HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hayfield football coach
Posted by: apprehensive ()
Date: January 08, 2014 09:21AM

Recently heard that a very well respected coach in the Northern Region was asked to "retire" from his Head coaching duties, as he was doing too much. Just don't understand how the coach with one of the best if not basically the best record in school history, for that sport and is one of the tops in the other is asked to do such a thing. Is this normal?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hayfield football coach
Posted by: what? ()
Date: January 08, 2014 10:25AM

Can't be true... I don't believe that for one second!

Posted by: apprensive ()
Date: January 08, 2014 01:13PM

BELIEVE it, but def don't like it

Posted by: HAYFIELD ANON ()
Date: January 09, 2014 11:51AM

Check out my post about the hayfield athletic department posted today!!

Posted by: IWant2No ()
Date: January 09, 2014 12:21PM

He was obviously fired. That doesn't happen often in the NR to a coach with W/L record above 50%. What reason was he given for the firing?

Posted by: bothered ()
Date: January 09, 2014 08:13PM

The reason that has been told to various people is that he had too much on his plate being biology teacher, wrestling coach, and football coach. The issue is that is has winning record in both sports, so it doesn't seem plausible to say he is doing to much.

Posted by: IWant2No ()
Date: January 10, 2014 02:44PM

This is a BS reason you give someone when you don't want to tell him the truth. The administration obviously had some type of "administrative" issue (it sure wasn't football with his record) with Hill - kids grades/conduct, parental treatment, money raising etc. They need to "man up" and explain their actions!

Posted by: NotWTW ()
Date: January 10, 2014 08:08PM

LOL if this was about Woodson there would be 20 post by now. Nobody gives a shit sbout Hayfield!

Posted by: orLBSS ()
Date: January 10, 2014 08:36PM

Or Lake Brsddock LMAO

Posted by: Hawks fan ()
Date: January 12, 2014 11:40AM

Will they hire someone that is on the staff for the position?

Posted by: Hawks fan ()
Date: January 12, 2014 11:40AM

Will they hire someone that is on the staff for the position?

Posted by: HawksAlum ()
Date: January 12, 2014 07:12PM

He was asked to resign and it is absolutely absurd. They did not give him a legitamate reason. The people who get hurt are the kids. Coach Hill is an unbelievable teacher, coach, and person. He cares more about kids/students than anything else. I personally have seen him save kids who normally would have dropped out of school, flunked out, or done absolutely nothing with their lives and helped them go to college. The administration at Hayfield are cowards and are clearly very confused.

Posted by: Jim Slim ()
Date: January 12, 2014 09:57PM

He may be a nice person, but he was a weak head coach. Also, coaching two major sports leaves him with "too much on his plate" which is not a problem for him when he is eating, but is when he is coaching.

Posted by: would you ()
Date: January 13, 2014 09:55AM

Care to explain yourself, what makes him a weak coach? He won did he not? Best record in school, one of the best wrestling coaches in region, and on top of that, still a school teacher, so seems he is doing a great job of balancing.

Posted by: 2nd String Parent ()
Date: January 13, 2014 10:24AM

I bet that Jim Slim is a whiney parent whose half ass kid sat the bench.

Posted by: New Coach ()
Date: January 13, 2014 10:34AM

The new coach is either gonna be a young, up and coming head coach or a assistant coach from the concord district. Someone from outside the area really has to impress people in the interview.

Posted by: Drug Addict ()
Date: January 13, 2014 11:19AM

You must be a drug addict. Hayfield is one of the smallest schools in 6A North and has serious financial, student/athlete and administration issues. Prior to Hill they had several winless or 1 win seasons. It is a very tough job and the only interviewees will be:

1) Head coaches at crap schools like Marshall, Woodson, Stewart etc. looking to escape their current situation
2) Former Hayfield Asst. coaches
3) Other Asst. coaches in the region (but not coordinators, they will apply elsewhere) that will do/take anything to be a Head Coach

There will be NO Concord or out of region coaches applying.

