HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Democrats Fail at Obamacare in Springfield
Posted by: Dr. Hibbert Hates Obamacare ()
Date: January 02, 2014 06:10PM

Ah, the stench of failure, and so close to home, too.

'They had no idea if my insurance was active or not!': Obamacare confusion reigns as frustrated patients walk out of hospitals without treatment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2532869/They-no-idea-insurance-active-not-At-Virginia-hospitals-Obamacare-confusion-reigns-frustrated-patients-walk-out.html

I actually feel bad for both of the women in the story. Mary HAD health insurance until the government decided that her plan isn't good and made the insurance company drop her. Maria probably has no idea that she'll have to pay out $5,500 first before they'll cover anything, and that's on top of her $450 a month premium.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Democrats Fail at Obamacare in Springfield
Posted by: imbiker ()
Date: January 02, 2014 06:13PM

I voted for it! Now that its law, you know what's in it suckers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 06:13PM by imbiker.
Attachments:
gc.jpg

Posted by: Dr. Hibbert Hates Obamacare ()
Date: January 02, 2014 06:59PM

Actually, it's highly unlikely that he read any of the 2,000+ pages that he voted on.

Posted by: Lolol ()
Date: January 02, 2014 07:43PM

Hospitals always make you pay your entire deductible up front before a procedure. Happened to me two different times when I had surgeries early in the year. How is the way Obamacare handles that any different? Go on and explain that, one of you dumb right wing fucks.

Posted by: Yourthedumbfuck ()
Date: January 02, 2014 08:29PM

The polls still indicate the majority of people are against Obamacare. If your goal is to provide insurance to "status quo that left tens of millions of Americans straddled with debt and uninsured.", 7 million isn't cutting it. At this point there are still more people that lost coverage through cancellations than have signed up for obamacare and you call that encouraging? Obamacare does relatively little for poor people. They could not afford the cheaper so called worse plans so what makes you think they can suddenly afford the out of pocket expenses in an obamacare plan? The Oregon medicaid experiment shows that new medicaid recipients increased the level of ER visits not decreased them because ER for them are free. Young people can just wait till something happens then can't be denied coverage so they can't get it then if they need to. This law is bad and is doomed to failure, just ask Michael Moore. Pull your head out of your ass.

Posted by: Dept Of Redundancy Dept ()
Date: January 02, 2014 08:49PM

Failure and Democrat are synonymous terms. No need to use both in same sentence.

Date: January 02, 2014 08:55PM

Obamacare is now the law of the land. You dumb fuck baggers can whine and cry and make up all the shit about it you want to, but you are just pissing into the wind. I think Obamacare is far from perfect myself, but then the Daily Mail is a right wing rag so it's going to be totally slanted and you dumb fucks eat it up with a spoon. The best thing about Obamacare is the way it makes you baggers shriek with your impotent rage and there is not one little thing you can do about it except post your empty amusing little useless diatribes that just make you look like even more pathetic losers.

Posted by: Cry Me a River ()
Date: January 02, 2014 09:19PM

So one of these women signed up right before Christmas and expected to be covered by January 1 - undoubtedly without receiving confirmation from the insurance provider and admittedly without having paid the premium. What do you expect? Even without Government intervention, insurance providers can't be expected to turn this stuff around immediately.

This woman made the choice to go with a bare bones plan with a high deductible. Presumably she understood that at the time she signed up. So she would probably wind up paying for her visit to the emergency room in any case. She chose to leave when she realized that it might actually cost money to receive services. That's life. Responsibility and self-reliance, right? Right???

And you have no idea what this woman's deductible is. Nor do you have any idea how her Obamacare plan compares to her old plan, which may have been worse. That doesn't stop you from jumping to conclusions, however.

Let's face it - you people only care about this woman or any other 'victim' of Obamacare as long as they appear to advance your argument that the program sucks.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: January 02, 2014 09:41PM

Dailymail.uk? LOL.

Also, the insurance and medical system in this country is fucked up. Unless you've been up the medical shit creek without an insurance paddle, you don't know how fucked up it really is. COBRA is an unaffordable joke. $100,000 in medical bills is a joke. Not being able to work because you're sick but can't afford to get well so you can work is a sad, sad joke.

"Boo hoo, employers will have to pay more." Guess what? Healthy workers cost more, but not as much as sick workers.

I don't understand how people rationalize, "My boss doesn't care about my health and I would hate for my well-being to cut into his profit margin." When did people become OK with the idea that getting metaphorically screwed is not only acceptable, but good to the point where nothing needs to be done about it?

