HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
24-Hour Fitness
Posted by: Jacques Offe ()
Date: December 22, 2013 01:37PM

I know they have locations in Tysons and Falls Church and I just saw they're opening a new one in the old Sports Authority store by the Fairfax Costco. The reviews of their existing locations seem really good - any truth to those? I used to go to Lifetime in Centreville but that place is a ripoff so I switched to XSport in Fairfax - while it's cheap, there are a lot of things I don't like about it. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 24-Hour Fitness
Posted by: Tony Atlas ()
Date: December 22, 2013 01:40PM

Cheap as in how much a month and annual fee if any?

Posted by: another xsporter ()
Date: December 22, 2013 01:57PM

I paid $480 for a year and a half at xsport. It is cheap, good equipment, just very crowded.

Posted by: Jacques Offe ()
Date: December 22, 2013 02:03PM

I pay $33.50/month at XSport, plus I believe I paid a $30 "card fee" when I joined. Like the other poster noted, it is extremely crowded and I think the customer service is pretty crappy. I also wish they had a dedicated area for stretching - the layout is really bad. I'm not committed to switching, but the new 24-Hour Fitness would be closer to home (and on the way to/from work) and I've heard great things about their other locations.

Posted by: HTWuc ()
Date: December 22, 2013 05:39PM

The signs on the old sports authority have been up for a few months now. Went by a few days ago and there were no signs of construction.

Posted by: Love to Exercise ()
Date: April 22, 2014 12:22AM

Construction still hasn't started on the new 24 Hour Fitness at Costco Plaza in Fairfax where the old Sports Authority used to be.

Posted by: GordonBlvd ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:09AM

another xsporter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I paid $480 for a year and a half at xsport. It is
> cheap, good equipment, just very crowded.

+1

Paid the same, got the same too!

I go to the one in Merrifield, and sometimes Fairfax.

I like the Merrifield one a little more, less people, and just a better layout.

Posted by: cosmo ()
Date: April 23, 2014 12:39AM

Love to Exercise Wrote:
> Construction still hasn't started on the new 24
> Hour Fitness at Costco Plaza in Fairfax where the
> old Sports Authority used to be.

My friends goes to the 24-Hour Fitness in Tysons. I went with him a couple of months ago and they told me the one in Fairfax is supposed to open in June. Doesn't look like it - I too noticed they haven't done any work on the building yet.

Posted by: Xu96J ()
Date: April 23, 2014 02:10AM

i bet business at the subway next door will pick up if they ever build the 24 hour fitness place.

Posted by: jayjay442 ()
Date: April 23, 2014 03:03PM

I am a member at both xsport and 24hr...24 hour in Tysons is by far a better gym..i still tan at xsport once in a while..go with 24 hour

Posted by: YK ()
Date: July 21, 2014 03:03PM

Any specific date when new fitness center at fairfax will be started? or any time? Any which club type it would be...ULTRA-SPORT etc?

Posted by: shut up ()
Date: July 22, 2014 03:07PM

shut the fuck up you fucking fuck

Posted by: GRRRR ()
Date: July 23, 2014 08:38AM

Looks like someone is mad mommy won't let him go play with his friends.

Posted by: SickOfXSport ()
Date: July 24, 2014 03:26PM

I am a member at XSport and I heard yesterday about this new 24-Hour Fitness that seemed to be under construction. Cant stand how busy it is at XSport at virtually any time a person that works during the day could get in there.

It does not look like this new gym will open though. Per the realty company for this plaza, that space is currently available for lease....

http://marketing.kimcorealty.com/File/MarketingBrochure/webapps/webprints/Marketing_Package_for_Site_SVAF0547.pdf

The available space is 42,837 square feet which is the same square footage as the space listed as 24-Hour Fitness right now and the gym is not listed as one of the tenants unfortunately.

Looks like this is not happening anymore.

Posted by: AnUpdate ()
Date: July 24, 2014 04:02PM

Updated

Ignore the previous post. I checked with the realty company and they confirmed that 24 hour fitness is indeed under construction and the space is not actually available.

That said, they barely have the interior walls framed so it is still at least 2-3 months out under the best case scenario. The square footage of the building is 43,000 and the XSport in Fairfax is right around 40,000 so I assume this 24-Hour would be a Super Sport with a lap pool and basketball court. Hopefully it will feel bigger and have a better layout than XSport since they will presumably not waste space on a spa/salon.

Posted by: gb ()
Date: August 12, 2014 12:41PM

thanks for the update! I went to these in CA all the time glad they are coming out here.

Date: January 02, 2015 07:49PM

So 24-Hour Fitness is now open by Costco. I'm enjoying it before it gets too crowded. XSport is just awful these days and I'm glad to be out of that mess. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put the men's locker room in the far back corner of the gym? Coming after work, I have to work through the displays in their retail area and then dodge around people doing sqauts and lunges in the only clear passageway just to get to the locker room. The locker bays are cramped, forcing me to be way too close to fat naked men. XSport had been open three years and they only just recently were able to get the sinks to provide decent water pressure. In addtion, the showers are often cold and the steam room is out of service more often than not. Good riddance...

Posted by: Frog ()
Date: January 02, 2015 10:51PM

24hr fitness is opening in Cville in Feb. Lifetime is about $110 a mo for Membership. DAM!!!!!!

Date: January 03, 2015 09:39AM

Frog Wrote:
> 24hr fitness is opening in Cville in Feb. Lifetime
> is about $110 a mo for Membership. DAM!!!!!!

Centreville? Wouldn't that be the same one that just opened by the Costco at 29 and West Ox? They don't have any more new locations listed for Virginia.

Posted by: KPNmc ()
Date: January 03, 2015 09:46AM

It's like a $160 to join, for some reason they make you pay your first and last month at the same time..

Posted by: G33PU ()
Date: April 08, 2015 11:32AM

Does anyone know if they have a Concept II rowing machine at this gym? I don't see any in the pictures on their webpage.

Posted by: 33PU ()
Date: April 08, 2015 11:34AM

Talking about the one near Costco

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.