HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
this is the first Christmas without Springfield Mall
Posted by: Sigmund ()
Date: December 21, 2012 04:36AM

Gotta admit I kind of miss the place. anyone remember the commercial jingle that went "Springfield Mall, the only mall you'll ever need ~ ~" ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: this is the first Christmas without Springfield Mall
Posted by: Digmund ()
Date: December 21, 2012 05:34AM

Best place for Christmas shopping with no crowds. Fair Oaks had to do this year. You couldn't pay me to go Tyson's.

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: December 21, 2012 06:34AM

Holy shit OP, that song was, let me guess late 80's. Damn, that's back in the day as Carvel's razor blade radio commercials for Cookie Puss. Yeah, Springfield Mall is not the place to shop, unless you want to potentially contend with some unsavory folks and activity. A lump of coal for the shithole.

Posted by: raisedinffc ()
Date: December 21, 2012 07:47AM

I remember when the food court was so packed you couldn't find a seat. I miss that mall. It had just about everything, they were missing a few necessary stores, but it was just the right sized mall. As soon as the criminals started showing up and people were being stabbed, it all went down hill. My mother used to let me go to the movie theatre when I was 12 years old, granted she knew the movie was right inside the door and I would walk right in and right out, but after people started getting stabbed I wasn’t allowed to enjoy the movies anymore...I want to know why they would do that...It was where people from DC metroed into because Tyson’s was not accessible and people from south out FFC came up, I mean I know it was those from inner DC and Route 1 that scared off the locals, but come on! Now that we allowed them to take over, they scare all the mothers from letting their teenagers go to the movies and shop and scared the men into worrying about their wives and children when they just wanted to play in the GIANT playground, we allowed them to run us out, and there was almost no business and now it's completely shut down. What is going to happen when they open the silver line? Will the same cycle continue? Will the "trouble" come into Tyson's and scare off those who regularly shop there? They need to bring Springfield Mall back. It's a pain in the ass to have to drive all the way to Fair Oaks with the traffic in the evening, and it's small as hell. Tyson's is a pain to get to, park, and shop in with the amount of people in it. I have grown up in Springfield seeing that Mall going from flourishing to being a ruin. It truly upsets me. Let’s get off our asses and make it happen Springfield!

Posted by: Que? ()
Date: December 21, 2012 08:15AM

With all that poor grammar and lack if punctuation, I have no fucking clue what you're talking about...

Posted by: stephen ()
Date: December 21, 2012 09:54AM

The mall was only good for shopping at spencer gifts.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.