HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Football - Falls Church @ Hayfield. November 1, 2013
Posted by: Stuart Borris ()
Date: November 03, 2013 11:32AM

I went to this game because my daughter came from Island Creek Elementary to participate in the Hayfield junior cheerleader event. She enjoyed herself and had a great experience with the Hayfield cheerleaders. As her dad, I loved seeing that. The interesting thing is this turned out to be the most exciting and thrilling high school football game I have ever witnessed in person. It really was. Early on it was all Falls Church. They were running and passing the ball well and pushing Hayfield around. To be honest, Hayfield did not look ready to play at times. The Hawks allowed blocked a field goal and they botched a handoff on offense that resulted in a fumble deep in their own territory. Falls Church dominated and took a 20-0 lead. And then I heard somebody get angry on the Hayfield sideline, yelling at the top of his lungs. Right after that, everything changed. Hayfield scored 28 unanswered points. It started at the very end of the first half. On 3rd and 8 at around their own 10 yard line, Hayfield threw 90+ yard touchdown bomb. Then got another touchdown early in the 3rd. Then picked off the throw from the Falls church QB, which lead to another touchdown they got on on 3rd and goal. Hayfield's last touchdown was another well thrown long bomb down the right sideline, in which the receiver broke a tackle and trotted into the endzone. It was a thrilling to watch how this game turned. Hayfield took control 28-20. However, Falls Church came back had people biting their nails when it got a touchdown with 20 seconds left. All they needed was the 2 point conversion to tie it. Falls Churched approached the line for the attempt. The band beat on their drums and Hayfield's crowd began to stomp and yell for the defense. It was a tense moment. Falls Church then went for the 2 by bulldozing a run up the middle. But Hayfield's defense stood them up and secured the 28-26 win. Everyone on the Hayfield side yelled and cheered. It was a thrilling win for Hayfield's players and their crowd. The Falls Church players went to their knees and were understandably dejected. The old cliché "The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" applies here. I myself was very happy because I saw my daughter enjoy herself with the cheerleaders and saw the most exciting high school game of my life. I attended WT Woodson in the 1980s, but I never saw a thrilling game like this. Thank You Hayfield, you made a fun night!!

SJB

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.