HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Allowed??? Daughter said Westfield is going to be doing drug testing
Posted by: When will it end ()
Date: December 02, 2008 02:49PM

My daughter just got home from school and said that she is hearing around school that if the school suspects that the kids are high during the school day, they will be doing drug testing on the spot. Is this allowed?

She also mentioned there is an upcoming spot check for drugs, specifically Heroin, the police plan to bring in the dogs ect....

Is the use of heroin happening in all schools around the County or am I just hearing Westfield's name so much because we are in that district and of course thats where my daughter attends? I'm hearing as well that specifically at Westfield the majority of heroin users are mostly white kids.

This is really sad, what ever happend to drugs such as speed & weed? It seems that each year the type of drug gets more dangerous thats introduced into the school. My daughter is in her senior year and I know as a freshman, I heard that the drugs then were just weed, then in her sophmore year it went to ecstasy, then her junior year it seems like coke was the big thing, and now her senior year its heroin. There isnt a day that has past since school started that she is coming home and saying that something happened involving drugs. I feel horrible for the parents of the children that are using, at the same time I am so greatful that I have a daughter that is smart enough to stay away from this crap. I'm also really happy that this is her last year, I cant imagine what drug will be next.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Allowed??? Daughter said Westfield is going to be doing drug testing
Posted by: Pablo Escobar ()
Date: December 02, 2008 02:54PM

Look Lady,

Step your parenting game up a little bit if this concerns you so much. Drugs may go through cycles, but no matter what drug is "hip" at the time, all of them can be found. Usually when I hear a parent say "my little Johnny is so smart...." that means that little Jane/Johnny is doing all the things she/he are telling you about.

I like how you classify speed and weed in the same category. Speed is pretty bad actually and weed can be harmful if a person is a mental midget.

Step your game up Mom and go ask the damn school yourself.

Posted by: P-cup ()
Date: December 02, 2008 03:58PM

I think parents and kids should see the silver lining in all of this. You get to piss in a cup for someone! So make sure you douse the outside of the cup liberally with urine. And to be a real pain, decline the urine test but offer up a generous stool sample instead.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: December 02, 2008 04:10PM

First, The Supreme Court has ruled it is ok to give public school authorities the green light to conduct random, suspicionless, drug testing of all junior and senior high school students wishing to participate in extra-curricular activities.

For further information pleaee see the Office of National Drug Control Policy information pamphlet on drug testing in schools at http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/publications/drug_testing/

And pay particular attention to the last part which says:

For those who worry about the “Big Brother” dimension of drug testing, it is worth pointing out that test results are generally required by law to remain confidential, and in no case are they turned over to the police

And on a personal note, as the parent of a teen-age daughter you should learn to
a) Keep her away from this site - we are after all "criminals helping criminals"
b) Learn to use Google.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 04:11PM by Radiophile.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: December 02, 2008 04:11PM

If your precious snowflake isn't involved with drugs, why would she be worried about drug dogs and pee-pee tests?

It never fails; you want your kids to be safe, but you think metal detectors are an invasion of your little darling's privacy. You don't want your pretty pretty princess being exposed to those icky drugs, but object to a school policy that involves busting kids for drugs.

I hope you're sitting down for this: There will always be kids in the school using drugs. The only thing these actions are going to accomplish are busting the dumb and careless ones so the county can claim success in their efforts. The smart ones will still be conducting business as usual.

Posted by: go easy ()
Date: December 02, 2008 04:11PM

Pablo - go easy on When Will it End. Not easy being a parent of a teenager, most of whom think they are invincible (I did), and especially in a school with kids with money to spend and down time to burn - a potent combination.

I do agree that parents that profess their kids non-involvement in many cases are delusional. But it helps if the kid talks openly about the issue with parents - a positive factor this parent no doubt has identified and which gives her post a ring of authenticity.

A hard thing to do as a parent of a teen is to get to know their vices by taking a cold eyed look at how they act (not what they say) and what makes them tick. And you are correct in stating that all sorts of drugs and activity need to be on the table of possibilities.

And I do have a bit of quibble with your comment about weed - mind you - you are not wrong. But my specific problem with marijuana - having observed friends who have used over four decades, is that about one in four or five who use regularly for a period of time (clearly not scientific here) have problems with weed use, become incredibly dependent on it, and let this motivation killer control their lives. For some, burnout is real. And quite often it is a life wasted - with offspring that don't get provided for well, loads of talent that gets wasted, experiments with other and far more harmful drugs, and family and close friends that must provide or step in for someone who has become dysfunctional, and so on. This doesn't mean we should continue to criminalize its use, or demonize it unfairly. But no one in the health profession is going to say weed use is a good thing (especially given that smoking is its most common delivery mechanism), and I just don't get people who want to trivialize it. The best way to avoid becoming that one in 5 is not to use it.

Posted by: Jim Urinalysis Morrison ()
Date: December 02, 2008 04:30PM

Five to one, baby, one in five,
No one hear gets peepee tested...

