HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jennifer Lawson, 39, dies after truck accident in Arlington
Posted by: The Neighborhood Watch! ()
Date: February 25, 2014 07:03AM

Jennifer Lawson, 39, dies after truck accident in Arlington
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/02/pedestrian-struck-by-truck-in-arlington-in-critical-condition-100523.html#ixzz2uKnXigCv

(WJLA) - The horrifying pictures of the car tell a lot about what happened here in Arlington. The back door of the minivan is torn off, with the child car seat in the back still in place.

Police say the mother, 39-year-old Jennifer Lawson of Arlington, was leaning in to pull her baby out of the car when a truck came rolling by. She was reported in critical condition after being hit, and at approximately 5:30 p.m., was reported to have died from her injuries.

The accident happened directly across the street from Nottingham Elementary School on Little Falls Road, and parents and those who live in the neighborhood say motorists routinely drive way too fast coming down this particular street, which is somewhat narrow.

"People go too fast in this area and they know there is a school right here," says nearby resident Maria Tarqui.

According to police, the driver of the truck stopped his rig and stayed on the scene until help arrived. The child in the back seat was not hurt.

On Monday night, some left flowers near the spot where Lawson, a mother of three, was hit.

"I saw belongings and stuff in the street, and I saw there was a person laying there," said witness Mike Meehan. He and his wife were watching his grandchildren in a home just a few dozen feet away when this happened.

"Her leg was in very, very bad shape, but we had no idea the magnitude, and that she would be passing away this evening. We are so sorry for this family," he said.

Lawson lived just blocks from where she was hit, and also attended a Presbyterian church only a block away. The pastor tells ABC7 that this is a terrible loss, and that Lawson was a wonderful mother to her three children.

At least one of the three goes to Notthingham Elementary, where news of the tragedy is starting to spread.

"It's going to be difficult...a lot of kids know about it already and are going to start asking questions," said parent Kris Holmes.

Go here to watch the news video:
http://bcove.me/5swzw02i
Attachments:
0224-jennifer-lawson-web.jpg
3324519_G.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jennifer Lawson, 39, dies after truck accident in Arlington
Posted by: The Facts ()
Date: February 25, 2014 07:37AM

The Honda Odyssey has a sliding door on both sides. There was no reason she should have been unloading her child on the traffic-side of the vehicle. She's dead and the truck driver was totally at fault and they'll settle out of court for millions but she could have prevented this.

Posted by: RowdyBurns ()
Date: February 25, 2014 07:42AM

Terrible accident but the article never says the truck was speeding.

Posted by: wrongg ()
Date: February 25, 2014 07:51AM

NEVER unload from the street side.

Date: February 25, 2014 07:59AM

Kids kill their mother. Abortion in reverse

Posted by: Why why why why ()
Date: February 25, 2014 08:07AM

why on earth would she unload from the traffic side? The Odyssey has the exact door on the other side. I hope the driver doesnt get charged for this lady's negligence.

Posted by: mnhPy ()
Date: February 25, 2014 08:19AM

She looks like a bicyclist, so maybe this is a Karma thing.

Posted by: Not Interested ()
Date: February 25, 2014 08:19AM

IS there an Arlington Underground website ?

Yes, story belongs there...

Posted by: Lee Iacocca ()
Date: February 25, 2014 08:44AM

And this is why we used to put doors on only one side of minivans. Sad.

Posted by: W...T...F...? ()
Date: February 25, 2014 08:51AM

"this particular street, which is somewhat narrow."

For what, an interfuckingstate? It's a divided street down (from the west and east) to the section in front of the school - where you're (wait for it) NOT supposed to stop (it's also a metro bus stop). There's a "drive thru" in front of the school w/it's own median & traffic indicators as well.

Hurried (that is lazy, self absorbed, 100%%% all about me NOVA) types routinely blow down NLF, and instead of merging left or right, they just plow onto the side & stop there to unload their precious snowflakes.

I'm sure to have passed this twit and her ilk previously - too important to wait in line for drop off or pick up, often even waiving their snowflakes across the street instead of taking the time to walk them to either crossing guard.

Kudos for the "truck driver" for staying...

Date: February 25, 2014 09:32AM

The reason she was unloading from the traffic-side is because that was what was convenient for HER and not her own safety and the safety of her child, who was not injured here beyond seeing her Mom pancaked.

Adults travelling with one child always seem to prefer to put the lone child on the driver's side of the vehicle because that way they can load the child on the same side as the adult gets into the vehicle. They don't want to have to load on the sidewalk side and then walk all the way around to the other side to get in.

"Iaccocca" is right. This is why doors on vans used to ONLY be put on one side...for safety. That and it held the price down.

Moral of the story...if you're travelling with one child, that child should be sitting on the passenger side of the vehicle, in the rear-seat of course. If you have more than child, you should still be loading them BOTH from the passenger side of the vehicle. Yes, it's more time consuming. Yes, it's a pain. And yes, it just might save your life.

