HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Chantilly Bar Fight Leads to Shooting?
Posted by: Quaker Oats ()
Date: May 25, 2012 05:41PM

Anybody know what Chantilly bar this happened at?

A man suffering from a gunshot wound showed up at the Fairfax County Courthouse just before midnight on Thursday, police say.

The victim, who says he was shot somewhere in the Chantilly area, was driven there by another man and that’s where they decided to stop and call for help, officials say.

He was taken to a local hospital with what police believe to be non-life threatening injuries. The victim is not providing any other information about the incident to police.

Police are investigating to see if this shooting is connected to a stabbing incident.

Authorities say a man with a stab wound showed up at Fair Oaks Hospital. He says the incident happened in Chantilly.

Police he isn’t providing any other information to police either. He is expected to survive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chantilly Bar Fight Leads to Shooting?
Posted by: Joe Friday ()
Date: May 25, 2012 05:49PM

I heard Sully's (not sure if that is how it is spelled).

Posted by: Sam Levine ()
Date: May 26, 2012 01:32PM

Did this incident take place at sully's? picante's right next door seems like a more likely place for this kind of stuff these days.

was at Sully's Friday night for a Nighthawks gig(who?) and the crowd was on the oldish side. the days of guns and knives being a few rest stops back.

my first time in the place since the refurbishing(?) still looked a lot like the old Sully's imo. A step out of the 1980's. being an old fart i kind of like the 1980's look. added a wall between the old bar, which is the same, and the main dining room so you can't really watch and listen to the bands anymore. a negative imo. some big screen tv's added around the place but didn't see that any of them had a HD signal. for you smokers they have a nice smoking bar area with big screen tv's(no HD). That looked like the biggest change of the refurbishing.
Also have a new bouncer. They use to have this giant of a dude(dave butz like(who?) in size) handling the door. Enjoyed when he'd sing a song on karaoke nights. i thought he went by moniker of "tiny" but when i asked he was called "bear"
i'd say its pretty much the same 'cept they seem to be turning towards dj's and dance and hip hop stuff some nights. guess not enough rock bands anymore.
young sexy honey blonde waitress which was nice.

Posted by: Somali traveler ()
Date: May 26, 2012 01:37PM

I never understood why when someone is either stabbed/shot, friends take them to the hospital? Why, U can't call 911 and have 'em respond? smh. I use to see this happen a lot when i lived in the mid west (Minnesota) and in Oregon. My sister who worked in the hospital would tell me how cars would screech to a halt right infront of the ER and pull someone who is either shot/stabbed or beaten to a pulp.

Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: May 26, 2012 02:06PM

Sam Levine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...a Nighthawks gig(who?)...

I watched more than one of their shows back in college 30 years ago.

They were good then, for sure.

http://www.thenighthawks.com/

Posted by: Sam Levine ()
Date: May 26, 2012 02:14PM

Mark Wenner had heart bypass surgery a couple months back. this was first gig since the surgery. he looked in good shape and his harp playing is still outstanding!

this being their 40th year hope they have some reunion show bringing in old members
especially pete ragusa and of course jimmy thackery

Posted by: Duh! ()
Date: May 26, 2012 02:24PM

Somali traveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never understood why when someone is either
> stabbed/shot, friends take them to the hospital?
> Why, U can't call 911 and have 'em respond? smh. I
> use to see this happen a lot when i lived in the
> mid west (Minnesota) and in Oregon. My sister who
> worked in the hospital would tell me how cars
> would screech to a halt right infront of the ER
> and pull someone who is either shot/stabbed or
> beaten to a pulp.

Because for shootings and stabbings that are called in, a police officer is immediately dispatched along with medical personnel. Of course once they are checked into the hospital, the staff still has to report it to the police as well.

Posted by: any ()
Date: June 03, 2012 05:03AM

anyone have any more info on this or a link about it

Posted by: Joe Friday. ()
Date: June 03, 2012 03:24PM

maybe it was Sully's guess the rock and roll ain't working out and they seem to be going with the def comedy jams and dj hip hopping several nights a week

Posted by: digle berry ()
Date: June 09, 2012 02:49PM

It was sullys...bad crowd

Posted by: rockster ()
Date: November 02, 2013 02:46AM

shit happens

Posted by: dease ()
Date: November 02, 2013 07:00PM

Once they changed to the rap nigger music shit, it was only a matter of time.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.