HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
fairfax meat market?
Posted by: puttingonapron ()
Date: March 21, 2013 11:01PM

With all the grocery stores going to pre-packed meat, is there anyone around here that is a real butcher shop? Went to lexington market a few weeks ago and although it was cheaper meat, it looked like it sat out a few days on the same ice....

BBQ season is coming and I just got a new grill on sale! Thanks!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fairfax meat market?
Posted by: hoocoodanode ()
Date: March 21, 2013 11:09PM

Only one I know of is Springfield Butcher. http://www.springfieldbutcher.com

More expensive than grocery stores.

Posted by: WTF???? ()
Date: March 22, 2013 12:04AM

Springfield Butcher is slightly more expensive, but their ground round and ground sirlion is cheaper than Giant's normal price. Springfield Butcher also runs Groupons every couple of month's $15 for $30 or $13 for $26, which are pretty good deals.

Wegman's still has a meat counter that is open everyday until at least 8:00pm. There used to be a butcher on route 28 between Centreville and Manassas, but I think they closed. Some Giants still have meat counters staffed by a butcher, but I am seeing more of the pre-cut pre-packaged meat (called Nature's Promise - your satisfaction is guaranteed) at my local Giants now. Safeway has some meat counters, but they are only open until 6:00pm.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: March 23, 2013 08:21AM

The best Fairfax meat market is Jacksons in RTC

Posted by: Speedy Gonzolez ()
Date: March 23, 2013 09:20AM

Americana Grocery over on Main Street in Fairfax Across from weber tire. The prices arent bad and they always have 2 or 3 guys cutting meat. Yes it's a latin market but they speak good english. They'll cut your meat to size off larger peices, they take the time to cut off a reasonable amount of fat. They have a very large freezer case so if you don't see what your looking for just ask. The Carne Asada they sell is very high quality. If you have never tried them , get some of the beef ribs. Get them cut about an inch thick ( Latin Style is cutting the ribs against the bone ) . Cook on the grill bone side down until you see blood coming out the bone then cook them on the other sides for a few minutes.

Posted by: Alban Road ()
Date: March 23, 2013 09:26AM

hoocoodanode Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Only one I know of is Springfield Butcher.
> http://www.springfieldbutcher.com
>
> More expensive than grocery stores.

Way more expensive on some things.

Price their pre-made kebabs. Holy crap.

Posted by: schweatyMeat ()
Date: March 23, 2013 11:38AM

Try Wilson Farms Meat Company in Catlett, VA. Last time I was there, it was run by an old German with weird sense of humor.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.