Of course, if you are loading you kid from the passenger side and a semi-truck slams into the back of your car at 60mph...well, you're all fucking dead. But, you have to play the percentages folks...

Posted by: What is the code/law? ()
Date: February 25, 2014 09:47AM

What is the law pertaining to the parking/unloading of this fashion on the side of the road?

Posted by: careless bitch ()
Date: February 25, 2014 09:54AM

I hope the truck driver is okay. He will have to live with this all because of a careless bitch.

Posted by: Reality ()
Date: February 25, 2014 10:04AM

"What is the law pertaining to the parking/unloading of this fashion on the side of the road?"

Besides the "No parking from here to corner" signs?

Wanna laugh? Take a look @ Google earth from the West - the camera car caught a fat assed housefrau doing the same, while at the same time there's a... wait for it....

open fucking parking space in the parking lot beside her. No doubt there was an emergency meeting of the Joint Chiefs later in her busy, busy schedule.

So many self important jackwagons here that it's becoming insufferable.

Posted by: Dipwad ()
Date: February 25, 2014 10:25AM

Either way the Dump truck driver took off her door. He was probably texting. Either way he would have hit the van. It is definately his fault.

Posted by: That's funny - as in stupid. ()
Date: February 25, 2014 10:38AM

It is definately his fault

Here's a clue: Physics doesn't give a shit about "fault". Stand in the street, and you're running the risk of finding out about physics first hand. Had Ms. SelfImportant stayed somewhere people can stand and walk on the side of a street< (perhaps we can call them "sidewalks) she'd be alive today.

Posted by: Dipwad ()
Date: February 25, 2014 10:49AM

Using your physics if she was on the other side of the van it still would have been hit. She still would haver had a high probability of death if she was in the van trying to buckle her child in. You are trying to claim sidewalks save lives ? Good one Einstein.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: February 25, 2014 10:53AM

The Facts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She's dead and the truck driver was
> totally at fault and they'll settle out of court
> for millions but she could have prevented this.

How do you know the truck driver is at fault? Virginia still recognizes Contributory Negligence. If the woman was standing in the travel portion of the roadway and the truck was not violating any traffic regulations, there will be no settlement with anyone.

Posted by: One Question ()
Date: February 25, 2014 10:54AM

Was she in any way related to Melinda Ardinger? Is Melinda angry that someone else is stealing the spotlight away from her?

Posted by: Wackadoo ()
Date: February 25, 2014 11:08AM

What? No rant from Gerry blaming the republicans and Jews for not creating yet another law to restrict trucks from Arlington? He must be off his game.

Posted by: ubcGG ()
Date: February 25, 2014 11:08AM

motorists routinely drive way too fast coming down this particular street

what? alex. cops giving up the chance to fine $500 for school zone speeding?

i don't beleive you. really i don't.

i would be interesting to know if there was a flashing yellow light signifying children might be crossing the street

----------------------
and why don't we have any info on the offending driver ?

charges ?

i gather that wasn't a 25mph school zone crossing accident

Posted by: That's funny - as in stupid ()
Date: February 25, 2014 11:11AM

"Using your physics if she was on the other side of the van it still would have been hit"

Want to know how we all know you didn't 1) read the fucking article, and 2) can't look at a photo?

Posted by: exffx ()
Date: February 25, 2014 11:13AM

I blame the NRA.

Posted by: Down with the NRA ()
Date: February 25, 2014 11:15AM

The National Restaurant Association is why this poor woman overate and was unable to walk the entire distance around her minivan!

Down with the NRA!!!!!

Posted by: Melinda Ardinger ()
Date: February 25, 2014 12:31PM

One Question Wrote:
> Was she in any way related to Melinda Ardinger?
> Is Melinda angry that someone else is stealing the
> spotlight away from her?

HA HA, you're so funny I forgot to laugh. Seriously though, I was parked in my POS right in front of this poor woman's Minivan. I came this >< close to breaking a nail. Surprisingly, someone stopped after the accident to help. Not me of course, because you know I hate Northern VA.
Attachments:
324309.jpg

Posted by: You people don't think ()
Date: February 25, 2014 12:36PM

She has three kids that require car seats.

Posted by: You don't think ()
Date: February 25, 2014 12:44PM

As of now "she" doesn't have anything. BTW, that model Honda = 3 rows, so what's your point?

Posted by: Luke Warmwater ()
Date: February 25, 2014 02:18PM

I am curious....have the memorials started? You know, the teddy bears, flowers, poems, and candles? This ritual has to be the most idiotic thing I have ever seen.

Posted by: Warm Luke Torn? ()
Date: February 25, 2014 03:23PM

Luke Warmwater Wrote:
> I am curious....have the memorials started? You
> know, the teddy bears, flowers, poems, and
> candles? This ritual has to be the most idiotic
> thing I have ever seen.

Jealous? No teddy bear for valentines?

