HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hard Times Fairfax City
Posted by: Huge Hefner ()
Date: April 27, 2011 10:19AM

Obviously what do i know but no tv's in that place that get an HD signal! That's kind of a bummer in this day if'en your a sports fan. Of course, what do I know the place seems very popular nonetheless. Looks like a great place to take a date and hide off in some nook and cranny. pun intended? and the main bar upstairs seems like its a local gathering place. but for real sports fan not a thumbs up. too many small tv's and even too many medium sized ones.

I found the springfield HT far better for your sports watching. And the Ballston HT has this wall of tv's that I call spectacular. I guess individual HT's are managed differently?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hard Times Fairfax City
Posted by: Laughing ()
Date: April 27, 2011 10:33AM

Well, I like the Fairfax City HT, and Rich Kelly (the owner) put a jillion dollars into it. Hot waitresses, too. Rich knows what the people want.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: April 27, 2011 10:39AM

Don't go there anymore.

Posted by: fatboyx ()
Date: April 27, 2011 11:16AM

Laughing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I like the Fairfax City HT, and Rich Kelly
> (the owner) put a jillion dollars into it. Hot
> waitresses, too. Rich knows what the people want.

My favorite is the 8-month pregnant waitress who inhales second-hand smoke all evening. I was about to light up inside, and when i saw that shit i took it outside.

Posted by: Standards ()
Date: April 27, 2011 11:59AM

Hot waitresses? Where are your standards?

Maybe a cutie or two...but most of these are imported from Woodbridge and Manassas Park.

HOT WAITRESSES????

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: April 27, 2011 12:14PM

Standards Wrote:
> Hot waitresses? Where are your standards?
>
> Maybe a cutie or two...but most of these are
> imported from Woodbridge and Manassas Park.
>
> HOT WAITRESSES????

I love it when you can just look at a chick and tell she is a PWC gal. Its something in the weathered look on their face.

Posted by: monkeyfightclub ()
Date: April 27, 2011 12:52PM

Nice bar. But way too smokey.

Waitresses are hot.

Posted by: L8Shift ()
Date: April 27, 2011 08:34PM

JBass Wrote:
> Standards Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hot waitresses? Where are your standards?
> >
> > Maybe a cutie or two...but most of these are
> > imported from Woodbridge and Manassas Park.
> >
> > HOT WAITRESSES????
>
>
> I love it when you can just look at a chick and
> tell she is a PWC gal. Its something in the
> weathered look on their face.

Probably means most of the local FFX gals are too stuck up to work there and don't want to fight off the local wanna bees who want sum, all the time....

Date: April 27, 2011 11:42PM

I still can't get over it. HOT WAITRESSES???

When was the last time you felt a titty? Musta been a while if you're considering MP's finest "hot". Those bitches are ridden hard and hung up soaking wet.

And what's with grossly overweight men with no athletic ability whatsoever wearing team jerseys and being so particular about the definition of their sports viewing experience?

You want real hi-def? Go get an eye exam and go to the game in person.

For how many years did you watch sports in standard definition? With the exception of rabbit ears, did you ever look at your television set and think "Damn, it would be so much better if I could see every bead of sweat on that dude's face...I would really like to get a better look at his pores too", before the advent of HD? Probably never.

It's a shame that every bar in the area is now a "sports bar" and must have at least one wall covered in HD TV's. I've got a TV at home. If I wanna watch sports I turn that shit on and watch the game without the inconvenience of watching the red-faced, 300lb+ man across the bar in the Cooley jersey spraying miller light and loaded nachos while he's yelling at the TV.

And smoking? What's with the health kick? You're drinking alcohol and eating deep fried food...but get that cigarette away from me!

Fuck sports bars. We need another live music, smoky, stinky, dark, dingy, get a rash from going into the bathroom, type bar.

Never thought I'd miss TT's

Posted by: Huge Hefner ()
Date: April 28, 2011 03:14AM

Dear Standards and Practices, for what it costs for beer and food at a bar these days I'm hoping for something more than standard def

and they may call themselves sports bars but there really something else, not really a good ole time smokey bar with atmosphere but generally not populated by folks who know much about sports

hell i miss T.T. too sadly the era where people found going to hear music seems to be dying

Date: April 29, 2011 04:32PM

Because people want to go to bars and watch their sports on big screen TV's!!!!

Posted by: Boris B ()
Date: August 09, 2013 04:54PM

I go in the place about 6-7 times a year to watch a ball game. sirtainly not for the scrumptious eats. last night encountered an illegal a-hole from the east europe or former soviet union doing the tuff guy routine as the bouncer. shit what a dick. It was around 12;30 and place was fairly empty. even did the lame scratching the driver's license with the finger nail to see if license was real. what a moron. I'd never run into a bouncer at Hard Times of fairfax. Now the one in Manassas could use a bouncer from time to time but never seen one out there neither. Now doubt will go back to Hard Times fairfax to put up with stupid shit like that. I just want a beer and watch a game. Not some illegal dickhead russkie giving me evil eye.

