HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Herndon and Mclean Football Head jobs
Posted by: Denis Verbanic ()
Date: December 03, 2013 12:31PM

Both Herndon and Mclean are both open, what other jobs will be open in the county? Prospects?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Herndon and Mclean Football Head jobs
Posted by: Stateless Man ()
Date: December 03, 2013 03:03PM

Having gone 4-36 over the past four years, and 0-20 the past two years, Marshall might be looking for a new head coach, too.

Posted by: Berk ()
Date: December 03, 2013 03:09PM

EDISON!

Posted by: GovernorBob ()
Date: December 03, 2013 04:42PM

I think Jason Bourcier would be a good candidate; as long as he doesnt have to use the Toll Road to get to practice.

Posted by: NovaCoach ()
Date: December 03, 2013 04:47PM

RJ windows to Herndon! He will revive that program.

Worek's Son will take over at Mclean.

Posted by: Um, no ()
Date: December 03, 2013 04:56PM

Worek's sons will not be the next head coach at McLean. One is very young and not experienced enough. The other one is the head LAX coach and not a head football coaching candidate. Sorry. Nice try.

Posted by: reap/sow ()
Date: December 03, 2013 08:01PM

the only thing keeping Windows from a HC job is Windows. Interviews well and knows his stuff but displays an unsportsmanlike and profane persona on the field.

Posted by: Bush League ()
Date: December 03, 2013 11:04PM

It's always an inside job for FCPS football coaching positions.

Each team will hire a former loser retread or the son of some other school's AD or the cousin of the principal.....

That's why FCPS football programs never win states....757 rules.

Posted by: sooowhaz ()
Date: December 03, 2013 11:31PM

Yo so I was pulled over and cops found a crumb of weed on me. You think I'm gonna get anal raped when I go to jail. Let me know I wanna make sure my butthole is stretched... don't wanna tear glute.

Posted by: welcome back ()
Date: December 03, 2013 11:36PM

Welcome back John! How ya been? Think you could hook me up with a QP?

Posted by: Ram time ()
Date: December 04, 2013 08:30PM

What about the Robinson job? Is Meier finished?

Posted by: Suuny Joorgansen ()
Date: December 04, 2013 08:38PM

Day to McLean, Worek to Herndon. McLean wanted Day back in the day.

Posted by: The man ()
Date: December 04, 2013 10:33PM

Day went all the way through the interview process at McLean two years ago, got the offer and said thanks but no thanks. Took the Herndon job a few weeks later. The folks at McLean will not be giving him a second look, especially after he turned out to blow as a head coach

Posted by: muthafucka jones ()
Date: December 06, 2013 09:12AM

AYO FUK DAY DAT NIQQA SUX HE DA WERST HED COCH EVA I LIK DAYUM BOI

Posted by: KeepitReal ()
Date: December 06, 2013 12:31PM

The opening for the Job was just posted as the county has too. Meier was a one and done. Vosseler who was the assistant head coach is/was supposed to be the takeover coach. We will see if that's the case. I heard he is a good person and the kids like him.

Posted by: who the FUCK cares ()
Date: December 06, 2013 01:19PM

It is just high school football. Hardly the most important thing in the world, unless you are Karen Garza.

Football might be good for a few adolescent blow jobs-but not much beyond that. Look at the statistics for sports scholarships (there's an oxymoron for you) and any chances of a professional contract.

Today's jock is tomorrow's guy in the Wal Mart parking lot collecting the carts.

Date: December 06, 2013 01:41PM

Not all parents and kids live in an un-reality-ville. It builds character, commitment, confidence and helps communication. Guess it didn't work for Ronald Reagan HUH. Remember Kurt Warner, packing shopping bags to Three Super Bowl appearances. I happen to know a lot of Senators, Congressmen, CEO's, COO's that never played a down of football in NCAA and NFL. Might want to get your facts right as it isn't as skewed as you think.

Date: December 06, 2013 01:42PM

Not all parents and kids live in an un-reality-ville. It builds character, commitment, confidence and helps communication. Guess it didn't work for Ronald Reagan HUH. Remember Kurt Warner, packing shopping bags to Three Super Bowl appearances. I happen to know a lot of Senators, Congressmen, CEO's, COO's that never played a down of football in NCAA and NFL after High School. Might want to get your facts right as it isn't as skewed as you think.

