HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
14-Year-Old Charged With Threatening Elementary School Students
Posted by: NBC NEWS ()
Date: June 24, 2014 04:30PM

A 14-year-old boy is accused of making disturbing threats on Twitter toward young students at a Fairfax County elementary school.

The person behind those messages went by the online name @CrucifixDMme and chose the profile name Adam Lanza, after the gunman from the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in December 2012.The profile also used a photo of Lanza as its main account image.

The tweets by @CrucifixDMme specifically called out students at Belvedere Elementary School in Falls Church. Underneath a picture of six students that had originally been tweeted by the school, the user posted the word "Die."

MORE NEWS: 91-Year-Old Woman Tricked by Men Posing as Repair Workers
Fairfax County Police say he then tweeted, "I shot them like I shot your ki[d]s" to a Twitter user who goes by @SandyHookMom.

The user also tweeted directly at Fairfax County Public Schools and Belvedere Elementary School, which led school officials to contact Fairfax County Police.

Police investigated the disturbing messages for several months before arresting the 14-year-old suspect in May. The boy is charged with making threats. News4 learned Tuesday that more charges could come down shortly.

MORE NEWS: I-66W Ramp Reopens After Concrete Falls Onto Road
"Many times people feel [on] social media, they're anonymous, and they can say and do whatever they want," said Lucy Caldwell of Fairfax County Police. "But when that crosses a threshold and does appear to endanger someone, or appear threatening, police do get involved, and police can and do make arrests in these situations."

Police requested user information from Twitter to track down the boy.

Authorities have not released his name because he is a minor. He is being held in juvenile detention in Fairfax County.

Parents at Belvedere said they had no idea about the threats.

"It's very scary, and the fact that we hadn't heard about that at all puts into question the school administration," father Dan Clancy said. "I mean it's really concerning."

Signe Yock, the mother of a student, said she would have liked to know about it to see if her child could have helped the investigation.

"So that I could talk to my child about it and also ask my kid if he knew anything about it," she said.

Stay with News4 and NBCWashington.com for more shortly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 14-Year-Old Charged With Threatening Elementary School Students
Date: June 24, 2014 04:32PM

You people are so fucking clueless. You really should check your kids phones some time. This kind of shit is lightweight to what's going on.

Police charge Centreville teen with threatening to kill Falls Church elementary students
Posted by: More Info ()
Date: June 26, 2014 03:18PM

Police charge Centreville teen with threatening to kill Falls Church elementary students
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/teen-charged-with-threatening-to-kill-elementary-students/2014/06/24/781528e8-fbc6-11e3-b1f4-8e77c632c07b_story.html?wprss=rss_crime

A 14-year-old boy has been charged for allegedly creating a Twitter account in the name of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza and using it to threaten to rape and kill students at a Falls Church elementary school, according to police and a search warrant.

The Centreville teen was arrested in May and faces a felony charge of making threats, after admitting to a Fairfax County detective he used the social media site to target students at Belvedere Elementary School, according to police and a search warrant.

The Post does not generally name juveniles charged with crimes.

Police began investigating in March after receiving a report that someone was making threats on the school’s Twitter page. The threats were made from a Twitter account that features a color photo of Adam Lanza, who shot and killed 26 students and adults at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school in 2012.

Some of the threatening tweets included “I shot them like I shot your kiks,” “I shot ur kid,” “they deserve to beaten” and a picture of six students with the caption “Die,” the search warrant shows.

Detective B.D. Ellingson also wrote in the court document that the user engaged in a conversation on Twitter with a person who appeared to be a Belvedere student, threatening to rape him or her.

Ellingson traced the messages to a computer in a Centreville apartment building and found the teen involved after an investigation, according to the search warrant.

During an interview, the juvenile admitted to creating the Twitter account and using an iPhone to update it, the search warrant shows. The teen explained to investigators why he targeted the school, but those reasons are not listed in the court document.

The teen also told the detective he stole identities and credit card numbers online, extorted people and engaged in “swatting,” according to the search warrant. Swatting is when someone places a fake 911 call to draw a SWAT team or law enforcement to a home or other location.

Police said the teen has only been charged with making threats at this time.

Posted by: What's the charge? ()
Date: June 26, 2014 03:42PM

What would they charge a 14-year old with in this situation? I can't imagine he would be charged like an adult right?

Posted by: Independent ()
Date: June 26, 2014 08:41PM

What's the charge? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What would they charge a 14-year old with in this
> situation? I can't imagine he would be charged
> like an adult right?

It largely depends on the jurisdiction.

Posted by: MXYVP ()
Date: June 29, 2014 05:33AM

Were people just over reacting?

Posted by: Youbethejudge ()
Date: July 27, 2014 08:45PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.