HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I have advise people living in icy places. From now until spring you will have conditions where snow melts and forms icy pathways. The problem is traction. You can get traction by putting little screws 1/2, 3/8 into the soles of your boots or shews. Obvio
Posted by: Rod ()
Date: December 20, 2008 01:50AM

I have advise people living in icy places. From now until spring you will have conditions where snow melts and forms icy pathways. The problem is traction. You can get traction by putting little screws 1/2, 3/8 into the soles of your boots or shoes. Obviously not long screws in the middle. I'd put about four in but even one will give you tramendous purchase and help you to avoid injuries which you don't need especially in these times. And of course you have to be careful when you come inside, scratching polished floors! Some times we have to think and prepare.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I have advise people living in icy places. From now until spring you will have conditions where snow melts and forms icy pathways. The problem is traction. You can get traction by putting little screws 1/2, 3/8 into the soles of your boots or shews. O
Posted by: Bob ()
Date: December 20, 2008 02:31AM

Or you can just be careful and not walk like an idiot when there's a chance the sidewalks can be icy.

If you're really worried about slipping, just get an old pair of socks and pull them over your shoes.

Re: I have advise people living in icy places. From now until spring you will have conditions where snow melts and forms icy pathways. The problem is traction. You can get traction by putting little screws 1/2, 3/8 into the soles of your boots or shews. O
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 20, 2008 09:31AM

i love when people cant think of a simple title.

Rod, go fuck yourself.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: December 20, 2008 03:41PM

AOL is obviously still in business.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: December 20, 2008 06:36PM

Do the same thing to your car tires. Instant studded snow tires!

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: December 20, 2008 09:35PM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do the same thing to your car tires. Instant
> studded snow tires!

True. So true. Awesome traction!

But, here's little tip: Don't forget that car tires take much more stress than a pair of shoes do, so you really need to use 3 3/4" drywall screws, and lots of them. Especially on the sidewalls.

Posted by: crazy ()
Date: December 20, 2008 09:42PM

Rod, you have screw loose

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 20, 2008 10:10PM

crazy Wrote:
> Rod, you have screw loose

that's an understatement.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: jhey ()
Date: December 22, 2008 01:39PM

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: December 22, 2008 02:01PM

I take tin snips and cut four to five small triangles out of tin. You can use a baking tray. I measure the shoe and then I get a welding touch to bend the tin. Once the tin is bent I wrap it around the shoe. I then cut four rentangle pieces and weigh them, you don't want them to be more then a couple of ounces. Take your welding touch and make several tack welds. You then sand the left side of the long tips. Put the shoes on a band saw and then cut some jagged cuts. Then dipped the shoes in a lead acid based primer to seal the weld. After that just get out your sand blaster and finish up with a fine grit blast.

Wallaa, you now can walk on ice in the winter. It's that simple.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 22, 2008 02:13PM

i was gonna post on FU but i got high

i was gonna post a buncha stuff but i got high

Now I cant remember my login and I know why

Cuz I got high cuz I got high Cuz I got high

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: December 22, 2008 02:21PM

seriously... america was humming along to 'til I got high' for months.. life was easy and innocent. Then september 11 happened, and the buzz was totally killed. Remember how that song disappeared overnight after the attacks?

Posted by: TheAnswer ()
Date: December 22, 2008 03:52PM

I put fish skins on the bottom of my shoes when it gets icy. When was the last time you saw a fish fall on the sidewalk?

Posted by: Osama ()
Date: December 22, 2008 03:54PM

RESton Peace -- you're quite the buzz kill arern't you? I bet you're a blast at parties. How about you burn one and chill out.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 23, 2008 07:52AM

TheAnswer Wrote:
> I put fish skins on the bottom of my shoes when it
> gets icy. When was the last time you saw a fish
> fall on the sidewalk?

you are a sick fucker arent you? fish skins? Really? I bet that smells really nice! What do you put in your underwear to fend off burning and chaffing, a nice furry Gerbal?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.