Posted by: Barney ()
Date: December 02, 2008 04:37PM

Radiophile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And pay particular attention to the last part
> which says:
>
> For those who worry about the “Big Brother”
> dimension of drug testing, it is worth pointing
> out that test results are generally required by
> law to remain confidential, and in no case are
> they turned over to the police

Thank god! We certainly wouldn't want the kids to get in trouble for doing illegal drugs.

After all these are just kids... now adults doing drugs is a completely different story!

Posted by: LCB ()
Date: December 02, 2008 06:28PM

Another stupid Westfield parent. If you have to ask, "is this only happening at my school?" then clearly you have no clue. What else don't you know? The school is too big to manage. No wonder they have to go to extremes to understand what their students are up to. And really, if heroine is all you are worried that little Muffy will get into, then I guess you have no reason to care about all of the parties that her classmates (and probably her) attend where there is an abundance of alchohol, served even by your kid's friend's parents. This happens all the time at Westfield with terrible results. Flashback to Sept. '07 when another little Muffy killed a woman. Recently the cops busted another mom for contributing to the delienquency of a minor--aka serving alcohol and other fine un-fingerfoods at her child's party. Several students were busted as well--know any of um? They were probably Muffies just like your's. Westfield students like to party and whatever is the worst kind of drug or trouble, is the best kind of fun. Especially when you have a bunch of nimrod parents who are blinded by the phony accolades and ignore what is blantantly staring them. What a disasterous mess, the county has created by throwing 3000 kids into one building and expecting nothing but state champion sports.

Date: December 02, 2008 06:56PM

Like these sweethearts?

DECEMBER 2--A group of teenagers working at a Minnesota nursing home abused and sexually humiliated elderly residents suffering from Alzheimer's disease and dementia, prosecutors allege. The six young female caregivers were named yesterday in criminal complaints charging them with a variety of cruel behavior at the Good Samaritan Society nursing home in Albert Lea, a city in southern Minnesota. Only two of those charged--Brianna Broitzman, 19, and Ashton Larson, 18--are named in the complaints since they were not minors when the alleged abuse occurred. According to District Court complaints filed against Broitzman (pictured above left) and Larson (above right), nursing home residents were spat upon, spanked, improperly touched, and tormented by the teenagers earlier this year. Excerpts of the misdemeanor complaints can be found below. Broitzman allegedly poked one resident's breasts, spit into the mouth of another elderly person, and "put her bare butt" in the face of a Good Samaritan Society resident identified as "S.W." Larson once "inserted her finger into a resident's rectum," spit water on another "vulnerable adult," and would deliberately bathe a resident in a rough manner so the elderly man would get an erection. The minor caregivers are identified in the complaints by their initials and dates of birth. Broitzman, charged with 11 criminal counts, and Larson, charged with 10 counts, face a year in jail or up to a year in jail on each of the raps. (8 pages)
Attachments:
1202081inside1.jpg

Posted by: Concerned ()
Date: December 02, 2008 07:40PM

OH MY GOODNESS! That is really sick! I am speechless!

Posted by: Cougar Mom ()
Date: December 02, 2008 08:08PM

I was shocked to recently find out all the drugs at Oakton. We paid good money to get our kids into a top school in the US only to find out it has a hidden drug problem.

I agree that alot of rich parents give their kids way to much freedom and money. Then the parents turn their heads towards their jobs and forget all about raising their kids. Kids with a lot of money and plenty of time will certainly find their way to drugs for something different. Crack and Heroine in high school????

Parents should encourage their kids to get involved in sports and after school activities. It would also be a good idea for the kids to learn the value of earning some of their own money!

Date: December 02, 2008 08:31PM

go easy Wrote:
> Pablo - go easy on When Will it End. Not easy
> being a parent of a teenager, most of whom think
> they are invincible (I did), and especially in a
> school with kids with money to spend and down time
> to burn - a potent combination.
>
> I do agree that parents that profess their kids
> non-involvement in many cases are delusional. But
> it helps if the kid talks openly about the issue
> with parents - a positive factor this parent no
> doubt has identified and which gives her post a
> ring of authenticity.
>
> A hard thing to do as a parent of a teen is to get
> to know their vices by taking a cold eyed look at
> how they act (not what they say) and what makes
> them tick. And you are correct in stating that
> all sorts of drugs and activity need to be on the
> table of possibilities.
>
> And I do have a bit of quibble with your comment
> about weed - mind you - you are not wrong. But my
> specific problem with marijuana - having observed
> friends who have used over four decades, is that
> about one in four or five who use regularly for a
> period of time (clearly not scientific here) have
> problems with weed use, become incredibly
> dependent on it, and let this motivation killer
> control their lives. For some, burnout is real.
> And quite often it is a life wasted - with
> offspring that don't get provided for well, loads
> of talent that gets wasted, experiments with other
> and far more harmful drugs, and family and close
> friends that must provide or step in for someone
> who has become dysfunctional, and so on. This
> doesn't mean we should continue to criminalize its
> use, or demonize it unfairly. But no one in the
> health profession is going to say weed use is a
> good thing (especially given that smoking is its
> most common delivery mechanism), and I just don't
> get people who want to trivialize it. The best way
> to avoid becoming that one in 5 is not to use it.

