HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Facing Grand Theft Auto charges and scared for my life
Posted by: Adaamm ()
Date: August 27, 2014 12:09AM

Hello,

I'm a 22 year old student.
I've been working at a car dealership for over 6 months and my boss and I have always argued day in and day out. I was given a car to drive daily from work and back everyday. One day my boss and I got into a very bad argument and He told me I was fired. Completely careless and stupid of me, I took the car home even though I was fired. He called the police and I lied to them but later
The police officer caught me on video even though I lied to the police and said I didn't have it. Now I'm facing grand larceny Auto theft charges. I made a dumb mistake and my court date is coming up in 2 weeks. I was found with the car not too long after the charge was filed. I have one petty larceny prior. What should I do? Will I go to jail for a year? Help anyone any advice or experience is appreciated!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Facing Grand Theft Auto charges and scared for my life
Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: August 27, 2014 12:13AM

Soap on a rope, and a butt plug.

Posted by: You're a genious ()
Date: August 27, 2014 12:41AM

Moron does what?

Advice to the Op from True The Vote! is a really good start.

Posted by: sherlock no-mes ()
Date: August 27, 2014 06:53AM

"Sorry officer, I got let go today and just needed to get home, a buddy of mine is on the way to follow me over and drop it off. Things are heated with my boss today and I should have called a cab to get home but I wasn't thinking straight. The car is right there, I have been driving it with the permission of the dealership for months. It is a misunderstanding and I'm sorry your time was wasted on this today."

Posted by: libs hate America. ()
Date: August 27, 2014 07:49AM

Op is clearly a lib.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: August 27, 2014 08:31AM

Only one petty larceny?

Any driving offenses, drug, DUI, DIP or other shit?

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Googling ()
Date: August 27, 2014 08:46AM

You're going to be fine. Get a good lawyer (though you should already have one.) The Virginia Sentencing Guidelines shouldn't be too bad in your case. I'll bet that they call for no incarceration/probation. You'll probably end up with a felony and no jail, unless your lawyer works a plea to a misdemeanor (though that will probably have some jail with it-the price of getting a misdemeanor v. a felony.) You would be wise to seriously consider taking the misd with the jail time. Being a convicted felon is no fun. I don't see alot a jail with this-maybe 30 days or so- bit some short term pain would be worth it to avoid the felony. You may be able to get to serve that time in the PRC in Fairfax which would be easier than serving it in the Jail itself. You would need to get more than 45 days to serve to get into the PRC. You would also need to go to the PRC before your court date to pre-screen for admission to the PRC. Talk to your lawyer: tell them that you are freaking out and ask about all the options. If you have a hard time getting them on the phone, get their e-mail address and share what you are going through with them.

Posted by: Adamm ()
Date: August 27, 2014 01:21PM

Yes one DUI and only one petty larceny.
Do you think I'll be going to jail for a year?
According to the grand larceny guidelines in Virginia,
Grand Larceny carries a minimum one year jail sentence.
Also, what is PRC? What's better about PRC then regular jail and do you guys know any lawyers who would be willing to work out a payment plan.

Posted by: like2eat@theY ()
Date: August 27, 2014 01:27PM

Attachments:
lol.jpg.gif

Posted by: Martin P ()
Date: August 27, 2014 03:18PM

A good lawyer could get you probation with ease, but not likely to take payments.

Posted by: Trollster ()
Date: August 27, 2014 03:35PM

I love how you posted your email address.

Posted by: Adaamm's new boyfriend ()
Date: August 27, 2014 04:04PM

See you soon Adaamm! Yummy, yum yum!

Posted by: bored123 ()
Date: August 27, 2014 04:18PM

Is this the case?
Attachments:
blah.JPG

Posted by: jDPUj ()
Date: August 27, 2014 04:24PM

"NASIR ","BALAL "," ","043"," 1251","DUNN MEADOW ","CT","VIENNA ","VA","07/10/2008","DISPLAY OF LIC PLATES "

"NASIR ","ROBINA "," ","042"," 5001","COOL FOUNTAIN ","LA","CENTREVILLE ","VA","04/28/2006","NO/STATE INSPECTION "

Date: August 27, 2014 04:32PM

No that's not the case. The email address is my friends in case some helpful information was sent. Yeah I got a lawyer. Should be okay

Posted by: beggar chooser ()
Date: August 27, 2014 05:12PM

I'd beg your old boss to agree that it was a misunderstanding, if he doesn't go along with that it probably indicates that you're an ass who belongs locked up.

Posted by: Former ICE Agent ()
Date: August 27, 2014 07:03PM

jDPUj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "NASIR ","BALAL "," ","043","
> 1251","DUNN MEADOW ","CT","VIENNA
> ","VA","07/10/2008","DISPLAY OF LIC PLATES
> "
>
> "NASIR ","ROBINA "," ","042","
> 5001","COOL FOUNTAIN ","LA","CENTREVILLE
> ","VA","04/28/2006","NO/STATE INSPECTION
> "

You are a godamn muslim isis lover. Get ready to go to Sussex 1 prison you filthy musim cunt.

Posted by: PRC ()
Date: August 27, 2014 09:44PM

These people are lying to you. You don't need 45 days or more to go to PRC.

PRC is the building next to the actual jail. It's for weekenders, work release people and those with non violent offenses, serving very short sentences.

It has soda and smack machines, flat screen TV and exercise equipment. I did 5 weekends there and it was like a fucking daycare. So try your damn hardest to get in there or even try to get work release or weekends and you'll be straight, best of luck to you, Adam!

Posted by: talk to yourboss ()
Date: August 28, 2014 03:47PM

Id find as many upstanding pillars of the community that you can muster that will vouch for your character - get them to contact your ex boss in person if possible asking him to drop charges. Seriously if the guy is a human and you were not stealing the car it should be obvious to the guy.

Unfortunately Im guessing you are not that great a person in terms of character. While my assumption is a wild guess its the only one I can come up with given someone you worked with is willing to send you to jail over an argument. OR you are not telling the whole story (e.g. you already got caught stealing or being a menace to the guy and his business).

Good luck - avoid a felony conviction if at all possible.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: August 28, 2014 03:52PM

What did you steal the first time?

Why are you too good for a felony conviction? People may deserve to know if you can't be trusted, don't they?

You weren't scared when you were taking other peoples shit, why are you scared now?

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: August 28, 2014 07:20PM

The problem is the owner is not a he, it's a very spiteful emotional and biter old divorced bitch

Posted by: Charles Manson ()
Date: August 28, 2014 08:12PM

Ok, you messed up at 22. Who hasn't?

But you haven't killed or injured anyone. Just learn from it and move on. Might cost you a bit of money and hassle. You'll end up hating lawyers, too. We all hate them.

Relax and get a good night's sleep, kid.

Posted by: Charles Manson ()
Date: August 28, 2014 08:14PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.