HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
summit tours online
Posted by: parentquery ()
Date: December 13, 2008 01:53PM

Does anyone know anything about the group Summit Tours Online, which has a package for high school students called Snow Fest 2009? Has anyone gone on one of their trips?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: summit tours online
Posted by: Bob ()
Date: December 13, 2008 09:54PM

Looks to me like a private business's version of what a lot of high schools already do. (Doesn't Madison HS still go to Mont Tremblant every year?)

I guess the advantage here is that since it's a private entity not affiliated with the public school system, nobody is going to be busting 18 year old seniors for drinking in the ski resort's bars or sneaking into hotel rooms looking to bust kids for weed.

From their "message to parents" it sounds like they hire responsible people like firefighters and EMTs, teachers, etc. That sounds like a good thing.

From my experiences with several catholic school sponsored ski trips and from what I heard about the trips to Mont Tremblant for Madison HS, there's drinking and of course some people bring weed. Though I would think carrying weed across the US/Canada border isn't such a great idea anymore. But anyone who gets out of control does get busted. The kids who throw quiet, tame parties in their rooms are left alone.

Edited 18 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2009 06:08AM by Bob.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.