P.S. Nowland is part of the DSA good-0le-boy club so he has probably already preselected his bubba

Posted by: New Coach ()
Date: January 13, 2014 11:27AM

Lets make a deal, if the head coaches at Marshall, Woodson or Stuart don't get the Hayfield job. you have to lick everyone's balls, deal?

Posted by: Hayfield Insider Insider ()
Date: January 14, 2014 06:47PM

The obvious reason the coach was asked to step down is for health reasons. He is a walking heart attack and his coaches have free reign, are not on the same page and the team horribly underachieved considering the talent. It is time for regime change.

Posted by: Baby hawk ()
Date: January 14, 2014 08:39PM

Maybe Nowland is cleaning house. Last spring he fired the long time head track coach. The end of last lax season the long time head Lax coach abruptly announced his retirement, one wonders if he was asked to step down. Now the football head coach is fired.
In reference to Coach Hill's size-have you looked at Nowland lately?

Posted by: Keeping Hayfield Strong ()
Date: January 14, 2014 09:01PM

Any coach is good as long as they aren't the PG county kind.

Posted by: Hayfield Pride ()
Date: January 14, 2014 09:04PM

Any coach is good as long as they aren't the PG county kind.

Posted by: Hayfield Pride ()
Date: January 14, 2014 09:04PM

Any coach is good as long as they avoid the PG county kind.

Posted by: Hawker ()
Date: January 14, 2014 09:15PM

Your def right about underachieving with the talent, but bottom line is they still were winning despite the coaching issues, and most schools would love to have been in the play-offs the last five years.
Better coaching just gets you a better seeding in the play-offs, imo.

Posted by: Hey insider-- ()
Date: January 15, 2014 12:56AM

Just curious. Who was the talent?

Posted by: Question??? ()
Date: January 15, 2014 12:43PM

Who would win a sumo-wrestling match, Hill or Nowland?

Posted by: Ref ()
Date: January 15, 2014 05:47PM

Hill would cream Nowland. Nowland is like a little girl.

Posted by: Rockne ()
Date: January 17, 2014 07:57AM

Nowland hired Ferri at Stuart, and will probably hire him at Hayfield.

Posted by: No chance...Rockne ()
Date: January 17, 2014 05:05PM

No chance Roy leaves THE JEB. He retired from teaching, lives within walking distance and has plenty of talent returning next season.

Posted by: MiniHawk ()
Date: February 04, 2014 05:15PM

Eric Henderson named new football coach at Hayfield.

Posted by: cockhawk ()
Date: February 04, 2014 06:05PM

Will he wear black or orange CROCs on the sideline this year?

Posted by: novahsfb ()
Date: February 04, 2014 06:49PM

Awesome hire for the Hawks. Hawk "Air Raid" ready for take off.

Posted by: Tom tally ()
Date: February 04, 2014 10:26PM

Wow what is happening to northern region football. Pickings must have been mighty slim for hayfield to hire henderson. He is a big fat lazy ass and a cheater too. He has been fired from two schools. Maybe three is the charm. Lake braddock will probably turn to chicken feed without henderson since he was the only reason they had winning seasons the last two years! Oh yeah they bombed in the important games. Go henderson hawks.

Posted by: Jason Stewart ()
Date: February 06, 2014 01:00PM

For all of you who commented on this like it was a joke, or that somebodies size and health is ok to make fun of, You should be ashamed. You're to much of a coward to state your name and who you are. I played Quarterback for coach Roy Hill 4 years of my life. Prior to playing for him I was on the edge of being expelled from school. This man saved my future. He believed in me when nobody else did and He made me believe in myself. showing me the right way to do things as a man not just as a player. I'm just one of many kids that look up to him as a father. I would die for this man. My freshman and sophmore year the varsity team had one win under the head coaching of Bill Pugh. My Junior year when coach Hill took over we won districts. My senior year we made it all the way to the regional finals for the first time since I was born in 1993. I went from a kid on his way to prison to a 3.6 GPA student whose now playing QB for the Univeristy of Memphis on a full scholarship. He has been there with me every step of the way. Coach Hill is a winner. He finds a way to reach down into our souls and make us go harder than we ever thought we could. This is all nonsense and I couldn't be more disgusted with how Hayfield did all this. I dont approve of this hiring at all either.