So 1 out of 4 eh, which would probably mean that that ONE is the mental midget, simp.

Date: December 02, 2008 08:40PM

I certainly hope tha parent, and the rest of you, read the information I provided. For God's sakes parents - you have teenagers. Prove you ARE smarter than a fifth grader!

Posted by: SBS ()
Date: December 02, 2008 09:55PM

Cougar Mom Wrote:
> I was shocked to recently find out all the drugs
> at Oakton. We paid good money to get our kids
> into a top school in the US only to find out it
> has a hidden drug problem.
>
> I agree that alot of rich parents give their kids
> way to much freedom and money. Then the parents
> turn their heads towards their jobs and forget all
> about raising their kids. Kids with a lot of
> money and plenty of time will certainly find their
> way to drugs for something different. Crack and
> Heroine in high school????
>
> Parents should encourage their kids to get
> involved in sports and after school activities. It
> would also be a good idea for the kids to learn
> the value of earning some of their own money!

There's nothing "hidden" about Oakton's drug problem.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: December 02, 2008 10:05PM

go easy Wrote:
> get people who want to trivialize it. The best way
> to avoid becoming that one in 5 is not to use it.

More than one in five who eat at McDonald's is obese. We shouldn't trivialize Big Macs.

Posted by: Don't let them get away with it ()
Date: December 02, 2008 10:14PM

"For those who worry about the “Big Brother” dimension of drug testing, it is worth pointing out that test results are generally required by law to remain confidential, and in no case are they turned over to the police"

The problem I have with this is that it's missing the point. "Big Brother" isn't about information being provided to the police, but about the government putting it's hands where it doesn't belong - keeping tabs on it's citizens, and making sure they aren't getting into trouble (whatever the [un]popular opinion of "trouble" happens to be). If parents want to drug test their children, fine, a test is something like $5, go for it if you're concerned. Same for private companies & private schools, they pay for it, they can test all they want.

How long till you have to pee in a cup to get a fishing license?

Date: December 02, 2008 10:14PM

Cougar Mom Wrote:
> I was shocked to recently find out all the drugs
> at Oakton. We paid good money to get our kids
> into a top school in the US only to find out it
> has a hidden drug problem.
>
> I agree that alot of rich parents give their kids
> way to much freedom and money. Then the parents
> turn their heads towards their jobs and forget all
> about raising their kids. Kids with a lot of
> money and plenty of time will certainly find their
> way to drugs for something different. Crack and
> Heroine in high school????
>
> Parents should encourage their kids to get
> involved in sports and after school activities. It
> would also be a good idea for the kids to learn

Yeah, get involved in sports! The football team is cycling HGH, clenbuterol and winstrol. The wrestling, lacrosse and hockey teams are smoking weed. The cheerleaders are eating diet pills and cold tablets like tic-tacs. They all do lines of cocaine at parties, especially over the summer break.

Oakton has never had a "hidden" drug problem.

I don't even have kids, and yet from talking to my friends and their high school aged kids, I'm more aware of what is going on in the county's schools than the majority of parents.

Posted by: AnotherDirtyOldMan ()
Date: December 02, 2008 10:21PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> Like these sweethearts?
>
> DECEMBER 2--A group of teenagers working at a
> Minnesota nursing home abused and sexually
> humiliated elderly residents suffering from
> Alzheimer's disease and dementia, prosecutors
> allege. The six young female caregivers were named
> yesterday in criminal complaints charging them
> with a variety of cruel behavior at the Good
> Samaritan Society nursing home in Albert Lea, a
> city in southern Minnesota. Only two of those
> charged--Brianna Broitzman, 19, and Ashton Larson,
> 18--are named in the complaints since they were
> not minors when the alleged abuse occurred.
> According to District Court complaints filed
> against Broitzman (pictured above left) and Larson
> (above right), nursing home residents were spat
> upon, spanked, improperly touched, and tormented
> by the teenagers earlier this year. Excerpts of
> the misdemeanor complaints can be found below.
> Broitzman allegedly poked one resident's breasts,
> spit into the mouth of another elderly person, and
> "put her bare butt" in the face of a Good
> Samaritan Society resident identified as "S.W."
> Larson once "inserted her finger into a resident's
> rectum," spit water on another "vulnerable adult,"
> and would deliberately bathe a resident in a rough
> manner so the elderly man would get an erection.
> The minor caregivers are identified in the
> complaints by their initials and dates of birth.
> Broitzman, charged with 11 criminal counts, and
> Larson, charged with 10 counts, face a year in
> jail or up to a year in jail on each of the raps.
> (8 pages)

So that's what Radiophile's daughter has been up to. She can give me a 'rough' bath anytime she wants!