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: holy shit libs are stoooopid ()
Date: January 02, 2014 09:49PM

Damn, liberals epitomize stupidity.

Date: January 02, 2014 10:06PM

holy shit libs are stoooopid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Damn, liberals epitomize stupidity.

And that's our social contract is fucked up.

Posted by: Keep fighting with yourselves ()
Date: January 03, 2014 07:43AM

Lolol Wrote:
> Obamacare is now the law of the land.

So were Slavery, Prohibition, anti-sodomy, adultery... Is that the best argument you all can parrot? Not that I gave a shit, I'm on a Federal plan. I had pretty good coverage before but now it's great, relatively speaking. I'm no right winger but I see what's happening. You all are getting screwed and keeping all of you pissed off at each other keeps the politicians in their jobs. Orwell and the commies had it mostly correct, maintain an external enemy and control the food supply to control the people. What they are doing now is dividing internally, seems to be much more effective. You and Column should know. You both seem well read on Karl Marx and Vlad Lenin.

Did you have to cough up $5500 before your surgery? How many people who signed up for "bronze" coverage have that just lying around? Fools.

Date: January 03, 2014 10:05AM

What a fucking hypocrites you dumb fuck baggers are...you rage helplessly against Obamacare, then you snivel because it isn't good enough. Shouldn't your line be that these people should get jobs with good insurance? You're slipping. Oh and you Feds better wake up and smell the coffee, you're gonna wind up on Obamacare eventually yourselves, the right wing whackos in congress will make sure of that.

Posted by: giving up ()
Date: January 03, 2014 02:09PM

Lolol,
You are an idiot wrapped up in a moron.

Posted by: clear post ()
Date: January 03, 2014 02:14PM

Lolol Wrote:
> Hospitals always make you pay your entire
> deductible up front before a procedure. Happened
> to me two different times when I had surgeries
> early in the year. How is the way Obamacare
> handles that any different? Go on and explain
> that, one of you dumb right wing fucks.

because obama promised all treatments would be free. what he left out was free to illegals and the welfare crowd. the rest of you pay through the nose.

Posted by: Dr Snip ()
Date: January 03, 2014 02:17PM

Lolol Wrote:
> Hospitals always make you pay your entire
> deductible up front before a procedure. Happened
> to me two different times when I had surgeries
> early in the year. How is the way Obamacare
> handles that any different? Go on and explain
> that, one of you dumb right wing fucks.

Your surgery was elective to change to a woman from a man, thats why they made you pay up front. Its elective surgery.

Posted by: Fed ()
Date: January 03, 2014 02:19PM

Lolol Wrote:
> Oh and you Feds better wake up and smell the coffee, you're
> gonna wind up on Obamacare eventually yourselves,
> the right wing whackos in congress will make sure
> of that.

Yes, Obamacare will be so much better when we are ALL totally fucked. Right wing whackos won't make that happen, it's the law of the land, remember? The law one party voted for without reading will make that happen.

Except that whatever bad happens to Feds will happen 2-3x as bad to you. Think about that as you're wishing everyone to be in as miserable a position as you are. Let's see if you're Lolol'ing then.

Posted by: proudtobegop ()
Date: January 03, 2014 06:05PM

anthem premium before obamacare...$102.00...now under obamacare...cheapest plan is $299.00 with no subsidy. i'm young and healthy and will opt out for now. if i get sick, i'll sign up since i can't be denied for pre-existing conditions. no need to fight over obamacare...it will collapse on it's own.

at the end of this year, more people will be without health insurance than before the obamacare debate started in 2009.

Posted by: So Much Stupid ()
Date: January 03, 2014 06:29PM

proudtobegop Wrote:
> anthem premium before obamacare...$102.00...now
> under obamacare...cheapest plan is $299.00 with no
> subsidy. i'm young and healthy and will opt out
> for now. if i get sick, i'll sign up since i
> can't be denied for pre-existing conditions. no
> need to fight over obamacare...it will collapse on
> it's own.

You're an idiot. You think you're gaming the system, but you're not. Obamacare saw you smug, entitled little brats coming. There is a defined enrollment period, and - if you miss it - you're screwed until the next year. So, if you get into a car accident the day after enrollment ends, and you incur 50k in expenses trying to put yourself back together, that debt is on you.