GOD BLESS

Posted by: long time fan ()
Date: February 06, 2014 01:43PM

No one is saying Coach Hill isn't the man. He is. Thats not disputed. His contributions to kids is unparalleled.

But he had a TREMENDOUS amount on his plate. And with Pugh's health experience, everyone has reason to be cautious with Hill. Have him coach freshmen football, focus on wrestling. Everyone wins.

Posted by: spartanjoke ()
Date: February 06, 2014 01:56PM

Not sure why coaching 2 sports is such a big deal- the clowns at West Springfield have a coach doing both. Mainly because no one in their right mind would take the football job working for the vapid empty suits in the admin there.

Posted by: Hawkjoke ()
Date: February 06, 2014 02:01PM

Roy Hill is a good man, Eric Henderson is a terrible hire, and a con artist.

Posted by: spartan joke ()
Date: February 06, 2014 02:48PM

Hawkjoke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Roy Hill is a good man, Eric Henderson is a
> terrible hire, and a con artist.

Why? What has he done wrong?

Posted by: hawker ()
Date: February 06, 2014 09:52PM

long time fan Wrote:
> No one is saying Coach Hill isn't the man. He is.
> Thats not disputed. His contributions to kids is
> unparalleled.
>
> But he had a TREMENDOUS amount on his plate. And
> with Pugh's health experience, everyone has reason
> to be cautious with Hill. Have him coach freshmen
> football, focus on wrestling. Everyone wins.

So TREMENDOUS that he has the best record of any of the past coaches the school has had. Oh, so you think "forcing" him out from Varsity Coach and drop to Freshmen is consolation. You my friend are far from a long time fan. All I have to say is this when this backfires, we will see how many other peoples tables and plates will be empty, because people jobs and livelihoods are at stake as well as the Counties. Maybe three times is the charm.

Posted by: Hayfield Football Parent ()
Date: February 08, 2014 11:59AM

Coach Hill is a good guy and coach, but I think he may not have always been in charge, which opened the door to fire the 2011 OC.Anyway, I haven't heard good things about Henderson, but I don't know the man either. Maybe he should be givin' the chance to screw things up before we slam him. I just want what's good for the kids.

Posted by: The eye ()
Date: February 09, 2014 12:38PM

Why so many haters? Henderson will do a fine job at hayfield. Look at what he did at west pot and lb.

Posted by: Coach Cliatt ()
Date: February 11, 2014 12:52PM

Jim Slim why don't you be a man or woman and put your real name behind that coward statement!

Date: February 11, 2014 01:58PM

Sorry I speak the truth. His track record at the prior schools is very good and worthy of the position. Do not understand the venom.

Oh yeah just like everyone else on here... Ok.. got it. I am not here to bash people just look out for them.. They eye is watching all of you...

Posted by: Oh yeah! ()
Date: February 11, 2014 04:21PM

Hey eye guy! If this Henderson dude is so good why did West Potomac allegedly fire him a few years ago? if he's so good why isn't Lake Bradock bending over to keep him?
Just keep recycling the same head coaches over and over again Fairfax Couny.
At least Coach Hill stayed at the same school for years. He didn't need to go hunting for head coach job every few years.
Team Coach Hill all the way! We love you big guy!

Date: February 11, 2014 05:11PM

No problems with hill. Like him but he is gone and Henderson did not fire him. My issue was with people bashing an established head coach who did take west pot to the playoffs. Seems like a good fit for him.