Date: December 03, 2008 12:02AM

AnotherDirtyOldMan Wrote:
> Radiophile Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Like these sweethearts?
> >
> > DECEMBER 2--A group of teenagers working at a
> > Minnesota nursing home abused and sexually
> > humiliated elderly residents suffering from
> > Alzheimer's disease and dementia, prosecutors
> > allege. The six young female caregivers were
> named
> > yesterday in criminal complaints charging them
> > with a variety of cruel behavior at the Good
> > Samaritan Society nursing home in Albert Lea, a
> > city in southern Minnesota. Only two of those
> > charged--Brianna Broitzman, 19, and Ashton
> Larson,
> > 18--are named in the complaints since they were
> > not minors when the alleged abuse occurred.
> > According to District Court complaints filed
> > against Broitzman (pictured above left) and
> Larson
> > (above right), nursing home residents were spat
> > upon, spanked, improperly touched, and
> tormented
> > by the teenagers earlier this year. Excerpts of
> > the misdemeanor complaints can be found below.
> > Broitzman allegedly poked one resident's
> breasts,
> > spit into the mouth of another elderly person,
> and
> > "put her bare butt" in the face of a Good
> > Samaritan Society resident identified as "S.W."
> > Larson once "inserted her finger into a
> resident's
> > rectum," spit water on another "vulnerable
> adult,"
> > and would deliberately bathe a resident in a
> rough
> > manner so the elderly man would get an
> erection.
> > The minor caregivers are identified in the
> > complaints by their initials and dates of
> birth.
> > Broitzman, charged with 11 criminal counts, and
> > Larson, charged with 10 counts, face a year in
> > jail or up to a year in jail on each of the
> raps.
> > (8 pages)
>
>
> So that's what Radiophile's daughter has been up
> to. She can give me a 'rough' bath anytime she
> wants!

In your dreams - I do not have a daughter.

Posted by: RadioHater ()
Date: December 03, 2008 12:27AM

Radiophile Wrote:
> AnotherDirtyOldMan Wrote:
> -----
> > Radiophile Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Like these sweethearts?
> > >
> > > DECEMBER 2--A group of teenagers working at a
> > > Minnesota nursing home abused and sexually
> > > humiliated elderly residents suffering from
> > > Alzheimer's disease and dementia, prosecutors
> > > allege. The six young female caregivers were
> > named
> > > yesterday in criminal complaints charging
> them
> > > with a variety of cruel behavior at the Good
> > > Samaritan Society nursing home in Albert Lea,
> a
> > > city in southern Minnesota. Only two of those
> > > charged--Brianna Broitzman, 19, and Ashton
> > Larson,
> > > 18--are named in the complaints since they
> were
> > > not minors when the alleged abuse occurred.
> > > According to District Court complaints filed
> > > against Broitzman (pictured above left) and
> > Larson
> > > (above right), nursing home residents were
> spat
> > > upon, spanked, improperly touched, and
> > tormented
> > > by the teenagers earlier this year. Excerpts
> of
> > > the misdemeanor complaints can be found
> below.
> > > Broitzman allegedly poked one resident's
> > breasts,
> > > spit into the mouth of another elderly
> person,
> > and
> > > "put her bare butt" in the face of a Good
> > > Samaritan Society resident identified as
> "S.W."
> > > Larson once "inserted her finger into a
> > resident's
> > > rectum," spit water on another "vulnerable
> > adult,"
> > > and would deliberately bathe a resident in a
> > rough
> > > manner so the elderly man would get an
> > erection.
> > > The minor caregivers are identified in the
> > > complaints by their initials and dates of
> > birth.
> > > Broitzman, charged with 11 criminal counts,
> and
> > > Larson, charged with 10 counts, face a year
> in
> > > jail or up to a year in jail on each of the
> > raps.
> > > (8 pages)
> >
> >
> > So that's what Radiophile's daughter has been
> up
> > to. She can give me a 'rough' bath anytime she
> > wants!
>
> In your dreams - I do not have a daughter.

I know; you don't have a wife either. All you have is your little gimp boy, Fundamental!

Date: December 03, 2008 01:36AM

Mr. Mephisto and Pablo... its really comical how you both have twisted my post to reflect that myself or my daughter are worried about being pee tested. I asked a simple question and you twist and twist to make it into something its not. My daughter is not worried about being tested and i'm all for it and think it should have been started a long time ago. I simply wanted to know if it was legal to test a student on the spot, specifically a student under the age of 18. maybe I should have been more clearer with my question.

My daughter and I have a very good relationship with open communication about anything and I can assure you that she has not tested out the drug scene, she gets to see first hand at her school what drugs can do to you and the trouble they can get you into and she wishes to be no part of that. She walks in the door daily and comes to me with the events that happened at the school, no matter what they were, good or bad. It does however make her sad that her school has been in the news alot lately and for negative reasons. If you remember or maybe you didnt read, but my daughter was one of the girls that was screamed at that she should be hung from a tree and it was my daughter who acted more like an adult in simply asking for an apology from the boys who yelled it out.

