HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I just voted in VA
Posted by: Tax Payer ()
Date: November 05, 2013 10:34AM

I voted for Cuccinelli , Jackson, Obenshain and I voted NO FOR SCHOOL BOARD QUESTION. REMEMBER TO VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I just voted in VA
Posted by: Just Say Nope ()
Date: November 05, 2013 10:37AM

So glad that you want to see your nutty religion become law. Congratulations!

Posted by: hammerhead10 ()
Date: November 05, 2013 10:39AM

It's your right to be an idiot. Glad there are more than enough sane voters to cancel your vote out.

Posted by: Facts please ()
Date: November 05, 2013 10:51AM

So other than the OP, the rest of you believe that a candidate's personal views are what they plan to put forward into law. No candidate does that. So I guess any "good Catholic" (like JFK) can't win with Dems? You all are so nuts. Let's elect a person with no elected office experience and failed businesses and fraud in their past. Good call.... We need more scandals in VA. That is one way to get noticed.

Posted by: Impartial Observer ()
Date: November 05, 2013 10:52AM

Tax Payer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I voted for Cuccinelli , Jackson, Obenshain and I
> voted NO FOR SCHOOL BOARD QUESTION. REMEMBER TO
> VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that's called "The Golden Sombrero".

Posted by: thisisajokeright ()
Date: November 05, 2013 10:56AM

Religion shouldn't EVEN play a part in this. It really shouldn't.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: November 05, 2013 10:58AM

Congratulations OP. At least you voted.

It is very easy this year to walk away. We have a poor crop of candidates. But that may be an even greater reason for voting. However the message you send by not voting isn't the message the parties are going to hear. They are going to assume that you didn't vote because you are too ignorant or too uninvolved, you don't care about local or state elections, or that their negative advertising on the opposing party and candidates has worked. It's only by having people turn out in numbers that the message will be sent that we Virginians deserve better.

So go vote. If you generally agree with Cuccinelli's positions, vote for him. If you don't, vote for McAuliffe. If you believe both major party candidates such pond water, then vote for Sarvis.

Even if you can't stomach voting for any candidate for Governor, there are still elections for the House of Delegates and the bond issue to vote on.

Posted by: who the fuck cares ()
Date: November 05, 2013 11:03AM

I'm not voting. Either way you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

A politician is a politician.........IF THEY AREN'T KISSING A BABY THEN THEY ARE STEALING THE CANDY FROM ONE!!!!!

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT!

Posted by: Charles G ()
Date: November 05, 2013 11:23AM

There were two hot women passing out Republican sample ballots where I voted. There were two butt ugly women with short mens haircuts passing out the democrats ballot.

Posted by: Fat~Bottom~Girl ()
Date: November 05, 2013 12:11PM

Facts please Wrote:
> So other than the OP, the rest of you believe that
> a candidate's personal views are what they plan to
> put forward into law.

It's not the Kookster's personal views that bother me, it's how he's legislated. The Kookster supports Personhood for fetuses & TRAP laws.

"While he’s never cast a vote on legislation that explicitly restricted birth control options, the Kookster for a decade has been one of the strongest anti-abortion voices in Virginia. He’s supported personhood bills that recognized life as beginning at the moment of conception or fertilization and bestowed human embryos with legal rights. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists says such legislation could outlaw birth control pills and other forms of contraception that prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in a uterus."

http://www.politifact.com/virginia/statements/2013/sep/16/ken-cuccinelli/cuccinelli-says-he-never-backed-legislation-limits/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Burdensome and Unnecessary Requirements Limit Access to Services

"TRAP" (Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers) laws single out the medical practices of doctors who provide abortions, and impose on them requirements that are different and more burdensome than those imposed on other medical practices. For example, such regulations may require that abortions be performed in far more sophisticated and expensive facilities than are necessary to ensure the provision of safe procedures. Compliance with these physical plant requirements may require extensive renovations or be physically impossible in existing facilities. TRAP laws may also allow unannounced state inspections, even when patients are present. These excessive and unnecessary government regulations – an ever-growing trend among state legislatures – increase the cost and scarcity of abortion services, harming women's health and inhibiting their reproductive choices."

http://reproductiverights.org/en/project/targeted-regulation-of-abortion-providers-trap

Posted by: Mr Fix it ()
Date: November 05, 2013 01:20PM

hammerhead10 Wrote:
> It's your right to be an idiot. Glad there are
> more than enough insane voters to cancel your vote
> out.

Posted by: Sane ()
Date: November 05, 2013 02:03PM

I got news for you, chief. There are LOTS more Republican votes where his came from........yes, SANE ones. Cuccinelli might not win, but he will give McAulliffe a run for the money.

Posted by: T-Mac Daddy ()
Date: November 05, 2013 02:09PM

Sane Wrote:
> Cuccinelli might not win, but he will
> give McAulliffe a run for the money.

Naw. T-Mac 51% / the Kookster 43% / Sarvis 6%

Even w/Sarvis off the ballot, T-Mac would've won.

Posted by: Miker2 ()
Date: November 05, 2013 04:06PM

I'm not voting because Northern Virginia's roads are so shitty and overcrowded that there's no way I can get to my polling place in time.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.