HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Used lawn care equipment
Posted by: EYTeC ()
Date: July 21, 2014 01:29PM

FFU - i'm moving into much smaller house/lot and need to offload my years of lawn and tree care equipment purchases. Anyone know of a place that buys used equipment in Fairfax? I'm expecting pennies on the dollar from the purchase cost so I'm not looking to maximize my $ on this. Tractor, mowers, plow blade, chainsaws, etc. I'm looking for someone who will back up their truck and basically buy as much as possible from my garage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Used lawn care equipment
Posted by: gay hookups, and used equipment ()
Date: July 21, 2014 01:31PM

Craigslist

Date: July 21, 2014 01:36PM

gay hookups, and used equipment Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Craigslist

That's an option, but I wanted to unload this stuff in one go, not talk to 20 douchebags that want to know if I have a red John Deere tractor then never show up. I've done Craigslist before and it's a pain. Looking for someone who as a business doing this.

Posted by: John Deere ()
Date: July 21, 2014 01:42PM

Doubtful to any business will other than maybe a pawn shop in Manassas. Unless it's commercial-grade equipment and you want to start calling around to lawn care businesses.

If you just want to get rid of it and don't care much about the money, then why not donate it to Goodwill or wherever and take the tax deduction? If you have the income to offset, then that's probably worth more than you'll get selling the way that you're considering.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: July 21, 2014 01:44PM

There are places that run estate sales, primarily for when people die but also for when they downsize. Some of these will also take in consignments and add them in to their next sale.

Posted by: gay hookups, and used equipment ()
Date: July 21, 2014 01:49PM

EYTeC Wrote:
> gay hookups, and used equipment Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Craigslist
>
>
> That's an option, but I wanted to unload this
> stuff in one go, not talk to 20 douchebags that
> want to know if I have a red John Deere tractor
> then never show up. I've done Craigslist before
> and it's a pain. Looking for someone who as a
> business doing this.

It's a pain yes, but make an add saying all or nothing, and have it at a good price. You will find someone, and still get more than any private business would give you.

At the right price I would be interested in everything you listed minus the plow blade.

Posted by: Plowshares ()
Date: July 21, 2014 01:53PM

I could use a tractor and plow blade (assuming that the blade goes with the tractor).

What ya got and how much ya want?

Posted by: Troll? ()
Date: July 21, 2014 02:15PM

Its hard on a site like this thats even shadier than Craigslist to take any stock in a post from just anyone, registered or not as to the legitimacy of a post seeking to sell or offer a service. The Reputation is just not there. If you happen to be Legit, I apologize but suggest a picture of all the equipment and then a way to contact you if someone is interested. Neither sides going to budge on that I don't think. I have seen some used items at either Brandells in Fairfax or Belmont in Newington for Equipment, not sure if its on their website or in the store. you could try some forums onine Lawnserviceforum.com comes to mind to offer the sale of Commercial Equipment. If your serious I would suggest a picture of what you have and then a meeting at a Local Shopping Center, I just don't trust anyone on here to give them a phone number and you have no way to Message not being registered..

Posted by: ^^contacted lost dog throughFFXU ()
Date: July 21, 2014 02:17PM

While getting in contact with someone from FFXU is possible, I think the OP just wants advice not sale through a FFXUr.

Date: July 21, 2014 02:25PM

^^contacted lost dog throughFFXU Wrote:
> While getting in contact with someone from FFXU is
> possible, I think the OP just wants advice not
> sale through a FFXUr.

I was more hoping to find a local business that did what I suggested in the post. If i need to go online, I'll do it in craiglist. I've used CL maybe a half dozen times - it gets the job done, but it's a PITA.

Posted by: Equipment Buyer ()
Date: July 21, 2014 02:29PM

OP - do you have a red John Deere tractor? I'm interested in buying it. I'll be there tomorrow to pick it up. Thx!

Posted by: evergreen8878 ()
Date: July 21, 2014 05:16PM

C'list is a pain. Of course, it being a pain probably means you have your stuff way over-priced. I can hear it now: "I paid $400 for this mower three years ago, and it's never had a problem. The paint is a bit worn and there's a small tear in the bag, but that shouldn't be a hard fix. $340 is a fair price, and think of all the money you'll save on tax buying from me." Yeah, I've run into that dude A LOT of times.

Take its original price and halve it provided the stuff is still in very good shape. Post and wait two days. After two days, delete your original post and then repost, taking off another 25%. Keep doing this. If you want to really cut through the BS, post for 25% of original sale price.

If it takes too long and if you're dealing with too many tire kickers, you're priced too high. You can go for more money but be prepared to deal with idiots and for it to take time.

Posted by: Zitzbath Zark ()
Date: July 21, 2014 05:30PM

I'd check any lawn service that has a Spanish name

Posted by: LawnGuy ()
Date: July 21, 2014 08:28PM

I have a lawn care business, What size cut is the tractor? Any zero turn stuff, how much you looking for the whole lot.

Posted by: LawnGuy ()
Date: July 21, 2014 08:30PM

Previous poster here, send me an email to Lawnboy703@yahoo.com

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.