HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The old Tyson's Corner
Posted by: Melanie ()
Date: April 04, 2014 10:34PM

Hi All,

It's so good to see that others hold the old Tysons in a special place in their hearts.

The restaurant workers in the 80's were a community like no other! I am happy to say I spent my 20's in that community.
Lums/Summers/Le Mistral/Winstons............better than college!

After being away 40 some years, work brings me back to the area and I am flooded with nostalgia.

I know some of us have passed ..Denise and later Neil the love of my life. Dick Corey passed too.

If any of you out there please connect. Doug, Greg, Sue, Diane, Fran, Bobby, Scottie, Dennis, David, Hamid.........
You can never go home again, but I think of you often.

Love Melanie

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Millennial ()
Date: April 21, 2014 06:19PM

It's funny how history repeats itself- they opened up a Spencer's near Zumiez a couple years ago when I was thirteen; my friend and I spent a good two hours laughing at the merchandise. I came across this thread because I was curious to know what my beloved home was like before it became such an urban area.

Posted by: Former Resident ()
Date: April 22, 2014 07:55AM

The little soft pretzel store was usually my first stop when I'd go as a kid. Just to the west (I think) down that section was the bird cages. Across from the bird cages was a shoe store where I got my first pair of "cool kid shoes" which was a pair of blue Adidas shoes.

Posted by: Tyson's Corner ()
Date: April 26, 2014 02:31AM

Posted by: Tyson's Corner ()
Date: April 26, 2014 03:25AM

Posted by: Matthew22213 ()
Date: October 29, 2014 12:07PM

The ice rink was located near Templeton Oldsmobile further down Route 7. It closed in the early 80's????? when Templeton bought it for dealership expansion.

Posted by: Duff ()
Date: December 25, 2014 05:07PM

Shakey Pizza

Posted by: Duff ()
Date: December 25, 2014 05:38PM

Bar Mart had the Live Red Parrot

Posted by: OldTimer ()
Date: December 26, 2014 12:41PM

Wow, this brings memories. I remember the bird cage, and Hot Shoppes next to Woodward and Lothrops, and working as a gift wrapper through high school and my first two years of college. and the woods across the street. I left for 5 years and came back and it was all replaced by concrete!

Posted by: JONI ()
Date: February 15, 2015 08:05PM

I remember when Tyson's opened, and some psychic lady .. Jean Dixon? predicted that the huge crystal chandelier hanging (maybe outside of Hechts) was going to fall. My mother wouldn't let us go for the longest time. I remember that People's drugstore had a lunch counter; my sister worked there. I also remember the restaurant in the basement of Hecht Company - they even sold alcohol! I know, bc I used to work there. Our bosses were Dorothy and Jim. I remember the Pits .. where we'd go dirt biking. I have a hazy memory of the area where Koons Ford is (is that the one at the intersection of 7 and where you turn to get onto 123?) ... anyway - does anyone remember what used to be there? I have some memory of it being like a big dump - like a big trash pit. I don't know if it's a real memory or not .. so if anyone else remembers that, pls let me know.

Posted by: Biker Mike ()
Date: March 07, 2015 10:31AM

I grew up in Pimmit Hills during the time before,while and after Tysons was built , I worked at Woolworths, Burger Chef, The sandwich Gallery,and spent lots of my formative years there hanging out. Great times. Very heart warming reading everyone's comments. Had dinner at Flemings last Friday with some old friends and we talked of all those places; the Pits, Evans Farm Inn, Wilsons leather etc. Glad so many remember those great times as a teenager.

Posted by: NS 13 ()
Date: March 07, 2015 11:03AM

Who else got attacked by that mean goose at Evans Farm Inn? Remember barrels of candy and civil war bullets in the little store by the pond?

Posted by: Never trust a goose ()
Date: March 07, 2015 11:14AM

Geese in general are mean. Everyone who went there got attacked by them. Safer on the other side of the drive where you could give apples and carrots to the horses.

Posted by: Paraphernalia ()
Date: March 07, 2015 11:57AM

Does anyone remember what the name of the head shop at the back of World Imports was?

Posted by: Reese ()
Date: June 10, 2015 03:23PM

The patio store next to Tyson's on Rt. 7 used to be a Roy Rogers!

Re: Fabric store
Posted by: Reese ()
Date: June 10, 2015 03:39PM

Traci, Do you remember the name of the fabric store?