Posted by: Sad ()
Date: February 25, 2014 03:27PM

You don't think Wrote:
> As of now "she" doesn't have anything. BTW, that
> model Honda = 3 rows, so what's your point?

She has a comfy slot waiting for her at the Cemetary with a nice view of the parking lot. Seriously though, this is enormously sad.

Posted by: wondering...? ()
Date: February 25, 2014 04:45PM

Look at the van pic closely, there its minimal damage to the side, that truck only took her and the door out! Damn he was too close and had to know it, was he driving between two parked cars on a narrow road, our passed/passing? Sucks, anyone looking for a custom Honda Odyssey?

Posted by: Grossed out ()
Date: February 25, 2014 05:27PM

Wow, you people are toxic. Laughing and mocking a roadside memorial done by neighbors? Calling the deceased, who was leaving the school after volunteering in her son's classroom (so she couldn't use the dropoff circle, and the parking lot is only for faculty -- so she HAD to park on the street) names and speculating on her self-absortion and privilege? You guys are dumb and crass and so eager to be negative that you seem to have misplaced your humanity. Good luck with that.

Posted by: Not after hours... ()
Date: February 25, 2014 05:35PM

and the parking lot is only for faculty

Posted by: Bea ()
Date: February 25, 2014 05:43PM

Agree with PP. All of you are disgusting. Three very young children just lost their mom. You are all Neanderthals. I'd tell you to go to hell but you've created it quite nicely for yourselves here on this forum. What a bunch of douchebags you are.

Posted by: Leave Brittney Alone!!!! ()
Date: February 25, 2014 05:50PM

You racist democrats hate Moms! She was der wunderfful!!!

Posted by: kd9Pw ()
Date: February 25, 2014 05:56PM

you right !

they said it was a truck they didn't say it wasn't a tv van. could have been jennifer ardent

----------------------------
ever notice sometimes fx. co. tells you who is in an accident or arrest sometimes not ? even when criminal charges might be filed ?

they didn't this time didn't say. i should say DEMOCRATS did not say, we see in the picture and just know from looking down the street.

Posted by: millions? ()
Date: February 25, 2014 07:19PM

The Facts Wrote:
> The Honda Odyssey has a sliding door on both
> sides. There was no reason she should have been
> unloading her child on the traffic-side of the
> vehicle. She's dead and the truck driver was
> totally at fault and they'll settle out of court
> for millions but she could have prevented this.

Here's a fact for you. Most dump trucks are owned and operated by beaners with little or no insurance. Where are these millions coming from?

That's why the beaners use home depot stickers to letter their trucks. "Jose's Trucking" kills somebody this week, next week the same truck will say "Pedro's Trucking" on the doors.

Posted by: RangerRikki ()
Date: February 25, 2014 07:31PM

This is just a terribly tragedy - three kids lost their Mom. People, please don't unload your kids on the street side of the car. Let's try to prevent another preventable accident.

Date: February 25, 2014 07:39PM

millions? Wrote:
> >
> Here's a fact for you. Most dump trucks are owned
> and operated by beaners with little or no
> insurance. Where are these millions coming from?
>
> That's why the beaners use home depot stickers to
> letter their trucks. "Jose's Trucking" kills
> somebody this week, next week the same truck will
> say "Pedro's Trucking" on the doors.

VA is not a mandatory insurance state for private passenger vehicles. Dont know for sure but I believe commercial vehicles do have to have liability insurance so I think youre full of shit possibly (notice my many qualifiers hahaha)

Posted by: uradunce ()
Date: February 25, 2014 07:43PM

RangerRikki Wrote:
> This is just a terribly tragedy - three kids lost
> their Mom. People, please don't unload your kids
> on the street side of the car. Let's try to
> prevent another preventable accident.

And when you get in to drive, be sure to enter from the passenger side and slide over.

Posted by: mister windsheild ()
Date: February 25, 2014 08:18PM

Has anyone heard how the truck driver is doing? Is there a relief fund set up for him yet?

Posted by: Truly ()
Date: February 25, 2014 08:52PM

There was a fund set up for this woman. I'm very sorry for her and her family, but they paid 2.1 million for their house in Arlington back in 2007, so I'm guessing they aren't hurting for money....so why set up a fund?

Date: February 25, 2014 08:58PM

Some people will do anything to steal the spotlight from me!

Date: February 25, 2014 09:00PM

The kids are young so daddy can tell them mommy's in heaven. He can get some young thing that hasn't destroyed her vagina by having 3 rugrats. Win win

Date: February 25, 2014 09:02PM

Truly Wrote:
> There was a fund set up for this woman. I'm very
> sorry for her and her family, but they paid 2.1
> million for their house in Arlington back in 2007,
> so I'm guessing they aren't hurting for
> money....so why set up a fund?

He may need a fund because that house might be worth half that now.

