HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Accident Tues. a.m. on Old Telegraph Road
Posted by: MEinVA ()
Date: February 05, 2014 07:10AM

A car ran off Old Telegraph Road in Alexandria around 7 yesterday morning and flipped onto its side. This was just off Telegraph Road across from the Coast Guard station. Anyone know what happened? I'm assuming black ice. That road has several big patches of treacherous ice where water drains from adjacent neighborhoods. Be careful, everyone!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Accident Tues. a.m. on Old Telegraph Road
Date: February 05, 2014 08:57AM

FCPS should've just cancelled.

Posted by: old man ()
Date: February 05, 2014 03:12PM

He hit the black ice as he was turning onto Old Telegraph Rd. I saw that a salt truck had been there before the accident. They said he was going to fast when he took the turn from Telegraph to Old telegraph. People fly down Old Telegraph when they get off of Telegraph.

Posted by: Barack Hussein ()
Date: February 05, 2014 04:28PM

Do we really need to say it was black ice? Can't we just drop the perpetuation of stereotypes and just say that it was ice? C'mon, look to Patch as an example.

Posted by: MEinVA ()
Date: February 05, 2014 05:01PM

Thanks! All too true. Even going slowly up the road after stopping to offer help, I had an "oh, shit" moment as I passed over a 10-foot-wide patch of black ice by that park around the bend. I sure didn't see any sand there!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.