Posted by: LetsTalkReality ()
Date: February 11, 2014 06:45PM

I will give Henderson some credit for his work at West Potomac, however, Lake Braddock was awful until the middle of the '00's. Towards the ladder half of the decade, Lake Braddock hasn't looked back since, being a dominate force in 6A. Henderson did not take either West Potomac nor Lake Braddock deep into the playoffs (State Semi's (2010) or State Championship game(2009)), where other coaches have been more successful then him. He inherited a power house in LB. Keep in mind that since Henderson was there, they were eliminated in the 1st rd. by Oakton(2012), and losing last year to Westfield (2013). Hayfield will do well and will make the playoffs but will not go far into the playoffs in the near future.

Posted by: spartanluver ()
Date: February 11, 2014 07:01PM

Lake Braddock had a loaded team for Henderson and he couldnt win, even with his kid at QB. It may have been the most talented team Braddock ever had. Henderson will win a few games at Hayfield, but they wont make the palyoffs.

Look at his overall record with the exception of Braddock and he wasnt the head coach there, he has a losing record and a lot of baggage that comes with him.

Not a good hire for Hayfield.

Posted by: priorities ()
Date: February 11, 2014 07:15PM

I have to laugh at the county schools. They claim how they're such hot shit academically, but their high schools totally revolve around ball games.

Posted by: eye ball ()
Date: February 11, 2014 08:34PM

Are you serious mr eye. Hill had a winning record as well all at the same school. Let go from two schools TC and WP, no something is definitely wrong with that hire. Time will tell. He will win a few games here and there but we will all be looking thru our own eyes.

Date: February 11, 2014 09:07PM

Ok who interviewed or applied that would do such a great job over Henderson.. Who? Names? Some assistant in the pitiful national or liberty district.. Please..

When was the last time hayfield won a regional or district title? It is not a football factory like centerville. Whoever they hire will get bounced in the first round of the 6aaa playoffs.. Not going to best the big boys like cville, Westfield, chantilly.. Sorry that got a guy that will be fine

Sounds to me of typical whiny sour grapes from whiny assistant coaches who did not get it.. You complain about the kids in fairfax but the adults seem worse.. Hence you guys complaining and throwing bombs in a site like this called fairfax underground.. Makes me proud to be apart of such an established community.

The eye knows who is who

Posted by: LetsTalkReality ()
Date: February 11, 2014 09:57PM

The eye makes me laugh. You do realize there are more than just two districts in the region right? Also, Hayfield did go to the Regional Final vs. Stone Bridge in 2010. You need to get you're facts straight before you say things on here! As I and others have said, he will be able to win a few games here and there BUT will not go far into the playoffs.

The past two seasons, Hayfield had face South County, Centreville & Westfield in the first few games of the season, to which two out of the three reached the STATE FINAL the past few years. Henderson will be able to get wins from Mt. Vernon, Jeb Stuart, Edison and Wakefield, but so can any average team.

Face the facts, Henderson inherited a very powerful team at LB. If he didn't have the talent there, would he win? Explain how they didn't get out of the 1st round of the playoffs in 2012?

Date: February 11, 2014 10:07PM

Like I said .. When did they last win the region or district.. He will do no worse..

Read above post.. Typical whiny fairfax who have sour grapes..

Over the past 15 years has hayfield won a region... He will be fine and will do better over some assistant from a northern region school not from the western side..

Fairfax underground..where we whine and complain about other people not to their face.. So proud

If the eye did not hit a nerve you would not be responding.

Posted by: DumbDumbDumbDumb ()
Date: February 11, 2014 10:35PM

At least he answered your questions.....I'm kinda curious how did they get out of the 1st round of the playoffs a few years back. At least W.T. Woodson hired a guy who has done well with other school.

Shot in your eye

Date: February 11, 2014 10:42PM

Ok have they at least won a district in the last 20 years.. What maybe once or so.. He will be fine. Woodson got a coach with playoff experience and so did hayfield.

Seeing more sour grapes

The eye thinks he hit a nerve.

Can anyone answer when hayfield last won a regional championship or district? Anyone?