Posted by: x ()
Date: February 25, 2014 09:31PM

To "The Facts", Mr./Mrs. Know-it-all: Can't you see the utility pole next to her car that would've prevented the side door from opening? Consider that the street parking may have been otherwise full with lots of residents or parents unloading their children.

Its so comforting to know we all have "The Facts" here to set us straight. Thanks a lot, Dick.

Posted by: SDA ()
Date: February 25, 2014 09:32PM

What in the hell is wrong with you people? Do any of you actually have three young children in the semi-permanent car seats now used for young children? Are you going from volunteering at your oldest child's school while taking your youngest to go pick up your middle child from preschool? Do you do this on a daily basis? This is a horrifying and tragic situation for all involved, but for some of you assholes to be blaming this mother whom you do not know for her own death is disgusting and cruel.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: February 25, 2014 09:36PM

SDA Wrote:
> What in the hell is wrong with you people? Do any
> of you actually have three young children in the
> semi-permanent car seats now used for young
> children? Are you going from volunteering at your
> oldest child's school while taking your youngest
> to go pick up your middle child from preschool? Do
> you do this on a daily basis? This is a horrifying
> and tragic situation for all involved, but for
> some of you assholes to be blaming this mother
> whom you do not know for her own death is
> disgusting and cruel.

I'll bet daddy won't be using the street side when it gets out of the repair shop.

Date: February 25, 2014 09:46PM

Yes, Uradunce, because sliding into the driver's seat is exactly the same as sticking your backside into the road to get out your kid. Idiot.

Date: February 25, 2014 11:49PM

@millions?: Great point...If as you pointed out, the driver was an independent brown, savage, illegal mud-person driving a rental truck with a temporary sign on it than I have to admit, you're right...her family will get nothing. In my initial post, I was assuming the driver worked for a large, incorporated sand and gravel or other trucking company. A guy I went to school with was t-boned by a Coke truck that ran the red. He's in a wheelchair, talks like Stephen Hawking and takes every meal through a straw now...settled out of court for $49M.

@x: Hey, thanks...that's what I'm here for. Honestly, didn't this story just give you that "RUN DOWN" feeling? "Oh, no he didn't! Oh what a bastard! How dare he say that shit on here!"

We know. We ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL know. You're just so goddamn butt-hurt over the whole thing, aren't you? Tell you what...why don't you go back to your room...errrr, I mean your parents' basement? Mommy will be down soon to smother your genitals with marshmallow fluff while Daddy plays hide-the-nine-iron in your ass and watches you lick your own shit off the end of it. Then you can all watch "Star Trek: Voyager" together, mmmmmmmmmm'k?

Date: February 26, 2014 07:27AM

SDA Wrote:
> What in the hell is wrong with you people? Do any
> of you actually have three young children in the
> semi-permanent car seats now used for young
> children? Are you going from volunteering at your
> oldest child's school while taking your youngest
> to go pick up your middle child from preschool? Do
> you do this on a daily basis? This is a horrifying
> and tragic situation for all involved, but for
> some of you assholes to be blaming this mother
> whom you do not know for her own death is
> disgusting and cruel.

Yes. Please do not convince yourself or others that loading/unloading kids from the street side is ok because you are busy.

This is a sad, terrible tragedy,but one that could have been avoided easily.

Which makes it all the more tragic.

Date: February 26, 2014 07:31AM

x Wrote:
> To "The Facts", Mr./Mrs. Know-it-all: Can't you
> see the utility pole next to her car that would've
> prevented the side door from opening? Consider
> that the street parking may have been otherwise
> full with lots of residents or parents unloading
> their children.
>
> Its so comforting to know we all have "The Facts"
> here to set us straight. Thanks a lot, Dick.

It is never ok, there is never an excuse to unload kids from the street side. Please don't dilute the message from this terrible tragedy.

Posted by: xuVKC ()
Date: February 26, 2014 07:38AM

The ambiguity of details is pretty lame. A dump truck infers a construction vehicle, which being on a open street seems out of place. A garbage truck maybe? Some of those larger vehicles don't even require CDL's, and I'm guessing the driver took a door off too. Poor child will grow up without a mother.

Posted by: crawldog ()
Date: February 26, 2014 07:42AM

Guess everyone here exits their car by crawling across the passenger seat and out the curb side door. Everyone here that gets out the driver side door when parking deserves to die right? She would have been hit had she been getting out of her door just the same as unloading - the driver was not paying attention. So to all you hard core realists talking about brutal physics just shut the hell up. You ass clowns get out of your cars all the time into the deadly traffic.

Posted by: ckxUp ()
Date: February 26, 2014 07:48AM

crawldog Wrote:
> Guess everyone here exits their car by crawling
> across the passenger seat and out the curb side
> door. Everyone here that gets out the driver side
> door when parking deserves to die right? She
> would have been hit had she been getting out of
> her door just the same as unloading - the driver
> was not paying attention. So to all you hard core
> realists talking about brutal physics just shut
> the hell up. You ass clowns get out of your cars
> all the time into the deadly traffic.