As for you LCB.... I drive my daughter to every party that she attends, I walk my daughter up to the house, say hello to the parents and I leave. I then pick up my daughter after the party is over, say goodnight to the parents and we go home. If I dont know them, she doesnt attend. Really simple. Does my daughter like the rules, no, not all the time, but in the end, she's had a great time, she's alive and isnt in some drunken stupor, puking all over the place. We do it all over again the next weekend, at the next party.

I really dont care how others view me a as a parent, the fact that all of my kids are safe and alive is all that matters to me. I'm lucky in that I am home all day (not by choice) and have the time to be with my kids, many parents dont have that luxury as they are working up to two jobs trying to survive in this County. So many kids are left alone until after 6pm at night and only get maybe two hours with they're parents before its time for bed. Its not that way here, I am available 24 hours for all of my kids. In the end, I wouldnt have it any other way.

Thanks for your input though.

Date: December 03, 2008 02:05AM

When will it end,

When I went to college, the kids like your daughter ended up getting pregnant, or being hauled away in ambulances for alcohol poisoning or injuring themselves in some crazy manner due to drinking.

You need to let your daughter experience her life without your control NOW, not when she goes off to college and has an overwhelming sense of unsupervised freedom.

My parents were strict, and I knew I could face consequences, but I expiremented with drinking and smoking weed. I knew not to get into anything harder, and I knew to temper my expirementation with the knowledge that I had to come home and deal with my parents.

All of my friends who were treated the same by their parents went to college and were bored with all of it. We hung out at bars, or drank in dorm rooms, but we were able to get up in the morning and go to class. All the sheltered kids whose only experience with drinking started in college ended up getting themselves in trouble.

Of all the kids who ended up being taken away in ambulances, I remember the one kid who tried to beer-bong 2 beers and 6 shots of everclear. He jumped out of the third floor window of his dorm room. He broke something like 30 percent of his bones. He only survived because he was too drunk to kill himself.

Maybe your daughter is smarter than that. Let's hope so. But I've seen so many examples of protected or over-disciplined kids losing their minds once they experience all the freedom of college. And I went to a jesuit college with lots of rules. The problem was that some kids were so accustomed to overbearing parental supervision that they lose their minds.

There was even a ROTC kid who almost went blind drinking everclear. Three days before he pulled that stunt, he told me about how his parents supervised every activity and how he had never had the responsibility to even go to a concert with a few friends on their own. He was flabbergasted when I told him I went to a Pink Floyd concert the night before the first day of final exams, senior year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 02:06AM by Bob.

Date: December 03, 2008 02:30AM

Bob,
I understand what your saying. Let me just say that she has not gone near drugs at all but has tested the waters with drinking. She has an older sister who attends college and my younger daughter (when I say younger, I mean she is 18 yrs old) went and spent a week with her over the summer. My older daughter wanted her to stay with her so that she could see what that specific college was like and had to offer, so she attended classes all week as a guest. I knew that if she was going to try drinking that it would be this week and we sat down prior to her leaving and had a long talk about it.

My oldest daughter took her to one bar which allowed 18 and above to enter that week and the rest of the time they stayed at my daughters apt. The night they were at the bar my younger daughter was offered a few drinks which she refused and during the week at night they stayed home and watched movies, cooked and went shopping. My older daughter even said the younger one had refused a few drinks.

It was late summer when I came home from staying a weekend away that I had found out that she had tried drinking. My husband has a bar downstairs and she had tapped into that. How I found out was that she had come to me on Sunday and told me that she had drank over the weekend, got sick and didnt like it. I never would have known because I dont mark the bottles or anything like that because of the trust and open communication we have. She just felt comfortable enough to come and tell me that she had tried it and explained what it was like for her. I'm sure there are going to be more times that she will try it, but for now she is aware of what it feels like to get sick and be hung over and as of right now she has no desire to get involved with it. I'm happy that she did it in her own house, remained here and most of all told me about it.

She is alot different than my 23 yr old, who loves to drink and I think alot of this is my younger daughter seeing the older one drunk and stupid which has kept her smart and away from wanting to continue to do it.

Date: December 03, 2008 02:45AM

When will it end,

Even if your kids are "playing you" by saying "yeah, I tried drinking but didn't like it", that's still good.

Whether they really don't like it, or are just trying to placate your worries, that's a good thing.

It sounds like your kids have tested their boundaries, and have not been so restricted from the natural teenage urge to expirement, that when they go off to college, they'll already know their own limitations.

I've seen so many examples of kids who were raised by hyper-worried parents where the kids just haven't had the opportunity to make mistakes and end up doing more harm to themselves in college when they could make the same mistakes in high school when they are young enough to bounce back and when even the law is willing to be lenient. I knew of kids who got caught with beer, or even weed, and the cops either made them pour it out, or dump the bag of weed, or took the kids to their house and turned them over to their parents.

That sort of stuff doesn't happen once you're in college. You're an adult then.

Your 23 year old is just trying to extend her window of opportunitey to claim youthful indiscretion. Let it play out for a year, or two, or so.