Posted by: eye ball ()
Date: February 11, 2014 11:21PM

Posted by: hahahahha ()
Date: February 12, 2014 01:11AM

And Nowland's daughter is a slut... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (I nailed)

Posted by: moremoney ()
Date: February 12, 2014 07:50AM

The last time Hayfield won district title was in 2009 season and went to regionals in the 2010 season. The word around town is Henderson tried to get the kid from WestPo to relocate to the LB district had a it all set up.

Posted by: The Eye ()
Date: February 12, 2014 08:01AM

More money you are making my point. This is a program that has won ONE district title and ONE regional title in 20 years. They play division 6 football so winning the region AINT Happening anytime soon with Centerville, Westfields,CHantilly, Robinson, Oakton, LB.. Just is not. Went to the regionals.. big deal.. especially the way the playoffs are formatted.. Back then 8 teams from each region went I believe.

The hire is fine. So if if Hayfield goes another 20 years without winning regional title he will be as good as the others.. Big deal. Still I go back - Why the haters?

typical whiny sour grapes from others who did not get the job.The finest from fairfax. I am sure the next post will be how horrible the kids and teenagers are today... Yet there are adults who post on here behind a fictional name and bash other adults... Apple does not fall far from the tree.

Date: February 12, 2014 08:31AM

Have you considered that the population at those schools are bigger have you forgot since you want to go that far back. Were was those schools you named 20 years ago they were not even heard of TC Edison were kick those schools you named butts. Then you had the nerve to bring Oakton in this conversation when was the last time they won district or regionals. I see you didn't want to touch the Henderson issue.

Date: February 12, 2014 08:36AM

Answer this since you are such a guru how many high school are in the region. Answer that because I have a follow-up question.

Date: February 12, 2014 08:39AM

And they play D5 dont forget they lost alot of there kids to South County.

Date: February 12, 2014 08:43AM

Come on Eye im waiting. Those schools you named play by a different set of rules just take a hard look of the school's you named.

Date: February 12, 2014 08:53AM

They played D6 last year and will this year. Oakton has won plenty of regional titles in the past 10 years (Multiple).. Westfields, CVille, Robinson, LB.

Hayfield is not in same category as them. You are making my argument for me. They got a good hire. Hayfield has one regional title in the schools HISTORY. THey got a solid coach that will do NO worse. Besides the schools I listed above fairfax football is very, very bad compared to the rest of the state. There are about 20 times up North that are just bad.. really bad. Doubt an assistant coach from one of those schools will turn hayfield into a regional powerhouse. They got a fine hire.

Why the hating?

Date: February 12, 2014 09:04AM

Sounds like the Eye is someone on the new coaching staff he must wear a pair of crocks to.

Date: February 12, 2014 09:07AM

Eye stop dodging the other questions in previous comments.

Date: February 12, 2014 09:21AM

Spelled Corcs you half-wit... Not the alligator... As evidence by your spelling and punctuation from prior posts I can only imagine what you are going to enlighten me about with regards to teams or how many in the region...

Crocs are good though...

Date: February 12, 2014 09:38AM

Do your homework how many schools

Date: February 12, 2014 09:50AM

Eye do you coach high school football in the region.

Posted by: BS ()
Date: February 12, 2014 10:08AM

It is obvious most folk on this forum has never played or coached a day of their life. You could bring in Bill Parcells, and without talent and numbers he would only do so well. So to keep talking up the coaches out west and attempting to disregard Hayfield previous staff is crazy. The teams being mentioned out west have greater numbers and more overall talent, so they should have better winning percentage. The bottom line is the Hayfield program under Hill's guidance was winning the right way, no undermining or attempts at cheating, or making outlandish statements of what he would do to kids careers. Everyone in the northern region know this is a joke and everyone involved in this joke should be held accountable, starting with Hayfield Administration when it backfire and blow up in their face!

Posted by: Both eyes ()
Date: February 12, 2014 10:28AM

Several other qualified head coaches interviewed for the Hayfield job, so Henderson must of done something right. I know for a fact that the coach at guy from falls chruch and another coach from the Stafford county area interviewed for the job.