Posted by: Kelly ONeil ()
Date: July 09, 2015 12:28AM

I wonder if you will see this after so many years past...Okay - here's one for you. My father worked for Burger Chef until 1969 when we moved to VA where he and his partners opened Bunky O'Niels - crazy that you mentioned both! I wasn't legally old enough to work there, but got a "permit" of some sort so I could work a few hours each week. So many great friends came out of working there so many years ago !! I found Kenan Lott on here - where's the rest of you ?? Glad to hear customers have fond memories of Bunky's - I sure do !!

Posted by: HolsterFries ()
Date: July 09, 2015 07:21AM

Reese Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The patio store next to Tyson's on Rt. 7 used to
> be a Roy Rogers!

That Roy Rogers is where friends and I went pretty much 5 days a week after school to get a roast beef sandwich and a holster of fries. It's likely responsible for the 20 extra pounds I carry to this day...but it was worth it.

Posted by: A While Since ()
Date: July 09, 2015 09:18AM

I bought a fishing license at the K Mart on RT. 7 in Tyson's Corner back on 1979.

It was just east of Dick Herriman Ford.

Posted by: mfjoae ()
Date: September 06, 2015 06:44PM

traffic at tysons is awful

Posted by: 434ggg ()
Date: September 07, 2015 08:54AM

i hate the new tysons. im more old school

Posted by: thesixties ()
Date: April 28, 2016 11:31PM

I think they removed the bird cages because it was a health hazard, the birds would fling droppings.

I didn't know Tyson's had a head shop, I would have stopped in there. A lot. Our go-to shop was Penguin Feather in Herndon. And from the head shop now we'll go to Farrell's and order The Trough. Remember when they brought it out the employees would make everyone in the dining room oink.

There was an S&H Green Stamps showroom out in the west parking lot. I seem to remember taking in a bunch of filled stamp books and leaving with a cot and sleeping bag.

Gino's/Kentucky Fried Chicken - back when the chicken was actually cooked on premises and had spicy flavor. Have you eaten at a KFC lately? It's all frozen from the commissary and I'll never eat there again.

They say you always embellish your childhood memories thinking everything was better. But Northern Virginia back in the '60s and '70s really was better. The traffic was better, the cars were better, the food was better. Even the airports were better, it was fun to fly, they fed you a meal.

Posted by: Mainstream Media ()
Date: April 29, 2016 08:04PM

Theres been a lot of media attention on Fairfax Underground today so Im just bumping this excellent thread so some new eyes can see it. Sorry if this isn't allowed.

Posted by: niggar ()
Date: April 29, 2016 08:21PM

it's fine. damn this thread is making me curious. didn't go to tysons corners because i lived in fairfax and would go to fairfax mall. the oldest thing i remember is the rainforest cafe closing in 2007.

speaking of the fairfax mall, anyone remember what it was like?

Posted by: EdgarAllenYOLO ()
Date: April 02, 2017 03:47PM

If I recall correctly, there was some store on the first floor right next to Bloomingdale's that had like neon or something on the exterior and closed in the early 2000s.

I heard that it was a gym, but does anyone remember what that store was?

Posted by: Joe2425235 ()
Date: April 02, 2017 09:58PM

I think the head shop in the back of World Imports was called "Bar Mart"

Posted by: OldHighlander ()
Date: December 31, 2017 01:31AM

I just ran across this old thread. I hope it's not too late to add a memory of the area.
Before Tysons mall, there was a membership-only, no-frills discount department store called GEM (for Government Employees Mart), west of the future mall site on Rt. 7, in the building that now houses Marshall's, Payless, and recently had Sports Authority. It wasn't actually government-affiliated, but gov't employment was a criteria for getting in. I was pretty young, but I recall it looked sort of like a K-mart inside. I think it lasted into the '70s, and may have become a Memco for a while.
I think this was the first big commercial operation at Tysons, pre-dating the mall, and even the car dealerships.

Posted by: J9BMM ()
Date: December 31, 2017 07:47AM

Anyone that remembers the original multi screen movie theater (very small screens and seating area, I called it the big screen TV theater) in the back part of the -mall which was near Farrells and the parking lot outside of Lord & Taylor (now under "The Plaza", this area is still inside the mall.

