HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FATALITY! \o/
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 18, 2006 02:52PM

i just stopped by the FCPD report site (havent seen the fun that's been going on lately) and noticed there have been a bunch of fatal car accidents. i ran accross one report that said it was the 15th fatal car accident of the year. there were a couple more reports so that makes atleast 17 fatal car accidents. however, that includes pedestrians getting hit. apparently, there a some people who step infront of cars and some who lie in the road. i dont know why they were lying in the road. for all you chumps that swear that alcohol is the cause of all fatal wrecks, none of the reports indicated there was any alcohol or drugs involved. keep up the good dying, people, lets set the record in 2006! \o/

file.php?2,file=69
As you can see here, Baraka was lying in the road and Sub-Zero
ran him over. It seems like poor planning on Baraka's part.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FATALITY! \o/
Posted by: Price ()
Date: April 18, 2006 04:57PM

What was Baraka's alcohol level?

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: April 18, 2006 06:47PM

How can they justify these "DUI" checkpoints with such pathetic results?

Date: April 18, 2006 10:31PM

it's quite easy, it's a public relations bit. i mean, announcing you are saving the community from drunk drivers and forgetting to mention you have shot and killed people who shouldnt have been shot at in the first place is a lot better than the truth. this way they can swear they "need" even more money to help have more of these checkpoints all the while just feeding their system of trigger happy cops and swat teams looking to kill.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Common Sense ()
Date: April 19, 2006 07:08AM

Of course there is no mention of drugs or alcohol involved when a pedestrian is hit because the police officer that responds to that call and writes a report wouldn't have that information. That call is left up to the medical examiner when an autopsy is done to determine what was in their system (if anything). That is not to say that everyone that gets hit by a car is drunk or high, some is just plain stupidity or carelessness, but I'd be willing to wager that if someone is just lying in the road and they get hit, something else is involved.

Date: April 19, 2006 07:28AM

nah... apparently it was a 76 year-old woman. i somehow dont see grandma as the type to get blitzed. maybe she just got tired. :P

Report: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/reports/Reports%202006/040506accfleehwyupd2.htm
"Police now believe that Mrs. Spiliotopoulos was lying down in the street when struck."

Posted by: kingOFgEEEks ()
Date: April 19, 2006 08:59AM

"Falls Church-Area Woman Dies in Pedestrian Crash

"The pedestrian who died in the crash has been identified as Nanh Le, of 3709 South George Mason Drive #815 E in Falls Church.

"On Friday, April 14 at approximately 12:30 p.m., an 85-year-old woman attempted to walk northbound across Arlington Boulevard near Leesburg Pike. A 2004 Toyota Scion, driven by a 25-year-old Arlington man, was traveling eastbound on Arlington Boulevard when the woman walked into its path of travel. She was hit by the vehicle, transported to Inova Fairfax hospital and pronounced dead. The crash is still under investigation."

I saw the cleanup of this one, and I personally blame stupidity. Nobody in their right mind would try to cross rt. 50 where she did. Traffic is usually going about 50-60 mph, and there is a hill, limiting visibility.

-"The best way to stay in business is to give your competitor all of the risky contracts" Dr. H Randolph Thomas, CE 432 - Construction Project Control, Penn State University

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: April 20, 2006 03:32PM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it's quite easy, it's a public relations bit. i
> mean, announcing you are saving the community from
> drunk drivers and forgetting to mention you have
> shot and killed people who shouldnt have been shot
> at in the first place is a lot better than the
> truth. this way they can swear they "need" even
> more money to help have more of these checkpoints
> all the while just feeding their system of trigger
> happy cops and swat teams looking to kill.

Well said.
*golf claps*

Posted by: LOLZ ()
Date: April 20, 2006 09:30PM

Gravis Wrote:
> nah... apparently it was a 76 year-old woman. i
> somehow dont see grandma as the type to get
> blitzed. maybe she just got tired. :P
>
> Report:
> http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/reports/Report
> s%202006/040506accfleehwyupd2.htm
> "Police now believe that Mrs. Spiliotopoulos was
> lying down in the street when struck."

ROFFLE COPTER LOLLLLER SKATES

Date: April 21, 2006 06:50AM

LOLZ Wrote:
> ROFFLE COPTER LOLLLLER SKATES

this post applies to you: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?2,11722,13928#msg-13928

Posted by: HD ()
Date: April 22, 2006 11:14PM

Pedestrian accidents, isn't that another term for natural selection?

Date: April 23, 2006 05:00PM

HD Wrote:
> Pedestrian accidents, isn't that another term for
> natural selection?

most of the time, yes. people in DC getting hit by a metro bus because they were in dark clothing and crossing in the middle of the road nowhere near a crosswalk deserve what they get.

Posted by: Safety ()
Date: March 26, 2017 03:00PM

slow down and live

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.