HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Has anyone here had their spine readjusted at a chiropractor?
Posted by: CuriousAboutChiropractic ()
Date: March 20, 2013 10:40PM

Just wondering if it's worth paying for the initial session and if the experience is really pleasant, and how so?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone here had their spine readjusted at a chiropractor?
Posted by: Rub and Tug ()
Date: March 20, 2013 10:44PM

You just have to subtly ask for the happy ending, then it's really pleasant.

Posted by: Burke Brat ()
Date: March 20, 2013 10:47PM

Almost better than Sex. Relaxed and gets the kinks out ;) But on a more serious note, depending on your problem and the doctor will know better, usually a 20 minute relaxation under(12 volt wet sponge electro therapy) then the adjustment takes the pent up kinks out of your spine, you will feel 100% better after 1 treatment. I have trapezius muscle that acts up every now and then. I need to go back... I have used Rolling Valley Chiropractic on a few occasions and he seems to be knowledgeable and decently priced. Check with your insurance to see if they cover it first.

Posted by: CuriousAboutChiropractic ()
Date: March 20, 2013 10:56PM

Very cool. I've always been a glutton for massage as I'm into powerlifting. I'm just looking for something to really relax me and energize me at the same time.

Did you feel any difference in your legs or balance afterwards?

Posted by: Burke Brat ()
Date: March 20, 2013 10:59PM

CuriousAboutChiropractic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very cool. I've always been a glutton for massage
> as I'm into powerlifting. I'm just looking for
> something to really relax me and energize me at
> the same time.
>
> Did you feel any difference in your legs or
> balance afterwards?

Mine was upper Back, but I would say yes, I stood straighter and felt more stable, but if you go in not being able to hold your head up and come out feeling like a new person.

Posted by: JoJOJOJoJo ()
Date: March 21, 2013 07:00AM

It feel amazing. I used to have upper and lower back adjusted. He would even adjust my sinuses when I was congested. It feels amazing.

Posted by: duhhhhhh ()
Date: March 21, 2013 07:46AM

The success of the treatment really depends on the source of your problem & the type of chiropractor you see.

From what I can gather there are two main "types" of chiropractic care. One focuses on stretching and massage, the other uses this little rubber hydraulic thing to "pop" things back into place (along with some minor massage).

My body doesn't react well to short-term extreme stretching or vigorous massage and tends to tighten up worse afterwards, so that type of chiropractic treatment made me worse. However, the rubber hydraulic mallet deal was pretty damn amazing. My back locked up on me and I could barely walk, couldn't stand up straight & was in debilitating pain. I went and saw a chiro on referral from a friend and in 1.5 hours the pain was almost completely gone, I was able to walk, could stand up fine and felt about an inch taller. I felt like I was walking on clouds too (to reference someones comment earlier about feeling funny in your legs).

However, my larger problem is a herniated disk & the treatment after each episode of locking up had less and less positive effect. The first time was amazing, the second time was really good, third time was good, by the 5th time it didn't help all that much.

What I have found to be much more effective, especially longer term, is a good sports acupuncturist done along with maintenance type chiropractic care.

Your mileage may vary.

Posted by: Former back pain sufferer ()
Date: March 21, 2013 02:35PM

Spine adjustment is not a massage and is neither pleasant or unpleasant. But if you have back pain that feels like a toothache shooting down your leg, the adjustments and leg stretching I got eliminated the nerve pressure and intense pain. It took about two weeks to relieve the pressure enough to start the pain reduction. Treatment at less frequent intervals continued for about 6 more months to get rid of the pain completely and let the nerve heal (folic acid helps with that). YMMV. Prior to each adjustment, electrodes and heat pads were put on my back for about 10 minutes to relax the back muscles.

See Dr. Philip Connolly, Spine Care of Alexandria. He is a really good guy who won't sell you anything more than stopping your back or leg pain from pinched spinal nerves. When the pain is gone for a month or so, he's done and cuts you loose. Had it done about 8 years ago and have been pain-free ever since. Now it's loose enough that I can "pop" my own back (like cracking knuckles) as maintenance if things start feeling a bit tight. If it ever gets out of hand again, I'll go back to him long before taking the chance on orthopedic surgery.

Posted by: BACK PAIN ()
Date: March 21, 2013 06:25PM

I had back pains almost 10 years ago. Could barely walk, could only sit for short periods of time and needed help moving my legs when in sat down. Went to one doctor and he wanted to do surgery - he would not guarantee that it would work. Heard about a technique called "active relese technique" www.activerelease.com . The chiro who is licensed in this gets to the root of the soft tissue problem. Come to find out my lower spine was twisted and locked in place due to an accident that i was involved in 3 years prior. Roughly 10 visits later i was up and moving around pain free. I stayed with him for a year or two longer for preventive measures and have been pain free since.
He has since moved from the area. Active Release Technique in the way to go.

Posted by: jovan ()
Date: March 21, 2013 09:01PM

Chiropractic family practive centeville 703-222-3737

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.