This original space is now buried deep inside Tysons and it is of all things an indoor Baseball Batting Cage with 2 "lanes". It is for community use of local Little League and possibly other organization and it unmanned or un-managed. Access is from the rear of the area, near the Chiptole and the new &Pizza. The is a non-descript door with access code lock and you enter this dark black hole and have to walk down like 2-3 stories of stairs to access this spooky pitch black area until the lights are turned on.

Once in side, the area has been painted up nice, had decent lighting and netting to control the balls. What is funny is the floor is still sloped from the original theater and you can see all the anchors in the concrete from the rows of chairs. This is how I original figured out where we were inside the bowels of the mall. I had to laugh when I figured this out because I recall going to the original theaters after they opened as a younger kid around 10-11 years old back in the early 70's.

Posted by: Vf7 ()
Date: December 31, 2017 10:58AM

Is the original southeast corner of Tyson’s Corner still there? Comparing historic aerial maps it seems like the original route 123/Chain Bridge road is now the short service road running form international drive to the lee highway service road. That corner - next to the building housing the woo law oak restaurant - would be the SE corner of the original Tyson’s Corner before the malls.

The whole triangular area bounded by chain bridge, lee highway, and international drive seems to be the last of the 1960s era buildings left. Stockyards inn anyone?

Posted by: HW9FE ()
Date: December 31, 2017 05:14PM

JR's Stockyard building is still there, the restaurant closed about 4-5 years ago as I recall. I think it is vacant, but not 100% sure.

Next to Woo Law Oak, the carwash is still there and the Petsmart is in an old grocery store building.

Posted by: YES. ()
Date: June 28, 2020 02:08PM

HW9FE Wrote:
> JR's Stockyard building is still there, the
> restaurant closed about 4-5 years ago as I recall.
> I think it is vacant, but not 100% sure.
>
> Next to Woo Law Oak, the carwash is still there
> and the Petsmart is in an old grocery store
> building.

Yes.

Posted by: The Silver Line ()
Date: June 28, 2020 08:11PM

Posted by: To All Of My Democrat Comrades ()
Date: June 28, 2020 08:34PM

Tank you for your consideration and kindness that we found in the safe house hidden in the Tysons Corner basement back during the cold war, yours always in communism , we vill be pulling out all the stops to get JOE in ! He's been in hiding to avoid any critical comments because he is verrry stupid.

Boris and Natasha
Attachments:
JoeHiden.jpg

Posted by: Silver ()
Date: June 28, 2020 08:58PM

Posted by: Silver Line BBC hauler ()
Date: June 28, 2020 11:59PM

Silver Line
Attachments:
IMG_7226.GIF
IMG_7224.JPG

Posted by: 20% OFF ()
Date: June 29, 2020 08:24AM

HW9FE Wrote:
> and the Petsmart is in an old grocery store
> building.

It was a Bed Bath & Beyond back in the 90s, up until about 10-15 years ago.

Posted by: 50% bigger ()
Date: June 29, 2020 06:56PM

Posted by: Unit 8 ()
Date: June 30, 2020 05:00AM

Good work resurrecting a long dead thread.
Attachments:
Thumbs up.jpg

Posted by: Explains the above posts ()
Date: June 30, 2020 09:02AM

Guys who can't get women have to find sexual satisfaction from jerking their own penises. Guys with extra small penises can only find sexual satisfaction from jerking other guys penises.

Re: The old martell.crowder@yahoo.comTyson's Corner
Posted by: Marty Crowder ()
Date: September 17, 2020 05:02PM

I remember the Tyson's ice rink. Skated ice dance there for years.

Posted by: Vicki Johnston ()
Date: January 02, 2021 06:50PM

Funny you should recall the Hot Shoppes and not the birds. “The Aviary Court” that held all the birds in their cages, was right outside the entrance to the Hot Shoppes! At some point in Tyson’s renovation, the bird cages were removed, so perhaps you visited there after, just before the cafeteria itself closed.

Posted by: Ohhh. Sute ()
Date: January 02, 2021 11:10PM

That fied chicken I had the hotshppes before it closed, was suspect.

It tasted like card vied4h

Posted by: Green Line ()
Date: January 03, 2021 10:26AM

Prior to Metro, there would have no way for us to get to Dulles Crossing or Reston or Herndon.

Now, thankfully, we are able to pick your pockets, impregnate yor women, jack your rides and mobrob your stores.

Who said the middle class is shrinking?

All my kids wear top of the line Jordans and get them polished at the Tyson kiosks in business for JUST THAT PURPOSE.