Posted by: Josef Stalin ()
Date: August 09, 2013 05:11PM

Boris B Wrote:
> I go in the place about 6-7 times a year to watch
> a ball game. sirtainly not for the scrumptious
> eats. last night encountered an illegal a-hole
> from the east europe or former soviet union doing
> the tuff guy routine as the bouncer. shit what a
> dick. It was around 12;30 and place was fairly
> empty. even did the lame scratching the driver's
> license with the finger nail to see if license was
> real. what a moron. I'd never run into a bouncer
> at Hard Times of fairfax. Now the one in Manassas
> could use a bouncer from time to time but never
> seen one out there neither. Now doubt will go back
> to Hard Times fairfax to put up with stupid shit
> like that. I just want a beer and watch a game.
> Not some illegal dickhead russkie giving me evil
> eye.

Dont worry I send him back to Siberia.

Posted by: Ugh!! ()
Date: August 10, 2013 03:48PM

Been there once. Customer service sucks & takes forever to get your food.
Never would I come back.

Posted by: Boo ()
Date: August 10, 2013 05:52PM

I went there with my family, and ordered a cheeseburger. When it arrived, I took the top bun off to add ketchup, and noticed marks in the cheese that appeared as if someone had scraped their fingers through it to remove the barbecue sauce or something similar that wasn't supposed to be on it. Called the waitress over, and she sheepishly said, "I don't know what happened to it." She sent the manager over, and he offered to comp the meal, but didn't even really apologize or seem very concerned about it. We left without eating. I didn't want to risk what the kid's food might have been through. His attitude pissed me off, so I sent an email the next day, and never got a reply.
You know, giving to me with the barbecue sauce on it wouldn't have been a big deal, but sweeping most of it off with your bare fingers is pretty bad form. I know worse stuff likely happens all the time, but we haven't gone back there, and won't. The whole incident had a weird vibe. We used to love the place, and went there often. The need a visit from the Bar Rescue dude.

Posted by: change my mind ()
Date: August 15, 2013 08:54PM

Had the chili Tuesday night made me sick. But they did have a number of pretty waitresses. Drink bottled beer don't eat

Posted by: Hard On In The Parking Lot ()
Date: August 15, 2013 09:30PM

I was sucked off in the HT Fairfax parking lot once - Cute girl.

Not sure if she was from Manassas or Dumfries or wherever - Great performance.

Took it all - I suspect she is married - Thanks again Dee Dee

Posted by: Floater ()
Date: August 18, 2013 02:51PM

I heard the place is infested with roaches. Someone who works at the courthouse found one floating in their Iced Tea a couple of weeks ago. I would only drink bottled beer in that place.

Posted by: BeerDude ()
Date: August 19, 2013 10:08AM

Yup.. Hard Times Fairfax is the epitome of a poorly run restaraunt. I also was harrased by their try-hard bouncers. Was downstairs eating and the manager cut off the Nats game to get us out of there faster (we were there eating to watch the game), I confronted him about it and he sort of just apologized after I asked him why we were being kicked out.

Management sucks! Do NOT go to this place. Food was overpriced anyways

Posted by: Enrico Palazzo ()
Date: August 19, 2013 01:43PM

Hard On In The Parking Lot Wrote:
> I was sucked off in the HT Fairfax parking lot
> once - Cute girl.
>
> Not sure if she was from Manassas or Dumfries or
> wherever - Great performance.
>
> Took it all - I suspect she is married - Thanks
> again Dee Dee

Dee Dee is actually a pre-op tranny. It's cool though because you posted anonymously. Don't worry a mouth is a mouth after all.

Posted by: Lord Elaine ()
Date: August 19, 2013 08:38PM

Please don't tell me the amazonian goddess I saw upon entering one night was a pre op. she/he was gorgeous.

Say if I become a non-op transexual and also do not take the pills to change my constitution do you think I might have some luck with groups of lipstick lesbians

i don't know why so many places are so anal these days about shutting down so early. i think it ends up driving away business. people just stay home watch their 50 inch tv and eat marie callender from the microwave instead of venturing to a bar/restaurant to eat mediocre overpriced food and beverages and then get chased away

Posted by: Chilli Chaser ()
Date: August 20, 2013 06:57AM

Of all the Hard Times, this one is the worst. It's rarely clean, the servers would much rather be somewhere else, and the service itself is sloooooooooow. In any of their other places, yur food can be be ordered and out in less than 5 minutes. The Fairfax location means you have a good 30 minutes to wait....for a bowl of chilli....no thank you.

Posted by: say what ()
Date: August 20, 2013 07:11PM

You obviously have never been to the Springfield Hard Times. That place could use a bouncer and the Manassas Hard Times ain't all that clean but folks seem to enjoy the partay atmosphere at that place

Posted by: Chilli Chaser ()
Date: August 20, 2013 08:23PM

I forgot about Springfield, yeh, that one blows. Never thought Manassass was too bad, original location and Arlington for me.

Posted by: Chilli Bean ()
Date: September 05, 2013 07:47AM

If you are going to Hard Times, just do the Arlington one and the one in Old Town, after that, they are all garbage. The Fairfax one got bad, fast, no idea why.

Posted by: Erick ()
Date: September 05, 2013 08:45AM

Springfield is mostly Mexicans smoking and playing pool. It's not bad during the day times for lunch but stay away at night.

Posted by: Hardest Times ()
Date: September 05, 2013 10:19AM

The Alexandria location is all white, and never any problems.

Posted by: I wanna see Dee Dee ()
Date: September 05, 2013 10:37AM

I wanna see a pic of this Dee Dee...sounds hot 8)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.