HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Man who left toddler in vehicle
Posted by: Bill ()
Date: December 04, 2008 08:47PM

What ever happened to that guy (from Purcellville) who left his kid in his truck all day while he was at work? The kid died. There has not been much more about this anywhere. Does anyone have the scoop?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Man who left toddler in vehicle
Posted by: TTT ()
Date: December 05, 2008 09:34AM

bump

Posted by: Wahhhhh ()
Date: December 05, 2008 11:17AM

I don't know anything about it but if it is true, he is a total fucker. What more do you need to know?

Posted by: oni ()
Date: December 05, 2008 12:01PM

Can't believe that people have forgotten about this. Folks have grown so used to only remembering what the media puts in front of them, that they forget to think and wonder on their own.

Va. Toddler Dies After Father Leaves Him in SUV

By Michael Laris
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, July 10, 2008; B01

A consulting company manager left his newly adopted son sitting in a sport-utility vehicle in a Herndon parking lot for much of the day Tuesday, killing the 21-month-old child, police said yesterday.

The boy, Chase, was adopted three months ago from Russia, police said.

Miles Harrison, 49, of Purcellville was charged yesterday with manslaughter. He faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Dave Zorger, owner of Herndon-based Project Solutions Group, where Harrison is managing director, said someone went to the front desk at the end of the day Tuesday and told the receptionists about seeing something in a GMC Yukon with tinted windows parked outside.

"They said, 'Hey, Miles, is there something in your car?' and he went running outside," Zorger said.

Herndon Police Chief Toussaint E. Summers Jr. said Harrison was supposed to take Chase to day care. Instead, Harrison drove to work, and Chase sat in the SUV outside the building, in the 500 block of Herndon Parkway, for "at least several hours," Summers said. Exactly how long remains unclear. The high temperature Tuesday was about 90 degrees.

Zorger said Harrison arrived at work at the real estate consulting firm "sometime in the morning," and police said they received an emergency call about 5 p.m. that someone was performing CPR on an unresponsive child.

Summers said authorities think the manslaughter charge is appropriate. The investigation is continuing, he said.

"You can't leave a kid unattended," he said.

Summers would not say what investigators think happened. "Manslaughter is simply the unlawful killing without malice," Summers said. "It's really hard to know what was going on in Miles Harrison's mind at that point."

Zorger said he did not know whether some distraction might have contributed to the boy's death.

"I wish I knew the answer to those questions. Those are the same things I'm asking myself," Zorger said.

John Alexander Gomez, who works for a financial firm in the same green-and-gray building in the Herndon office park, said he was leaving for the day when he saw paramedics put the child's limp body in a white bag.

"That's a terrible death . . . with the heat. When I got in my car at 1, my steering wheel, you couldn't touch it," Gomez said. "To me, that's proof right there. You can't do too many things at once."

Evelyn Rivas, who works in the same building and has a 6-year-old daughter, said it was unthinkable that she would be in Harrison's situation. "I have a kid, and I don't think I'd forget they were in the car," Rivas said. "It seems to me a lot of people do it. It doesn't make sense."

Harrison was taken to a medical facility after rushing out to the child, and he was to be taken into custody there yesterday, Summers said.

Date: December 05, 2008 12:49PM

I think this is very sad. The guy obviously forgot that he had the kid in the car. If the kid was sleeping and he wasn't used to taking the kid to daycare, I can see how something like this might happen. Not that that is an excuse, but I imagine the guy was horrified when he realized what happened.

Posted by: Got the scoop ()
Date: December 05, 2008 09:37PM

He goes to trial later this month in Fairfax County Circuit Court.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: December 05, 2008 11:38PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think this is very sad.

Not half as sad as us, as media-induced zombies according to oni. Damn us for forgetting about this story, we should have been discussing it every day until now. Instead the media has steered us to our lost jobs, the election, etc.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: December 05, 2008 11:58PM

pgens Wrote:
> WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think this is very sad.
>
> Not half as sad as us, as media-induced zombies
> according to oni. Damn us for forgetting about
> this story, we should have been discussing it
> every day until now. Instead the media has
> steered us to our lost jobs, the election, etc.

The media had me distracted with something about Britney Spears and a new album. Actually, I forget what it even was at this point. I'm just sure it was really important. Before that it was something about Guns and Roses and the Chinese Government banning their album.

But nevermind, I just heard something about a new movie with Kate Winslet and Leonardo "Arnie" DiCaprio.

Posted by: jak blak ()
Date: December 06, 2008 01:41AM

UPDATE:The kid is still dead.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: December 06, 2008 02:25AM

jak blak Wrote:
> UPDATE:The kid is still dead.

That can't be. I just saw a story on Entertainment tonight...

Did you know there's a black president?

Did you hear about that terror attack in India?

I think it had something to do with OJ being sentenced to 9 years in prison.

Isn't purple the new black?

How about Miley Cyrus's Leibovitz Photo Session??

Wasn't there a new kid adopted by Angelina?

I can't keep up with all that important shit. Justin Timberlake just did something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2008 02:27AM by Bob.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.