HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
A relative of mine relocated to Fairfax County for a job and payed over $70,000 total in rent in just 4 years. Is that the norm for this area?
Posted by: Floridian ()
Date: May 01, 2014 03:16PM

A relative of mine relocated to Fairfax County for a job and payed over $70,000 total in rent in just 4 years.

Is that the norm for this area?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A relative of mine relocated to Fairfax County for a job and payed over $70,000 total in rent in just 4 years. Is that the norm for this area?
Posted by: Section_8_Sharon ()
Date: May 01, 2014 03:18PM

That would be about $1,450 a month. Probably about right for a decent size place that's not crawling with illegals.

Re: A relative of mine relocated to Fairfax County for a job and payed over $70,000 total in rent in just 4 years. Is that the norm for this area?
Posted by: Cruel Words ()
Date: May 01, 2014 03:22PM

The norm in this area is to know the difference between "payed" and "paid."

Posted by: Miss Krabappel ()
Date: May 01, 2014 03:28PM

^^^^

I just guffawed and disrupted everyone around me. Good one.

Date: May 01, 2014 03:30PM

Cruel Words Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The norm in this area is to know the difference
> between "payed" and "paid."

So I made a grammar mistake. Big deal.
She asked for a transfer out of the area and she eventually got it but it took 2 years.
$36,000 more dollars down the drain.
Needless to say she is happier where she is now and is glad to be out of this overpriced shithole.

Posted by: Billy Bob ()
Date: May 01, 2014 03:35PM

Yep, it takes about 50k a year if you are a renter to get a respectable place to rent for yourself and barely break even in this area while living fairly comfortably.

At 70k you could do okay and even put away some savings provided you don't have children or a massive car payment/debt.

Posted by: F4ttC ()
Date: May 01, 2014 03:48PM

You could always swing your big old dong around town, you know make some more cash and pay rent that way

Posted by: Making The Rent. ()
Date: May 01, 2014 03:58PM

F4ttC Wrote:
> You could always swing your big old dong around
> town, you know make some more cash and pay rent
> that way

You won't make enough cash to buy the hamburger meal at McDonald's with your schlong.

OTOH, if you're willing to suck off some wrinkly old queer or rent out your shit chute for a vigorous ass reaming, you can make some cash in this area, especially if you're a sweet looking young thing with some pouty DSL's and a tight, round butt.

They don't call them Rent Boys for nothing, after all.

Date: May 01, 2014 04:20PM

She had to move twice while she was here because the places she was renting at kept raising the rent after her initial lease ended.
Moving here was not a good experience for her.

Posted by: Section_8_Sharon ()
Date: May 01, 2014 04:42PM

Floridian Wrote:
> She had to move twice while she was here because
> the places she was renting at kept raising the
> rent after her initial lease ended.
> Moving here was not a good experience for her.

That's not uncommon around here. Rents don't stay the same for long.

Posted by: T7dKP ()
Date: May 01, 2014 04:46PM

fx co has illegals who (reason unk) are in family size luxury condos and not paying rent - that fairfax built

so your friend got terribly ripped off, considering

------------------------------------

republicans are suffering from $13T of democrats printing their way into power. which used to come wiht a death penalty mind you.

(13 10^12)/((256 10^6)/4

($203,125) per citizen owed by "our dear gov family yr 2000's"

owed. is it any wonder law suits are demanding it ? not a single.

(per citizen that isn't a gov worker or is in a family of abusive non-sharing gov workers or profiting largely off insider gov)(legal citizens). a conservative est. of disparity yet appauling before a real count.

busch and clinton began with debt and spent allot: yes. to the tune of $13 trillion over ? many times their predecessor ? no.

Posted by: hVwtt ()
Date: May 01, 2014 04:49PM

if your a unionized gov worker making 3x-15x what others make

you can break laws pay fines and get ripped off on rent

and still be in control of "non gov peons" by wage gap

after all, for someone who isn't "a made man whjo can never fail" a small loss/mistake could bring down the house. for gov workers - it's just throw some of the peoples money back at them and who cares.