Learn to read. She was hit because SHE WAS ILLEGALLY PARKED AND UNLOADING FROM THE STREET SIDE. Did you by any chance notice where she was parked? Didn't think so you brainless crone.

Date: February 26, 2014 07:51AM

Douche, the act of getting out of your car allows you to check your mirror,make sure the road is clear,and get to safety in seconds.

Unloading a child from a car seat is a dfferent deal.You are exposed much longer and are blind to traffic. Did you get out of the third grade?

Stop trying to convince yourself and others it is ok.

Look at the picture of this tragedy. IT IS NOT OK!

Posted by: Cynthia Lewis ()
Date: February 26, 2014 07:53AM

The speed limit there is 30mph, but is reduced to 25 at the beginning and end of the school day. I don't know if speed is a factor in this case, but I would never load my children from the street side. This, sadly, is why.

Posted by: u7hwK ()
Date: February 26, 2014 07:54AM

I live in this community and what they say about driving to fast along there is true. I have parked in that area in the past on school days. I know to look before opening my car door and I amazed at how close and fast people are driving be me when they can slow down or swerve a little. No more parking in front of the school for me.

Posted by: Janelle ()
Date: February 26, 2014 07:55AM

The side door of that minivan does not open out like the driver's side door does, but instead, slides open and closed like a sliding glass door. The dump truck must have been literally up against the minivan for the accident to occur the way it did. Are the streets in Arlington really so crowded that passing parked cars with 1-2 inches to spare is normal?

Posted by: Sharon Silverman ()
Date: February 26, 2014 07:56AM

I am so sorry for the family. Not to be critical but the door that is off the vehicle is on the street side of the van. Was the mother taking her child out of the car on the street side or the pavement side. Most of the schools I know of make you exit children from the pavement side for safety sake. My heartfelt condolences to the family as well as the truck driver who also has to live with this.

Posted by: Cynthia Lewis ()
Date: February 26, 2014 07:57AM

The family had three children, at least two of them used car seats. The older one's was on the other side because often for car drop off purposes at the school and other places it happens on the right side. So the younger one's seat (who was with her) is behind the driver. The thing frustrates me is we have speed bumps all over Arlington, do you think there are any near that school? I am hoping there will be by the end of the summer. Its not well marked along there that a school is coming up if one isn't familiar with the area. And my guess is this driver may not have been. But to take off a car door like that, some inattentive driving my guess is factored into it all.

Posted by: Pathetic ()
Date: February 26, 2014 07:58AM

"driving to fast along there is true"

Yet the idiots in "the community" are why that one short block is NOT a divided roadway like the rest of the road.
Happy now, maggots?

Posted by: XuYpV ()
Date: February 26, 2014 08:05AM

Pathetic Wrote:
> "driving to fast along there is true"
>
> Yet the idiots in "the community" are why that one
> short block is NOT a divided roadway like the rest
> of the road.
> Happy now, maggots?

We need to outlaw dangerous dump trucks and brainless soccer moms.

Posted by: XYZ ()
Date: February 26, 2014 08:22AM

Hind sight is 20/20. You don't expect to be hit/killed when you are pressed up against your vehicle. Clearly the dump truck not only took her sliding door off, but mashed in the side of the vehicle. Had he just bumped her she could have possibly jumped in her own van.

Posted by: Hmmmmmmm ()
Date: February 26, 2014 08:29AM

XYZ Wrote:
> Hind sight is 20/20. You don't expect to be
> hit/killed when you are pressed up against your
> vehicle. Clearly the dump truck not only took her
> sliding door off, but mashed in the side of the
> vehicle. Had he just bumped her she could have
> possibly jumped in her own van.

This is true, check out the pictures of the side of the mini-van. That dump truck smashed it.
Attachments:
3324519_G.jpg

Date: February 26, 2014 08:33AM

RangerRikki Wrote:
> Yes, Uradunce, because sliding into the driver's
> seat is exactly the same as sticking your backside
> into the road to get out your kid. Idiot.

This thread is about unloading kids on the driver's side. Try to keep up.

Date: February 26, 2014 08:54AM

Helloooo?! Can we we get back to discussing MY tragedy?

Posted by: Lifetime Network ()
Date: February 26, 2014 08:59AM

Melinda Ardinger Wrote:
> Helloooo?! Can we we get back to discussing MY
> tragedy?

We're producing a movie for Lifetime called, "Harrowing Highways - The Ardinger story"

Posted by: Smashed? It's CRUSHED!!!! ()
Date: February 26, 2014 09:03AM

That dump truck smashed it."

Sure did. Look at those busted windows...

er, derpa derpa derpa!!

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: February 26, 2014 10:04AM

Everyone should know there is quite a few hurtful people who Troll fairfax underground regularly and who often pose as different people in their many posts. These trolls get a rise from the attention they receive that they haven't gotten elsewhere in their sad lives. The rest of us in the world would be lucky if a dumptruck came by and ran over the whole lot of them.