Posted by: pujCG ()
Date: December 06, 2013 02:41PM

I love getting head jobs

Posted by: oh please ()
Date: December 06, 2013 05:44PM

1 Ronald Reagan proves nothing, but who gives a shit about Kurt Warner?

High school football is a waste of money. Most the world, you might note, does just fine without it.

Posted by: oh please has it wrong ()
Date: December 07, 2013 02:06AM

Actually - oh please, high school sports make a lot of sense. It is a great opportunity to learn focus, commitment, teamwork, toughness, and above all competitiveness. The last factor is especially important because the schools sure don't competititiveness, which has the affect of boring most boys half to death.

I do speak from experience. I was a NCAA Div. 1 All American on scholarship at a highly ranked academic school. Yes, the scholarship was nice coming from a poor single mother home, but college athletics rarely make much sense. I did well academically and in graduate school, but the college athletic gig merely extended my adolescence and was an unwelcome detour. College athletics was a job; my high school exploits and accomplishments were undertaken for my teammates and the spirit of competition.

This doesn't mean that criticism of high school sports in the vein that they are taken too seriously is out of bounds. Sports are taken too seriously. But sports at the high school level, particularly if properly conducted, add quite a bit of value. There is a value to developing mentally tough, disciplined and competitive young people.

Posted by: standards ()
Date: December 07, 2013 08:40AM

oh please Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1 Ronald Reagan proves nothing, but who gives a
> shit about Kurt Warner?
>
> High school football is a waste of money. Most the
> world, you might note, does just fine without it.

Most of the world does "just fine" without a lot of things.

However, if your standards are higher than "just fine" (many people do, in fact, have higher standards for themselves than just fine), high school football is one of those enhancers that does serve to get participants beyond "just fine".

Go to a Wall Street firm...lest you think those guys (and gals) who have done a fair amount better than "just fine" in their lives got there on academics alone, you would be wrong.

A great many of them were jocks of great renown in high school and/or college.

I could go on and on listing folks who weren't satisfied with "just fine" and played football and went on to great things, and who cite their experience playing football as a vital building block.

But I'm not going to.

Why waste my time doing that for somebody whose standard of success is "just fine"?

Posted by: money talks ()
Date: December 07, 2013 10:10AM

Those who want football should pay for it, plain and simple. Garza's getting no traction on her latest plans to raise money, and Patty Reed's wet dream fantasy of taxing authority for the school board is going to mean big changes on the board come election time.

Posted by: yer point is? ()
Date: December 07, 2013 10:16AM

money talks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those who want football should pay for it, plain
> and simple. Garza's getting no traction on her
> latest plans to raise money, and Patty Reed's wet
> dream fantasy of taxing authority for the school
> board is going to mean big changes on the board
> come election time.

Those who want ANYTHING should pay for it.

And do.

What in this world is free?

Taxes, dear boy, taxes.

Posted by: agree-if you want it pay for it ()
Date: December 07, 2013 11:03AM

So by this logic, parents who want their kids to play sports should shoulder the ENTIRE cost. No more subsidies by parents who don't care about sports. No more sneaky moves like the turf report. A call for full disclosure by Boosterthon.

Who cares what that idiot Ryan McElveen thinks, a sports fee of $500 or so is what it is going to take.

The GPA requirement for eligibility needs to go up as well.

And, finally, Garza is just plain lying when she says there is no connection between a cut in spending on science books and an increase in spending for turf. Is she still on probation?

Posted by: I already do ()
Date: December 08, 2013 05:33PM

I do. I pay taxes.

If you want books, pay for them.

Posted by: let me get this straight ()
Date: December 08, 2013 07:12PM

You are saying parents should pay for schoolbooks, but taxpayers should pay for sports?

That sounds like a subsidized athletic club to me.

A school without books? Oh yeah, they'll get into Harvard just fine, the McDonald's at Harvard, that is.

Loser, helicopter parent, spors fixated fool.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.