Posted by: KthHP ()
Date: May 01, 2014 05:22PM

Section_8_Sharon Wrote:
> Floridian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > She had to move twice while she was here because
> > the places she was renting at kept raising the
> > rent after her initial lease ended.
>
>
> That's not uncommon around here. Rents don't stay the same for long.

That's how renting works in every city in the country I've ever seen.

Posted by: 1458 A Month ()
Date: May 01, 2014 11:37PM

That is about the going rate today for a semi roach infested hovel with illegal neighbors leaving McD bags and beer bottles in the parking lot. It would have been a bit high 4 years back. A fully infested hovel is a bit less but hard to find.

"Fully Roach Infested Hovel":
You hear the bug man refer to the place as "Roach City"
When you come home and turn on the kitchen light hundreds of roaches take cover
You open your pancake mix box and gag as a couple hundred roaches in the box of mix swarm.
You wear pointed toe shoes to get them in the corners.

Semi roach infested Hovel:
Similure but not as bad but you find little black specks on all your dishes.

Posted by: 1br dudeeee ()
Date: May 01, 2014 11:49PM

^^

$1,100 - $1,200 is a roach, and illegal locust infested slum.

$1,300 - $1,400 getting better, maybe a few roaches, and about 50% locusts.

$1,5000 - $1,600 - You get rid of most of the roaches and illegals.

$1,700 and above - very few roaches, and lots of hard working whites

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: May 02, 2014 10:03AM

This is an expensive place to live, but we also have higher per capita income than most places in the country. It's a tradeoff. $70k is pretty good for 4 years.

Posted by: cheap ()
Date: May 02, 2014 11:53AM

$1400/month is cheap. That's what I was paying for my 2 bed/2 bath apartment when I moved out 7 years ago. That same apartment is now almost $1800/month.

Posted by: LOL! ()
Date: May 02, 2014 01:01PM

Goobers don't do well in an upscale fishtank. Big surpise.

Posted by: THE TRUTH. DEAL WITH IT. ()
Date: May 02, 2014 01:06PM

LOL! Wrote:
> Goobers don't do well in an upscale fishtank. Big
> surpise.

Stop being such a snob.

What is so upscale about a county full of wal mart, cvs, k mart, chipotle, target, old navy stores?
Its the same chain store shit in all of the 50 states now.
If someone can get the same stores here but in a different state with a lower cost of living and nicer weather, then why not?

Posted by: The Truth Too ()
Date: May 02, 2014 01:19PM

^ Goober is a mindset, not a set of stores. And Walmart is not the focus of life here, unlike in some places.

Posted by: Same shit everywhere ()
Date: May 02, 2014 01:25PM

The Truth Too Wrote:
> ^ Goober is a mindset, not a set of stores. And
> Walmart is not the focus of life here, unlike in
> some places.

I have had family come here from other states who could not wait to go shopping at one of this area's so called upscale shopping malls but they were disappointed when they discovered it's all the exact same stores here that they have back home.

The stores here just pay more rent.

Posted by: yick ()
Date: May 02, 2014 01:33PM

I knew a homeless guy, his family wanted him to move back home in South Carolina. He preferred being homeless here. Sleeping in his truck in Fairfax County made him feel special.

Never understood how all the Walmart's etc. Manage to get people willing to commute or live like rats in the area so they can work in them, is that why?

Really, this area is no big deal & the people are quite bland, mean without an original thought in their heads, very boring. The housing is way over-priced and horribly ugly.

Ahh, the power of ascribing energy to a symbol...

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: May 02, 2014 02:44PM

Same shit everywhere Wrote:
> The Truth Too Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ^ Goober is a mindset, not a set of stores. And
> > Walmart is not the focus of life here, unlike
> in
> > some places.
>
> I have had family come here from other states who
> could not wait to go shopping at one of this
> area's so called upscale shopping malls but they
> were disappointed when they discovered it's all
> the exact same stores here that they have back
> home.
>
> The stores here just pay more rent.

Then you need to take them to Tysons II, not the local mall.

Posted by: ProbTroll ()
Date: May 02, 2014 03:14PM

Pretty sure Floridian is a troll who is a local.

He keeps saying 'here' when talking about Fairfax, and not 'there'.

Posted by: searching for more than a store ()
Date: May 02, 2014 08:38PM

Why is life all about buying things at stores?