Thanks to Metro, we can afford to shop at Tysons and spend fat, stacks of cash on jewelry, cosmetics, clothes and whores, all available at Tysons!

Some of you white people benefit from our activities and some of you get taxed. Haha. Call "DIY Reparations".

Posted by: BLUE line punks ()
Date: January 03, 2021 06:36PM

We enter the system at Springfield but we gets to those same areas.

All I can say is there's plenty to go around.

When we cashout, usually it's at blessed. Thems got the best of it all.

The tyco whores we hit up is all asian. Is that what you seeing?

Posted by: Yellow Fever ()
Date: January 03, 2021 06:59PM

Please post pics of aforementioned hot tyco Asian Chicks.

Posted by: Westpark Drive ()
Date: January 03, 2021 09:00PM

mfjoae Wrote:
> traffic at tysons is awful
Attachments:
aa10.gif

Posted by: Stupid Shit ()
Date: January 03, 2021 09:51PM

ARE THEY SOME NEW TYPE OF WATER JUGS

Posted by: BLUE line punks ()
Date: January 03, 2021 10:13PM

Here one batch a bitches we cavorted with at the hotel attached to the mall...

These girlies be lovin the long dark, brah.
Attachments:
Screenshot_2021-01-03-21-59-57-1-1.jpg

Date: January 03, 2021 11:13PM

Hell no!

Our whores ain't korean...they the soul sisters Tha be prancing about with dem big assess hanging out!

Posted by: hold up a minute.. ()
Date: January 04, 2021 09:25PM

Are you saying that you wouldn't touch some fine k-girls?

Posted by: bmjlr ()
Date: January 04, 2021 09:28PM

K-girls don't associate with the negro.

Posted by: Yellow Fever ()
Date: January 04, 2021 09:41PM

Me likey these chicks

Date: January 04, 2021 11:15PM

We have had groups of k-girls several times before, especially when conducting operationso in Annandale, but never in Tysons.

Posted by: Yellow Line Latinos ()
Date: January 05, 2021 10:08PM

We fuck you all up.

No k-pops for us.

We gonna bang the bitches what want it.

Posted by: rayinoc ()
Date: January 09, 2022 11:33PM

Does anyone remember the name of the cafeteria at Tyson's corner? This is the early 70's to mid-'70s. I use to go there with my Grandmother (RIP). Always loved to be able to get my own tray and get the chocolate pudding. We spent many afternoons walking around the original Tyson's Corner. Many great memories that are fading (like the name of this cafeteria.) I want to say Morton's but that is not it.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: January 10, 2022 10:26PM

I believe Tyson's had Hot Shoppes Cafeteria, a Marriott operation. I probably ate there but don't remember it. I do remember eating at S&W Cafeteria at Seven Corners.

Posted by: Kelly ONeil ()
Date: December 25, 2022 09:55PM

Just surging around - saw your post from 12 years ago. My dad "was" Bunky O'neil - it was a barbeque place - honestly don't remember that we had spagetti :) I was only 14 when my dad and his partners opened the Tyson Corner location. What was strange is that you mentioned Burger Chef - befor my dad opened Bunky's, he was head of franchising and leasing in the western states for Burger Chef! I know it and recall it well! After he sold the Bunky O'Neils store at Tysons Corner, we moved to Arizona in the mid-70's.

Happy to know you recall the restaurant and Burger Chef!!

Regards and Merry Christmas!
Kelly

Posted by: Kelly ONEIL ()
Date: December 25, 2022 10:00PM

Hi Carol, Just surfing around and found your comment from many years ago. Bunky O'Neil was my dad!! I was 14 and got a workers permit to work there a few hours a week. When the restaurant was sold in the mid-70s we moved to Arizona - my dad's favorite state of all !!

Nice to see that you remember our restaurant!