That premium is not unreasonable, especially for someone who presumably makes a healthy income since you don't qualify for a subsidy. Suck it up - a few less mocha cappachinos at Starbucks and one less video game a month and you should be good to go.

Posted by: proudtobegop ()
Date: January 03, 2014 06:39PM

So Much Stupid Wrote:
> proudtobegop Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > anthem premium before obamacare...$102.00...now
> > under obamacare...cheapest plan is $299.00 with
> no
> > subsidy. i'm young and healthy and will opt
> out
> > for now. if i get sick, i'll sign up since i
> > can't be denied for pre-existing conditions.
> no
> > need to fight over obamacare...it will collapse
> on
> > it's own.
>
> You're an idiot. You think you're gaming the
> system, but you're not. Obamacare saw you smug,
> entitled little brats coming. There is a defined
> enrollment period, and - if you miss it - you're
> screwed until the next year. So, if you get into a
> car accident the day after enrollment ends, and
> you incur 50k in expenses trying to put yourself
> back together, that debt is on you.
>
> That premium is not unreasonable, especially for
> someone who presumably makes a healthy income
> since you don't qualify for a subsidy. Suck it up
> - a few less mocha cappachinos at Starbucks and
> one less video game a month and you should be good
> to go.

actually...i'm not a smug, entitled, little brat. i'm well educated, served in the military and work hard for my money. i don't drink starbucks or play video games. i am responsible with my money. i had an insurance plan that met my needs and my budget. but people like you thought you knew better about what i needed. i will take care of myself.

your mentality is exactly what is wrong with this nation now; but you are a liberal politician's dream. The dems tell you, "sure the premiums are much higher...but the policies will be so much better. and you will love the healthcare we're going to give you." and you lap it up. pathetic...

Posted by: brits_win ()
Date: January 03, 2014 09:00PM

The real story here is that our government is in the midst of The Epic Fail of the Century and we have to rely on British journalists to do the investigative stories!!!!!!!

Where in the hell are the dozens of American media stories on ObamaCrap??

Were they paid off for their silence ????

Date: January 03, 2014 10:53PM

Lol. "Investigate."

People will really believe anything as long as they want to.

Posted by: Manly man ()
Date: January 03, 2014 11:00PM

I was never covered for a pap smear and under obamacare I am. My wife is also covered now for prostate exams. Thank you Mr President.

Date: January 04, 2014 12:22AM

Fed Wrote:
> Lolol Wrote:
> -----
> > Oh and you Feds better wake up and smell the
> coffee, you're
> > gonna wind up on Obamacare eventually
> yourselves,
> > the right wing whackos in congress will make
> sure
> > of that.
>
> Yes, Obamacare will be so much better when we are
> ALL totally fucked. Right wing whackos won't make
> that happen, it's the law of the land, remember?
> The law one party voted for without reading will
> make that happen.
>
> Except that whatever bad happens to Feds will
> happen 2-3x as bad to you. Think about that as
> you're wishing everyone to be in as miserable a
> position as you are. Let's see if you're
> Lolol'ing then.

You make no sense, since I won't be worse off. But the whack job baggers in congress put their OWN employees on Obamacare, thinking they were somehow sticking it to Obama...instead they screwed their own staff, since they didn't allow the govt. to subsidize part of the cost the way it does with the federal employee health plan, which basically means a huge pay cut. It's not Obamacare's fault the wing nuts did this. But since they did it to their own staff you can bet they'll do it to Feds. And it'll be on them, not Obamacare.

Posted by: Liberal Logic 35 ()
Date: January 04, 2014 01:30AM

brits_win Wrote:
> The real story here is that our government is in
> the midst of The Epic Fail of the Century and we
> have to rely on British journalists to do the
> investigative stories!!!!!!!
>
> Where in the hell are the dozens of American media
> stories on ObamaCrap??
>
> Were they paid off for their silence ????

Fox is covering it and the New England Journal of Medicine to some extent. As far as rest of the media, theyeve been nothing but a partisan mouth piece since Obama started to run in the primary in a half decade ago.

Had their been actual unbiased coverage of the issue the bill would have died

Posted by: wingtits ()
Date: January 04, 2014 07:41AM

http://charlespetzold.com/blog/2013/12/I-Health-Insurer.html

In 1989 and 1992, the well-known conservative think-tank The Heritage Foundation released two studies, “Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans” and “The Heritage Consumer Choice Health Plan,” which described approaches to health insurance that preserved the role of the free market, and hence appealed to conservative ideology. The Heritage Foundation recommendations involved requiring health insurance companies to make available policies with certain minimum standards and covering pre-existing conditions, but also require everyone to purchase health insurance, much like everyone who operates a car is required to buy automobile insurance.