Are there people out there who are happy without all the stuff---whether it's "upscale" or "Walmart"?

What about living in a place with physical beauty where people come together for more than just buying stuff?? Does Fairfax qualify on those grounds? Or maybe some neighborhood in Fairfax can rate high without being next to a shopping center? Oh, yeah, I guess Clifton had that going, but they took away the community school.

Posted by: LOL! ()
Date: May 02, 2014 08:56PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Then you need to take them to Tysons II, not the
> local mall.

Goobers are an anxious lot. They don't do well in stores they've never seen before. Take 'em to a pho place and watch their heads explode.

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: May 02, 2014 09:01PM

searching for more than a store Wrote:
> Why is life all about buying things at stores?

Because making everything by hand sucks.

Posted by: handtomouth ()
Date: May 02, 2014 09:14PM

Goobers create gooberism by creating stores.
They segregate based on social mores.
Inventing plenty willing to whore.
The loser of which to become the sore.
In the process most become a complete bore.
A menial win they consider a score.
Only the strong retain a complete core.
In which they cast doubt upon the like sore.

Posted by: Not Trolling ()
Date: May 05, 2014 01:09PM

ProbTroll Wrote:
> Pretty sure Floridian is a troll who is a local.
>
> He keeps saying 'here' when talking about Fairfax,
> and not 'there'.

35d5074.jpg

I am not trolling.

I am 100% telling the truth.

This is one of the places she lived at when she was here.

Do you want for me to give you her full name so you can call up the fucking rental office and ask them the exact dates she lived there?

Posted by: I agree ()
Date: May 05, 2014 06:17PM

1br dudeeee Wrote:
> ^^
>
> $1,100 - $1,200 is a roach, and illegal locust
> infested slum.
>
> $1,300 - $1,400 getting better, maybe a few
> roaches, and about 50% locusts.
>
>
> $1,5000 - $1,600 - You get rid of most of the
> roaches and illegals.
>
> $1,700 and above - very few roaches, and lots of
> hard working whites

^ Pretty much sums it up.

Posted by: DefTroll ()
Date: May 05, 2014 06:23PM

Again, proving the point. If you are writing from Florida, you would say 'there', since you are not 'here' in Fairfax. You are a liar and a moron.

>
> This is one of the places she lived at when she
> was here.
>
> Do you want for me to give you her full name so
> you can call up the fucking rental office and ask
> them the exact dates she lived there?

Date: May 05, 2014 07:36PM

DefTroll Wrote:
> Again, proving the point. If you are writing from
> Florida, you would say 'there', since you are not
> 'here' in Fairfax. You are a liar and a moron.
>
> >
> > This is one of the places she lived at when she
> > was here.
> >
> > Do you want for me to give you her full name so
> > you can call up the fucking rental office and
> ask
> > them the exact dates she lived there?

Where in my posts did I mention being in Florida at the moment?

Posted by: Anus ()
Date: May 05, 2014 09:36PM

2000 a month min, to stay out of ghetto.. Anything under is amigoville

Posted by: Had enough ()
Date: May 05, 2014 09:50PM

Anus Wrote:
> 2000 a month min, to stay out of ghetto.. Anything
> under is amigoville

Those fucking illegal spics get help from the state, and pig pile into a one bedroom apt, A two bedroom will open up the flood gates to 10 illegals min. I have seen those nice $2000 a month that have Illegal trash living there.
$ 2000 a month sometimes = amigoville. That's some fucked up shit. Wish it was different.

Posted by: yourdumb ()
Date: May 05, 2014 10:08PM

So you are actually local, but are completely clueless on how much rent is? And are using a relative as an example? Moron.

>
> Where in my posts did I mention being in Florida
> at the moment?

Date: May 06, 2014 01:40PM

yourdumb Wrote:
> So you are actually local, but are completely
> clueless on how much rent is? And are using a
> relative as an example? Moron.
>
>
> >
> > Where in my posts did I mention being in
> Florida
> > at the moment?

I am a student.

SO GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Posted by: Suxforyou ()
Date: May 06, 2014 02:01PM

^^^ Sucks to get busted, doesn't it?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.