Posted by: Old School ()
Date: February 26, 2014 10:06AM

You guys are forgetting an unwritten rule of FFXU: you don't make fun of tragic accidents. This wasnt some drunken towelhead who wrapped his 5 series Beamer around a light pole in Clarendon, killing himself in order to avoid his 6th DUI. This was a tragic accident. It's different.

Date: February 26, 2014 10:10AM

Steve Wrote:
> Everyone should know there is quite a few hurtful
> people who Troll fairfax underground regularly and
> who often pose as different people in their many
> posts. These trolls get a rise from the attention
> they receive that they haven't gotten elsewhere in
> their sad lives. The rest of us in the world
> would be lucky if a dumptruck came by and ran over
> the whole lot of them.

I am a wounded warrior. I beg for change at the Vienna metro. Please give because I care about you.

Date: February 26, 2014 10:24AM

Steve Wrote:
> Everyone should know there is quite a few hurtful
> people who Troll fairfax underground regularly and
> who often pose as different people in their many
> posts. These trolls get a rise from the attention
> they receive that they haven't gotten elsewhere in
> their sad lives. The rest of us in the world
> would be lucky if a dumptruck came by and ran over
> the whole lot of them.

You're the worse one and how DARE you critique us? This poor woman takes her children to school and gets literally crushed by a dump truck! And you...YOU are making heartless "Dump Truck" jokes about it. I WISH a dump truck would drive over you!

PS: And see if I stop to help you. This is why I'm ashamed to call myself a Northern Virginian!

Date: February 26, 2014 11:01AM

Ugh the giant caveman Wrote:
> RangerRikki Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes, Uradunce, because sliding into the
> driver's
> > seat is exactly the same as sticking your
> backside
> > into the road to get out your kid. Idiot.
>
>
> This thread is about unloading kids on the
> driver's side. Try to keep up.

Exactly my point. Try to read faster.

Cary does not do a good job
Posted by: Cary u suck ()
Date: February 26, 2014 11:35AM

Cary are you a moderator?
Or do you just surf in once a week ?

MODERATE means in the MIDDLE.
But this board is NOT in the middle.
It is whack.

Let the crowd make fun of Melinda Ardinger all they want, but
there HAS GOT to be some RESPECT for the recently deceased.

Cary, do your job or throw the keys to someone who cares.
Go ahead and block my IP, I will just go to the public library and continue to post how you suck. But you will not read this because you suck. Or none of the crowd will read this after you will delete it, also because you suck.

Date: February 26, 2014 12:06PM

I wasn't joking Old-School, aka Melinda, aka fake-Steve, aka ...

Date: February 26, 2014 12:11PM

But you go on and enjoy your game here, I'm not wasting my time any more with this site and this crap that gets put on here.

Posted by: Yet you're still here... ()
Date: February 26, 2014 12:27PM

Butthurt much?

Re: Cary does not do a good job
Date: February 26, 2014 12:29PM

Cary u suck Wrote:
> Cary are you a moderator?
> Or do you just surf in once a week ?
>
> MODERATE means in the MIDDLE.
> But this board is NOT in the middle.
> It is whack.
>
> Let the crowd make fun of Melinda Ardinger all
> they want, but
> there HAS GOT to be some RESPECT for the recently
> deceased.
>
> Cary, do your job or throw the keys to someone who
> cares.
> Go ahead and block my IP, I will just go to the
> public library and continue to post how you suck.
> But you will not read this because you suck. Or
> none of the crowd will read this after you will
> delete it, also because you suck.

Ever heard of a thing called Freedom of Speech? That's what's being practiced here. No one is making you read it....correct?

Posted by: Fairfax Underground Cust Service ()
Date: February 26, 2014 12:34PM

Cary u suck Wrote:
> Cary are you a moderator?
> Or do you just surf in once a week ?
>
> MODERATE means in the MIDDLE.
> But this board is NOT in the middle.
> It is whack.
>
> Let the crowd make fun of Melinda Ardinger all
> they want, but
> there HAS GOT to be some RESPECT for the recently
> deceased.
>
> Cary, do your job or throw the keys to someone who
> cares.
> Go ahead and block my IP, I will just go to the
Attachments:
30b2242.jpg

Date: February 26, 2014 12:49PM

Cary u suck Wrote:
> > Go ahead and block my IP, I will just go to the

Anybody who would take the time to go to the library to get online just to tell Cary and FU they suck...... has to be mentally ill.

Posted by: 7Gew7 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 01:09PM

Luke Warmwater Wrote:
> Cary u suck Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > Go ahead and block my IP, I will just go to
> the
> > public library and continue to post how you
> suck.
> > But you will not read this because you suck.
> Or
> > none of the crowd will read this after you will
> > delete it, also because you suck.
>
> Anybody who would take the time to go to the
> library to get online just to tell Cary and FU
> they suck...... has to be mentally ill.

...Or has zero hobbies, other than whining about nothing.

