HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
WWE Patriot Center / Ambrose, The Shield scheduled to battle CM Punk in wrestling event
Posted by: WWE ()
Date: January 10, 2014 08:33AM

WWE rumbles into Patriot Center
Ambrose, The Shield scheduled to battle CM Punk in Mason wrestling event
http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20140103/ENTERTAINMENT/140109791/1063/wwe-rumbles-into-patriot-center&template=fairfaxTimes

It should be noted that the WWE United States champion does not like fellow wrestler CM Punk. At all. Not even a little bit.

“I will never get tired of beating on CM Punk,” Dean Ambrose said. “I will never tire of seeing CM Punk in pain. I will never tire of hearing CM Punk groan in anguish. I will never get tired of feeling my knuckles colliding with CM Punk’s face.”

WWE Live
When: 5 p.m. Sunday
Where: Patriot Center, 4400 University Drive, Fairfax
Tickets: $15-$95, plus Ticketmaster service charges
For information: 703-993-3000; patriotcenter.com

Ambrose, considered one of the “bad guys” in World Wrestling Entertainment, partners with Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins to form The Shield — a group dedicated to fighting what they perceive as injustice within the WWE.

The Shield is set to take on CM Punk in a 3-on-1 handicap match on Sunday at the Patriot Center in Fairfax.

“We feel like we’re the backbone of the company,” Ambrose said of The Shield. “We go out there every night and show off the work ethic that rubs off on everybody we work with. We go out there every night to have the best national show — whether it’s one or two matches, you got to work twice or whatever it is — we never take a night off.”

Ambrose began wrestling professionally in 2004 with the Heartland Wrestling Association and has worked his way up the ranks to the WWE. In May, Ambrose won the United States championship belt when he defeated Kofi Kingston. Ambrose, having defended the title on more than one occasion, said carrying the belt comes with a great deal of pride.

“The United States Championship goes back to greats like Harley Race and Ric Flair,” Ambrose said. “So to be able to call yourself that is, for me, almost too high an honor. It still seems strange to me. I take a lot of pride in it. … No matter how many nights we’ve been on the road or how many countries we’ve been in — we’ve been on four continents and more countries than I can count and more American cities than I can count — I really put my heart and soul and every ounce of effort, every drop of sweat I’ve got into it every single night.”

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross, who spent years as a wrestling commentator, recently compared Ambrose to another WWE hall of famer — Rowdy Roddy Piper. Piper was known for his antics, quick temper and, although considered a “bad guy,” always was a fan favorite.

“I don’t see how you could not take that as a compliment,” Ambrose said. “He was a legend and a hall of famer. He was a guy who stirred the pot and drew a good amount of money. I feel like I haven’t really done anything yet. Not that I’m holding back — right now I’m just working as hard as I can in the role that I’m in. I still feel like I have a LOT of stuff in my back pocket that when the opportunity strikes … there’s a lot more to me than people have seen yet.”

Most wrestling fans see the events at home on TV — either during the week or during one of the WWE’s many pay-per-view events.

Although the televised matches still are important to watch, according to Ambrose, seeing the action live takes fans’ experiences to a new level.

“[Seeing it live] you’re close to the action and it’s a more intimate experience,” Ambrose said. “Especially a non-televised show because you don’t have to wait through all the commercials and there’s not as much talking. It’s just straight action. The whole show is directed to the audience in the building …

“There’s nothing quite like the energy and intensity of being there so close you can hear the contact and feel the physicality. … It’s not something you want to miss.”

WWE United States Champion Dean Ambrose, along with members of The Shield, will take on CM Punk in a 3-on-1 handicap match as the main event at WWE Live at the Patriot Center in Fairfax.
Attachments:
AR-140109791.jpg
EP-140109791.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WWE Patriot Center / Ambrose, The Shield scheduled to battle CM Punk in wrestling event
Posted by: Marty McFly ()
Date: January 10, 2014 08:41AM

I'm going to hop in my DeLorean so I can make it to this event

Re: WWE Patriot Center / Ambrose, The Shield scheduled to battle CM Punk in wrestling event
Posted by: Vince McMahon ()
Date: January 10, 2014 07:42PM

What a lame assed card. There's no way either one of these pussy's can compare to a ptofessional wrestling legend like the great Rowdy Roddy Piper...

Posted by: imbiker ()
Date: January 10, 2014 08:05PM

We need BoBo!
Attachments:
bo bo.jpg

Posted by: Show must go on ()
Date: January 11, 2014 08:03AM

Amazing that there are enough braindead closet gays to keep WWE in business.

Posted by: Chad Dookes ()
Date: January 11, 2014 08:43AM

Hey stupid head. Just because I dress up EXACTLY like certain wrestlers doesn't mean I'm gay. It's that coupled with my love of cock that make me gay. #HAGL

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.