email address for us to reach you. Thank you for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
POLL- Americans DO NOT TRUST Hillary!
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: November 19, 2014 12:26PM

Fist yourself, ambulance chaser.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2015 09:55AM by WingNut.

Re: A REQUEST FOR HELP
Posted by: OP FAILS HORRIBLY ()
Date: November 19, 2014 12:28PM

OP FAILS MISERABLY!!!!

Posted by: wimbleton ()
Date: November 19, 2014 12:29PM

Sounds like the cops killed him, case solved.

Posted by: reward? ()
Date: November 19, 2014 12:43PM

Is there a reward or compensation?

Posted by: FrankRizzo ()
Date: November 19, 2014 01:13PM

I don't have any info, but I would suggest to keep this sort of campaign going until answers are found. More publicity is needed.

Posted by: Show me da mony ()
Date: November 19, 2014 01:14PM

Well let's see, youre probably planning on taking at least 40% of any amount awarded so I'd like 15% of that 40% to tell you what I know. Payment in advance.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: November 19, 2014 03:02PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-unaccountable-death-of-john-geer/2014/09/05/29d36d96-339a-11e4-a723-fa3895a25d02_story.html

Washington Post Editorial Board September 5

AT POINT-BLANK range, a Fairfax County police officer a year ago fired one shot, killing an unarmed man standing inside his home. The man, John Geer, was distraught and had been drinking — his longtime girlfriend had moved out and called police when he threw her things into the front yard — but he held no hostages, brandished no weapons and, so far as we have learned, posed no serious threat either to police or to public order. (Mr. Geer did own guns, which he apparently told police.)

Shot in the chest, he was left to bleed to death inside his doorway while police officers, remaining outside the house, did nothing for an hour. Five and a half hours after the shooting, his body remained sprawled on the floor where he died.

Incredibly, the authorities in Northern Virginia — including Fairfax County police and state and federal prosecutors — have refused to furnish any explanation for this stupefying sequence of events last Aug. 29 in Springfield. They have stonewalled.

Fairfax County Police Chief Edwin C. Roessler Jr. promised to “hold myself accountable” to Mr. Geer’s family, which includes two young daughters. He has done nothing of the kind. No official information about the shooting has been forthcoming. The officer who fired the shot, who remains on the force with full pay, has not been identified.

The authorities conduct themselves as if the case presented insurmountable complexities. This strains credulity. It involved one shot, one gun, one shooter and one fatality. It took place in broad daylight, at mid-afternoon. It was witnessed at close range by at least two other police officers, as well as friends and neighbors of Mr. Geer. And still authorities refuse to act or discuss Mr. Geer’s death.

Some witnesses have spoken with The Post’s Tom Jackman, who has reported their accounts as well as their mounting frustration at the official paralysis that has ensued for more than 12 months.

At every juncture, the authorities appear to have abdicated their duty of accountability, both to Mr. Geer’s loved ones and to the public. Police took more than three months to furnish reports on the shooting to state prosecutors in the Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office. More than another month elapsed before the chief prosecutor, Raymond F. Morrogh, citing unspecified conflicts of interest, punted the case to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia, then stopped taking questions on the matter.

That was in February. Since then, U.S. Attorney Dana J. Boente has refused even to acknowledge that his office is looking into the case, although Justice Department lawyers have interviewed witnesses.

On Tuesday, Mr. Geer’s longtime partner, Maura Harrington, who is the mother of his two daughters, sued the county police, the police chief and three unnamed officers, alleging gross negligence. She seeks $12 million — in addition to some answers that she and Mr. Geer’s other loved ones clearly deserve.

Will no one take responsibility and make some decisions in the unexplained death of Mr. Geer?

Posted by: I Know Something ()
Date: November 19, 2014 03:05PM

I can tell you, but what's in it for me?

Posted by: called out ()
Date: November 19, 2014 03:21PM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fist yourself, ambulance chaser.

You know, you're a bit smarter than you look buddy. At least, smarter than your opponents like to make you out to be

Posted by: Helpful Links ()
Date: November 19, 2014 03:25PM

GeerAttorney Wrote:
> A REQUEST FOR HELP: We are the attorneys
> representing the Estate of John Geer (whose
> beneficiaries are his daughters) and we are
> seeking your help in uncovering what happened to
> Mr. Geer. John was shot and killed by the Fairfax
> County Police Department on August 29, 2013 but
> the County and the Police Department have been
> withholding all other information about the
> shooting. We are asking for help from (1) any
> witnesses to the shooting, (2) anyone with
> knowledge about the shooter, (3) anyone who may
> have recordings of related radio scanner traffic
> and (4) anyone else with helpful information such
> as photographs etc. We can be contacted at
> geershooting@Dimuro.com. Please leave a phone
> number and/or an email address for us to reach
> you. Thank you for your help.

Here, got to these (2) threads, the 1st one came out when it happened and some information in it, including some of the quotes from the incident over the radio...

Another Police Shooting in Fairfax Co.(West Springfield)
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1291922/1293083.html#msg-1293083

More details in Fairfax cop killing of John Geer
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1641826/1642722.html#msg-1642722

Posted by: LOL... ()
Date: November 19, 2014 03:35PM

called out Wrote:
> You know, you're a bit smarter than you look
> buddy. At least, smarter than your opponents like
> to make you out to be

WingNut? He is one of the biggest dumbasses on FFXU. The only place he makes any sense at all is in the "Old Pictures" thread, and half the time, he's messed up in there too.

Posted by: Smell the cover-up ()
Date: November 19, 2014 03:38PM

wimbleton Wrote:
> Sounds like the cops killed him, case solved.

Sounds like the cops MURDERED him.

Posted by: dYbKG ()
Date: November 19, 2014 04:30PM

Smell the cover-up Wrote:
> wimbleton Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sounds like the cops killed him, case solved.
>
> Sounds like the cops MURDERED him.

To be fair, they ordered him out of the house and he just stood there and played games with them. Did he deserve to be shot? Probably not, but you're required by law to comply with the police. So he rolled the dice and lost.

Posted by: jWn7V ()
Date: November 20, 2014 01:01PM

Let me see, man gets shot by cops, and greedy lawyers want to be paid millions.

There's your story.

Posted by: YGdjM ()
Date: November 20, 2014 01:21PM

dYbKG Wrote:
> To be fair, they ordered him out of the house and
> he just stood there and played games with them.
> Did he deserve to be shot? Probably not, but
> you're required by law to comply with the police.
> So he rolled the dice and lost.

I've had a few run-ins with the cops (possession, driving on a suspended license, trespassing; yeah I know I'm a model citizen), yet I've never been in handcuffs, jailed or shot. I've been respectful, forthcoming and compliant. Though I might've gotten citations, I always made it home that night. Act like a punk, you get treated like a punk.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.