Posted by: YmwmM ()
Date: February 26, 2014 03:55PM

So sorry to hear about this. My heart goes out to the families over this terrible accident.

Posted by: Not saying sorry ()
Date: February 26, 2014 05:46PM

I happen to know her.. You people are horrible she's a mom of a 3,4 and 5 year old you need to shut up she was putting her daughter ( not saying name) in her car

Posted by: -.- ()
Date: February 26, 2014 05:52PM

I know her and u need to stop ( my mom was her friend) this is not funny u need to stop

Posted by: Heartless ()
Date: February 26, 2014 07:58PM

Not saying sorry Wrote:
> I happen to know her.. You people are horrible
> she's a mom of a 3,4 and 5 year old...

Not anymore.

Posted by: Angry Person ()
Date: February 26, 2014 07:59PM

In my opinion this website is extremely repulsive. So many people just talking trash about one another, having no remorse or proof of the allegations being made. This site is filled with people who have nothing better to do than hurt other from behind a computer screen. Why this should be a website about helping others and passing information around a community not a war zone where people put other people on trial and say horrible things about people. This is no better than cyber bullying except the anonymous names prevent you form having to reveal who they are. This is like a middle school where people do nothing but start rumors about others to hurt peoples feelings.

I hope that you read this message and think, about your future activity and really only present information that is factual and helpful to others in the northern Virginia area. Put yourself in the person your about to hurt before you post your message.

Posted by: Happy Person ()
Date: February 26, 2014 10:01PM

This is the USA where freedom of speech is in the constitution. It is unfortuanate mean things are said but thats life. There are scumbags in all areas of life. From Doctors to 711 workers it dont matter. So just relax and dont get you"re panties in a wad.

Posted by: Gr00vy.Gh0ul ()
Date: February 26, 2014 10:30PM

@Angry Person: Seriously though...why you so angry, bro? This is FairfaxUnderground.com. Their job is to die and our job is to flame their corpse. And we do NOT apologize for it.

Posted by: regular FFXU'r ()
Date: February 26, 2014 10:38PM

Angry Person Wrote:
> In my opinion this website is extremely repulsive.
> So many people just talking trash about one
> another, having no remorse or proof of the
> allegations being made. This site is filled with
> people who have nothing better to do than hurt
> other from behind a computer screen. Why this
> should be a website about helping others and
> passing information around a community not a war
> zone where people put other people on trial and
> say horrible things about people. This is no
> better than cyber bullying except the anonymous
> names prevent you form having to reveal who they
> are. This is like a middle school where people do
> nothing but start rumors about others to hurt
> peoples feelings.
>
> I hope that you read this message and think,
> about your future activity and really only present
> information that is factual and helpful to others
> in the northern Virginia area. Put yourself in the
> person your about to hurt before you post your
> message.

I agree.

This site does have good content, but unfortunately you have to weave around all the crap to find it.

But seriously angry person, the best thing you can do is just not read death/RIP threads.

Posted by: A Mom ()
Date: February 26, 2014 11:33PM

I'm very sorry for those of you who are making flippant comments in an effort to be funny, or possibly you lack compassion and empathy; you have come to find yourself needing to judge others in order to reassure you of your own safety and intelligence. I'm not saying this to be mean, but I cant think of a single good reason to do anything other than offer a prayer for this family. Three young children lost the center the of their universe. Let’s send love and strength collectively to them through our hearts.

On a practical note, when a truck takes off a sliding door, they directly hit the vehicle. Last time I checked it was not illegal to exit on the side of traffic else all drivers parking on the street would be fined. Drivers are required to yield to even bikers in lanes of traffic, I think striking a mother getting into her car parked on the side of the road would be negligent. As a mom to three young children myself, with the same minivan, my baby's seat is also behind the driver’s seat because it is required for school drop offs, the older children must exit on the right. I do not believe the driver intended to hit this woman and I am sure he is suffering at the result of his actions but blaming the mom is illogical and needlessly unkind.

Just because you can say outrageous things on public forums does not mean you should. Our greatest expressions are of love and kindness. I'd rather see an outpouring of support for this family instead of making this forum, which is a useful tool and communication platform, a cesspool. You may think what you say or do doesn't matter if we don't know who you are, but you are defining yourself as a person each time you do engage in these lower base actions. You can be better than that.

I am so heartbroken for this family, it's so close to home. Poor things. May they feel theirs mother's loving presence with them always.