It’s certainly not as elegant as single-payer “Medicare For Everybody,” but it seemed to be a reasonable conservative approach that retains a dominant role for the private-sector health insurance industry. Policies are required to cover pre-existing conditions, but there’s no anti-selection because everyone is required to buy health insurance.

Another essential guard against anti-selection is a uniformity of benefits. Medical costs that are more elective than others — such as pregnancy — can’t be optional because people planning a pregnancy would get the extra coverage before conceiving, and then drop the coverage after delivering. Such coverage must be mandatory for the system to work.

In 2006, Republican Governor Mitt Romney signed a bill implementing the Heritage Foundation approach in Massachusetts, and in 2010 the Heritage Foundation approach was adapted for nationwide use (but still administered by individual states) as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, known popularly as Obamacare.

Posted by: Fuck Obama ()
Date: January 04, 2014 05:29PM

Obamacare is a fucking disaster AS PREDICTED when the cunt Pelosi and asshat Reid forced it on the citizens who knew it was shit. Now those fuckers want to excuse themselves and their shitty staff from the fucking law and the asshole Obama will do it.

To all of you fuckers that voted for Obama the second time around- FUCK YOU!

Posted by: words of advice ()
Date: January 05, 2014 08:15AM

Fuck Obama Wrote:
> Obamacare is a fucking disaster AS PREDICTED when
> the cunt Pelosi and asshat Reid forced it on the
> citizens who knew it was shit. Now those fuckers
> want to excuse themselves and their shitty staff
> from the fucking law and the asshole Obama will do
> it.
>
> To all of you fuckers that voted for Obama the
> second time around- FUCK YOU!

U.S.A! Best country IN THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD,ASSHOLE! If you don't like the fact that ACA IS IN FULL EFFECT and that the majority have voted Obama for a second term, then get the fuck out, you pussie! You're so butthurt and hate this country so much and we don't need your kind holding us back. U.S.A., LOVE IT LEAVE IT, ASSHOLE!!!

Posted by: Inquirer777 ()
Date: January 05, 2014 09:08AM

Why is it that this subject is only quoted in the UK Daily Mail? Why isn't it covered in Alexandria Va newspaper such as the Times or local TV news such as wusa9?

Who exactly is Maria Galvez? I see no reference to her in either local news media source. Only the Daily Mail which is known for making up stories quotes her and all sources in google refer to that newspaper. But why don't local media refer to Galvez or to these other so claled incidents??

Posted by: DID U KNOW? ()
Date: January 05, 2014 01:59PM

If a person earns below the poverty level they cannot have obama care. It is only if you earn a considerable amount of money that you can qualify for obamacare. If not you are SOL but exempt from the law. Also you can't get "FREE" health care in VA. Medicaid isn't even expanding in our state. So again you are SOL.

clear post Wrote:
> Lolol Wrote:
> -----
> > Hospitals always make you pay your entire
> > deductible up front before a procedure.
> Happened
> > to me two different times when I had surgeries
> > early in the year. How is the way Obamacare
> > handles that any different? Go on and explain
> > that, one of you dumb right wing fucks.
>
> because obama promised all treatments would be
> free. what he left out was free to illegals and
> the welfare crowd. the rest of you pay through the
> nose.

Posted by: but who can? ()
Date: January 05, 2014 02:02PM

But who can love it with a dumb prejudiced and close minded society and a govt that gives you the finger way too often?
words of advice Wrote:
> Fuck Obama Wrote:
> -----
> > Obamacare is a fucking disaster AS PREDICTED
> when
> > the cunt Pelosi and asshat Reid forced it on
> the
> > citizens who knew it was shit. Now those
> fuckers
> > want to excuse themselves and their shitty
> staff
> > from the fucking law and the asshole Obama will
> do
> > it.
> >
> > To all of you fuckers that voted for Obama the
> > second time around- FUCK YOU!
>
>
> U.S.A! Best country IN THE WHOLE FUCKING
> WORLD,ASSHOLE! If you don't like the fact that ACA
> IS IN FULL EFFECT and that the majority have voted
> Obama for a second term, then get the fuck out,
> you pussie! You're so butthurt and hate this
> country so much and we don't need your kind
> holding us back. U.S.A., LOVE IT LEAVE IT,
> ASSHOLE!!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.