HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Thrift Stores
Posted by: Shannon ()
Date: July 26, 2013 09:35AM

Howdy! I was hoping you could help me. I am looking for good thrift stores in the area. I'm not looking for anything in particular. I just like browsing in hopes of good finds. I am in the Fair Oaks section of Fairfax so bonus points for being close. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thrift Stores
Posted by: SunnyD ()
Date: July 26, 2013 10:03AM

Unique in beautiful downtown Merrifield. 15 minute drive from Fair Oaks.

Posted by: thstore# ()
Date: July 26, 2013 10:27AM

The Treasure Hound is in Chantilly near the Costco/Target plaza. I browse there often. They have good quality items and the store is nicer than most. All of their proceeds go to help animal shelters.

Posted by: Not so good around here ()
Date: July 26, 2013 10:41AM

The Locusts hang out and get all the good stuff as it's dropped off at the Salvation Army places in Manassas and west of Lincolnia.

Posted by: Avoid Unique!!! ()
Date: July 26, 2013 11:18AM

Not only is a visit to the Unique Thrift Store like going to the grand bazaar in Mogadishu, but the parent company, Apogee Retail, is one of the worst employers in the nation.

Despite their "image" of working with charities, they abuse their workers, seek to render them PERMANENTLY ineligible for unemployment coverage, and, to top it all off, they discriminate against disabled customers:

http://apogeeretailwatch.blogspot.com

Just avoid the place-try Clock Tower on Annandale Road. Much nicer, and not run by a bunch of Taliban wannabes like Unique is.

Posted by: exffx ()
Date: July 26, 2013 11:35AM

The Treasure Hound is good. It's run by Friend of Homeless Animals.

Posted by: Ye Ole Woodson Man ()
Date: July 26, 2013 11:42AM

Goodwill on RT 236 Fairfax City in the strip center with the 7-11 and Fairfax Shell station

Posted by: Carlos_Danger ()
Date: July 26, 2013 12:30PM

Avoid "The Thrift Store" right off Rt. 1.

Mostly crap, unless you're poor.

Smelly.

Employees are slow to do anything, curt in their transactions, and generally act as if they are doing you a favor, instead of the other way around.

Posted by: asdfasdfasfd ()
Date: July 26, 2013 01:58PM

There are Goodwill places in Sterling off of Sterling Blvd, near Safeway and over in Cascades near 7-11.

Posted by: Nicdoot ()
Date: July 26, 2013 08:18PM

Inova hospital thrift store at Fairfax Circle my favorite. we went to treasure trove today. I love that it helps animals too. Also we checked out Pender thrift store in chantilly. It was ok. Also try Humane Society thrift shop on chain bridge. Money also goes towards animals.

Posted by: VEIK ()
Date: July 27, 2013 12:08AM

Closet in Herndon

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.