Posted by: BS ()
Date: February 12, 2014 12:15PM

Both eyes, you can say what you want. It's still the good ol boy network of coaches in fairfax county. You as a person or your coaching resume doesn't matter as long as you were a head coach. Henderson had more talent at TC, Westpo and LB and couldn't get it done. So what makes him a better choice at Hayfield, other than he's a used car salesman; that sold Hayfield administrator's a pipe dream.

Date: February 12, 2014 12:21PM

Coach Cliatt,
Get off of the computer and try to find a new coaching job!

Posted by: BS Junior ()
Date: February 12, 2014 12:27PM

Junior,
You should focus on the English language rather than trying to find a new coaching job.

Date: February 12, 2014 12:39PM

Jim Slim,
I'm man enough to put my name behind mine. My ability to coach is not an issue. If you going to make such a stateme about a man. Stop hiding behind this forum coward! If you like to discuss this in person we can. Man-up! Enough said!!!

Date: February 12, 2014 02:08PM

Hahahahaha,

This is also a coward move to say something like that about someone's daughter.

Posted by: English Class ()
Date: February 12, 2014 02:12PM

The Eye Wrote:
> Spelled Corcs you half-wit...

Uhh... that's not right...

Date: February 12, 2014 02:51PM

I only speak to people that can write well.

Posted by: This... ()
Date: February 12, 2014 02:53PM

...shit just got real!

Posted by: DearDumbFock ()
Date: February 12, 2014 04:23PM

I think what moremoney was trying to say was The Eye likes "COCK" Not Crocs. Since it appears that what he likes to do is suck up to his boy Henderson, which he believes is a great hire...Ok, Eye, talk to you in 3 years when he hasn't shit like the idiot at West Springfield.

Posted by: A real Hawk ()
Date: February 13, 2014 03:19PM

Hayfield is a d6 school. However, since they made that determination, at least three D5 schools have surpassed them in population - the determining factor. The eye...Hayfield has been very competitive within d5 and has pushed several of the teams like Centreville and Westfield only to lose late because of prior coaches failure to adjust the game plan or the boys tiring out due to smaller numbers than the schools out west with large pools to pull from. Unless you've coached a high school sport, you have no understanding of the nuances and how challenging it can be, especially in a smaller school. Lastly, Coach Hill's undoing was relying on his assistants too much. He was let down by some suspect coordinators. When he was the defensive coordinator, the defense competed game in and game out, year in and year out. The man is a phenomenal coach and model for the boys he coaches. Look at the success of his wrestling program for an example. Talking about his weight or Nowland's weight is resorting to juvenile tactics and just makes you look dumb.

Ironic in all of this is that the boys are excited about working with Coach Henderson and all the relevancy talk about Hayfield is clearly mistaken as this thread remains current and active. Guess Hayfield is a little bit more relevant than you thought.

Climate - you are a hell of a coach and an amazing father and leader to your boy and those you've coached. Don't succumb to stupid pissing contests with people that hide behind their anonymous posts.

Disclaimer - I am a Hayfield staff member and NOT someone that worships or backs down from Mr Nowland, but for any of his faults, he has made some positive impact at Hayfield. Let this choice run it's course and remember that he wasn't the only one involved in the hiring OR the firing.

Posted by: andre woods 007 ()
Date: February 13, 2014 04:26PM

Coach Henderson is a good coach?

I forgot how many district and regional titles he won at TC Williams and West Potomac. I realize they had a lot of talent and athletes, but still, he was the Head Coach when they won all of those titles.

Look what he did for Braddock, with all the talent they had there. He almost took them to the state finals. All the points they scored against some very tough Patriot distrct teams. I dont think anyone expected Braddock to be very good. They really had not done much for years.

So yes, overall great hire for Hayfield?

