HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Where can I go locally to get "All You Can Eat Crab Legs" in Northern Virginia?
Posted by: Seafood Lover ()
Date: July 02, 2013 02:46PM

I need to find a place locally that has "All You Can Eat Crab Legs", preferably near the Herndon/Sterling area if any are around. Would love to hear your experiences there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where can I go locally to get "All You Can Eat Crab Legs" in Northern Virginia?
Posted by: sharter ()
Date: July 02, 2013 02:52PM

"All You Can Eat Crab Legs" quickly becomes "All you can shit food poisoning"

Re: Where can I go locally to get "All You Can Eat Crab Legs" in Northern Virginia?
Posted by: at the Y ()
Date: July 02, 2013 02:53PM

Just spread your mom's legs. More than enough for you and your friends!

Date: July 02, 2013 02:57PM

at the Y Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just spread your mom's legs. More than enough for
> you and your friends!

She's been dead for years, I'm looking for something a little more fresh.

Posted by: Rip Van Winkle ()
Date: July 02, 2013 03:00PM

Chesapeake Bay Seafood House at Tyson's.

Posted by: bn ()
Date: July 02, 2013 03:02PM

you don't specify what type of crab legs but the last time I was there, Phillips in DC had snow crab legs.

Date: July 02, 2013 04:40PM

It doesn't matter any all you can eat crab legs.

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: July 02, 2013 04:41PM

No such place in Fairfax, but for the other variety of crabs, munch on, as you'll be sure to find them quite quickly.

Posted by: Cap't Crab ()
Date: July 02, 2013 04:44PM

You can go to Whitlows in Arlington on any Tuesday evening after 5. They are pretty reasonably priced as well, and are pretty good.

Posted by: Cap't Crab ()
Date: July 02, 2013 04:56PM

Just checked their website, they are up to 30 bucks now. Last time I went they were 25. So much for reasonable. But where else can you find them?

Posted by: Whhhhhhhatttt ()
Date: July 02, 2013 05:01PM

You need to go downy ocean. They will shove crab legs up your ass all day long.

Posted by: DcexE ()
Date: July 02, 2013 05:19PM

Todai @ Fair Oaks.

(All you can eat all manner of things, crab legs included in the deal.)

Posted by: M9m9p ()
Date: July 02, 2013 05:31PM

Cap't Crab Wrote:
> Just checked their website, they are up to 30
> bucks now. Last time I went they were 25. So much
> for reasonable. But where else can you find them?

If you're not talking about blue crabs, which might be more worth going someplace for, then just go to the grocery store. They're all the same pre-cooked and frozen legs there as you'll get anywhere else. Have them steam them for you if you can't do it yourself. Cooking crab legs isn't rocket science and a better kind of thing to eat at home where you can just relax and pig out and make a mess.

Posted by: seafoodlover ()
Date: July 02, 2013 05:34PM

DcexE Wrote:
> Todai @ Fair Oaks.
>
> (All you can eat all manner of things, crab legs
> included in the deal.)

True, but when you have to fight 20+ other hungry people for the measly 7-10 clusters they put out once every 1/2 hour it''s pointless to even try. It would literally take 3+ hours of sititng there to get even 5 clusters to yourself- and they hope you fill up on their other cheap dishes first.

Best to go to the DC wharf, a 10 pound box will set you back ~$70-80 (cap't white's price about a month ago when I went) but should be PLENTY for 2-3 people to gorge themselves. Add 2 dozen crabs, some shrimp, a few ears of corn and maybe some fried chicken, etc for the non seafood eaters in your group...baby you've got a crab feast going!!!

Not to mention, you can eat them right there on the water in that little dining area. Or just take them home, melt some butter, and get as drunk as you want while stuffing your face. Just use some lemon scented wipes for your hands and clean with any lemon scented cleaner to get rid of the smell afterwards and take all the trash outside, you don't want it stinking up your house!!

Guess what I'm doing July 4th? :)

Posted by: Capt. Nemo ()
Date: July 02, 2013 06:26PM

Have you tried Mysterious Island? The crab legs are big and so are the crabs! They just might eat you for dinner.
Attachments:
7843162_orig.jpg

Posted by: Chaego ()
Date: July 02, 2013 06:29PM

Costco.

Posted by: imbiker ()
Date: July 02, 2013 06:30PM

Captain Pells Fairfax City

Posted by: yum ()
Date: July 02, 2013 06:56PM

Capt. Nemo Wrote:
> Have you tried Mysterious Island? The crab legs
> are big and so are the crabs! They just might eat
> you for dinner.

That thing looks delicious.

Posted by: asdfasdfasf ()
Date: July 02, 2013 08:01PM

yum Wrote:
> Capt. Nemo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Have you tried Mysterious Island? The crab legs
> > are big and so are the crabs! They just might
> eat
> > you for dinner.
>
>
> That thing looks delicious.

