HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Holden and Danny show
Posted by: yeayea ()
Date: June 27, 2012 10:00PM

ANyone else feel like the Holden and Danny show on 106.7 the fan is a breath of fresh air for the station? They honestly should give them a longer time slot because they are certainly more entertaining than Mike Wise, and they definitely need to do something with Lavar and Dukes. Danny is very entertaining and Holden is a good match for him. Plus they actually talk about the Nats! I mean the junkies touch on the nats every now and then, but they are the only show that hasn't fully switched to the "all sports format" and they can talk about other stuff besides sports which is good. Lavar and dukes will only talk about the skins, i swear thats all they care about. Its fucking june and the nats are doing great and all they give a shit about is what the redskins are going to do. FOOTBALL IS THREE MONTHS AWAY, worry about that shit when it comes.

Oh and I understand that this is a redskins/football town and thats all anyway cares about. Plus baseball is still new to the area. But atleast give it a chance and talk about it more than a sport that is not even in season right now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Holden and Danny show
Posted by: Ken Beatrice ()
Date: June 27, 2012 10:04PM

Agreed. I really like these two and their chemistry. But, this is how things always go in that business. Remember how great the Junks were when they first came on the air? Now, they're stale...Hopefully, Holden and Danny learn from that.

Posted by: snakeinthegrass ()
Date: June 27, 2012 10:43PM

Give them an extra hour, push Wise to 1-3 and then make Lavar and Dukes 3-7.... Chad always bitches about filling 5 hours of airtime

Posted by: Bruce Variety ()
Date: June 28, 2012 12:18AM

Go NATS!

Posted by: CK What's the deal? ()
Date: June 28, 2012 01:42AM

please get rid of Wise & "Seeeegghh" all together...it's to the point now with the station being closer to Lavar now...he's just mailing it in...and I have no clue what CK is thinking having Dukes talk about sports period...it's funny as hell when he spouts bullshit sports opinions...and his guest analysts totally disagree...lmao

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: June 28, 2012 11:14AM

Not a fan of Wise. Like, at all.

Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: June 28, 2012 11:44AM

snakeinthegrass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Give them an extra hour, push Wise to 1-3 and then
> make Lavar and Dukes 3-7.... Chad always bitches
> about filling 5 hours of airtime

Chad will then bitch about filling 4 hours of air time. Chad will simply bitch about anything. He should count himself lucky to be on the air because he knows nothing about sports.

Wise is literally the worst on air personality ever. His stories take forever and are NEVER interesting or funny. I think it's hilarious how he acted like he banged so many girls he couldn't get them off of him at times. He is so boring I can't imagine anyone actually being entertained for a second.

Posted by: Ditched Radio ()
Date: June 28, 2012 12:07PM

I listened the other day just to see how it was. They are probably the best show on the sorry station. I like Danny a lot and they have good chemistry. If they were on drive time, when I am more often in a car, maybe I'd tune in. As it is, I don't even have 1067 as a preset anymore. I'm not listening to bumbling Lavar on my way home. Wise is the worst on that station though. He belongs on a show like ESPN's Sports Reporters with a bunch of other boring windbags who think the world of themselves.

Posted by: karatechop ()
Date: June 28, 2012 01:00PM

I was listening to Danny filling in on the Lavar show the other day and it just reminded me of how much Dukes sucks. Lavar was still asking rambling, 25 part questions that didn't make any sense, but Danny was actually listening to the callers and guests and asking reasonable questions. Danny and Holden should have the afternoon drive time show, they are the most listenable duo on the Fan.

Posted by: dukeman. ()
Date: June 28, 2012 03:11PM

Just do whatever it takes to get Lavar off the air.

Posted by: Fan of the Fan ()
Date: July 24, 2012 03:51PM

Definitely want to see Mike Wise off the air. Danny and Holden are pretty good, but get stuck on dumn subjects for a little too long sometimes.

I loved Lavar on the field, but sadly he is a total idiot. He can't speak english worth a damn! Can't even pronounce words correctly. He asks terrible questions. When he can't think of something to say, he kinda grunts. So bad. I like DUkes. I think he actually comes on air prepared (unlike Lavar), and has some well thought out points.

The Junks are still the top show on the Fan, and in the entire DC area.

Posted by: WJFK still sucks ()
Date: July 24, 2012 04:41PM

Holden and Danny would only find work in this sorry media market. They only get a nod over the rest of those JFK clowns because they speak correct English for the most part. No "ricky" 1987 14 year old speak.

Posted by: Nerds Watch ()
Date: July 25, 2012 09:05AM

Holden and Danny should be taking over the Wise spot, period. I bet this is is just a stop-gap until the network programming come in and sweeps that whole part of the day out and is replaced with a national show.

Posted by: bumper zzz ()
Date: July 01, 2014 12:59AM

bump

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.