Posted by: lollolololol ()
Date: February 18, 2014 06:08PM

me too bro lol

Posted by: Anton McCallum ()
Date: February 22, 2014 11:25PM

As a proud alum, i don't get the move as well now recently hearing about the firing of Coach Hill. He dealt with plenty of stuff on his plate in the past he had to rally together the 09 team when Coach Pugh had his sudden stroke. He obviously held his own then leading us to our first district title in our first year in the conference. I don't have a problem with Coach Henderson or EW I know them personally the situation could have been handled better and unfortunately Coach Hill with being the kind of person he is he got the short end of it

Posted by: FAN05 ()
Date: March 03, 2014 11:50PM

andre woods 007 Wrote:
> Coach Henderson is a good coach?

> Look what he did for Braddock, with all the talent
> they had there. He almost took them to the state
> finals. All the points they scored against some
> very tough Patriot distrct teams. I dont think
> anyone expected Braddock to be very good. They
> really had not done much for years.
>
> So yes, overall great hire for Hayfield?

The only other good/decent team in the patriot district this past year was sc

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: March 04, 2014 09:29AM

Here's the deal with Henderson in my opinion. I think it was a great hire for the school putting the former coach and situation to the side.

Henderson has years of coaching experience and his West Potomac teams steadily got better year to year. With Lake Braddock he was a coordinator, not a head coach, so I don't know why everyone is putting the playoff disappointments on him. In my book the blame goes to Coach Pothyress. If you do want to look at Henderson's Lake Braddock stint though, the team was one of the winningest in the region those two years, had the highest scoring offense those two years, and had several big regular season wins. Year 1 the 7 seed Oakton took everyone by storm due to a great defense coming together they knocked off #2 Braddock, #3 Centreville, and then undefeated #1 Westfield. The following year they should have beat Westfield in the semis and in my book that was the only bad loss they had during Henderson's tenure there, but either way Centreville would have smoked them in the next round which a lot of people really wanted to see that game.

Now that his son is gone, he has more time on his hands and wants to head another program. I think they will be a fun team to watch, but do agree with the eye, that in D6 a playoff run in the near future is unlikely. Those that mention the 2010 run in D5 are delusional to think it's as easy to get to a D6 final with the Concorde powers and usually 1-2 other really good teams in the field.

Posted by: hawkshine09 ()
Date: March 04, 2014 10:53AM

How many district/regional titles has he won?
He was at West Pot and TC, what was his playoff record?

Posted by: the truth!! ()
Date: March 04, 2014 11:00AM

NotWTW Wrote:
> LOL if this was about Woodson there would be 20
> post by now. Nobody gives a shit sbout Hayfield!

At least they don't kill themselves every other day at Hayfield.

Posted by: Hmmmmm ()
Date: March 04, 2014 03:16PM

Anton McCallum Wrote:
> As a proud alum, i don't get the move as well now
> recently hearing about the firing of Coach Hill.
> He dealt with plenty of stuff on his plate in the
> past he had to rally together the 09 team when
> Coach Pugh had his sudden stroke. He obviously
> held his own then leading us to our first district
> title in our first year in the conference. I don't
> have a problem with Coach Henderson or EW I know
> them personally the situation could have been
> handled better and unfortunately Coach Hill with
> being the kind of person he is he got the short
> end of it

What ever happened to Billy Pugh?

Posted by: What's new not old ()
Date: March 04, 2014 08:07PM

You know what they say-out with the old in with the new!
It's time to move on folks.
Ohhhh happy daysssss.
Great changes are already here.
New coach. New staff.Hanging with the big fat dog in crocs. It's gonna be nuclear!
Cant wait for football season.
Hawks are gonna trample the compition.
We're taking Stonebridge down first.
You know we're going to state championship baby!
Nobody is even gonna talk about Bradock or centreville. it's all about Hayfield 2014.

Posted by: Henderson ()
Date: March 08, 2014 05:37PM

Leave me alone. I am 500lbs of pure coach.

Posted by: The past ()
Date: March 08, 2014 06:45PM

The question that has to be asked is what type of person Henderson is? Is he the type that wants to get ahead at the cost of the kids. Maybe with his kid not there anymore other kids will not get pushed aside. Does have 2 personalities? You need to talk with people that have worked with him.