It does doesn't it? Imagine if you cooked it? One crab leg could feed a family.

Posted by: DH ()
Date: July 02, 2013 08:36PM

I only do blue crabs but what about Joe's Crab Shack?

Posted by: Crabby Appleton ()
Date: July 02, 2013 09:07PM

Ok, here's the deal.

#1. Build a time machine

#2. Go back to 1980

#3. Go to Chesapeake Bay Seafood House

#4. enjoy....don't forget the hush puppies...

Posted by: Leotics Poe ()
Date: July 02, 2013 09:10PM

Whhhhhhhatttt Wrote:
> You need to go downy ocean. They will shove crab
> legs up your ass all day long.

Attachments:
4f0e2f6044.jpg

Posted by: Ye Ole Woodson Man ()
Date: July 02, 2013 09:45PM

Like the seafoodlover said go to Maine Ave DC and get a load of there crabs, shrimp, Costco as said has the big bags of frozen legs and big shrimp too. The crabs are simple to cook up drop in boiling water about 10 minutes pull em out.Shrimp 3-4 minutes drain and spice them up with Old Bay spice tossing in a colander (drainer). Kilroys at Ravensworth has a Tue and Wed happy hour special spiced shrimp, crab legs at very reasonable prices.For 25 bucks youll get plenty however its packed past 6pm.and done at 7 or 8pm
If you want a ride go to Capt. Johns Crab house on Cobb Island Md. 37 dollars for all you can eat crab legs, spiced shrimps like Chesapeake Bay was years back

In Herndon I dont know maybe Ice House Cafe or Resturaunt has them or Costco in Sterling

Posted by: hush puppies ()
Date: July 02, 2013 09:47PM

Crabby Appleton Wrote:
> Ok, here's the deal.
>
> #1. Build a time machine
>
> #2. Go back to 1980
>
> #3. Go to Chesapeake Bay Seafood House
>
> #4. enjoy....don't forget the hush puppies...

**sniff** I miss that place. Especially their hush puppies dipped in melted butter.

Posted by: Captain Nemo ()
Date: July 03, 2013 06:12AM

hush puppies Wrote:
> Crabby Appleton Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ok, here's the deal.
> >
> > #1. Build a time machine
> >
> > #2. Go back to 1980
> >
> > #3. Go to Chesapeake Bay Seafood House
> >
> > #4. enjoy....don't forget the hush puppies...
>
>
> **sniff** I miss that place. Especially their hush
> puppies dipped in melted butter.

I do too. *sniff*

Posted by: cap'n sig ()
Date: July 03, 2013 07:33PM

Come on up to Dutch Harbor AK and I'll put you to work aboard the Northwestern. You'll never want to ever see another fucking crab.

(no crybabies, it takes balls to fish with us)

Posted by: Mysterious Island Seafood House ()
Date: July 03, 2013 09:26PM

Yes, come on out open 24/7 where you get the biggest and the best "All You Can Eat Crab Legs" in the world. Sometimes you get the crab and sometimes it gets you...
Attachments:
Mysterious Island Crab.PNG

Posted by: Lived here forever ()
Date: July 03, 2013 09:30PM

Crab cakes are all I can do. It's like eating big bugs. Same for lobster and shrimp.

Posted by: Rookies... ()
Date: July 03, 2013 10:20PM

Ye Ole Woodson Man Wrote:
> Like the seafoodlover said go to Maine Ave DC and
> get a load of there crabs, shrimp, Costco as said
> has the big bags of frozen legs and big shrimp
> too. The crabs are simple to cook up drop in
> boiling water about 10 minutes pull em out...

Noooooo. You don't boil them, you steam them. Same idea, less water. ;)

It goes like this:

1. Get one of these things or a similar rack:

steamerbasket.gif

2. Put it in the bottom of a big-ass pot.

3. Add enough water to be just below the level of the steamer.

4. Add a pinch of salt.

5. Add whatever spices, vinegar, beer, whatever if you want.

6. Fire that puppy up until it's steaming good.

7. Drop them in.

8. Cover and steam for about 5-7 minutes.

All of the longer-legged King, Dungeness, and similar legs are pre-cooked. You want to steam them just long enough to get them good and hot. Cook them too long and they'll be rubbery.

Live-caught blue crabs, raw shrimp, etc., aren't pre-cooked (obviously) but the basic process is the same. Shrimp don't take long. About 3 mins or when they start to turn color. Blue and rock crabs take longer. 20 minutes or a little longer or shorter depending on number in the pot and size.

For all of the above, all you really want to do is to heat them until you've killed off any bacteria, et. al., that might be along for the ride. Anything much beyond that and you're probably over cooking it. Go for shorter versus longer past the point that you're sure that things are good and hot.

Posted by: Whhhatttt ()
Date: July 04, 2013 02:02AM

In the first episode, Batman and Robin were trapped inside a giant clam. No symbolism there.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.