I would love to be able to still enjoy youthful indiscretion, but approaching 40, it is no longer possible. Age sucks.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: December 03, 2008 03:40AM

When Will It End, I can assure your daughter will have willingly and eagerly given out over a thousand blowjobs by the end of fiscal '10, most of them while high and/or drunk. I am going to be #'s 322, 784, and 939, according to a random drawing held a few minutes ago on the porn site she will be working for.

Date: December 03, 2008 03:43AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> When Will It End, I can assure your daughter will
> have willingly and eagerly given out over a
> thousand blowjobs by the end of fiscal '10, most
> of them while high and/or drunk. I am going to be
> #'s 322, 784, and 939, according to a random
> drawing held a few minutes ago on the porn site
> she will be working for.

But REston peace, they have a sex offenders list you really don't want to be on.

Date: December 03, 2008 03:46AM

I thought we were talking about a high school senior, it's no sex offense to boink one of them if they are 18. Anti-sodomy laws no longer apply between consenting adults due to supreme court decisions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 03:46AM by RESton Peace.

Date: December 03, 2008 03:50AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> I thought we were talking about a high school
> senior, it's no sex offense to boink one of them
> if they are 18. Anti-sodomy laws no longer apply
> between consenting adults due to supreme court
> decisions.

Okay, if she's 18, I have to be envious. If she's 17 or younger, I have to be a good citizen and express my disgust.

Date: December 03, 2008 05:00AM

REston peace...
I can ASSURE you that she wont be consenting and therefore you may end up getting more than you bargained for sitting in a nice, cold, empty cell with rape charges slapped on you and even better yet, you'll be everyones new little bitch bending over several times a day.

Date: December 03, 2008 09:09AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> When Will It End, I can assure your daughter will
> have willingly and eagerly given out over a
> thousand blowjobs by the end of fiscal '10, most
> of them while high and/or drunk. I am going to be
> #'s 322, 784, and 939, according to a random
> drawing held a few minutes ago on the porn site
> she will be working for.

+1
So far, this has been the post of the year

Posted by: Larry ()
Date: December 03, 2008 10:00AM

Don't let them get away with it Wrote:
> "For those who worry about the “Big Brother”
> dimension of drug testing, it is worth pointing
> out that test results are generally required by
> law to remain confidential, and in no case are
> they turned over to the police"
>
> The problem I have with this is that it's missing
> the point. "Big Brother" isn't about information
> being provided to the police, but about the
> government putting it's hands where it doesn't
> belong - keeping tabs on it's citizens, and making
> sure they aren't getting into trouble (whatever
> the popular opinion of "trouble" happens to be).
> If parents want to drug test their children, fine,
> a test is something like $5, go for it if you're
> concerned. Same for private companies & private
> schools, they pay for it, they can test all they
> want.
>
> How long till you have to pee in a cup to get a
> fishing license?

Sorry, but doing and possessing drugs on school property is Big Brother's business

Posted by: wastefield only? ()
Date: December 03, 2008 10:05AM

I'm curious, first of all as to whether this is just a rumor about spot drug testing or if they're really going to do it and if they are only planning to do it at Wastefield.

Most of the heroin distribution may have come from there but you can be certain there are junkies wandering the halls of other Fx high schools, even some of the "nicer" ones.

Posted by: Barney ()
Date: December 03, 2008 10:06AM

It does however make
> her sad that her school has been in the news alot
> lately and for negative reasons.

When has the school ever been in the news for positive reasons?

Otherwise, When Will It End, what a sweet post, but you didn't really expect praise, hugs and kisses with your post, did you?

Posted by: KEM ()
Date: December 03, 2008 10:11AM

wastefield only? Wrote:
> I'm curious, first of all as to whether this is
> just a rumor about spot drug testing or if they're
> really going to do it and if they are only
> planning to do it at Wastefield.
>
> Most of the heroin distribution may have come from
> there but you can be certain there are junkies
> wandering the halls of other Fx high schools, even
> some of the "nicer" ones.

It is scheduled at Westfield this Thursday at 10:00. But it is suppose to be a surprise, so don't tell anyone the date/time. It will be a trial before they take it on the road to the next school-- West Potomac, I heard.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: December 03, 2008 10:13AM

Cougar Mom Wrote:
> It would also be a good idea for the kids to learn

I'm pretty sure that's what these high school drug dealers are doing.

Posted by: go easy ()
Date: December 03, 2008 12:04PM

First of all Pablo, I am far from a simp. I have a level of education of which you likely can only dream, and can engage in meaningful debate. Engage in discussion other than name calling (which makes the name caller appear self-authenticatingly snide and well, stupid) at your peril.

And I find the permissive attitude towards drugs appalling, and not because I believe that the solution is to overly criminalize them. Anyone in their 40's has seen too much potential wasted, and too many lives ruined. What particularly bothers me in the suburbs is that so many well off kids are spoiled. Many of us didn't have enough money for food or clothes (myself included) growing up, so the last damn thing I was going to spend money on was drugs or cigarettes or some other vice with no tangible return. It reflects a spoiled culture where mental toughness and discipline are not valued.