Posted by: lionmyth ()
Date: March 09, 2014 09:53AM

Henderson will be fine if he is able to get all the thugs assistant coaches out of there.

EW is a clown and a lot of this information on this post in support of the Hawks is untrue.

Hayfield has athletic kids but the atmoshphere at the school is just awful.

Posted by: Sorry for Hayfield ()
Date: March 09, 2014 05:56PM

He is scum. End of discussion.

Posted by: The reality is...... ()
Date: March 09, 2014 11:55PM

lionmyth Wrote:
> Henderson will be fine if he is able to get all
> the thugs assistant coaches out of there.
>
> EW is a clown and a lot of this information on
> this post in support of the Hawks is untrue.
>
> Hayfield has athletic kids but the atmoshphere at
> the school is just awful.

The reality is Hayfield is full of "thug"kids. That's what you get when you have many parents that don't give a crap.
The "thug" assistant football coaches are gone. Coach Hill was in the process of cleaning house before he was told to step down with no prior counseling or warning from EW.
The AD really is an idiot. I hate the saying "those that can do, those that can't teach". Mr. Nowland is in that category.
Yeah, the kids are athletic, but not very driven academically. With little home guidance. Coach Hill quietly did lots to guide some of these kids away from trouble, essentially doing a parent's job. Not many parents even bother to support their fine young men (sarcasm) playing football Friday nights.
Hey Coach Henderson - keep an eye on your wallet and cell phone!

Posted by: Man with the info ()
Date: April 03, 2014 08:50PM

You can always talk to EW about the hire, but it will have to wait until after the softball season. Since is daughter is on the team all of his time and schools money is tied up with softball. If the admin was smart, they would see how much money and time he spends up there. No other team at the school gets the attention the softball team gets. Same holds true when his son was on the football team. No expense is too much for his kids. Any other program that asks for something he tells them there is no money.

Posted by: Wake up Anton ()
Date: April 03, 2014 09:31PM

Anton..why don't you quit your dream of football and raise your kid. That's right, you have no rights to that kid. Your football career is over. Be the better person and care more about your child instead of football. Don't be like your dad.

Posted by: Mo info ()
Date: April 04, 2014 12:28AM

EW is a big fake. Football season 2012 his kid got lots of game playing time over a better player. Who'd he manipulate or threaten to make that happen?
2013 football season he blows off the football team, then fires pretty much the whole staff with a weak excuse.
What a friggin ass.
Henderson quickly better figure out who's kids to take care of.
I'm guessing that one big mouth african american football mom that has her nose in everything was a huge influence with EW about personnel changes. With the new football staff, I hope she finally gets her kid lots of game playing time. An offer of a blowjob might also help if she hasn't already gone that route. She can high five herself in the stands Friday nights.

Posted by: Hayfield ()
Date: April 09, 2014 03:11PM

For your information softball just recently had one of the best seasons being 23-0 in their regular season. Their talent is just as good as the football team or even better. They've had dozens of girls who have gone on to play division 1 softball. Before you start bashing on the other teams do some research.

Posted by: EEWWW ()
Date: May 13, 2014 12:54PM

EW has definitely been cleaning house, but not sure what the motivation is. He got rid of his long time golf coach, and put in the head JV baseball coach (wait, that's two head coaching jobs -- wouldn't that be "too much on his plate?!) There was at least one kid shaving strokes off his score. The coach and AD knew it, but didn't give a crap. Not sure why you want to have coaches who turn a blind eye to cheating, and you get rid of the ones who try to help kids stay out of trouble.

Posted by: hmmmmmm ()
Date: May 13, 2014 01:34PM

Hayfield Wrote:
> For your information softball just recently had
> one of the best seasons being 23-0 in their
> regular season. Their talent is just as good as
> the football team or even better. They've had
> dozens of girls who have gone on to play division
> 1 softball. Before you start bashing on the other
> teams do some research.

Obvious solution, have the softball team play football in the fall.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.