HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
fairfax maintains it can re-zone property AFTER purchase to same zone
Posted by: facist regime, used tires sale ()
Date: August 29, 2014 08:50AM

fairfax maintains it can re-zone property AFTER purchase to same zone

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/planning/minutes/minutes011200.pdf&sa=U&ei=Mm8AVO28E8mrigLkzYH4Dg&ved=0CB8QFjAD&usg=AFQjCNHVM5Hn5uqT0arkwt2zy7l2foJVGw

fairfax states the that a 12 yr running company that bought an auto station (had been one since 1950's) needs to pay fx co execs to re-zone it to same zone, commercial, because fx co does not have record that this regime is the one that zoned it (rediculous, it's been on record since 50's). county claims the records are at bailey's crossroads "your crazy" facility.

SE-99-M-032. ORDER: to permit use as a service station. Commissioner Hall MOVED THAT THE PLANNING COMMISSION RECOMMEND TO THE
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS THAT SE-99-M-032 BE DENIED AS SUBMITTED.

NOTICE: notice they are talking about "acceptance" of a permit already filed 12yr ago. also note that while dawson's many not be informed they are being shut down today: it will be on file that way - and years down the road the land will be seized if not tomorrow

NOTICE: unless there is public need to PURCHASE property at a fair price, the county can tax the land, no more than any other service station - but it certainly can't seize it (or intently impoverish it then seize it, duh) on "rezoning" which is bullshit to begin with. land was already purchased in zone to rezone the fx co politicals HAVE TO COMPENSATE THE OWNER FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE (lowered valude to due mandatory rezone)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

meanwhile dawson's is selling USED TIRES in the open on craigs list which in VA is ILLEGAL

if it's legal now someone owes me a pile of money for all the used tires I could have sold when i was, surprise, following laws (good ones infact)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

my question is: is there anything today's "authorities", today's legal people, get right ?

if there is i can't find any
Attachments:
summons.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fairfax maintains it can re-zone property AFTER purchase to same zone
Posted by: mKy6X ()
Date: August 29, 2014 09:06AM

why is sale of used tires by auto shops illegal in VA ?

1) danger. if they look good and were replaced there is likely (supposed to be) an unobvious defect that is unsafe: a master tech mechanic and or NHTSC directly or indirectly ordered the tires unsafe. this can cause death. such defects are OFTEN not visible in a pile of tires.

2) conflict of interest. it would allow shops to sell customers tires when they do not need them

Posted by: 7VXyj ()
Date: August 29, 2014 09:08AM

craigs list also deals in used mattresses quite a bit, also illegal in VA not only for businesses but also illegal for individuals. health hazard, and dignity hazard as well

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: August 29, 2014 08:09PM

mKy6X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why is sale of used tires by auto shops illegal in
> VA ?
>
> 1) danger. if they look good and were replaced
> there is likely (supposed to be) an unobvious
> defect that is unsafe: a master tech mechanic and
> or NHTSC directly or indirectly ordered the tires
> unsafe. this can cause death. such defects are
> OFTEN not visible in a pile of tires.
>
> 2) conflict of interest. it would allow shops to
> sell customers tires when they do not need them

NOT challenging you, just curious: why do you say selling used tires is illegal? I see shops like http://ronsusedtireswinchester.com/ and http://www.yelp.com/biz/j-c-new-and-used-tires-alexandria all over the web and openly advertising. I thought maybe there was some rule about not being able to sell both new and used, for the reason (2) you cite, but the second link seems to belie that.

When I first moved to this area in 1986, I had a ratty old vehicle and needed a tire, was surprised when I asked a a shop and they looked at me like they'd never heard of a used tire. Then I started noticing used tire shops in the last few years (which doesn't mean they didn't exist before that).

So...again, I'm just trying to understand here!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.