HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Michael Savage taking "drive-time" in Jan on WMAL (yeah - we talked about this before)
Posted by: WMAL-Fan ()
Date: November 04, 2013 10:19PM

So I know I brought this up before.....but I've put together some thoughts on Michael Savage moving to Sean Hannity's 3-6PM time slot on WMAL.....

Savage apparently gets high ratings from the online streaming audience...which they say is the young-adult/up-and-coming-leaders audience....I'm not expert on on how tv shows/radio shows are ranking or how the rating system works, but that's what I've heard Savage brag about all 3 or 4 times I've tuned into him the last month or so....

I put him on for 10 minutes or so tonight, and his two major topics are vaccine horror stories(bc its flu season), and horses being used for human consumption....

The two highlights of this experience are:

a) Savage bellowing and shouting about the moral outrage of human consumption of horse was being legally discussed -- right up to the commercial break so the segment had max emphasis....

b) A caller mentioned the "Mayo Clinic" and Savage made a funny about how he calls it the "Mayonaise Clinic"

My two cents of it:
Savage's defense of his show's subject matter is that 'all the other stupid talk show hosts have already talked it to death.......'

....and by the time Savage's current time slot arrives (9PM - 11PM) - yes that's typically true...

I think he fits his current time slot: he entertains people in a political-enough way to suit WMAL listeners, but thrives on the fact people are tired of talking about politics at 9PM....

My prediction: When he moves to the midday time-slot, before the audience is intellectually exhausted at the day's end, Savage will find he doesn't have the political instinct/understanding of politics as Rush(who will be before him), or the Constituitional/legal expertise as Levin (who will be after him)...

I'm not saying Hannity is some talk-show guru, and I can understand why he may have lost his time slot.....

But I predict Savage may not be the midday conservative talk-show messiah he seems to always seems to be bragging about...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Michael Savage taking "drive-time" in Jan on WMAL (yeah - we talked about this before)
Posted by: RoadMusings_ ()
Date: November 04, 2013 10:23PM

I once listened to Michael Savage (aka Michael Weiner - yes that's his real name).

He was rambling on. I use the word rambling but he was quite viscerally angry - about Dustin Hoffman and some sort of gambling show he was doing.

I never quite got what was bothering "Dr." Savage about Mr. Hoffman, but the dude sounded like he was going to have an aneurysm.

This was a year or so ago.

That said, Sean "Great American" Hannity is one of the most boring, repetitive hosts out there.

It's like listening to day old press releases repeated back over and over again, with some sycophancy mixed in. It's unlistenable.

His show on TV is almost as bad. People made fun of Colmes but when they got rid of him Sean just stopped putting forth even a tincture of effort.

Re: Michael Savage taking "drive-time" in Jan on WMAL (yeah - we talked about this before)
Date: November 04, 2013 10:31PM

RoadMusings_ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I once listened to Michael Savage (aka Michael
> Weiner - yes that's his real name).
>
> He was rambling on. I use the word rambling but he
> was quite viscerally angry - about Dustin Hoffman
> and some sort of gambling show he was doing.
>
> I never quite got what was bothering "Dr." Savage
> about Mr. Hoffman, but the dude sounded like he
> was going to have an aneurysm.
>
> This was a year or so ago.
>
> That said, Sean "Great American" Hannity is one of
> the most boring, repetitive hosts out there.
>
> It's like listening to day old press releases
> repeated back over and over again, with some
> sycophancy mixed in. It's unlistenable.
>
> His show on TV is almost as bad. People made fun
> of Colmes but when they got rid of him Sean just
> stopped putting forth even a tincture of effort.

Like I said, I can understand why Hannity lost his time slot....lol I really do...

but at least Hannity doesn't boast and brag about being some super-human angelic source of intellect....

I just think Savage is going to suffer because his audience isn't exhausted after the workday+return commute....

At 9PM - onwards most people have turned to the intellectually UN-stimulating media so they wind down to go to sleep.....Savage's cup of tea ;)

Date: November 04, 2013 10:32PM

er:

...his audience WON'T be exhausted after...

Posted by: Carol ()
Date: October 17, 2014 11:30PM

I am so disappointed with Dr. Savage's 2 hours on WMAL. I enjoy Rush and I love Mark Levin. Who decided to put this pompous, narcissistic, braggart on the air? He thinks that no one has an education and he, alone, is able to discuss pertinent news. He also disparages all other radio hosts including Mark Levin. So unprofessional.
Thanks for allowing me to vent. I have to be in the car every afternoon from 3:00 to 7:00 and always looked forward to conservative radio; not anymore.

Posted by: Fairfax Conservative ()
Date: October 18, 2014 06:59AM

When Savage says things like "I know these things, I am educated.", he reminds me of Nancy Pelosi.

I'd rather listen to Fresh Air and All Things Considered, which are both pompously liberal, but at least relaxing to listen to.

But then again, I got tired of Hannity's show, with his annual Redneck-palooza.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.