Posted by: dono ()
Date: December 03, 2008 12:28PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> Like these sweethearts?
>
> DECEMBER 2--A group of teenagers working at a
> Minnesota nursing home abused and sexually
> humiliated elderly residents suffering from
> Alzheimer's disease and dementia, prosecutors
> allege. The six young female caregivers were named
> yesterday in criminal complaints charging them
> with a variety of cruel behavior at the Good
> Samaritan Society nursing home in Albert Lea, a
> city in southern Minnesota. Only two of those
> charged--Brianna Broitzman, 19, and Ashton Larson,
> 18--are named in the complaints since they were
> not minors when the alleged abuse occurred.
> According to District Court complaints filed
> against Broitzman (pictured above left) and Larson
> (above right), nursing home residents were spat
> upon, spanked, improperly touched, and tormented
> by the teenagers earlier this year. Excerpts of
> the misdemeanor complaints can be found below.
> Broitzman allegedly poked one resident's breasts,
> spit into the mouth of another elderly person, and
> "put her bare butt" in the face of a Good
> Samaritan Society resident identified as "S.W."
> Larson once "inserted her finger into a resident's
> rectum," spit water on another "vulnerable adult,"
> and would deliberately bathe a resident in a rough
> manner so the elderly man would get an erection.
> The minor caregivers are identified in the
> complaints by their initials and dates of birth.
> Broitzman, charged with 11 criminal counts, and
> Larson, charged with 10 counts, face a year in
> jail or up to a year in jail on each of the raps.
> (8 pages)

'and would deliberately bathe a resident in a rough
> manner so the elderly man would get an erection.' Okay she should get reduction in sentencing for that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 12:30PM by dono.

Date: December 03, 2008 12:43PM

go easy Wrote:
> First of all Pablo, I am far from a simp. I have
> a level of education of which you likely can only
> dream, and can engage in meaningful debate.
> Engage in discussion other than name calling
> (which makes the name caller appear
> self-authenticatingly snide and well, stupid) at
> your peril.
>
> And I find the permissive attitude towards drugs
> appalling, and not because I believe that the
> solution is to overly criminalize them. Anyone in
> their 40's has seen too much potential wasted, and
> too many lives ruined. What particularly bothers
> me in the suburbs is that so many well off kids
> are spoiled. Many of us didn't have enough money
> for food or clothes (myself included) growing up,
> so the last damn thing I was going to spend money
> on was drugs or cigarettes or some other vice with
> no tangible return. It reflects a spoiled culture
> where mental toughness and discipline are not
> valued.

Humm, you have an education I can only dream of, yet you use self-authenticatingly when the sentence you wrote should have read as follows: which makes the name caller appear self-authenticating and snide, not to mention, stupid.

The effect is much more poignant. It is a shame that you earned your valued degree from the George W. Bush School of New Word Creation.

You say that to over criminalize drugs is the answer. My permissive attitude is toward marijuana. A drug when compared to the other drugs featured in the news for this county, seems to be tame compared to HEROIN.

Do you suggest that an extreme tax be imposed on alcohol as well? Seeing as that alcohol and cigs are the first drug that many teens experiment with.

As I have stated before mental midgets are the ones who seem to let weed take over their life, but of the millions upon millions of Americans who smoke marijuana, I am willing to bet that only a small percentage allow it to completely burn their life out to the point that all hope for a successful life can no longer be considered.

You remind me of the Military Father in American Beauty. Anal about everything, tried to run a ship so tight you could not pull a blade of grass through its asshole, yet his son is selling weed and he turns out to be a closet gay.

I will agree with you that hard drugs must be controlled, but do not try and be the voice of morality by saying that all drugs must be overly criminalized. It makes you look weak and extreme.

Posted by: rdtj ()
Date: December 03, 2008 01:45PM

I am a former Westfield HS student. I think that that they should have a random drug testing policy for ALL students. Just like they would do in a business or in professional sports leagues.

Date: December 03, 2008 03:11PM

Barney,
I never know what to expect here and I would never come searching for praise here if my life depended on it. What amazes me is how fast a poster changes... First they might seem scincere and respond in a nice manner and then the next post they are an animal out for blood. I never know who to take serious and who not to take serious.

Posted by: Awakened ()
Date: December 03, 2008 03:19PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2009 09:19PM by Awakened.

Posted by: Jake The Snake ()
Date: December 03, 2008 03:37PM

They have to DRUG TEST these kids to keep them safe in Westfields? Seriously, I wouldn't hire a Bulldog...and I do a lot of hiring in Fairfax County. It's not that all Bulldogs do drugs, but it's the inclination that they will probably (or have) try tried it. Its like hiring black people...not all do drugs, but do you really want to expose your business to criminal elements when there are ways to avoid it? (like not hiring them). It's so complicated.

Posted by: Duped Or Not ()
Date: December 03, 2008 05:15PM

When will it end Wrote:
> Barney,
> I never know what to expect here and I would never
> come searching for praise here if my life depended
> on it. What amazes me is how fast a poster
> changes... First they might seem scincere and
> respond in a nice manner and then the next post
> they are an animal out for blood. I never know
> who to take serious and who not to take serious.