Posted by: on the inside we are good ppl ()
Date: February 26, 2014 11:42PM

A Mom Wrote:
> I'm very sorry for those of you who are making
> flippant comments in an effort to be funny, or
> possibly you lack compassion and empathy; you have
> come to find yourself needing to judge others in
> order to reassure you of your own safety and
> intelligence. I'm not saying this to be mean, but
> I cant think of a single good reason to do
> anything other than offer a prayer for this
> family. Three young children lost the center the
> of their universe. Let’s send love and strength
> collectively to them through our hearts.
>
> On a practical note, when a truck takes off a
> sliding door, they directly hit the vehicle. Last
> time I checked it was not illegal to exit on the
> side of traffic else all drivers parking on the
> street would be fined. Drivers are required to
> yield to even bikers in lanes of traffic, I think
> striking a mother getting into her car parked on
> the side of the road would be negligent. As a mom
> to three young children myself, with the same
> minivan, my baby's seat is also behind the
> driver’s seat because it is required for school
> drop offs, the older children must exit on the
> right. I do not believe the driver intended to
> hit this woman and I am sure he is suffering at
> the result of his actions but blaming the mom is
> illogical and needlessly unkind.
>
> Just because you can say outrageous things on
> public forums does not mean you should. Our
> greatest expressions are of love and kindness.
> I'd rather see an outpouring of support for this
> family instead of making this forum, which is a
> useful tool and communication platform, a
> cesspool. You may think what you say or do
> doesn't matter if we don't know who you are, but
> you are defining yourself as a person each time
> you do engage in these lower base actions. You
> can be better than that.
>
> I am so heartbroken for this family, it's so close
> to home. Poor things. May they feel theirs
> mother's loving presence with them always.

Hey mom, we are all loving people. We just don't get much attention IRL. So when we make hurtful comments it gets peoples attention, and that is what we desire.

Posted by: jblye56 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 11:42PM

I hope all of you take a second and realize that your words are seen by more than those who entertain this site. I was fortunate enough to have Mr. and Mrs. Lawson as a customer with my company. I had the true blessing of watching that family enjoy their days as one. Mrs. Lawson always greeted us with a smile and sincerity. It saddens me to see such malevolent words thrown at someone who would be more than willing to absorb them without asking why. We should all act as one, not live alone. Tell your loved ones sweet dreams. Kiss them good day

Date: February 27, 2014 06:26AM

A Mom Wrote:
>
>
>

One thing everyone could do to stop the posts here is to stop defending putting your children in harms way by loading/unloading from the street side!
It may take you a few more precious seconds to enter your van from the sidewalk side to remove your child.

This tragedy was seconds away from being even worse. Something with even the tiniest of risks that can be avoided SHOULD BE.

Posted by: You're Right ()
Date: February 27, 2014 06:55AM

A Mom Wrote:
>
>
>

You're right, it wouldn't have mattered which side she was on. From this picture everyone can see that the dump trunk damaged the entire driver's side of the car.
Attachments:
3324519_G.jpg

Posted by: Amazing... ()
Date: February 27, 2014 08:58AM

" From this picture everyone can see that the dump trunk damaged the entire driver's side of the car."

Yeah, man - it's like the wheels on the other side are pushed over so far that they're not...
er, even touching the other curb.

Look, it's sad the lady died, family w/o mom & all that. Really, it is. The reality is though that one should not stand in the street when the other option is available. Period.

Posted by: W...T...F...? ()
Date: February 27, 2014 09:01AM

"my baby's seat is also behind the driver’s seat because it is required for school drop offs"

Er, no. You can put the seats anywhere in the vehicle - that has nothing to do with which side you use to exit - especially the case w/this Honda, which has 3 row seating...

Posted by: SERIOUSLY WTF?!?!? ()
Date: February 27, 2014 09:20AM

W...T...F...? Wrote:
> "my baby's seat is also behind the driver’s seat
> because it is required for school drop offs"
>
> Er, no. You can put the seats anywhere in the
> vehicle - that has nothing to do with which side
> you use to exit - especially the case w/this
> Honda, which has 3 row seating...

See...this is the nation of pussified sheep that we've become. We confuse authority's (in this case the school) laws, rules and/or regulations with requests or things that are simply best for them or a convenience...NO SCHOOL CAN REQUIRE YOU TO PUT YOUR CAR SEAT IN A CERTAIN PLACE, FUCKERS! They can ask, but they can't require it.

It's YOUR child, YOUR car and YOUR child seat. YOU are permitted to secure it on whichever side of the vehicle YOU like. And let's be rational here...driving a car, or putting your child in your car has inherent risks some of which could be fatal no matter which side they're on. But, as parents you have to play the percentages and do what's safest, right?

Load and unload kids from the PASSENGER SIDE only. If this is a problem for your school, because they prefer to load/unload kids from the driver's side then find a place a few blocks away, park, load/unload and then take or get the kids to/from school.

Either you want to keep your kids safe (and admittedly increase the time your pickups and drop-offs take) or you're a mindless slave to authority who doesn't love their kids enough to keep them safe because damnit...that's what school wants you to do.

Posted by: Seriously get the facts ()
Date: February 27, 2014 10:12AM

She had three small children. All require car seats. The child she was putting in the car had their seat drivers side. The other car seat all the way in the back.

Posted by: English. Do you speak it? ()
Date: February 27, 2014 10:13AM

"The other car seat all the way in the back"

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.