Regards and Merry Christmas!
Kelly O'Neil

amfetamines online kopen amphetamin kaufen amfetamine kopen heroin bestellen
Posted by: heroin online kaufen ()
Date: December 27, 2022 06:19PM

amfetamines online kopen
amphetamin kaufen
amfetamine kopen
heroin bestellen
heroin online bestellen
Buy Platinum Gift Cards

heroine
kokain
amphetamin-online-kaufen

Buy Platinum Gift Cards

https://61b02679c03d3.site123.me/
https://sites.google.com/view/megachem/home
https://sites.google.com/view/cryptographicmines/

Amphetamin online kaufen
heroine kaufen online | heroin kaufen online| Amphetamin online kaufen
Amphetamin beeinflusst Chemikalien im Gehirn und in den Nerven, die helfen, Hyperaktivität zu kontrollieren und zu verwalten. Amphetamin wird zur Behandlung von ADHS eingesetzt. Amphetamin Das Amphetamin-Medikament Evekeo wird zur Behandlung von ADHS und Narkolepsie eingesetzt. Evekeo wird häufig zur Behandlung von Fettleibigkeit bei Menschen mit Diäten oder anderen Therapien angewendet, die möglicherweise nicht abnehmen. Es ist bekannt, dass bestimmte Tierarten eine längere Exposition von Amphetaminen in extrem hohen Konzentrationen des Patienten verursachen, um eine übermäßige Produktion des Dopaminsystems oder Nervenschäden zu verursachen, aber bei Menschen mit ADHS wird die Pharmakopöe manchmal als Amphetamin zur Behandlung von Mangel-Hyperaktivitätsstörung verwendet. Eine Langzeitbehandlung mit Amphetamin reduziert strukturelle und funktionelle Anomalien des Gehirns bei ADHS-Patienten und verbessert die Funktion in verschiedenen Teilen des Gehirns, wie zum Beispiel im Nucleus caudatus des rechten Basalganglions.
heroine kaufen online | heroin kaufen online| Amphetamin online kaufen
Dosierung :
https://heroinekaufen.de/product/heroin-online-kaufen/

amfetamines online kopen
amphetamin kaufen,
amfetamine kopen,
heroin bestellen,
heroin online bestellen

Bevor Sie mit der Einnahme von Amphetamin und jeder Nachfüllung beginnen, konsultieren Sie das Arzneimittelhandbuch Ihres Apothekers. Verwenden Sie dieses Medikament mit oder ohne Nahrung, normalerweise einmal täglich morgens,
https://alphamegadocumentarions.co/product/buy-counterfeit-e50-euro/
wie von Ihrem Arzt verordnet. Die Einnahme dieses Medikaments spät am Tag kann zu Schlafproblemen (Schlaflosigkeit) führen.
https://heroinekaufen.de/product/amphetamin-online-kaufen/
prepaids and chipped cloned cards for sale
Crystal zerstört Körper und Seele

Wir helfen Kunden bei der Beschaffung angemessener Medikamente. Online-Amphetamin-Anbieter sind bestrebt, Qualität in Bezug auf Ihre Medikamente bereitzustellen. Unsere Kunden suchen nach einer zuverlässigen Online-Apotheke, Online-Amphetamin, Methylon, Methamphetamin, Ketamin-Store, pass on das ,Amphetamin online kaufen „echte Angebot“ bietet. Wir bei Online-Amphetamin-Anbietern wissen, dass pass on Verwendung der richtigen Medikamente zu sanctum besten Preisen in vielen Fällen nicht nur Ihre Lebensqualität verbessern, sondern auch Ihren Geldbeutel schützen kann.
APVP for sale (also known as A-PVP, Alpha-PVP
https://helpmehempinc.com/product/get-zen-tranquility-cbd-capsules-300mg/

Wickr ID: alphaplug007
Telegram: vonheroin

Nembutal Online,
Herion zu verkaufen, heroin kaufen online, heroine kaufen online, Heroïne kopen, Heroïne online, Heroïne online kopen, Kaufen Sie Actavis Promethazin online Actavis Promethazin, Kaufen Sie Sexpillen online ohne Rezept, Kaufen Sie Viagra online ohne Rezept, Ketamin kaufen, Ketamin online kaufen, Ketaminpreise, Kokain online kaufen, Kokain zu verkaufen, Kokainpreise online, Viagra 100mg online kaufen, Vimax online kaufen, WH-018 zum Verkauf online, Wo kann ich Cialis 20mg online ohne Rezept kaufen, wo kann man Nembutal online kaufen, Zyrexin online zu verkaufen
https://darkfox-onionsite.com/dead-presidents/

Posted by: Ollie Burger ()
Date: December 27, 2022 06:49PM

I remember seeing the birds in Tysons when I was a kid. I worked at Lums from about 1979-1981. I think it was by the theatres and there was a Magic Pan or some other restaurant to the left. Lums was at the bottom of the escalator.

Pages: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.