Can't even believe you would trust anyone here. You need to get some friends. None of us are real.

Date: December 03, 2008 05:49PM

Duped....
Perfect example of someone twisting a post around... I never said anything about "trusting" anyone, I said "I dont know who to take serious".

Thanks for yet another twist to my post.

Posted by: hmmm... ()
Date: December 03, 2008 05:49PM

Larry Wrote:
> Sorry, but doing and possessing drugs on school
> property is Big Brother's business

If a teacher or faculty member has reason to believe that an individual is on drugs, or is storing/selling drugs on school property, of course, it's their responsibility to report it. That is not even remotely the same thing as "some kids got high at some point, someone ended up dead, so let's search & screen everyone". Big difference between individual action, and "big brother". This is like being stopped leaving Walmart to show your receipt, even though you just paid for everything. Treating everyone like a criminal in a vain attempt to catch a few has become an unfortunate norm in our society. Those who just accept it as part of life only perpetuate the problem and inconvenience for the rest.

Posted by: CentrevilleMom ()
Date: December 03, 2008 06:40PM

Finally. That's the best thing they could have come up with. I talk to this mom in Manassas, who has been thru it over and over again.

She had 5 kids, all honor roll kids, all athletic, sports yr round. She's a stay at home mom, husband has good job, married 30 yrs. Beautiful home.

Found a thong, condoms, and a bong in her garage. Got on the internet and searched for "hidden camera". Found out her neighbors' kid was using HER garage for sex and drugs. Later, she found that one of HER kids was doing cocaine. She learned from the internet that she could buy this card, and BUG a cell phone. She said it was easy. $75bucks back then. It helped her isolate the incoming source of the cocaine, and the people who were involved with her kid.

That was three yrs ago, her kid went off to Military school and is now in the Army, clean, happy and married.

So, Mom out there that is so happy her daughter is smart enough not to get involved...keep your eyes open anyway. Her friends could be one step away from it, once they like it, your daughter could too.

Posted by: NassasMom ()
Date: December 03, 2008 10:47PM

When will it end Wrote:
> Duped....
> Perfect example of someone twisting a post
> around... I never said anything about "trusting"
> anyone, I said "I dont know who to take serious".
>
>
> Thanks for yet another twist to my post.

Your just plain twisted, Besides shouldn't you be getting ready for this weekend's party caravan instead of blabbering here?

Date: December 03, 2008 11:08PM

Nassasmom....
I"m ready already.... did you need a ride? Sorry vans full this time around.

Posted by: mufman ()
Date: December 06, 2008 05:29PM

I hate to tell you all this, but no matter how much you spend (house or private school tuition) your little princes and princesses are going to know kids who have and do drugs. They may even take drugs themselves. There's a really good chance they are going to have sex too.

Care for your children, but don't bury your head in the sand or try and shield them from the sins of the world. Private school offers an atmosphere of children whose parents also care for them, which is evident in the fact that they pay sums of money to keep their kids there. At least then the people they spend their time with will be equally aware of the parental repercussions of bad behavior. This is to a lesser extent in the wonderful public schools of fairfax county

Posted by: SweetNiblets ()
Date: December 06, 2008 05:44PM

And why is she preocupied about this? Because her daughter is going to be safe in School? Of course it should be allowed so they can help those students that are in trouble!!!

Date: December 07, 2008 12:01AM

Sweetniblets....
Alittle late on the post, but regardless AGAIN..... it was a simple question, certainley not anything we are preocupied over.

Posted by: Julie ()
Date: December 07, 2008 06:50PM

I wonder if these drug test will test for 2 C i ? or r they just testing for heroin?

Date: December 08, 2008 09:15AM

2ci is not technically illegal, but creative prosecutors have tried to label it as an analog to 2cb in order to prosecute under the analog statutes. I have no idea if they succeeded.

Posted by: yeah ()
Date: December 09, 2008 03:14PM

when i attended westfield they sent the dogs around while people were in class and had them sniff lockers and outside of classrooms. this was before the heroin problem. also i dont think they can test ANYONE without suspicion but if he/she plays sports then its allowed, i used to have them mentality that if they wanted to drug test me i'd say no but each year the county is getting more strict so i wouldnt be surprised if it is admissable to administer random drug tests

Date: December 09, 2008 10:53PM

Oakton had dogs sniff the lockers a few times when I went there. People knew to only bring what they could carry ion their person, if they did drugs at all.

Posted by: Awakened ()
Date: December 10, 2008 04:05PM

they DESERVE to be drug tested

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2008 04:06PM by Awakened.

Posted by: blahblah ()
Date: December 11, 2008 08:59PM

truth is you can tell your kids all you want, spy on them all you like, but i know there is always a way around it. i'm a teen and i have found those ways. you want to prevent them from doing waht you don't want them to?
lock them in a box and bury them until they're 30.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.